• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
He didn't even direct the game.

30463256-30463256.jpg

It's the exact opposite with Zelda though

If you're just going to try and discredit Zelda's reception constantly, on some GameFAQs level console wars shit, like you have been the last few days, then please just contact a mod and get yourself banned the quick and easy way. Anyone can look at your post history.

mjp2417

Banned
These kinds of reviews are both extraordinary and unsurprising. The buzz around this game has been unlike anything I can remember in quite some time.

Sandfox

EDGE 10
Famitsu 40/40
Gamepro 94/100
Gamespot 10
Jeuxvideo 20/20
IGN 10/10
Eurogamer Essential
Vooks 5/5
Giantbomb 5/5
PressStart 10/10
Easy Allies 4.5/5
Jeuxvideo-live 18/20
GoG 10/10
Gamesradar 5/5
Polygon 10/10
Gamecentral 10/10
GamersGlobal.de: 9.5/10
Multiplayer.it 9.7/10
Destructoid 10/10
rpgsite 10/10
NintendoLife 10/10
Gamereactor Spain 10/10
USGamer 5/5
Kotaku "Best Zelda ever" aka 10/10

I can't wait to play this.

I think it was going to score so high not only because it'll be a fantastic game but being the Wii U swan song + Switch launch is going to help reviews. Nobody wants to see it fail when it comes down to it.

Also, no 8s yet. I'm telling you people will flip out. Imagine like a 7.9 lol

Chaos17

From Open critic, already get 15 reviews listed: http://opencritic.com/game/1548/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild?tab=1
NZGamer
Keith Milburn
9.5 / 10.0
(Switch)

Destructoid
Chris Carter
10.0 / 10.0
(Switch)

TheSixthAxis
Stefan L
9 / 10
(Switch)

Nintendo Life
Thomas Whitehead
10 / 10
(Switch)

RPG Site
Alex Donaldson
10 / 10
(Switch)

GamingTrend
Ron Burke
100 / 100
(Switch)

GameSpot
Peter Brown
10 / 10
(Switch)

EGM
Emma Schaefer
9.5 / 10.0
(Switch)

CGMagazine
Cody Orme
9.5 / 10.0

The Digital Fix
Andrew Phillips
10.0 / 10.0
(Switch)

JoeM86

One from Nintendo Insider

Nintendo Insider - 10/10
Breath of the Wild delivers the adventure of a lifetime, and it is exciting that it will thrive on shared experiences around the way that everyone chose to interact with the world before them. 

We have long awaited the day that Ocarina of Time was dethroned, and here we have a renewed blueprint that will similarly have a momentous impact on where the series is steered next. How appropriate it is, then, that Breath of the Wild will be remembered as a legend in its own right and, perhaps, the greatest game that Nintendo has ever created. Never has a world impressed me so much.

Before anyone bashes Easty Allies (yes I know it's a 9 but some will) they say the only real problem is they faced some serious framerate issues docked.

MonsterCrab

Neo Member
10/10 on Dutch site Gamer.nl

English translation of the conclusion:
"Breath of the Wlid offers the same great feeling of scale and adventure as the first Zelda-games. This game throws you in at the deep end, and you get a great sense of freedom in return. The new version of Hyrule is to die for."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom