• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypunch

Banned
This is EPD's first open world game so I don't expect it to be flawless. Watching videos and there already seems to be too much barren areas stretching on for too long and systems which could get frustrating for some players. There's still a lot of improvements and refining that will be applied to future Zelda game, I think.

correojon

5 pages already before the first review hits. I fear for our souls.

OP, youre doing an awesome job with all the threads, THANK YOU!

Edit: Lol, page 6

Guymelef

It's one of those "untouchable" series, expect lots of 95-100, etc...
And time will put the game in its proper place, just like MGS V...

Nintendogs was a great game for what it proposed to do. But of course, as you don't shoot anything, and as it wasn't grey and brown and you didn't develop strong emotional connection with the characters (debatable point, btw) TEH HARDCORE!!!!1 was insulted anyone could actually like it and actually review it as high as they did. Hence the outrage.
well. the hardcore can stay pressed by nintendogs' slayage tbqh.
WHqMFP9.gif

This is EPD's first open world game so I don't expect it to be flawless. Watching videos and there already seems to be too much barren areas stretching on for too long and systems which could get frustrating for some players. There's still a lot of improvements and refining that will be applied to future Zelda game, I think.
No game is flawless.

I'll guess 94 Meta just because there's going to be a shit ton of 95-100s

I would even go 95 or 96 but some site is going to give it an 8 or less for clicks I imagine.

rockx4

When a game someone likes get low scores: Well, reviews are harsher than they used to be, take the score and add 5.

When a game they dislike gets high scores: Reviewers are biased, xx series is a critic's darling.

massoluk

Banned
People are out of their minds if they think this game is gonna 90+ MC.

Lots of websites don't usually tolerate technical flaws, and this seems to be the only (and big) problem of BotW.

I can easily see a grand amount of 8.x
Occasional frame rate dip barely qualified as technical flaw, Skyrim have plenty of actual technical flaws, still got 90+

Man, you really are desperate this last days

LotusHD

Banned
When a game someone likes get low scores: Well, reviews are harsher than they used to be, take the score and add 5.

When a game they dislike gets high scores: Reviewers are biased, xx series is a critical darling.

There's no winning.

120v

no doubt the game is incredible but its zelda, it's a launch title. it could be pretty mediocre and still hover above 90

LotusHD

Banned

Guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom