• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majora

Looking forward to the review with the lowest score being seized upon by certain members, *cough* Skypunch, Talentalwayswins and Guymelef, as the one true review, the only review brave enough to take off the rose tinted glasses.

Forget the high scores, only the review with the lowest score is being truly realistic and honest.

T.O.P

Banned
C522POSXEA0cJ81.jpg

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/837025552536121344

Wow

Good luck Zelda Gaf. I shudder to think what will happen if a reviewer has the audacity to not like it lol. Be nice and civil and act as Link would by smashing pots and riding a horse. You can tell I'm not part of Zelda Gaf. Have fun. I love a good hype thread!

Aspiring

I predict a 92 metacritic

I have a question though. If the embargo is now how did Edges review come so early? Exclusive review?

Oh and so ypu all know i predicted 88 for horizon haha.

Looking forward to the review with the lowest score being seized upon by certain members, *cough* Skypunch, Talentalwayswins and Guymelef, as the one true review, the only review brave enough to take off the rose tinted glasses.
alternately this post could read
Looking forward to the review with the lowest score being seized upon by certain members as the one false review, the only review stupid enough to lower their review score for clicks.
pls remain calm

Good luck Zelda Gaf. I shudder to think what will happen if a reviewer has the audacity to not like it lol. Be nice and civil and act as Link would by smashing pots and riding a horse. You can tell I'm not part of Zelda Gaf. Have fun. I love a good hype thread!
You know death threats are inevitable.

Legend of Zelda 10
Zelda II: Adventure of Link dunno, it was always this huge bitch to me
A Link to the Past: 10
Link's Awakening 10
Ocarina of Time 10
Majora's Mask 7
Wind Waker 8
Twilight Princess 9
Phantom Hourglass 6
Spirit Tracks 6
Link Between Worlds 9
Skyward Sword 10

Personal ranking so far. Let's add another 10, baby.
Boo ;( These need to be Switched (hur hur) and ALBW is 8 at best. Actually MM is an 11 but 10 is okay. Oracle games are 9 each. Minish Cap 8. But yeah BoTW is hopefully another solid 10.

As for this game I don't care about Metacritic (it'll be 90+ most likely as is usual for mainline Zelda) that much but I care that the main dungeons are as immaculately designed as is usually the case and that's what I'll be looking for in the reviews - every other concern of mine has been put aside reading the previews.

After playing it for a good 20 hours now I'm going to predict that it has the highest score of any game this generation. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a 97.

ckaneo

I was looking at the BOTW map and there were way too many areas that werent directly related to the dungeons/main story.

Will be interesting to see who went were and how that factors in.

Cloukyo

Banned

I have a question though. If the embargo is now how did Edges review come so early? Exclusive review?

Their issue is published today, after the embargo.

The review itself leaked.

Print usually gets further advance, many times ot final copies because of print deadlines well in advance of embargo

I think a few might not like the heavy focus on survival and resource gathering but I've had a blast playing it and I think most people will love the game, it's certainly a big change up for the series.

Boo ;( These need to be Switched (hur hur) and ALBW is 8 at best. Actually MM is an 11 but 10 is okay. Oracle games are 9 each. Minish Cap 8. But yeah BoTW is hopefully another solid 10.

I'll take all the "problems" of Skyward (most of which I don't agree with) over Mehjora's Mask :p

Skyward's highs for me are way, way greater.

sasliquid

I think it will suffer most from comparisons to Witcher 3s open world but it depends on how many reviewers care/played W3. As I said expecting around 95

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'll guess 94 Meta just because there's going to be a shit ton of 95-100s

I would even go 95 or 96 but some site is going to give it an 8 or less for clicks I imagine.

Sooo even before playing it or reviews even pouring in you're already spinning a narrative that an 8 has to be 'for the clicks'.

This thread will be fucking wild if this is any indication.

Love how people are already salty about non-existent reviews of 80.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom