• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

I basically kicked my sister in the arse and got my 3DS back. Finally started the game

oh god, it's all just as I remembered

OOT. Destroyer of family ties, but full of love :X

idwl

Axkil aka StabMasterArson said:
It's better than TP and i love TP...hell it's better than Wind Waker and Link's Awakening combined...ok that's a stretch
Well I downloaded Links awakening a few days ago and I had been playing that before finding Oot . Its my first time (technically LA I played when i was young but I'd just walk around like an idiot not knowing what to do) for both. I find LA to be extremely well designed. I'm not far into OoT so it might be better. I'm gonna be alternating between the two.Just finished 3rd chapter on LA

Axkil aka StabMasterArson said:
It's like the graphical upgrade is enough to make this game look exactly how i remember it back then.
From the latest Iwata Asks:
Takizawa: I was involved with the remake, too. With regard to game operation, people who played the Nintendo 64 version say it was really comfortable and idealize it.

Iwata: It is a good memory to them.

Takizawa: Yes. So I thought the work this time involved turning minuses to zeroes.

Iwata: What do you mean?

Takizawa: With regard to the things everyone has idealized, we gave high priority to raising everything to the same level.

Iwata: If players think, "It wasn't like this," that's a minus, so you have to make them think, "Yes, yes. That's how it was."

Takizawa: Right. It was rewarding, though, to see how what we had made surpassed the Nintendo 64 version. Neither people who experienced the Nintendo 64 version nor new players will think of it as an old game. I think they will be able to play it as a new game, so I hope they enjoy it.

Busaiku

Ok yeah, the Water Temple was definitely not hard at all.
Both it and the Ice Cavern took me less time than either the Forest or Fire Temple (though, I probably took longer there than most).
Still, I felt the puzzles in the Water Temple were much easier too.

Almost got stumped at one point though, but then I looked up.

Phatcorns

This game is sucking my life away in the same way it did when I first played it. When it first came out that Thanksgiving break so long ago I literally slept on the couch and played it pretty much non stop. Now that it's portable I'm having a very difficult time stopping. 12 hours so far and loving every minute of it.

What in the world?! Did the game have a typo, Princess Ruto referred to Sheik
as a male, that is just impossible, I thought Sheik was surely a female, her character design, the following Link everywhere!
My mind is blown.

Dartastic

Dedication Through Light said:
as a male, that is just impossible, I thought Sheik was surely a female, her character design, the following Link everywhere!
My mind is blown.
Is this the first time you're playing the game? If you have somehow avoided this spoiler for as long as you have, I'm impressed.

Busaiku

My mind is blown.
Isn't that the point of Sheik?

Busaiku said:
Isn't that the point of Sheik?
I thought that was supposed to be the games romantic interest element. All fantasy storylines have romance, and thus, now this game lacks it! I had to literally put the game down because this was just too shocking. I guess I got too immersed in the characters and story.

Big One

Banned
My mind is blown.
Have you not played Smash Bros. at all?

Utako

Banned
I thought that was supposed to be the games romantic interest element. All fantasy storylines have romance, and thus, now this game lacks it! I had to literally put the game down because this was just too shocking. I guess I got too immersed in the characters and story.
Uh, never played Smash Bros?

You always play it straight with your posts don't you?

Bentendo

Everyone had better SHUT THEIR FACE!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I know he's probably just trolling in, but I will pretend he is still an innocent and pure OoT virgin, unspoiled by time. It warms my heart.

angelfly

End of game spoiler:

:lol I'm surprised someone thought that was anyone other than Zelda. When I first played the game I thought it was pretty obvious who Sheik was. If not a troll then I guess it'll make the ending a bit special.

watershed

Banned
At first I thought he was just a really really bad noob at OoT but after reading some more of his posts he must be trolling. What I don't get is how someone can sustain a troll for as long as he has.

Has anyone noticed the depth of the 3D when diving in Lake Hiliya compared to when its off? Link looks like he is actually swimming down and away from you. And yet some people on this forum say 3DS 3D adds nothing to gaming.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DTL is either the biggest troll or the weirdest guy in the world. Whichever it is, it is entertaining to read.

idwl said:
Just did the deku tree . Its my first time ever playing this game. Finding it much more enjoyable than TP so far and I loved TP.
This game starts off much better than TP, and its also much more straight forward. I loved TP as well though :^)

I was hoping I could go through the master quest right from the start, but I guess not.

=HERO=

Neo Member
Bisnic said:
DTL is either the biggest troll or the weirdest guy in the world. Whichever it is, it is entertaining to read.

He can't be both?

Something I SOMEHOW didn't see in all my previous playthroughs, in Goron City
you can play a song other than Saria's song. Saria's Song partly kicks in, and Darunia weakly begins to dance, but then stops, pondering that the song isn't what he wants, giving a hint to the right one.

Bisnic said:
being a semi regular poster of the manga thread, I have pretty much decided to only take him about 37% serious at a time.

sfried

So I just finished getting
sagefriendzoned by Saria...
IN 3D! Navi tells me to go back to the Temple of Time but I feel like a Skulltula fanatic and wonder if I can clear
Dodongo's Cavern
of two of those damn things (you know which ones)...
or do I have to wait for the Longshot
?

-PXG-

OT:

I take back whatever I said about MM being easy. That game is so frusturating at times. Odolwa has so much health (plus the Kokiri sword being utter shit too). Oh, and Deku Scrub butler is an ass. That maze is waaaaaay too long and it's too easy to get left behind.

Games of yesteryear didn't fuck around. I hate to say it, but games these days have been pussified and dumbed down way too much. It's a night and day difference.

sfried

And is it just me, or is this game hard because enemies respond quicker (likely from the framerate increase)? I almost got a Game Over from that
Stalfos encounter from the Forest Temple
because of how they really took chunks of my health. I don't recall them doing ridiculous amounts of damage like this...not to mentions their
resurrection period is much, much shorter
. Even with the jump attack abuse I've actually felt like I was on the edge...and I never felt like that with OoT before in subsequent playthroughs.

Only reason I lived was because of a spare Fairy in a bottle. Holy shit.

-PXG-

sfried said:
And is it just me, or is this game hard because enemies respond quicker (likely from the framerate increase)? I almost got a Game Over from that
Stalfos encounter from the Forest Temple
because of how they really took chunks of my health. I don't recall them doing ridiculous amounts of damage like this...not to mentions their
resurrection period is much, much shorter
. Even with the jump attack abuse I've actually felt like I was on the edge...and I never felt like that with OoT before in subsequent playthroughs.

Only reason I lived was because of a spare Fairy in a bottle. Holy shit.

I thought it was pretty obvious that they made it easier. I noticed that
Twinrova, when combined, does not alternate fire and ice spells. She shoots three of the same type in the row, so there is no need to dodge in fear of resetting your shield's energy.
Overall, I felt that bosses had less health. Oh and speaking of different boss patterns, unless I killed him fast enough,
Ganon didn't knock out any floor tiles with his strong attack. In fact, I didn't see him do it once.

sfried

-PXG- said:
Twinrova, when combined, does not alternate fire and ice spells. She shoots three of the same type in the row, so there is no need to dodge in fear of resetting your shield's energy.
Overall, I felt that bosses had less health. Oh and speaking of different boss patterns, unless I killed him fast enough,
Ganon didn't knock out any floor tiles with his strong attack. In fact, I didn't see him do it once.
Then I wondered why the damn
Stalfos
took so many hits. Was the jump attack abuse nerfed?

Busaiku said:
Ok yeah, the Water Temple was definitely not hard at all.
Both it and the Ice Cavern took me less time than either the Forest or Fire Temple (though, I probably took longer there than most).
Still, I felt the puzzles in the Water Temple were much easier too.

Almost got stumped at one point though, but then I looked up.
Water Temple is weird because if you do things in the right order or happen to notice some of the visual cues to taking the right path everywhere, it's not hard at all.

There's a point, though, where you can use a key out of order and then, when you discover the room you're actually supposed to go to, you can't find a key. It's still possible to get, but can be absolutely fucking maddening if you're just missing that one thing.

-PXG- said:
OT:

I take back whatever I said about MM being easy. That game is so frusturating at times. Odolwa has so much health (plus the Kokiri sword being utter shit too). Oh, and Deku Scrub butler is an ass. That maze is waaaaaay too long and it's too easy to get left behind.

Games of yesteryear didn't fuck around. I hate to say it, but games these days have been pussified and dumbed down way too much. It's a night and day difference.
Lol "Pussified" I love it, goes great with "Bitchmade". Honestly though, i used a twenty dollar strategy guide back in the day. Now it's Gamefaqs all the way bitches yeah!

-PXG- said:

Yes, she does, but she starts the fight off easy with three of the same in a row. Near the end, she usually does a 2-3-1 pattern.

sfried

I thought the idea that OoT would have romantic interest was scrapped during production?

NEO0MJ

Something I just noticed is how smart the Cucoos are. They always fly in a straight horizontal line of at least 3 ahead of me and track my movement to make sure they can hit me. Unlike the stupid Dodongos who never seem to face when they breath fire after I hit their tail.

BrikHog

Neo Member
First time playing OOT and I must say the moments leading up to Adult Link are fantastic. Everything feels crafted to perfection. If I can breeze through some of the eariler areas with some hiccups then Im excited to experience the Labyrinth like temples for the first time.

Off to the Forest Temple *gets big boy pants on*

Dartastic

BrikHog said:
First time playing OOT and I must say the moments leading up to Adult Link are fantastic. Everything feels crafted to perfection. If I can breeze through some of the eariler areas with some hiccups then Im excited to experience the Labyrinth like temples for the first time.

Off to the Forest Temple *gets big boy pants on*
This is one of the reasons that I really think this game is fantastic. I kinda sorta played bits and pieces when I was younger, but the game really does almost literally make you put your big boy pants on when you move to the Forest Temple. It's like the first three dungeons are literally training areas, so when you get to the Forest Temple you really need to step it up a bit. Love it.

Also, I bet a lot of you think it's easier because you're older and more experienced. Honestly.

Busaiku

ShockingAlberto said:
Water Temple is weird because if you do things in the right order or happen to notice some of the visual cues to taking the right path everywhere, it's not hard at all.

There's a point, though, where you can use a key out of order and then, when you discover the room you're actually supposed to go to, you can't find a key. It's still possible to get, but can be absolutely fucking maddening if you're just missing that one thing.
I don't know if I got the exact proper order, I did have to backtrack a number of times, but it certainly wasn't frustrating or anything (it did take about 2.5 hours to get through).

GameE

ShockingAlberto said:

That happened to me hehe, i was going kind of insane.

Top Bottom