• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

I told myself I was going to wait to get a 3DS, I mean they're so damn expensive right now, but when I see OoT in stores I don't think I'll be able to resist.

_Alkaline_ said:
I told myself I was going to wait to get a 3DS, I mean they're so damn expensive right now, but when I see OoT in stores I don't think I'll be able to resist.

joooooooooin uuuuuuuuuussss

Mistle

RpgN said:
Got a call from the shop I ordered the game from, and it's waiting for me there. Time to grab it and enjoy the game. See you later guys!
Gah, 15 days left for me ;_; Give impressions! Let us know if the 3D is as inconsistent as some people have said.

EDIT: I just realised I could have imported the UK copy on the 17th... But then again, I got the Ocarina edition. Hmm.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
to me the 3DS feels more like the 4th DS model rather than a new handheld.
5th.

But yeah, yesterday I started my DSi again and it really feels dated; the menus, the lower resolution, nothing to do on it an a daily basis (other than to play games :Þ)

Plasma

Banned
Mine shipped today, might turn up tomorrow.

Looking forward to playing it, I haven't played much of OoT, never had an N64 and I only played about an hour or two of it on the Gamecube version.

To all the doubters: after a few hours play, I can't play Ocarina of Time in 2D. The textures get somewhat smoother and less jaggy, but *that* feeling is lost. There is a strong feeling of space with 3D on, and combined with the "fairy tale" like, revamped graphics and nostalgia coming from your memories from the game, there are instances this looks "magic".

In 2D it's like everything becomes, well, two dimensional, the break in the illusion is very annoying.

Disregarding some contrast issues that make some items here and there appear as double, this is by far the best implementation of the 3D effect in the system so far. It's funny, since it's a port of an old game...

Kato

Reading and admiring the OT from the OP I would buy the game solely based on that post. But alas no such credit because I already got it pre-ordered :p

Great job on the OT :)

dk_

Annoying Old Party Man said:
To all the doubters: after a few hours play, I can't play Ocarina of Time in 2D. The textures get somewhat smoother and less jaggy, but *that* feeling is lost. There is a strong feeling of space with 3D on, and combined with the "fairy tale" like, revamped graphics and nostalgia coming from your memories from the game, there are instances this looks "magic".

In 2D it's like everything becomes, well, two dimensional, the break in the illusion is very annoying.

Disregarding some contrast issues that make some items here and there appear as double, this is by far the best implementation of the 3D effect in the system so far. It's funny, since it's a port of an old game...
That's what I wanted to hear. ;-)

GAME.co.uk has dispatched mine.

I normally get games a day early with GAME.co.uk. But could I get this two days early? I shouldn't get my hopes up for tomorrow.

neoism

Man I can't believe Nintendo didn't use this game for a special edition 3DS probably would have sold 2mil+ if didn't make them rare. :/ Just bought Aqua Blue yesterday. Wishes they would make a purple system. :( Sucks I have to buy this at gamestop. Why in the hell does Nintendo decided to release games on Sunday. I will have this all over meh face regardless.

GeekyDad

Only renting (tapped out right now), but I'm looking forward to it. Haven't dug into a Zelda in a good while. I really dig the concept of the Master Quest. Sounds like there's more than enough content on offer.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Apparently, the project started with Eiji Aonuma and his EAD Group No.3 and Grezzo Games beginning the co-development. But then Takao Shimizu and his EAD Tokyo Group No.1 (Mahito Yokota) took over the co-development on Nintendo's behalf and continued working with Grezzo while Aonuma co-produced from afar.

Whoa, what?? Shimizu and EAD Tokyo Group 1 had a hand in this (even just from a producing or managerial perspective)? I wonder why it got shifted around like that.

Hopefully Nintendo realizes EAD Tokyo, Koizumi and co. were responsible for some of their most critically acclaimed titles of this generation and trusts them with whatever project they would love to work on.

EAD Tokyo are, in my eyes, easily top 3 development teams in the world right now. I'd love to see a little bit of internal competition between teams to produce the greatest titles. Looking at Skyward Sword this year, they may have stiff competition from Aonuma's Group 3 :)

Glad to hear the 3D effect is working well.

Mockingbird said:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297058

Target Deals for this Sunday!

Nintendo 3DS w/ $25 Gift Card - $249.99
Buy Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS ($39.99) get ANY other 3DS game for 50% off

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296896

Best Buy deals for this Sunday!

$39.99 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Get a $25 gift card with the purchase of Zelda and another $39.99 3DS game

Match it amazon!!!!!!

Oh wow, that's awesome. Yeah Amazon better match it. I'm still surprised there is absolutely nothing in terms of preorder bonus from Amazon for this game. Might deserve its own thread.

Wait till you hit Zoras Domain, doing to jump from the water fall in 3D is really really well done.

yankee666

The Japanese version of the game is already sold out at Play-Asia. Damn now ive to pay a premium price on Ebay. I want this game so bad....

Tadale

I got my 3DS a month ago, but really only in preparation for Zelda. If it wasn't coming out, I would have waited.

Zilch

Banned
Edag Plata said:
This thread is proof...$250 or not, if there's games people want, they'll pay for them.

Hey, I'm still going to wait til a non-ugly version of the 3DS comes out before I buy one. Yay anecdotal evidence!

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
JasoNsider said:
Whoa, what?? Shimizu and EAD Tokyo Group 1 had a hand in this (even just from a producing or managerial perspective)? I wonder why it got shifted around like that.

Hopefully Nintendo realizes EAD Tokyo, Koizumi and co. were responsible for some of their most critically acclaimed titles of this generation and trusts them with whatever project they would love to work on.

EAD Tokyo are, in my eyes, easily top 3 development teams in the world right now. I'd love to see a little bit of internal competition between teams to produce the greatest titles. Looking at Skyward Sword this year, they may have stiff competition from Aonuma's Group 3 :)

Aonuma (and Group 3?) are still involved at least on production. But it looks like Shimizu (producer) and Yokota (music) from EAD Tokyo Group No.1 became closer to the project because Grezzo is in Tokyo as well. Made sense.

Majora's Mask next year i hope.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Aonuma (and Group 3?) are still involved at least on production. But it looks like Shimizu (producer) and Yokota (music) from EAD Tokyo Group No.1 became closer to the project because Grezzo is in Tokyo as well. Made sense.

Majora's Mask next year i hope.

We can probably guarantee if (more like when) this sells really well, Grezzo and Tokyo will be back on task with Majora's Mask. I feel happy for Grezzo...this is looking to be a solid production and the biggest thing to happen to the company. If I was at that studio I'd feel it an honor to be given a chance to work on this project.

GJS

Play.com pre-orders are packing right now, looking at Thursday delivery at the earliest depending how your local post is, as I doubt it will go out tonight.

linkboy

I've got about $250 in store credit at my local Play N Trade just waiting for them to get a Cosmo Black 3DS in, just for Ocarina.

Can't wait to play this next week.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Zilch said:
Hey, I'm still going to wait til a non-ugly version of the 3DS comes out before I buy one. Yay anecdotal evidence!

I'm not sure what you are expecting to change with a new version, the differences will probably be minimal when it comes to the looks, like changing the Home/Select/Start buttons to be easier to push.

And the 3DS isn't ugly... want something ugly? Look at the original Xbox or DS.

Thinking of getting the Aqua blue 3DS since I already have a black DSi. Is the Aqua Blue a girl-color, GAF? Looked pretty manly when I demoed it at Target.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Come on Amazon... do some rebate... something. As soon as something good comes up the 3DS and OoT will be mine.

neoism

DXB-KNIGHT said:
I want them to take their time with Majora's Mask.
yeah I still hope it comes, it's the only Zelda I haven't finished. In fact I barely started it. For some reason I get the the second dungeon and stop... I don't think I ever seen the second dungeon either. :( If it releases like this one I will definitely beat it.

neoism said:
yeah I still hope it comes, it's the only Zelda I haven't finished. In fact I barely started it. For some reason I get the the second dungeon and stop... I don't think I ever seen the second dungeon either. :( If it releases like this one I will definitely beat it.

You were able to beat Adventures of Link but not Majora's Mask?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Someone! Quick! Push me over to impulse buy a 3DS! XD! I want to but that 250 price tag makes it dam hard to digest.

Sianos

Relix said:
Someone! Quick! Push me over to impulse buy a 3DS! XD! I want to but that 250 price tag makes it dam hard to digest.
Super Mario
Luigi's Mansion
Kid Icarus
Mario Kart
Star Fox 64 3D
Paper Mario

Nintendo has games, they are just being slowpokes at releasing some of them. Wasn't Ocarina pretty much done at launch?

Ghost23

Ok, so I'm going to be gone for the week when OoT 3D comes out, so I won't be able to register it onto Club Nintendo for the OST for at least a week. On Nintendo's website it says the OST is going to be limited supply. Will I be fine missing the first week and registering it the week after? I really want that OST! :p

Top Bottom