• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

Eminem said:
keep talking. a bit cocky after just evening the series up today, aren't we?

Sox up 2-0 already. Zambrano is over 35 pitches after the first inning. He'll be gone after 4.
HAHAHAHAH

There's always next year to dream of beating us Cubbies.

You declared victory after the top of the 1st. What a short memory. :D

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
well see, we had the lead at that point. cubs don't have the series lead. i didn't say it was over when it was 0-0, did i?

Mrbob

HE GAWN!

Woo! My daily MLB package is still good! I think I'll watch the Astros lose to the Texans! :p Time to see Oswalt choke! I can switch games at will. This rocks!

Meier

Joe said:
you guys dont have to rape me, im just reporting.

:p

Prior to this year, the Dodgers might have given up Izturis in some trade to get Nomar but I cant see it happening now. He's hitting over .300, has had multiple double-digit hit streaks and teamed with Alex Cora, makes up the best SS/2B duo in the majors as far as fielding goes. Their fielding and double play work is a major reason the Dodgers are even over .500 this year.

Mrbob

Ohh just watched the rookie reds pitcher give up a three run homer. 6-1 indians in the 5th.

Things going well right now.

St. Loius tied now -_-

Houston losing

Reds losing

Milwaukee lost game one of the double header

Cubs win!

Mrbob

Hahahaha. I know. It is a miracle.

Oswalt pitched tonight and the Astros gave him great run support. This is an amazing spectacle to watch.

Mrbob

Desperado

Dusty's like the opposite of Jimy...Jimy ruins the bullpen and Dusty ruins the starters...

also, I was right, today is opposite day:

Beltran gets no hits
Ensberg gets a HR
Astros get clutch hits
Oswalt gives up 2 HRs
Jimy doesn't overwork the BP

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
*In complete and utter shock over the stros winning with a GW HR by Ensberg*

Miguel

FUCK YEAHHH!!!!!

Holy crap...that game was fucking awesome. This is my 4th Astros game this year. :D!!!

MORGAN "I HIT 25 MOTHERFUCKING HOME RUNS LAST YEAR ASSHOLES SO DON'T QUESTION ME" ENSBERG DEMOLISHED THAT PITCH! WOOO!!!!!!

The crowd was cheering beltran all day. Even his outs moved over Biggio and Vizcaino to 3rd.
BAGWELL CLUTCH HIT...FOLLOWED BY A MORGAN ENSBERG HOME RUNN!!!

HOLY TOLEDO!!!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Desperado said:
Dusty's like the opposite of Jimy...Jimy ruins the bullpen and Dusty ruins the starters...

lmao. so true. A pox on Baker for ruining his starters. I hate the Cubs, but a waste of talent is a waste of talent. Last year he terribly overpitched Wood and Prior, and now they're paying for it.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Mrbob said:
Lol Jimmy doesn't even have the closer ready. What is wrong with him? Hahahahahaha.

He was letting the crowd cheer for Oswalt as he walked off the mound. A very nice thing to do. Even though his line doesn't show it, he pitched a wonderful game.

Miguel

capt.hta10607030230.rangers_astros_hta106.jpg

Joe

well i finally get to see the 04 yankees in person tomorrow and watch them and the 300lb cuban embaress the muts.

Kettch

Even though his line doesn't show it, he pitched a wonderful game.

Only the runs bring it down. 9 hits, 0 walks (none the last 3 games), and 11 Ks in 8 innings is excellent. Combined with his last two starts it looks like he may be turning things around. Good for my fantasy team, though I would be happy if he kept losing for the Astros.:p

Mrbob

3-0 lead after one inning! Diaz true colors show. :p

Good start for the Cubbies!

Don't blow it, Maddux! He has been hit and miss in every out. But last time he got rocked against the Sox so this time he is due for a good outing!

Cloudy

Banned
Fuck Fox!!! How the hell do you switch from the 8th inning of a 9-9 Yankees/Mets game to the 5th inning of a 4-0 Cubs/White Sox game? >_<

Fuck!!!!

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
Fuck Fox!!! How the hell do you switch from the 8th inning of a 9-9 Yankees/Mets game to the 5th inning of a 4-0 Cubs/White Sox game? >_<

Fuck!!!!

4-1 now. -_-

Oh and fuck the Stankees.

All I can say is... METS WIN, THE-HU-HU-HU-HU-HU-HU METS WIN!

EDIT:
Joe said:
well i finally get to see the 04 yankees in person tomorrow and watch them and the 300lb cuban embaress the muts.

Joe was there? Even better! What a damn game...

0-2
1-2
1-3
4-3
4-4
4-6
6-6
6-8
7-8
9-8
9-9

and finally...

10-9

Mrbob

Damn Fox can't go back to Wrigley anymore due to local tv commitments! :(

I can't watch the rest of it now call the game! The sox had their chance in the top of the 6th to take the lead and didn't get it done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom