• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NBA has a 3-pt foul problem, and it's associated almost exclusively with Harden

Hopefully some of his incredible court vision, unselfish passing, and damn nice all around offensive game??
Guys who think this is all James has been doing are sleeping on him, as usual lol. Watch some freaking FULL games ffs, not just the shite you get fed on espn or a youtube video.

Lol I was just having a laugh. Chill out. I've watched Harden play enough to know he can ball (and should win MVP even though Westbrook is gonna get it). It still doesn't make his stupid bullshit ticky tack, I'ma stick my arm between the defenders body and arm and flail stuff enjoyable. Sorry.

That's the crux of most of this.

Moving screens make it virtually impossible to play real straight up defense.

Call the screens and you fix a shit ton of this.

Watched the Wiz Celtics game last night and payed attention to all the screens. They don't call anything, including elbows.
In the NCAA, it's pretty strictly enforced. NBA screens are a joke.

Ripenen

Hopefully some of his incredible court vision, unselfish passing, and damn nice all around offensive game??
Guys who think this is all James has been doing are sleeping on him, as usual lol. Watch some freaking FULL games ffs, not just the shite you get fed on espn or a youtube video.

Like game 5 vs. the Thunder where he had 34 points on 8 field goals. Or game 2 where he scored 35 points on 7 made field goals. Or game 2 against the Spurs where he shot 3 of 17.

Harden was one of the top two picks for MVP this year. Nobody is sleeping on him, they are just annoyed at his style of play.

gcubed

Watched the Wiz Celtics game last night and payed attention to all the screens. They don't call anything, including elbows.

the screen has moved into the territory of traveling and carrying. who needs to call them?

LionPride

Banned
That Olynk screen that got him pushed by Oubre wasn't a fucking screen. I do dirty screens, but I don't elbow someone in the fucking chin while moving.

That Olynk screen that got him pushed by Oubre wasn't a fucking screen. I do dirty screens, but I don't elbow someone in the fucking chin while moving.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, It was a moving screen but he didn't try to elbow him. Oubre totally overreacted because he got levelled on the play.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Im loving everyone whinning about moving screens from the rockets. Two years ago the warriors destroyed the rockets with moving screens all the time.

Hell yes I would.

UqH0Ace.gif

Fuck that.

Did the ref blow the whistle on this one? and who was it against? there ain't no audio, but I just imagine him hesitating to blow the whistle, and then being undecided on who to call it on, as it's an auto call for Harden vs benefit of the doubt call for Lebron...

edit:
nevermind, i saw a later post that showed the continuation that led to a no call and shot clock violation. i guess the ref was so confused that by the time he decided on what he was gonna call... the only thing left was the shot clock violation.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, It was a moving screen but he didn't try to elbow him. Oubre totally overreacted because he got levelled on the play.

He did make an attempt and Oubre's frustration was due to an accumulation of several questionable picks he had been hit with prior.

This has always been a problem, do people not remember paul pierce doing this constantly and just playing garbage ball and trying to pick up garbage fouls? This is what makes the NBA so boring to watching, you have have an offensive person through up a ball well after a foul and call it a shooting foul or literally leap 3 feet forward into someone and it's a shooting foul.

Top Bottom