• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
haha I play Mig twice FMT,your dream is over!

well there was a holding call on one. i had an overthrow to bruce too where i thought he would catch it and then didn't even try.

the VD TD should have been picked. i assumed your guy was going to bite and the DT was on my balls immediately so i didnt even have time to see the safety help.

oh, and while your receivers did drop more than a few, there was one where the dude got freaking crushed and hung on. was that jwalk!? asshole should have retired!

the thing they need to work on next year is getting the running game back in order. its rare you see a 100 yard rusher when his longest run was 10 yards, but thats what gore had. its like that for everyone. unless a human player fucks up the play call or moves someone out of position there are no big runs to be had!

p.s. matrix i believe in you!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well there was a holding call on one. i had an overthrow to bruce too where i thought he would catch it and then didn't even try.

the VD TD should have been picked. i assumed your guy was going to bite and the DT was on my balls immediately so i didnt even have time to see the safety help.

oh, and while your receivers did drop more than a few, there was one where the dude got freaking crushed and hung on. was that jwalk!? asshole should have retired!
It was indeed Walker. I was amazed he caught that. He usually just drops it like Higgins with no men on him! He was on fire that drive, so I just kept using him. :lol

Yeah, that VD catch was crazy...I think they both got to it at the same time. That catch + the INT were what made me unleash the dragon on that TD drive.

the thing they need to work on next year is getting the running game back in order. its rare you see a 100 yard rusher when his longest run was 10 yards, but thats what gore had. its like that for everyone. unless a human player fucks up the play call or moves someone out of position there are no big runs to be had!

p.s. matrix i believe in you!
I've had some big runs without AI fuckups and so has Livewire judging from his vids. That said, I had to work my ass off on the moves for mine since I have a shitty OL and my blocking FB is out this year. I would like to see more big runs, but I don't want it to get out of hand. You had some huge runs the last 2 disconnected games.

I had 1 big run in all of 08 (vs the Steelers in the playoffs!) even though I had tons of yards, but then again, I was using Jordan.

Longest runs:
1. W Parker (PIT) 95
2. L Maroney (Ne) 87
3. B Jacobs (nyg) 75
4. F Taylor (Jac) 75
5. D McFadden (OAK) 73
6. J Norwood (Atl) 68
7. L Tomlinson (SD) 67
8. R Grant (GB) 63

Rorschach

:lol You're gonna hate this, FMT. I just looked at the replay for that walker catch....Clements knocked it out with his leg when he was trying to re-grip it. It wasn't a catch. It should have been challenged :X

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"1. W Parker (PIT) 95"

That was on me and totally my fault,I still remember the run :(

Rorschach

Matrix said:
"1. W Parker (PIT) 95"

Sorry. I do too. :(

I had a bunch of McFadden ones up, but I had to take them down because of the limit. :|

I can't save my Higgins/Watkins dropped catches because the plays are blocked out. >:| Boooh!

blah, computer probably wouldn't have overturned it anyways. i cant remember who i was playing (LJ or maybe frankman), but they challenged a catch that i made and i was CLEARLY out, it wasn't even close to having a 2nd foot but the play stood.

plus even though i bitch about that catch its not like it came on 3rd down. it was a first down play i believe. the play that pisses me off is that i jumped offsides and gave you another shot at a td :(

Rorschach

You can still make it through WC if you win out and Chicago craps the bed! ...or you can win out and MiG can lose 3.

You promised me a Bay Area Bowl II!

I'll fill in for the Texans! ;b

Ramirez

Matrix said:
"1. W Parker (PIT) 95"

Good times!

Maybe I have a foggy memory, but I seem to get 15+ yard runs all the time with Parker...man I haven't played this game in like 3 weeks. :(

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
Good times!

Maybe I have a foggy memory, but I seem to get 15+ yard runs all the time with Parker...man I haven't played this game in like 3 weeks. :(
You don't say? :/

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Glad to see Livewire and I aren't the only ones having problems staying connected. We tried twice yesterday and both times it disconnected on us, but it was in the first half. Both times the games were tied so it wasn't a huge deal.

Mrbob

Will need to be Wed or Thurs night.

Tonight I'm getting some more nba2k games in, and tommorrow night is election night plus the shield.

Oh and so mr commmishes know, I am officially just entering team stats from now on. Huge diluge of games hitting, nba2k9 league starting, and the fact that it seems like 30 teams are being played by 15 players and this league hanging on life support has lead me to this decision!

Oh...but I'll put in kyle orton's passing stats! Only if they are good.....

bluemax

Banned
Matrix said:
"1. W Parker (PIT) 95"

My 98 yarder with LT on the Colts last year will never be beat!

Also anyone up? I know its late but this seems to be the only time on weeknights I get.

bluemax

Banned
Second place is mine!

Horrific game offensively despite some decent numbers. I took too many sacks though and had two drives killed deep in Konex's territory.

David Garrard is the best Running Back on the Jaguars.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I should have some time Wednesday night after 9EST. I may have some time Friday night as well. The best time to play me is in the morning on Saturday or Sunday.

DCX

DCX
Ram, we can play back to back tonight around midnight, since that seems to be the time you are ready to play.

DCX

Ramirez

DCX said:
Ram, we can play back to back tonight around midnight, since that seems to be the time you are ready to play.

DCX

I'm actually free all day today, just message me on AIM, or post here, I'll try to keep an eye open.

Ramirez said:
I'm actually free all day today, just message me on AIM, or post here, I'll try to keep an eye open.

Same...anyone want to play so I can get my mind off of the election? I am nervous/anxious as all hell.

DCX

DCX
Dskillz ( ignores me sooooo much and i play with him in the NCAA league!! ), Matrix, Truelize! I'm up and ready to play some games. AIM is up and i check the threads alot so hit me up if you want to play.

DCX

Rorschach

Dolphins are a fill-in team that Wellie was filling in for. Someone else can fill in if Wellie's not available...like FMT or me! Sent Wasabi an aim message, but he hasn't responded. He's probably not available right now. Probably best to PM GQ.

Seems like the Game of the Week lived up to the hype! Looks like the Browns had to mount a pretty nice comeback to make up for their own mistakes... only to fall short. :(

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Dolphins are a fill-in team that Wellie was filling in for. Someone else can fill in if Wellie's not available...like FMT or me! Sent Wasabi an aim message, but he hasn't responded. He's probably not available right now. Probably best to PM GQ.

Seems like the Game of the Week lived up to the hype! Looks like the Browns had to mount a pretty nice comeback to make up for their own mistakes... only to fall short. :(

After watching the real D of the Steelers, it inspired my Madden Steelers D!

Miguel

LeagueDaddy said:
Week 7 St. Louis Rams vs SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS W 34-24

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

Timeout expired

/leagues/Default.asp, line 1112

I SMELL A RAT!

Rorschach

Transactions
FB Reagan Mauia – Released to Free Agents (IR)
S Corey Lynch - Released to Free Agents (IR)
HB Andre Hall – Released to Free Agents (IR)
LB Mario Haggan – Signs with Broncos
S Oliver Celestin – Released by Cardinals
TE Stephen Spach – Signs with Cardinals
LB Ali Highsmith – Released to Free Agents (IR)
LB Pago Togafau – Signs with Cardinals
T Andrew Carnahan – Signs with Chiefs
G Tre Stallings – Removed
TE John Paul Foschi – Released by Chiefs
TE Mike Merritt – Added to Chiefs
WR Kevin Robinson – Added to Chiefs
DT Antonio Johnson – Signs with Colts
CB Nick Graham – Signs with Colts
CB Joey Thomas – Signs with Dolphins
FB Lousaka Polite – Signs with Dolphins
WR Derek Hagan – Released by Dolphins
TE Jason Rader – Released by Falcons
LT Wayne Gandy – Signs with Falcons
FB David Kirtman – Released by 49ers
TE/FB Sean Ryan – Signs with 49ers
QB Erik Ainge – Released to Free Agents (IR)
K John Carney – Added to Giants
G Chris Naeole – Released to Free Agents (IR)
S Chad Nkang – Signs with Jaguars
DT Langston Moore – Released by Lions
QB Daunte Culpepper – Signs with Lions
FB Darian Barnes – Signs with Lions
S Antwain Spann – Added to Patriots
FB Jason Davis – Signs with Raiders
LB Robert Thomas – Released to Free Agents IR
LB Marquis Cooper – Signs with Raiders
CB DeAngelo Hall – Released by Raiders
CB Michael Waddell – Signs with Raiders
TE Daniel Fells – Added to Free Agents
WR Dante Hall – Released to Free Agents IR
LB David Vobora – Signs with Rams
HB Kenneth Darby – Added to Rams
HB Samkon Gado – Added to Free Agents
WR Demetrius Williams – Released to Free Agents (IR)
WR Terrance Copper – Signs with Ravens
K Garrett Hartley – Signs with Saints
K Taylor Mehlhaff – Released by Saints
P Ben Graham – Released by Saints
P Glenn Pakulak – Signs with Saints
LB Patrick Bailey – Signs with Steelers
LB Donovan Woods – Released by Steelers
DE N.D. Kalu – Released by Texans
QB Craig Nall – Signs with Texans
LB Marcus Buggs – Added to Free Agents
CB Josh Bell – Added to Free Agents
LT Matt Murphy – Added to Free Agents
QB Darrell Hackney – Added to Free Agents
LB Eric Henderson – Added to Free Agents
T Oliver Ross – Added to Free Agents
CB Mike Richardson – Added to Free Agents

Ratings up
CB Jabari Greer – Bills – 84 to 85 – Has played well and played extensively last week with McGee struggling.
HB Fred Jackson – Bills – 80 to 81 – Continues to catch passes, return kickoffs and even lead block on TD runs for Lynch.
S Bryan Scott – Bills – 72 to 77 – Has been in heavy rotation the past couple weeks for the Bills.
C Duke Preston – Bills – 76 to 77 – Has filled in for Melvin Fowler at Center for the Bills.
DT Shaun Rogers – Browns – 94 to 95 – Played a dominate game vs. the Jaguars. Racked up 9 tackles and a sack a stretch of sheer dominance when he stopped MJD at the line then blocked a kick and recovered it.
LB D’Qwell Jackson – Browns – 85 to 86 – The leading tackler for the Browns by 30 tackles with 66 on the year.
LT Donald Penn – Bucs – 82 to 84 – Did a very solid job blocking vs. DeMarcus Ware and the Cowboys.
WR Steve Breaston – Cardinals – 82 to 83 – Continued to develop and looks more and more like a #2 receiver at the very least.
CB Orlando Scandrick – Cowboys – 75 to 76 – Playing well with Mike Jenkins as the Cowboys battle injuries in the secondary.
CB Andre Goodman – Dolphins – 72 to 74 – Has been elevated to the starting lineup with a season ending injury to Michael Lehan. Made a couple plays vs. the Bills in week 8.
LB Joey Porter – Dolphins – 90 to 92 – Now leads the NFL in sacks after two more vs. the Bills. Blew past pro bowl LT Jason Peters to the inside on one of them.
WR Roddy White – Falcons – 90 to 92 – Is a certifiable monster at WR. Battled tight coverage from Asante Samuel all day on his way to two scores.
WR Matt Jones – Jaguars – 80 to 81 – Continues to lead the Jags in catches and yards. With a potential suspension looming, has 38 catches and 455 yards.
CB Darrelle Revis – Jets – 89 to 91 -
CB Chris Gamble – Panthers – 89 to 90 – 3rd on the team in tackles with 48 tackles and has 11 passes defended.
CB Ken Lucas – Panthers – 88 to 89 –Lucas has 2 INT’s and 9 passes defended on the season.
DE Chris Long – Rams – 84 to 86 – The bright spot on defense for the Rams. Starting to really come on the past several weeks.
QB Joe Flacco – Ravens – 77 to 79 – Has a bad TD to INT ratio but is completing 62% of his passes with a less than stellar group at the skill positions.
QB Jason Campbell – Redskins – 87 to 88 – Whether or not you think he is a good Quarterback or not; there is something to be said about not turning over the ball. Campbell still has 0 INT’s while some QB’s are in double digits.
WR Santana Moss- Redskins – 87 to 88 – Has had some explosive games this season, also some terrible dropped passes.
TE Billy Miller – Saints – 74 to 76 – Has picked up the extra receptions Shockey and Colston left on the field when they were injured.
RT Ray Willis – Seahawks – 72 to 78 – Has played at both tackle spots due to injuries. Has played better than the starting RT that was given an extension over the offseason.
DE Aaron Smith – Steelers – 94 to 95 – His health coincides the Steelers defensive rank. When he is in there they are #1 the past two seasons; when he is not they are above average.
S Troy Polamalu – Steelers – 97 to 98 – The best safety so far this season. Looking extremely active in coverage.
S Michael Griffin – Titans – 89 to 90 – Not suffering a sophomore slump like some of the big name second year safeties.
K Rob Bironas – Titans – 91 to 94 – 13/14 on the year in field goals after a solid season last year kicking.

Ratings Down
DE Mark Anderson – Bears – 84 to 82 – Had a great rookie season. Has done next to nothing in year 3.
S Marlon McCree – Broncos – 79 to 74 – Benched recently on one of the worst secondary’s in football.
CB Karl Paymah – Broncos – 79 to 77 – Not getting much help from the defensive line via rushing the passer or stopping the run, but still not working out as the nickel.
CB Terrence McGee – Bills – 93 to 92 – Had a rough game to say the least in his first game starting back from injury. Was a liability against Ted Ginn and Greg Camarillo.
LB Willie McGinest – Browns – 84 to 81 – A heady player who can’t get it done anymore. Last year in Cleveland or any team for that matter most likely.
DE Jacques Cesaire – Chargers – 83 to 81 – Had a good season last year rushing the passer, this year not as much.
DE Igor Olshansky – Chargers – 83 to 82 – The Chargers have already admitted he won’t be back. Not very productive in his career.
WR Marvin Harrison – Colts – 96 to 95 – Appears to have lost a step the past few weeks. Not really able to get open against a good Titans secondary or against only average DB’s in Green Bay.
QB Brad Johnson – Cowboys – 78 to 77 – Appears to no longer possess an NFL caliber arm. Bad Johnson seems appropriate.
CB Anthony Henry – Cowboys – 87 to 86 – Looks to be one of those corners QB’s find at the line of scrimmage. Doesn’t have the ability to play corner anymore. The Cowboys need to get healthy so they can put him at safety.
QB J.T. O’Sullivan – 49ers – 78 to 77 – Has now been benched after a wild ride of INT’s, poor blocking, dropped passes and fumbles. Shaun Hill might not be the answer, but he gets rid of the ball unlike Sullivan.
WR Bryant Johnson – 49ers – 82 to 79 – Has been demoted after the 49ers signed him from the Cardinals in free agency. No complaints from the Cardinals I bet.
WR Arnaz Battle – 49ers – 82 to 80 – Your basic run of the mill NFL slot receiver that should be replaced.
C Brad Meester – Jaguars – 93 to 92 – First game back from injury – meet Shaun Rogers. Rogers had a banner day vs. Meester and the rest of the Jags interior line.
WR Jerry Porter – Jaguars – 84 to 83 – Continues to be a non-factor on the Jaguars.
WR Troy Williamson – Jaguars – 78 to 75 – Has 3 catches for 17 yards on the year. Just a guy blessed with speed playing WR.
LB Vernon Gholston – Jets – 80 to 79 – A little slow to make the transition from end to OLB. Currently has 6 tackles and doesn’t seem close to cracking the starting lineup anytime soon.
FS Dwight Smith – Lions – 86 to 84 – Is injured now but when he was in there QB’s were still putting up record numbers.
G Edwin Mulitalo – Lions – 79 to 75 – Has now been finally benched for Damion Cook.
LB Ernie Sims – Lions – 94 to 93 - Not the star most people were expecting currently. Still gets a lot of tackles but that’s gonna happen when your down by 21 in the 4th quarter.
LB Will Witherspoon – Rams – 92 to 91 – Having an off year in the middle for the Rams. Definitely possesses the body of an OLB.
DT Adam Carriker – Rams – 89 to 86 – Has not played up to his potential from his rookie year and is in somewhat of a sophomore slump.
RT Alex Barron – Rams – 85 to 83 – Whiffs attempting to pass block too often.
DT Sedric Ellis – Saints – 84 to 80 – Just got back from injury but has not looked like the monster he did at USC.
RT Sean Locklear – Seahawks – 86 to 84 – On the verge of being replaced at RT.
LG Chris Kemoeatu – Steelers – 81 to 79 – A mauler in the run game who doesn’t fare as well in the pass blocking game.
RT Willie Colon – Steelers – 80 to 79 – Not starting quality caliber in the NFL.
WR Limas Sweed – Steelers – 79 to 77 – Not doing a whole lot with most of the rookie WR class.

Injuries
LB John DiGiorgio – Bills – IR
HB Michael Pittman – Broncos – IR
WR Joe Jurevicius – Browns - IR
QB Damon Huard – Chiefs – IR
HB Kolby Smith – Chiefs - IR
CB Marlin Jackson – Colts - IR
CB Michael Lehan – Dolphins - IR
HB Jesse Chatman – Jets – IR
LB Shawn Crable – Patriots – IR
S Tyvon Branch – Raiders - IR
WR Drew Bennett – Rams – IR
LB Zac Diles – Texans - IR

Contracts
HB Patrick Cobbs – Dolphins – 3 years total
QB Aaron Rodgers – Packers – 7 years
K John Kasay – Panthers – 5 years (total)

Damn, they got on Tyvon Branch fast. He was just put on IR today. Yet, Merriman lives on. :rolleyes

I was gonna need Branch. :'(

lolz @ Campbell

LiveWire

Trying to get all my backdated Madden games in tonight. Wellie and I are playing now. dskillz and luke if you're around (or if they've quit their teams and someone wants to fill in) lemme know. Thanks!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Just tried to play Mig.

First game - really choppy, finally disconnects in the 1st quarter.

Second game - we play until right before halftime and them the camera just pans around forever.

Madden done pissed me off tonight.

LiveWire

Another disconnect for me and Wellie. I'll see what he wants to do, but I'm this close to returning this and NCAA while their value is up. We should have never left the 360. Great job EA!

Fifty

I won't know my schedule for Friday until late tonight, but I'll post here and try to fit it in some time. I've been been lately.... Pulling a bit of a Bryan I and saying that you'd be better off PMing me for future games if this keeps up.

DenogginizerOS

My 2 cents on connection issues:

This past weekend, I played Luke, Shawn, and Wellie. All were lag free. No disconnects and no need to pause with 1 second left to enter stats. I have had this game freeze on me offline a couple of times and I have had issues with connecting to Wellie, Luke, and Shawn in the past. No idea why this is, but I am not so sure it is the PS3's fault.

As a comparison, NHL 09 on X360 is filled with a ton of connection bugs while on the PS3, it is not nearly the case. A guy who plays on my softball team said he and his brother in Florida used to be able to connect in Madden without any problems. Now, they have a ton of drops. He is wondering if it is because he switched from Cable to DSL for his internet but he does not have any problems with Halo 3 or COD4.

So, while I agree that the league has suffered because of the many glitches this game has had connection-wise, it is no worse than the RROD problems of last year. Bottom line: Tiburon is not what they claim to be and they are continuing to disappoint more and more as the years go by.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DenogginizerOS said:
My 2 cents on connection issues:

This past weekend, I played Luke, Shawn, and Wellie. All were lag free. No disconnects and no need to pause with 1 second left to enter stats. I have had this game freeze on me offline a couple of times and I have had issues with connecting to Wellie, Luke, and Shawn in the past. No idea why this is, but I am not so sure it is the PS3's fault.

As a comparison, NHL 09 on X360 is filled with a ton of connection bugs while on the PS3, it is not nearly the case. A guy who plays on my softball team said he and his brother in Florida used to be able to connect in Madden without any problems. Now, they have a ton of drops. He is wondering if it is because he switched from Cable to DSL for his internet but he does not have any problems with Halo 3 or COD4.

So, while I agree that the league has suffered because of the many glitches this game has had connection-wise, it is no worse than the RROD problems of last year. Bottom line: Tiburon is not what they claim to be and they are continuing to disappoint more and more as the years go by.

It is really weird. In the NCAA league, I haven't had any problems. But Madden, while not terrible, has had it's issues. The same development company, so you would think if it works fine for NCAA, things would be fine for Madden as well.

Mig and I have not really had any luck in finishing a game since the game out and we live in the same freaking city!!!! Weird.

DenogginizerOS

dskillzhtown said:
It is really weird. In the NCAA league, I haven't had any problems. But Madden, while not terrible, has had it's issues. The same development company, so you would think if it works fine for NCAA, things would be fine for Madden as well.

Mig and I have not really had any luck in finishing a game since the game out and we live in the same freaking city!!!! Weird.

Christ. That sucks.

So, what do we do? I am sure some of us are sticking this out out of respect to the league and to FMT, but there is also no shortage of great games out there that the $35+ I could get for Madden in trade would greatly help with purchasing. If this damn game is going to continue to be a source of agita for so many of us, then I simply don't see the point in continuing to subject ourselves to this. Whether it is on X360 or PS3 is not really the point anymore to me; the problem is that Tiburon is failing to responsibly design netcode for this game and they continue to suffer in balancing the control of the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

Top Bottom