• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
i can take pics of the stats and send them to you. I'm still in the stats screen.

DCX

If you want to,but like I said in my above posts my season is over so I'm not sure if it really matters now and that you need to waste your time.I just get really angry when the game freezes and I vent.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
If you want to,but like I said in my above posts my season is over so I'm not sure if it really matters now and that you need to waste your time.I just get really angry when the game freezes and I vent.
k, i'll take the pics and send them later tonight.

DCX

LJ11

MWS, Wellie/Miami (someone else may want to fill in), Ramirez, I'm free right now for a game if you are.

I'm willing to spend the night finishing up as many as I can.

LJ11

MWS Natural said:
GG, you couldn't have played a better defensive game. Your offense really let you down in the 4th, only thing I kept hearing in my head was this :lol

Yeah, I fucked that up. I had two options on that first 4th Quarter pick, one if you played a Cover 2, one if it was a 3 deep shell blitz. I read 2, should have gone to Hardy, but I just don't trust his ass on corner routes because he drops everything, so I tried to squeeze it in to the back knowing the corner would jump (though sometimes you get lucky). Dumb play.

I was done after that, I stopped reading the D. You came out in a Cover 2 look, I changed to a pass in the flat thinking it may be man, you didn't play much man so no idea why I thought you would but I did, I think the corner blitzed, and I just made the wrong play. Good game man.

Anyone else?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Frank,

The Giants game doesn't start for another 35 minutes. We should have finished the second half. I know disconnects suck and all but that wasn't cool.

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
Dude, I have a few friends over, they may be gone by 10. What's the latest you can play?

Left you a PM with my IM info, just ping me there or on GAF PM later on, then!
DIVISION LEAD ON THE LINE ;b

DenogginizerOS

As of right now, I have 2 games left with LJ, 1 with Konex, and a second half with Frankman. I am scheduled to play Konex tomorrow night and possibly LJ.

DenogginizerOS said:
Frank,

The Giants game doesn't start for another 35 minutes. We should have finished the second half. I know disconnects suck and all but that wasn't cool.
I didn't even watch the game, I had to go to the hospital due to exhaustion. One second I remember typing something to you, next I wake up on the floor of my room an hour later.

CB and I played about 5-6 disjointed games to arrive at a makeshift 42-28 final result. No stats though, one more win to secure the division.

Rorschach

Jeeze, Frankman. Hope you're alright. Been up for a few days or something?

EDIT: We're supposed to enter the stats for the 1st half, right? My PS3 is still on.
You can write 'em down. You can add 'em up later.

...or, better yet, go take a nap!

Over the last three days I've slept a grand total of 7 hours due to trying to fix my relatives' failing laptop. Just woke up after a nap, I'll enter the stats in.

EDIT: shit it won't let me go to the screen. Dammit.

DenogginizerOS

The Frankman said:
Over the last three days I've slept a grand total of 7 hours due to trying to fix my relatives' failing laptop. Just woke up after a nap, I'll enter the stats in.

EDIT: shit it won't let me go to the screen. Dammit.
Get some rest. We can just record the stats from the second half we play to finish the game. Just let me know when you are feeling better. If you are that tired, in the future, just tell me and we won't play. Rest is much more important than a game of football. ;)

DenogginizerOS

LJ: I will try to be available right at 9EST if you want to go then.
Cloudy: I will see you at 10EST.

Frankman: I hope your body is well rested. Perhaps we can finish our game tomorrow night?

Shawnwhann said:
CB and I played about 5-6 disjointed games to arrive at a makeshift 42-28 final result. No stats though, one more win to secure the division.

If only I started the season with the Cardinals....=P

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cloudy said:
WTF I suck

:lol wanna know why? cause you roll out to the right and try and hit the post like 25% of the plays. the trend i notice with you is that your play calling and where you want to go with the ball seems to get predictable. change it up some more

LiveWire

I'm out. Traded my Madden and NCAA in while the value is good ($64 for the two games at EB/GameStop) and got Gears 2.

I regret having to bail. :( I'll save the vitriol on the game's bugs as they've been covered already, but in my last 6 attempts to play the game it has disconnected within 5 minutes of starting and the game, for me at least, is worthless without online play. It seems that by the time EA fixes all the online bugs the real NFL season will be long over.

Good luck to everyone else who's still in...see y'all next year.

CB3 said:
:lol wanna know why? cause you roll out to the right and try and hit the post like 25% of the plays. the trend i notice with you is that your play calling and where you want to go with the ball seems to get predictable. change it up some more

What about me?! Break my game down too! ;)

Ramirez

Why is it, that I have yet to encounter any of these bugs you guys have? My game has never frozen, and aside from those early disconnects from the camera system, I haven't been dropped. I have connection issues sure, but I fully believe that is on my side, as I have had trouble in Halo/Gears as well at times.

Kinda sad how bad the league is this year, time to take out the trash and start over, IMO.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
Kinda sad how bad the league is this year, time to take out the trash and start over, IMO.
We're almost done, mang! Some people have made a great effort to finish off and make up their games. Let's not let it go to waste! We should at least get to a point where the playoff picture is completely figured out and launch into playoffs. If people don't play their games and they are in the playoff hunt, they won't be rewarded for it, of course. There are some people right now in playoff contention that don't deserve it over people just out of the bubble.

I'm not so sure we can get the amount of people for a try at a second season (which would weed out the riff-raff and move faster). I doubt we could even get 12. :\

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
We're almost done, mang! Some people have made a great effort to finish off and make up their games. Let's not let it go to waste! We should at least get to a point where the playoff picture is completely figured out and launch into playoffs. If people don't play their games and they are in the playoff hunt, they won't be rewarded for it, of course. There are some people right now in playoff contention that don't deserve it over people just out of the bubble.

I'm not so sure we can get the amount of people for a try at a second season (which would weed out the riff-raff and move faster). I doubt we could even get 12. :\

Well, to be honest, if we're not gonna be able to have a 2nd season I think I would rather trade this in towards L4D.

DenogginizerOS

Ramirez said:
If you mean take out Tiburon when you say take out the trash, I am all for it.

Rors or one of the commishes: Can you unlock Week 15 so when LJ and I play tonight, we can play both of our games? Frankman, unless you are really dying to play the second half of our game, I see no reason to belabor what appears to be a less than stellar season for both of us. However, if you want to play the second half, look for me on AIM. That is, if you are well rested now.

DenogginizerOS

I still think that this league is a lot of fun when everyone is into it. I sometimes wish we would set up mini-tournaments on a weekend where we play a single-elimination tournament and just play football rather than get bogged down with schedules and trying to synch up. I know stats and league standings are compelling and I am in no way implying that the league should be eliminated. But playing some of you in a tournament where the only stat that matters is win/loss could be a lot of fun. I would almost consider keeping my game if I knew we would try that.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
True and Wasabi - Do you want to try to play our games?

I am giving up on my game with Mig since we can't seem to ever finish a game.

While a lot of the issues we've had this year have been due to some deficiencies with the game; the issues we can control can be mitigated by better communication.

One thing I'm a big advocate of is setting some ground rules to facilitate better communication and, in turn, lessen the amount of apathy and malcontent we've been seeing over the past few weeks. Here's a few things I'd do to attempt to solve it if there were a season two...

1. Make AIM Mandatory - Given the fact AIM is on several platforms (web, mobile etc.) a lot of the scheduling and logistics issues can be sorted out there. Relying on people to check the thread everyday and watch their PM box obviously hasn't been working.

2. Weekend Consideration - The time zones have been a major barrier to getting games during the week. It is completely understandable that an east coaster would not be interested in playing a game at 11pm-12am at night during the work week. The weekends all but squash the issue as there is a fair amount of flexibility to get something scheduled and played. In essence, perhaps going to a 6 day range between games would work best to allow at least 1 weekend day.

3. Pay to Play - I've offered up this suggestion is the past, but perhaps it's time that we collect league dues to be paid to FMT via Paypal for League Daddy. Something like five bucks is small and symbolic enough to remind folks this is an investment of time and a little bit of treasure. People tend to take things a little more seriously when they have a personal investment in it. Furthermore, I'm confident this would weed out the players that are either too busy or too apathetic to make it a successful season.

Just trying to offer some solutions rather than making grand generalizations and random bitching about how horrible the league is...

Miguel

dskillzhtown said:
True and Wasabi - Do you want to try to play our games?

I am giving up on my game with Mig since we can't seem to ever finish a game.
I'll just drive up to your place one weekend so we can finish it.

Top Bottom