• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

GQman2121

Banned
Is this garbage really still worth $30+ at GS?!?!?!?!

Jesus, that's some precedent considering that we're going into week 10 this weekend.

Bluemax, Ram, or DMC I can play tonight between 6 and 8. Let me know..........

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
Whether it is on X360 or PS3 is not really the point anymore to me;
NO! The 360 version fixes everything! Sure, it has all the same bugs and half-assed netcode, but it's got magic dust that makes even flakes like Zep play! Nevermind that the 360 league failed and the rebooted league has had trouble too. It's week 7 and their games played ranges from 2 to 6.

It's really about the people. There's a reason why some people managed to play 12/13 games (or more if they were doing double duty) and some people are 7/8 games behind. Many people either lost interest, were too busy, or just plain quit. That can't be helped no matter what console you're on. If they quit because of the bugs: the same bugs exist in the 360 version. If they quit because they just didn't give a shit, that's not a console issue. If they quit because of incompatible connections, then they don't remember last year when certain people couldn't connect either. Both versions of Madden are subpar in the online department this year. Both consoles have their flaws, but I'll take a "slow update" over RROD any day.

Overall, the game plays smoothly for me most of the time, but we've had more bugs as a group than any of the previous years. I think they decided that they would release an unfinished product and then just patch it. Problem is that they only had 2 patches to fix everything and they didn't do it. They didn't even fix the problems that were on the list of fixed problems.

Hopefully, they've learned their lesson for next year.

Oddly enough, the only one on my schedule I've had trouble with in terms of connection was FMT and I think it was my fault because it worked after changing some stuff around. I've also had a game freeze with the Cloudster, though. 11/13 ain't bad!

Anyway, maybe it's time to open the whole schedule or maybe even launch into playoff mode? It'll be tough because there are lots of teams on the bubble matched up against people that don't want to play, though. Whatever FMT decides.

If the league does shut down, let it be known that I did as I said and McFadden is the best back and the only one over 1000 yards rushing! All-Pro! LaMont Jordan am cry!

Even the PS2 version is still worth 20+. It's odd...

At GS, you'll get $27.50 for the PS3 version. 26 for 360. I imagine it'll be worth something 'till playoffs.

I don't know if I can agree from my experiences, I have played nearly 60+ games on the 360 version and around 50+ on PS3 never had the lag and connection issues I have seen daily in the PS3 version (after the 1st patch). I thought it was just me but a good friend of mine just recently started playing the PS3 version and sent me a message on PSN asking did I notice the lag was worse on the PS3. People can be in fear of RROD all they want but I'm definitely sending the PS3 version back as soon as this season is over.

DMczaf

GQman2121 said:

Jesus, that's some precedent considering that we're going into week 10 this weekend.

Bluemax, Ram, or DMC I can play tonight between 6 and 8. Let me know..........

I'll be around!

Edit: And the reason I want Season 13 on 360 is so I can play the Colts without slowdown! I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE COLTS!!11

MWS Natural said:
I don't know if I can agree from my experiences, I have played nearly 60+ games on the 360 version and around 50+ on PS3 never had the lag and connection issues I have seen daily in the PS3 version (after the 1st patch). I thought it was just me but a good friend of mine just recently started playing the PS3 version and sent me a message on PSN asking did I notice the lag was worse on the PS3. People can be in fear of RROD all they want but I'm definitely sending the PS3 version back as soon as this season is over.

Suck it Rors! SUCK IT!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Suck it Rors! SUCK IT!
Oh yeah, well I had a friend of a friend who said that one time, his grandfather's cat got cancer from a 360. True story!

Feel free to go to the 360 league, fellas. Feel free to quit this league. It's not like a give a flying fuck anymore and even if I did, I'd never try to stop you. :lol

GQman2121

Banned
GG

I was able to keep you in check for most of the game. I had that slip up when you went deep on the TD, but other than that, it was nothing but dinks and dumps.

Now if only I could get Collins to not over/under throw receivers. I knew as soon as I threw the first pick that I wouldn't be able to do anything with the ball. It wasn't for a lack of trying, but when I miss, I miss big. Six turnovers big.

DMczaf

GQman2121 said:
GG

I was able to keep you in check for most of the game. I had that slip up when you went deep on the TD, but other than that, it was nothing but dinks and dumps.

Now if only I could get Collins to not over/under throw receivers. I knew as soon as I threw the first pick that I wouldn't be able to do anything with the ball. It wasn't for a lack of trying, but when I miss, I miss big. Six turnovers big.

Yeah, that looked like a freshman QB pass in NCAA 09. Zero control. Vince Young's one pass was even worse, I guess having that great D comes with consequences.

:lol You guys are so silly...oh there we go DC vs. the ol' Welster! Gotta love it.

Rorschach said:
Oh yeah, well I had a friend of a friend who said that one time, his grandfather's cat got cancer from a 360. True story!

Feel free to go to the 360 league, fellas. Feel free to quit this league. It's not like a give a flying fuck anymore and even if I did, I'd never try to stop you. :lol

It's nothing personal against your league, which has been great so far, it's the PS3 version that sucks. There is nothing for you to get upset or close down the league for.

Rorschach

MWS Natural said:
It's nothing personal against your league, which has been great so far, it's the PS3 version that sucks. There is nothing for you to get upset or close down the league for.
...I'm not closing the league or personally affected. I'm not in charge of the league to close it. I would have nuked it week 3 and made it a 20 team league and people like Zep would never have made the cut.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
As I have done before, i will do again:

I have free time this Sunday (EST) to play some of my games. IM me or PM me if you need to play the JETS.

LukeSmith

Oh, DM :lol
sigh271.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol :lol @ Bob and DM

gg brother, my season now officially over :(

i thought i called a pretty good defensive game but my guys just weren't making plays on the ball. but, true to the games credit, neither were yours! both defenses were letting passes sail right by them, or not going for picks, so it all evened out i suppose.

at least shaun hill is having a good run! 9 TD's and 2 int's in 3 games! bonus!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg brother, my season now officially over :(

i thought i called a pretty good defensive game but my guys just weren't making plays on the ball. but, true to the games credit, neither were yours! both defenses were letting passes sail right by them, or not going for picks, so it all evened out i suppose.

at least shaun hill is having a good run! 9 TD's and 2 int's in 3 games! bonus!

I have L4D, why aren't you online!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
im so tempted to take this and 2k9 right to gamerush. fucking sports game this year suck. (well NCAA is pretty good)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
im so tempted to take this and 2k9 right to gamerush. fucking sports game this year suck. (well NCAA is pretty good)

Same,I hate both of them and just don't want to play them anymore.I can get like $30 credit for both of them right now.

Ncaa rocks though.

DCX

DCX
DCX said:
Bob, Dskill, True, Matrix, Denog, ..I can play today. Bob! you know there isn't anything on TV today so lets go! Denog, hit me up. Matrix, tonight good? True...tonight, early morn good?

DCX
um yeah.

DCX

Matrix

DCX,you around? I can play

btw how am I going to finish my games when I have two of the hardest guys to get a hold of for my last 3.One with QB sneak man and two with Miguel.

My season ends when I play DCX.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:

btw how am I going to finish my games when I have two of the hardest guys to get a hold of for my last 3.One with QB sneak man and two with Miguel.

Give me like 20 minutes.

DCX

Matrix

K see you in 20.

You're the home team.

Rorschach

Matrix said:

Those two managed to play a game yesterday, so maybe they're not that hard to reach. :p

Matrix

I'm 100% officially done with this game,so it doesn't matter to me now Rors.

My game froze again at the replay screen and I basically wasted my time getting blown the fuck out and as of now I only continue to play to type in stats.

I have no shot at the playoffs and am wasting my time in a league that doesn't even have all it's players/or people 100% committed to it.

Matrix

The Frankman said:
DM what happened? You never accepted my game invite!

Maybe his game froze....roofles!

Top Bottom