• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the "limited time offer" statement. This is cleared up on their web site:

4. It says "Limited Time Offer". When does the offer end?

You must buy Guitar Hero 5 during September (or have pre-ordered it prior to September 1st). You have until October 31st to redeem the offer.

Hmm. Well I preordered some 2 weeks back so I'm in the clear.

Ronabo

Game is good. I'll play all the way through it unlike Would Tour.

I can't wait to see what Bebedora thinks of it. She really dislikes the GH games. I'm thinking she'll like this one.

sneaky77

FerranMG said:
We really need to know more about the new guitar.

I fucking preordered the game+guitar pack in an impulse buy, despite having a working GHWT guitar (with a little bit loose strum bar), but need to know if the guitar is worth the money.

edit:
man, I just found a list of the songs that (don't) export from GHWT to GH5.
Plenty of the songs I liked the most do not export. :_(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Guitar_Hero_World_Tour

They will continue adding songs as they finalize licensing with warner and sony or so have they said

Baker

Banned
FerranMG said:
We really need to know more about the new guitar.

I fucking preordered the game+guitar pack in an impulse buy, despite having a working GHWT guitar (with a little bit loose strum bar), but need to know if the guitar is worth the money.
I bought the game solely for the new guitar so I'll give my impressions. Unfortunately, my dog won't fucking leave the needy puppy phase so I won't be able to play for another 4-5 hours.

sneaky77 said:
They will continue adding songs as they finalize licensing with warner and sony or so have they said
It's moot at this point, but...

They had to have known they were going to implement this feature the second RB2 announced the functionality. I don't get why they (seemingly) waited until the last minute to try and get everything sorted out. Especially with Smash Hits... they had to have just relicensed all those songs.

Baker said:
I bought the game solely for the new guitar so I'll give my impressions. Unfortunately, my dog won't fucking leave the needy puppy phase so I won't be able to play for another 4-5 hours.
Pics.

FerranMG

Baker said:

Thanks, I think I can wait 'til tomorrow. :D

sneaky77 said:

Great! Didn't know that. If not, I'll miss a lot Michael Jackson, Kent, the Eagles, Ozzy Osbourne...
Any chance about Metallica?

bryehn

Should have my copy in about an hour, will be playing all week on 360. Will be up for doing (lame) online achievements after 10pm or so (EST) GT: bryehn

Baker

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Stupid dog.
When he was cute.

1zvfkn9.jpg

When he first started being an asshole.

wbvuja.jpg

I'll take a pic of him not letting me play GH5 when I get home.

Xevren

I don't know why but I'm really struggling on fast hammer on sections in this game. I still hate slider notes.

Baker

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
:( I want a dog.
Get one from the pound that is 2-3 years old.

The whole puppy phase is driving me batshit crazy this time around. I could do anything when my last beagle was young. It's to the point where I can't even watch tv when this one is around though. His attention span is about three seconds and he won't do anything by himself.

Xevren said:
I don't know why but I'm really struggling on fast hammer on sections in this game. I still hate slider notes.
Noooo. Did they get rid of the loose timing? I always lamely liked that about GH games.

Ooh, inviting friends is really well done. It has an in-game menu, rather than the dashboard, and it lists everyone on your friends list, first by who's online and playing GH5, then who's online and playing anything else.

Baker

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Ooh, inviting friends is really well done. It has an in-game menu, rather than the dashboard, and it lists everyone on your friends list, first by who's online and playing GH5, then who's online and playing anything else.
Can you easily switch instruments around or are you locked in from what you're using at first?

Baker said:
Can you easily switch instruments around or are you locked in from what you're using at first?

Not sure yet. You can switch between guitar and bass quickly, but don't know what happens if you want to play drums or sing.

Also, thanks for making me not want a dog!

Baker

Banned
Since it has all that pick up and play crap now...

Can you just plug in all four instruments and have them all tied to your gamertag (Player 1) or do you still have to use one at a time?

KaYotiX

Banned
Cute dog !! Love Dogs!
Here is a pic of ours when she was a puppy, then last christmas
(not to go off topic but GH5 is way better than WT for those who are wondering)

100_0384.jpg

100_1334.jpg

Guitar Hero Smash Hits Disc Imports
(Guitar Hero Greatest Hits Disc Import in Europe),
Coming Soon for the Xbox360, PS3, and Wii

• “Caught In A Mosh” – Anthrax
• “Cult Of Personality” – Living Colour
• “Free Bird” – Lynyrd Skynyrd
• “Freya” – The Sword
• “Heart-Shaped Box” – Nirvana
• “Hey You” – The Exies
• “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” – Pat Benatar
• “I Love Rock 'N Roll” – Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
• “I Wanna Rock” – Twisted Sister
• “Message In A Bottle” – The Police
• “Miss Murder” – AFI
• “Monkey Wrench” – Foo Fighters
• “No One Knows” – Queens Of The Stone Age
• “Nothin’ But A Good Time” – Poison
• “Play With Me” – Extreme
• “Psychobilly Freakout” – Reverend Horton Heat
• “Rock And Roll All Nite” – Kiss
• “Shout At The Devil” – Mötley Crüe
• “The Trooper” – Iron Maiden
• “Woman” – Wolfmother
• “Yyz” – Rush

Baker

Banned
I went through all that trouble of taking pictures of the instruction manuals at the video store and there's no fucking Slayer on the list?

Motherfucker.

TheGreatDave said:
Guitar Hero Smash Hits Disc Imports
(Guitar Hero Greatest Hits Disc Import in Europe),
Coming Soon for the Xbox360, PS3, and Wii

• “Caught In A Mosh” – Anthrax
• “Cult Of Personality” – Living Colour
• “Free Bird” – Lynyrd Skynyrd
• “Freya” – The Sword
• “Heart-Shaped Box” – Nirvana
• “Hey You” – The Exies
• “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” – Pat Benatar
• “I Love Rock 'N Roll” – Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
• “I Wanna Rock” – Twisted Sister
• “Message In A Bottle” – The Police
• “Miss Murder” – AFI
• “Monkey Wrench” – Foo Fighters
• “No One Knows” – Queens Of The Stone Age
• “Nothin’ But A Good Time” – Poison
• “Play With Me” – Extreme
• “Psychobilly Freakout” – Reverend Horton Heat
• “Rock And Roll All Nite” – Kiss
• “Shout At The Devil” – Mötley Crüe
• “The Trooper” – Iron Maiden
• “Woman” – Wolfmother
• “Yyz” – Rush

Thank christ for that... all else is a bonus :D

Kinda suprised that Dragonforce isn't listed (yet).

Ridley327

Dragonforce is a Warner band.

That list is more or less identical with what Rodeo Clown came up with, with some songs swapped out for others. At least Raining Blood won't be around to torment another game!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Ridley327 said:
Dragonforce is a Warner band.

That list is more or less identical with what Rodeo Clown came up with, with some songs swapped out for others. At least Raining Blood won't be around to torment another game!
The glorious THUNDERSTRIKE is confined to one game. What a shame.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Shout at the Devil is Warner and Cult of Personality is Sony. Some progress, at least.

Maybe some hope that some of the rest of tracks eventually export.

The No Doubt "whammy as much as you can on Ex-Girlfriend" challenge is fucking hard as hell.

The Smash Hits list isn't too bad. Lots of those songs are up there with my favourites. Need more though.

TheGreatDave said:
The No Doubt "whammy as much as you can on Ex-Girlfriend" challenge is fucking hard as hell.

Yeah, you really almost need someone to sit next to you and constantly use the whammy while you play regularly. It's really hard on the added sustain portions.

TheGreatDave said:
So it's like the "What's Up" menu in Gears 2. All games should have that.

Xevren

TheGreatDave said:

The Smash Hits list isn't too bad. Lots of those songs are up there with my favourites. Need more though.

I hate the whammy challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom