• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkepik

Yep have GH5 next to me on my office desk, now, have to wait a couple of hours before playing it.

Oh and bought smash hits yesterday thinking I would be able to import some in it and now I read that the import is not available yet for this one :(: Guess I'll have to play it stand alone then.

Porkepik said:
Yep have GH5 next to me on my office desk, now, have to wait a couple of hours before playing it.
ditto

Oh and bought smash hits yesterday thinking I would be able to import some in it and now I read that the import is not available yet for this one :(: Guess I'll have to play it stand alone then.
the venues were pretty cool. i traded mine in today along with world tour (though i kept my manuals).

Xevren

Liking the game a lot so far, I like the career structure and the challenges. The slider notes are still kind of annoying though, but I think my guitar is dying so that could be the issue. Done with Everything and Die for Nothing is pretty damn fast, Scatterbrain is pretty crazy too.

Dave is there a cheat list anyway? The blue background for star power is driving me insane and I can't find any cheats on Scorehero anywhere...

Porkepik

Just read the manual, did not know that now you can revive failed band members, were did I miss that in the previews. Wife will be happy to save my ass again and again when I try expert+ drumming :).

For smash hits I intend to keep the game, I only started playing music game at GH3 so nearly all the content is new for me. Will probably resell GH:WT in a Trade3g1 free from EBG. Don't mind losing a few song if I can use GH5, better engine and design. Smash hits seemed better for that(GH:M engine) so that will probably be a keeper If I can import only some songs

Porkepik

Xevren said:
Liking the game a lot so far, I like the career structure and the challenges. The slider notes are still kind of annoying though, but I think my guitar is dying so that could be the issue. Done with Everything and Die for Nothing is pretty damn fast, Scatterbrain is pretty crazy too.

Dave is there a cheat list anyway? The blue background for star power is driving me insane and I can't find any cheats on Scorehero anywhere...

Check the OP xevren, I think the cheat are there at the end

Magik

GHWT export download took me AGES. People must have been hammering the shit out of the servers this morning.

I'm glad they went back and refined the character models. The men don't have obscenely large jaws and the women don't all look like they have PMS.

Porkepik

Like xevren I would like a code to remove the blue lightning for the OD, so we can hope for more codes but I would not hold my breath for one correcting the OD mess, they seemed pretty happy with the result :(

I think it's a big fail that Activision had months to get the patches ready to upload songs from GHWT and GHSH and they are not available at launch. Weak.

Reviews are embargoed til later today cause they think the reviews will suck and don't want to deter people from purchasing it. However, early scores have been positive.

Just picked it up over lunch... free guitar faceplate thanks to Gamecrazy... Sounds like it will be another love it or hate it game based on the comments here.

Cant wait to try it out.

Magik said:
GHWT export download took me AGES. People must have been hammering the shit out of the servers this morning.

I'm glad they went back and refined the character models. The men don't have obscenely large jaws and the women don't all look like they have PMS.
i am unfamiliar with this easily identifiable PMS look.

if you could share the knowledge it would do great wonders for the males of our species.

Baker

Banned
Well, it wasn't as fruitful as I imagined, but I was able to snag two PS3 Smash Hits instruction codes if anybody wants one.

They must have sold all the WT discs and I kept the 360 SH code for myself since there was only one.

Wicked Mint said:
I think it's a big fail that Activision had months to get the patches ready to upload songs from GHWT and GHSH and they are not available at launch. Weak.

Reviews are embargoed til later today cause they think the reviews will suck and don't want to deter people from purchasing it. However, early scores have been positive.
it isn't that the patches aren't ready. negotiations with publishers are holding things up.

Costanza

Banned
Baker said:
Well, it wasn't as fruitful as I imagined, but I was able to snag two PS3 Smash Hits instruction codes if anybody wants one.

They must have sold all the WT discs and I kept the 360 SH code for myself since there was only one.
I wonder if it's possible to use a PS3 code on the 360. It's not as if they're PSN/XBLA keys. Or are they?

Baker

Banned
Costanza said:
I wonder if it's possible to use a PS3 code on the 360. It's not as if they're PSN/XBLA keys. Or are they?
They were 20 digit codes so it definitely wasn't PSN format.

Costanza

Banned
well if you have no use for those I'll gladly take one to try when the export goes live. If it doesn't work I'll just pass it along to another gaffer.

Ive been on the fence on this game. I really didint like World Tour. The setlist was mostly bad and the charts werent as fun as Rock Bands (of course, of the same songs. See Living on a Prayer). Drums also werent as good and the singing part was garbage.

GH5 setlist seems cool but how much of an improvement to WT it really is. I dont want to buy the game just because of Why Bother? That would be ridiculous.

Baker

Banned
sneaky77 said:
For those that got the gamestop code for 2 songs... is just a code for 160 spacepts
Sucks. I thought they might be exclusive songs or something. I'm going to pay more than that in tax from pre-ordering with them instead of amazon.

TheExodu5

Banned
Baker said:

I'd take it if there's one available. I'm on PS3.

Xevren

TheGreatDave said:
I don't find star power distracting. And I really feared I would.

It's the color that's bothering me, I usually use that gold background cheat that's been in the last few games and it's really nice for me.

Uncle AJ

Between the 8 Gigs of Rock Band songs I already have, and now importing the stuff from GHWT, it's getting dangerously close to the time I finally have to upgrade this 20 GB hard drive...

Mo the Hawk said:
Between the 8 Gigs of Rock Band songs I already have, and now importing the stuff from GHWT, it's getting dangerously close to the time I finally have to upgrade this 20 GB hard drive...

Wow. That's the hardware equivalent of a third world country.

Magik

plagiarize said:
i am unfamiliar with this easily identifiable PMS look.

if you could share the knowledge it would do great wonders for the males of our species.

Its that angry irrational look they have.

In GHWT, no matter the angle, instrument, the women just looked mad.

Baker

Banned
Is the CAC yet another stupidly complex one? I hate those with a passion. I ended up putting gas masks on all my WT ones.

I want a bunch of options, but having to move sliders for every single fraction of the face is ridiculous if you ask me.

So GH VanHalen isn't available to pick up on the same day that GH5 is released? Eh,what a downer,its the reason I preordered in the first place.

One question though. I read the link that someone left about how to receive the game. In the fine print it stated "while supplies last." Ok,I have the preorder ticket and will have the receipt and code to send in so as I can receive GH Van Halen.

Now am I 100% guaranteed to get this,or does this "supplies last" in the fine print just another way of saying well sorry were all out but nice try anyway. I a,m not gonna be baited in just to have these guys tell me theyre all out. My preoder may be cancelled by me if this is true.

Baker

Banned
T-1000_Model3 said:
So GH VanHalen isn't available to pick up on the same day that GH5 is released? Eh,what a downer,its the reason I preordered in the first place.

One question though. I read the link that someone left about how to receive the game. In the fine print it stated "while supplies last." Ok,I have the preorder ticket and will have the receipt and code to send in so as I can receive GH Van Halen.

Now am I 100% guaranteed to get this,or does this "supplies last" in the fine print just another way of saying well sorry were all out but nice try anyway. I a,m not gonna be baited in just to have these guys tell me theyre all out. My preoder may be cancelled by me if this is true.
Well you sign up through GH's official site, so I really don't see how they could run out of stock. They'd be lying if they said they were.

Just input the code today and you shouldn't have any problems.

Baker said:
Well you sign up through GH's official site, so I really don't see how they could run out of stock. They'd be lying if they said they were.

there's one more step. you input the code, then print out the page it generates and snail mail that to them with the red sticker and a copy of your receipt. oddly it looks like you can just print out your own red sticker though, so i imagine that's just there as an idiot hurdle to minimize the copies they have to give away.

Baker said:

Guess so.:/
I mean If i do this then yes I'll pick the game up right away and give them the necessary information,but I am abit nervous with the fine print in their free GHVH campaign.

Costanza said:
ugh, why the hell do I have to mail something in now? I thought it was all automated online...
it's the rebate model. offer a good deal and know that a good percentage of the people will fuck up in applying for it, and you won't have to honour nearly as many peoples offer as a result.

be a good consumer, apply, and get it right, while helping as many other people to do the same.

Baker

Banned
plagiarize said:
there's one more step. you input the code, then print out the page it generates and snail mail that to them with the red sticker and a copy of your receipt. oddly it looks like you can just print out your own red sticker though, so i imagine that's just there as an idiot hurdle to minimize the copies they have to give away.
That's smart of them. It's that exact type of shit I'll never remember to do.

I don't give a crap about Van Halen though, I just like free shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom