• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Kurt Cobain trailer, courtesy of corporalgregg2 off of YouTube.

fyits2.jpg

So GH5's out in the US today. Hopefully we'll get an update on what's exportable and what isn't from GH:GH, and if there's anything else from GH:WT that's been added.

TheGreatDave said:
I believe it's been said Smash Hits isn't exporting today. Not that they've given a specific date.

I know, but someone posted further up that it was expected for a (at least partial) list to be posted today from scorehero.

I also hate that I have to wait just over 1.5weeks to get my new guitar :(

Fuckin' hate that simultaneous releases STILL aren't standard.

i'm getting mine this lunchtime. dunno if i'll have a chance to play today though cause my PC is borked and we were going to go out to the cinema tonight.

i'm trading in SH and WT and keeping my manuals though.

BWAH HA HA!

apparently they're going to try and license more songs later and i presume any subsequent songs will be downloadable with your license key for the same 10 cents per song.

apparently *RUMOUR ALERT* they are holding off on Smash Hits in order to license more songs.

hope so.

glaurung

Has somebody ever managed to get the wireless SingStar microphones to work with Guitar Hero Metallica (or WT, they're the same in terms of hardware compatibility I suppose)?

migulic

intheinbetween said:
i logged in, added the preorder to the basket, tried to check out and i got no warning about not being able to ship the order to Spain..

i'd like to clarify that i said 80€ because of the conversion from pounds to euros. here in Spain GH5 bundle will be 110€ with no bonuses at all

When I tried to order GH World Tour from GAME, I didn't get any warnings either, but afterwards they said they aren't able to ship the game to continental Europe. If you do manage to order GH from GAME to Europe, could you just send me a PM that it's possible now? Thanks :)

sneaky77

Rodeo Clown said:
Evidently, you have to download a 290 mb patch when you start so WT DLC will work. Awesome.

it updates the dlc to include the GH5 features like band moments and challenges i think

XShagrath

sneaky77 said:
it updates the dlc to include the GH5 features like band moments and challenges i think
Why not just have people re-download the DLC? Why take up almost 300MB on someone's HDD if they don't even have any GH:WT DLC?

HMX did this with the Police songs when they were originally labeled as "Pop" instead of "Pop Rock". All you had to do was delete and re-download the songs/pack and you were good.

EDIT: Oh wait. I just figured it out. That would make them then incompatible with GH:WT.

Foresight, Neversoft. Foresight.

XShagrath said:
Why not just have people re-download the DLC? Why take up almost 300MB on someone's HDD if they don't even have any GH:WT DLC?

HMX did this with the Police songs when they were originally labeled as "Pop" instead of "Pop Rock". All you had to do was delete and re-download the songs/pack and you were good.

EDIT: Oh wait. I just figured it out. That would make them then incompatible with GH:WT.

For what it's worth:

BB: Well, it does present technical problems. Obviously between GH3 and GH World Tour, there were huge problems because we weren't a full band game. There are big leaps and bounds there. But with GH World Tour and GH5, they're both band games, but we did a lot of upgrades. We did animation upgrades in GH5. We didn't just want to halt the code base and halt the animation system and be complacent with what we did in World Tour. We wanted to push that forward.

We also wanted to add a few gameplay elements, so we added Band Moments to the game. Every song has numerous Band Moments, where you'll see the gems, they're flaming, they're on fire, they come down, everyone in the band hits them in time. The pyro goes off, the multiplier goes up big — those are actually physically added in, though, to every song at key moments.

We wanted to do that, so we actually had to go back to all the downloadable content — I think there are 152 songs in the store right now — we had to go back and physically add those to every song. We did it for any of the songs that you'll import as well; we call it franchise compatibility. We've added features to that to get you to experience those in GH5 and not really know that they're from a different game. All the same stuff is in there. That was a considerable amount of work.

There's a small patch file that you'll have to download for the downloadable content; it patches the animation data and remaps the game to use the newer and better animations and also puts in the Band Moments and all the other stuff. So there's a small patching process, but we felt it was worth it to do that, but it is tricky. When you start doing that, you have to think about, "We can't add stuff here or there willy-nilly because it has to work with the older content." You have to think about every decision more strategically.

sneaky77

XShagrath said:

I guess if you don't have any DLC you don't have to download it since there is no need for an update

parabolee

Is the Music Store working for anyone on the Wii?

Sucks we can't even get the free download to use the DLC from World Tour!

sneaky77

parabolee said:
Is the Music Store working for anyone on the Wii?

Sucks we can't even get the free download to use the DLC from World Tour!

I dont think you can download the older WT content from the GH5 store.. i dont know if wii has a marketplace like psn or xbl that you can download it outside the game

parabolee

sneaky77 said:
I dont think you can download the older WT content from the GH5 store.. i dont know if wii has a marketplace like psn or xbl that you can download it outside the game

You misunderstand, I don't want to download WT content, I HAVE WT content and it even shows up IN THE GAME, but when you try and play those songs it says I need to download a free update that will enable WT DLC to be used in GH5. However he Music Store gives an error whenever I try to connect.

The Wii has the Wii Shopping Channel, but game content for RB and GH is not available from it, only directly from the in game shop.

sneaky77

parabolee said:
You misunderstand, I don't want to download WT content, I HAVE WT content and it even shows up IN THE GAME, but when you try and play those songs it says I need to download a free update that will enable WT DLC to be used in GH5. However he Music Store gives an error whenever I try to connect.

The Wii has the Wii Shopping Channel, but game content for RB and GH is not available from it, only directly from the in game shop.

Oh ok.. sorry for the missunderstanding

Baker

Banned
I'll probably be bored with the game within an hour tonight, so add Forensick (360) if you want to play some full band stuff.

I'm running to the video store over lunch so the first two people that I know who PM me will get whatever WT/SH codes I can snag from the manuals.

XShagrath

sneaky77 said:
I guess if you don't have any DLC you don't have to download it since there is no need for an update
Okay. A little better then. I was under the impression that this was a title update.

rcl66

Where are all the reviews..or any. It's a little suspect when the game is out and there are zero reviews online or print.

rcl66 said:
Where are all the reviews..or any. It's a little suspect when the game is out and there are zero reviews online or print.

OXM gave it a 9.5. Activision are VERY happy with this, hence it being all over their site and in their PR for the game's release!

SuperPac

rcl66 said:

Undoubtedly embargoed. Perhaps until noon today? I'd imagine they can't go much past then.

Baker

Banned
rcl66 said:
It's Guitar Hero. We're going to hate and love the same things as we always have.

Uncle AJ

Monkeylord said:
So GH5's out in the US today. Hopefully we'll get an update on what's exportable and what isn't from GH:GH, and if there's anything else from GH:WT that's been added.

Wait, is it out today, or shipping today? My only class today got canceled, so this would be a perfect day for me...

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
TheGreatDave said:
OXM gave it a 9.5. Activision are VERY happy with this, hence it being all over their site and in their PR for the game's release!
I see that the check to OXM must have cleared.

Baker

Banned
Mo the Hawk said:
Wait, is it out today, or shipping today? My only class today got canceled, so this would be a perfect day for me...
Out out. Like go to the store and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom