• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Kryten

Today's "I am an idiot moment" - realising that you're awarded cars for completing smashes, billboards, jumps and road rules. On the 360 is there an easy way to figure out which road rules you're missing?

Returners

Kryten said:
Today's "I am an idiot moment" - realising that you're awarded cars for completing smashes, billboards, jumps and road rules. On the 360 is there an easy way to figure out which road rules you're missing?

When you finish those you unlock new liveries for the cars, not actually new cars IIRC.

crispyben

Kryten said:
Press whichever button brings up the map, then select the Roads option or something to that effect. Each road will have a sign, its color tells you if you rule it time or showtime-wise, on or offline. I think.

Returners said:
When you finish those you unlock new liveries for the cars, not actually new cars IIRC.
Carbon cars are a reward for some of these :D

Wizpig

Kryten said:
you're awarded cars for completing smashes, billboards, jumps and road rules.
You kidding? :|
Anyway, i really want those 2 bikes i'm missing, but it's so boring trying to 100% the bike license compared to all the races in the normal one...

Sectus

Jtwo said:
The thing about the crash and takedown cameras that sucks for me, is that I play on MacbookPro so I have motion blur turned off. So whenever it goes into the already annoying slow motion shot, there is the added annoyance of pausing for a split second and then runs it at a lower framerate because you can't take motion blur off for those sequences.
I think the low framerate during crashes is intentional. It definitely stutters during crashes on the 360. I wish there was a toggle to make car crashes like the bike crashes, those never last more than a second or so.

Kryten said:

What? which ones?

crispyben said:
Press whichever button brings up the map, then select the Roads option or something to that effect. Each road will have a sign, its color tells you if you rule it time or showtime-wise, on or offline. I think.

Carbon cars are a reward for some of these :D
Yup. There are 6 Carbon cars. I'm still missing one.

Kryten

Rapping Granny said:
What? which ones?

Here's the list - http://www.operationburnout.com/paradise/paradise-cars

There's a Carbon reward car for

- All smashes
- All billboards
- All super jumps
- setting road rules on every road
- setting showtime road rules on every road
- completing two sets (2/3 player etc.) of freeburn challenges

At first I thought it was just a skin :) GT is "Kryten NZ" if anyone wants to try and get some challenges (although being in NZ, my timing is waay off for most of you).

And thanks CrispyBen, will give that a go.

Returners

Kryten said:
Here's the list - http://www.operationburnout.com/paradise/paradise-cars

There's a Carbon reward car for

- All smashes
- All billboards
- All super jumps
- setting road rules on every road
- setting showtime road rules on every road
- completing two sets (2/3 player etc.) of freeburn challenges

At first I thought it was just a skin :) GT is "Kryten NZ" if anyone wants to try and get some challenges (although being in NZ, my timing is waay off for most of you).

And thanks CrispyBen, will give that a go.

I did NOT know what... Now I have motivation to do all of them now.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Hey, I didn't know that! I need to go out and do all the smashes and stuff!

Anyway, yeah, this game is fucking sick. I'm up for the Wild-cats stadium meet up too, PSN ID = DMeisterJ. I'll probably be playing a little later.

Erudite

I thought the arena meet-up was tonight? Well if that's not going on anymore, I'm still willing to do one tonight.

PSN ID: Traced-Velocity

Just throw me a PM on GAF when it's starting up.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Wow, just wow. I can't believe how much fun I'm having with this game now.

When i first picked this up I could not get into it, only completed about 10 races are so then never picked it up tell the update. Now I'm 80 races away from my elite license :D If I didn't enjoy just driving around at ball breaking speeds looking for crap to stunt off of or just for the hell of it I'd likely be done.

Forza 2 & Midnight Club LA just got put on the back seat for me, safe to say Burnout Paradise is my favorite racing game of all time now.

Nikorasu

Shinjitsu said:
Wow, just wow. I can't believe how much fun I'm having with this game now.

When i first picked this up I could not get into it, only completed about 10 races are so then never picked it up tell the update. Now I'm 80 races away from my elite license :D If I didn't enjoy just driving around at ball breaking speeds looking for crap to stunt off of or just for the hell of it I'd likely be done.

Forza 2 & Midnight Club LA just got put on the back seat for me, safe to say Burnout Paradise is my favorite racing game of all time now.

I don't think any game has made the 'feel' of driving so fast you're just barely holding on to the pavement so tangible. I just find myself wasting so much time just driving laps around the city as fast as I can because it feels awesome.

UraMallas

I'll be on after Fringe. 10PM EST/9PM CST. I would like to get into that baseball stadium tonight to get the trophy so I hope a couple of you are on!

PSN: UraMallas

Pojo

Banned
UraMallas said:
I'll be on after Fringe. 10PM EST/9PM CST. I would like to get into that baseball stadium tonight to get the trophy so I hope a couple of you are on!

PSN: UraMallas
Pojosamaneo, add me. I need that damn trophy. I'll be on at 9:00 central time, just sitting in the stadium. I don't have a headset, unfortunately.

I assume you'll be the one making the game?

TeethMummy said:
I need the smugshot trophy for platinum. I dont have a USB camera. Dammit.
Any cheap Eyetoys out there? I tried ordering from Amazon and got Eye Toy Play instead, so be careful.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I'll be on whenever I'm requested. Feel free to add me if you're gonna take part, SnakeXs

Mifune

Mehmber
Nikorasu said:
I don't think any game has made the 'feel' of driving so fast you're just barely holding on to the pavement so tangible. I just find myself wasting so much time just driving laps around the city as fast as I can because it feels awesome.

Sometimes I'll lose a race and keep flying around the city for another five minutes and then look up and go, "Oh the race is already over."

This must be what smoking crack feels like.

Pojo

Banned
Added SnakeXS and uramallas. Just sittin' in the stadium now. :p Don't know how many friends you guys have, but my friends list is relatively skimpy right now. The more people we have to start a room the better, though. Nobody joins rooms with 1 player, heh.

SnakeXs

Nice. Completed. Still getting requests and stuff so I'll be in here until that stops.. if people leave. Too much fun playing bumper cars.

Rape van 4tw.

SnakeXs

No idea. Does anyone in here still need the trophy?

I couldn't keep track.

Otherwise open for requests.

So I just got the game(PSN) and I'm loving it. I never got it because I was upset about the move to a open world instead of just picking my races. Well I'm not saying I like this style more, but it's grown on me and I'm use to it. But more importantly it's still the same Burnout gameplay that I love so much.

But anyways, I have one little problem, I don't know how to save the game. Will quitting automatically save the game for me or do I have to manually save it some where because I've been looking and I can't find it and I refuse to turn off the game until I know what to do.

Pojo

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
So I just got the game and I'm loving it. I never got it because I was upset about the move to a open world instead of just picking my races. Well I'm not saying I like this style more, but it's grown on me and I'm use to it. But more importantly it's still the same Burnout gameplay that I love so much.

But anyways, I have one little problem, I don't know how to save the game. Will quitting automatically save the game for me or do I have to manually save it some where because I've been looking and I can't find it and I refuse to turn off the game until I know what to do.
It autosaves. I thought it had save/load also on the pause menu?

Oh, and did you download the update? Because if you have a save file already, I don't think you can get all the trophies unless you start a new save after the patch.

SnakeXs said:
No idea. Does anyone in here still need the trophy?

I couldn't keep track.

Otherwise open for requests.

I got into the game just after everyone else got the trophy. If anyone still needs it, there's two spots open, and I'm waiting in the arena.

I just got it today, downloaded the update and then started playing for a couple of hours. Thanks for the answer, now I can turn off my PS3.

Thanks for the help with the trophy guys. Got a few more trophies with you guys as well (this was only my third time playing Burnout online lol).

Great game!
Hope to play with you guys more soon.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Uh, did they remove the product sponsor code part? I wrote the code down to get the Carson Steel Wheels GT, and I went back, it's not there!

twinturbo2 said:
Uh, did they remove the product sponsor code part? I wrote the code down to get the Carson Steel Wheels GT, and I went back, it's not there!
Since 1.6/PSN/PC version, the Product Code was removed. It was suggested that rolling back to previous versions can work.

bune duggy said:
you and your disc-based games. First GH, now Burnout? :/

I'd buy it as a digital download, if that helps!

To be honest, I'd much rather have had a new Burnout game come out this year than the patches/bikes put in this game. I can't be the only one that would rather pay for a whole new game than just download some add-ons for an old one?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
AlphaTwo00 said:
Since 1.6/PSN/PC version, the Product Code was removed. It was suggested that rolling back to previous versions can work.
I'm not rolling it back until I get confirmation that it works. That, and I'm not sitting through another 250 MB download. They better put it back.

Top Bottom