• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

crispyben

AlphaTwo00 said:
Sadly, it's probably a bad thing, because now that it's been a year, the demo is even less reflective of what the game is.
Maybe they could do like Evolution did for MotorStorm: Pacific Rift this week and release a new demo?

Returners

They definitely could.

Either way, looks like the next issue of Qore will feature Burnout (I'm assuming Island)

Looking at their twitter feeds:

IslandPete on twitter said:
wow. the morning went fast. Delivered the final assets to Qore today...see ya Monday

Dementia

Cool, I just downloaded Burnout from PSN, and I was wondering, is there anyway to be offline in this game? I'm trying to download the KZ2 demo in the background, but every time I start up Burnout Paradise it pauses the download because it always seems to be online.

This might have been answered but I can't find it.

I have the disc version of this on the PS3. I have the opportunity to get the PSN version for free. Will my save from the disc version work for the PSN version so I don't lose any progress?
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys know where I can find the save file in the PC version?
I want to back it up.

tanod

when is my burrito
CharpyImpact said:
This might have been answered but I can't find it.

I have the disc version of this on the PS3. I have the opportunity to get the PSN version for free. Will my save from the disc version work for the PSN version so I don't lose any progress?
Thanks.

I rented the disc game and then downloaded it off of PSN. Answer is nope. Progress is gone.

The trophies you got remain intact though if you were missing the 200 gate one or something like that, the counter starts over from 0.

Now I have a question:

How do you restart? I looked in the online manual and the game never mentioned anything about how to do it either!

tanod said:
I rented the disc game and then downloaded it off of PSN. Answer is nope. Progress is gone.

The trophies you got remain intact though if you were missing the 200 gate one or something like that, the counter starts over from 0.

Now I have a question:

How do you restart? I looked in the online manual and the game never mentioned anything about how to do it either!
While ingame, press right on your d-pad.

Mar

TheGreatDave said:
Slow motion crashes are the new lack of retry.

Next, you'll want an option to make the car drive through traffic and walls, with automatic acceleration and boost and auto steering.

Seriously, how easy do you want the game to be? Why even play it? The 5 or so seconds it takes to show you your crash is the ONLY penalty for crashing in the game. If it wasn't there, what would you want? Instant respawning of your car in the world? How about instant respawning, immediately after an impact, starting at full speed and a full boost bar? Would that make you happy?

Wario64 said:
The new complaint should be a faster bootup. Skip the logos. Skip the warning message about autosaving. Skip the news page. The menu to select Paradise City, Party or store. Skip the menu for cars or bikes. Too many boot up menus!!!!

Yes. This. A thousand times this. In an era of easy to navigate games with fast drop in drop out style. Burnout Paradise is going backwards in time.

Ploid 3.0

You gotta admit, the crashes feel like loading screens sometimes. Bikes don't have loading screens during the race. They just pop out, action isn't interrupted. That's like telling people that complain about the loading between levels in half life 2, they want the game to play itself.

Mar

Ploid 3.0 said:
You gotta admit, the crashes feel like loading screens sometimes. Bikes don't have loading screens during the race. They just pop out, action isn't interrupted. That's like telling people that complain about the loading between levels in half life 2, they want the game to play itself.

The bikes don't have any single player races vs AI. They are in there as a penalty for crashing during something that should have some difficulty involved. Otherwise, they may as well remove the AI and just have a ponit A to point B timed race.

Ploid 3.0

Mar_ said:
The bikes don't have any single player races vs AI. They are in there as a penalty for crashing during something that should have some difficulty involved. Otherwise, they may as well remove the AI and just have a ponit A to point B timed race.

When I'm just riding around with no ai cars I load just as long. If that's really the reason for the long unskippable crash animations, they should at least start us from engine off or something. At least then we'll be able to do stuff.

Mar

Ploid 3.0 said:
When I'm just riding around with no ai cars I load just as long. If that's really the reason for the long unskippable crash animations, they should at least start us from engine off or something. At least then we'll be able to do stuff.

It would be inconsistent to have non-skipable slo-mo crashes during races, and then have them skipable when you aren't in a race. However, restarting you with your engine off would work just as well. But would it look as good? If you're going to be penalized in some way, you may as well watch a cool car wreck while you're waiting.

tanod said:

Thanks. I appreciate it!

Struct09 said:
Isn't it right on the dpad? Does left do the same thing?
:lol no.

also: I can confirm that the PSN 1.00 does not allow for the store code cars. Took me awhile to re-download but hey, all good in the name of science, right? Kind of figured but I just wanted to be sure.

I love the slow crashes, while they can get annoying to watch 6-7 times in a race I love watching the car react to my mistake and see how dramatic the action gets. But I can understand how this can annoy people who have owned the game all year, personally I can live with it because my mind and thoughts go from concentrate to holy shit what an epic crash! and it gives me a few seconds to prepare to start again.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Forgive me for not knowing this, but I think I'm going to buy this soon. What free DLC does the 360 version has, and does it have all the same stuff as the PS3 version?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fantastical said:
Forgive me for not knowing this, but I think I'm going to buy this soon. What free DLC does the 360 version has, and does it have all the same stuff as the PS3 version?

Both versions have the same DLC. Both same free DLC. Both same paid DLC. All the same stuff from the PS3 version except no web based news page on boot up.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Wario64 said:
Both versions have the same DLC. Both same free DLC. Both same paid DLC. All the same stuff from the PS3 version except no web based news page on boot up.
Thanks! I've been really waiting for this restart patch. :D

crispyben

Jtwo said:
Do you guys know where I can find the save file in the PC version?
I want to back it up.
Look on the operationburnout.com forums...

Stoney Mason said:
I mean the actual moves. The only one I know currently is if you hand break off a ramp your car spins.
You can also barrel roll off split ramps, take big air, take reverse air, drift...

biggkidd32 said:
So, how do you actually retry an event?
Read at least the few last pages before you post, thanks. On it's right on the D-pad, not left!

Fantastical said:
There you go.

El-Suave

Loving this game after all the patches. I've had it since launch but only now I'm really playing it. For my enjoyment the brighter barriers, signs and billboards are most important. Restart is surprisingly much less of an issue than I originally thought. It only comes in handy on Burning Routes really.

Pretty much the only thing I hate about the game now as I'm collecting online trophies is that you're totally dependent on what the session creator does - I haven't been able to get into an online Road Rage despite joining countless games that were labeled as such. There really should be a mechanic of voting the session creator off, or the responsibility to create events should shift after each event with a timer preferably.

Barso

Banned
One thing I have noticed is that PS3 version nearly always has nearly 100 rooms to join online but 360 version has about 30 to 50.
And also PS3 version seems to have more users using voice. Weird but true.
To be honest since NXE I have found less users on voice because of party chat.

edgefusion

El-Suave said:
Loving this game after all the patches. I've had it since launch but only now I'm really playing it. For my enjoyment the brighter barriers, signs and billboards are most important. Restart is surprisingly much less of an issue than I originally thought. It only comes in handy on Burning Routes really.

Pretty much the only thing I hate about the game now as I'm collecting online trophies is that you're totally dependent on what the session creator does - I haven't been able to get into an online Road Rage despite joining countless games that were labeled as such. There really should be a mechanic of voting the session creator off, or the responsibility to create events should shift after each event with a timer preferably.

You can search through open games before joining them and it tells you what the last thing they did in that room was. If it says "road rage" then you can hope you have better luck getting into a road rage match in that room. It's not perfect but hey.

Anyone have the problem of the game freezing when selecting a car after the 1.60 patch? I can select bikes just fine, but when I select a car, the game freezes. I've cleaned the disc, disconnet from PSN etc, but it dont help. Anyone have this problem?

Roxas

RiotPelaaja said:
Anyone have the problem of the game freezing when selecting a car after the 1.60 patch? I can select bikes just fine, but when I select a car, the game freezes. I've cleaned the disc, disconnet from PSN etc, but it dont help. Anyone have this problem?

yes, oddly enough i had this problem once, i took it up on the (then) Official Criterion forums and even the devs had no clue what it was. After a couple of days it just went away and everything was fine again. Very strange.

Roxas said:
yes, oddly enough i had this problem once, i took it up on the (then) Official Criterion forums and even the devs had no clue what it was. After a couple of days it just went away and everything was fine again. Very strange.
They do some server-side fixes from time to time so it's possible they figured it out and did a stealth update.

shpankey

not an idiot
RiotPelaaja said:
not this exactly, but I have definitely been having freezing problems during various things, usually loading screens. quite a few in fact.

Paradise PC is amazing.
Can't run it with that added graphical settings that they added recently, but I run everything else on highest settings and it's steady 60fps.
It's overall much cleaner and crisper and my dualshock works perfectly.

Waiting for a save game so I can just dick around in it.

DarkUSS said:
Can't you just buy one from an online shop?
apparently not amazon.uk.
*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. (See geographical restrictions.) ***
where else can I order it from that is reliable? I've never done this sort of thing before.
GAME Reward Card members get up to 250 Reward Points (worth £0.63) with this item. About Reward Card.
anyone have a Game card and want to add some points to it?

Everdred

What is everyone's opinion on Road Rage? I can't find anyone that plays it. As someone said earlier even the games that are label as it, aren't playing it. I've had this game for 2 weeks now and I haven't been able to play a single Road Rage. Is it just not fun? Does it not work? Road Rage was always my favorite mode from the previous games.

Mar

strange_booj said:
What is everyone's opinion on Road Rage? I can't find anyone that plays it. As someone said earlier even the games that are label as it, aren't playing it. I've had this game for 2 weeks now and I haven't been able to play a single Road Rage. Is it just not fun? Does it not work? Road Rage was always my favorite mode from the previous games.

Road Rage single player is the most fun mode in the game. Road Rage online is boring and kind of pointless. It's a shame they couldn't figure out a way to make it more like the single player experience. But I'm sure they play tested a billion different ways of playing it.

Top Bottom