• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

M3wThr33

Banned
Returners said:
Didn't see these posted yet:

From the Burnout network:

Pricing for the Legendary Cars:
Individual
88 Special (DeLorean) - 3.99
Manhattan Spirit (Ghostbusters) - 1.99
Cavalry Bootlegger (General Lee) - 1.99
GT Nighthawk (KITT) - 1.99

Legendary Cars Pack - 7.99
:|

Keikoku said:
Uh ? That's all ? Just a upload save feature ?
I don't think that's enough to make a superior version for me.
Just the sort of things you can or cannot do with the game. For example, a friend hopped on and started playing. The EasyDrive D-Pad icon popped up ingame and notified me, and stayed on until I accepted or declined. These were their way of working around the crappy PSN interface before in game XMB happened, but they turn to be a much much cleaner implementation than how the 360 notifies/handles friends who are online.

It's very very minor difference, and for owners of just one of the two systems, you aren't missing much. The choice is obvious only when all tie-breakers (and # of friends on each system) fails.

It's going to be a fun thread to see everyone bitch and complain about how "Criterion has lost it's way with DLC" once they started charging for it.

Returners said:
Didn't see these posted yet:

From the Burnout network:

Pricing for the Legendary Cars:
Individual
88 Special (DeLorean) - 3.99
Manhattan Spirit (Ghostbusters) - 1.99
Cavalry Bootlegger (General Lee) - 1.99
GT Nighthawk (KITT) - 1.99

Legendary Cars Pack - 7.99

Year of Paradise followed by a year of rape.

Malvolio

Love the game. Love all the free updates. Love the continued support.

However, even with all the love, I find those prices to be a bit much for me.

Oh well, can't have it all I guess.

I do enjoy how they like to release stuff at the same time on both consoles. I mean, is there a really good reason that the PS3 RB store is updated two days late if it's obvious that MS will release stuff at any time of the week?

That said, having the music available early does help me with not buying songs that I wouldn't enjoy playing so I guess there's silver lining everywhere.

Thomper

Ouch. I was expecting the total cost of the pack/bundle to be about 5 dollars, with a price of ~1,50 per individual car. Didn't think they'd go for 8 dollars. That is a bit on the pricy side. Hmm....

Well that's a disappointment. I was looking forward to buying the Legendary cars and I was most excited about the 88 Special.

Unfortunately, I can't justify paying that price and I usually don't take principled stands when it comes to DLC. If I want something I usually just buy it, if the pricing isn't obscene.

M3wThr33

Banned
bune duggy said:
I do enjoy how they like to release stuff at the same time on both consoles. I mean, is there a really good reason that the PS3 RB store is updated two days late if it's obvious that MS will release stuff at any time of the week?

That said, having the music available early does help me with not buying songs that I wouldn't enjoy playing so I guess there's silver lining everywhere.

I couldn't give less of a shit about a 2-day delay. Thursday makes more sense anyway. Prep the game before a weekend party.

Anyways, my issue is the lack of a message of the day, when clearly it works on Guitar Hero on both platforms.

aaaaaaaaand with me bitching about 360/PS3 shit and Dave bitching about DLC costs I think we just hijacked this thread.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

What was the point of releasing the Ultimate Box now, when they still have a boatload of Premium DLC which has yet to be released.

Oh, wait.

Oh.

Oh. :(

cjelly said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

What was the point of releasing the Ultimate Box now, when they still have a boatload of Premium DLC which has yet to be released.

Oh, wait.

Oh.

Oh. :(
In NA, they never did.

Canti

drmcclin said:
I think $8 is reasonable for 4 awesome looking cars...
You'll enjoy being nickel and dimed for GT5 then.

I brought the Party Pack last week but the pricing for this is definitely OTT. Are we going to see every other pack at $8? $15 for the island? Where does the madness end. >:

Doodis

Whatever happened to the airplanes in the game? I remember seeing footage and hearing about them at the same time they announced the bikes. I just picked the game up and am wondering what the deal is with the planes.

As for the legendary cars - they're cool looking, but that's definitely "pass" pricing.

will buy the cars pack. i love burnout and all the effort Crit is putting in it. how many devs are still being this supportive on their "more than a year old" games?

FightyF

Banned
Y'know I really wish now that they had an extra car in that Party pack.

I bought it to support the devs because I bought the game used for $9. But it's such a ripoff :lol The Party pack is literally useless :lol If it did something like unlock all those older Circuit City/Best Buy cars or whatever that they no longer offer, that would have been something.

°°ToMmY°° said:
how many devs are still being this supportive on their "more than a year old" games?

Well, there's a few. PGR3 had decent support (PGR4 was going to but Bizzarre Creations was bought) and Forza 2 still had new tracks and cars a long while after its release. Even EAs racers has moderate support IIRC. DLC works will with racers I guess.

And GT5:p has and will get more free updates further improving the game. Racing devs have been kind to us.

Mar

I don't really get where they are going with the paid DLC. None of it adds anything to the game. The party pack I bought to support Criterion and to get the extra achievements. But the cars are useless and I'm going to pass on them.

Maybe, if we look at it from a positive stand point. They are only asking for money for things that don't really add anything to the game. So it's completely optional. I guess that's kind of cool. But still... It just makes you feel a bit ripped off if you do buy them.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Hell no. Eight dollars for four cars? Even the LBP DLC isn't this horrible (4 for six bucks, or 2 a la carte). And the thing that really pisses me off is 4 for the DeLorean. If it was 2, then that'd be cool, but four bucks for one and two for the rest? Oh fuck no. I will be buying the island, but not all this other cra... I mean, 'Premium DLC'. As long as the island is under 20 bucks, it'll be a purchase.

Flunkie

Banned
Mar_ said:
I don't really get where they are going with the paid DLC. None of it adds anything to the game. The party pack I bought to support Criterion and to get the extra achievements. But the cars are useless and I'm going to pass on them.

Maybe, if we look at it from a positive stand point. They are only asking for money for things that don't really add anything to the game. So it's completely optional. I guess that's kind of cool. But still... It just makes you feel a bit ripped off if you do buy them.
What it adds to the game is coolness. Who doesn't want to ride around in a hover car? Especially in Paradise City!

Canti

Mar_ said:
They are only asking for money for things that don't really add anything to the game.
That's true for now, but I thought the island is now premium DLC (though I might be wrong)? Cops and Robbers too? I really don't mind paying $8 for those because they add more to the game, but for superficial content such as the movie cars the price feels less justified.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Its obvious they are trying to take advantage of the deloreans price since thats THE car everyone wanted.

Everytime i start to like criterion just alittle they go and do a big fuck you!

DMeisterJ said:
Even the LBP DLC isn't this horrible (4 for six bucks, or 2 a la carte).
You're kidding right? $5.99 for four skins... vs $7.99 for 4 cars. There's a hell of a lot more to the cars than there is to the skins.

They're both equally bad.

Mar

Flunkie said:
What it adds to the game is coolness. Who doesn't want to ride around in a hover car? Especially in Paradise City!

I'm not interested in any of those cars to be honest. I guess if they had something like The Blues Mobile, I'd buy it in an instant.

RotBot

Criterion can charge as much as they'd like for cosmetic content as far as I'm concerned. As long as they don't charge for a car that's faster and handles better than all the existing cars available for online races, I can happily ignore the car packs.

I do want to know how online will work between people who have and haven't bought the island.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Psychotext said:
You're kidding right? $5.99 for four skins... vs $7.99 for 4 cars. There's a hell of a lot more to the cars than there is to the skins.

They're both equally bad.

Meh, I guess so. I just expected a little more out of Criterion who has been really good with the updates and such. I mean, with LBP, we know/knew we're being pwned for skins and such from the beginning, but Criterion used voodoo magic and had us sopping up all the free updates, then sprung this DLC on us. We gave them a pass on the Party Pack, but there is some backlash to this. And it's not the content, it's the pricing of it. Party Pack should have been five bucks, just like the legendary cars.

edgefusion

So basically Criterion acted like a saint for a year so it wouldn't seem so bad when they started trying to scalp us on DLC pricing. I thought it was too good to be true. :/

BeeDog

The worst part is, as cjelly pointed out, why the fuck did they have to release The Ultimate Box now, when you still have to pay for all the fucking leftover DLC's? :lol It's somewhat understandable that they want ze potential monies from the new DLC, but come on, releasing a compilation (which doesn't really add much at all) before getting any good/essential premium DLC? That's moneygrubbing right there. :lol

So, is the old saying for "if you don't like it, don't buy it" doesn't apply here? Why is content like this somehow treated differently?

edgefusion

AlphaTwo00 said:
So, is the old saying for "if you don't like it, don't buy it" doesn't apply here? Why is content like this somehow treated differently?

Because everyone wants it, it just costs too much for what it is. It's not a matter of people not liking the DLC.

TheGreatDave said:
Year of Paradise followed by a year of rape.
First they lure you with some free-bees and when you start to get used to it, they take you so hard up your ass that it´s not even funny.

Seriously, $3.99 for a car, I am so close to get my first platinum trophy, but now I suddenly lost all incentive. Assholes!

Canti said:
You'll enjoy being nickel and dimed for GT5 then.

I brought the Party Pack last week but the pricing for this is definitely OTT. Are we going to see every other pack at $8? $15 for the island? Where does the madness end. >:

first off, I'm not into GT5... too technical to be fun.

But really??? nickel and dimed? After everything Criterion has given us for free? You can't be serious...

painful fart said:
First they lure you with some free-bees and when you start to get used to it, they take you so hard up your ass that it´s not even funny.

Seriously, $3.99 for a car, I am so close to get my first platinum trophy, but now I suddenly lost all incentive. Assholes!

You can get the platinum without any of the add-ons, FYI.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
This is a total rip-off. Criterion thinks by sweeping us off of our feet with their continued awesome support, we will spend $8 for car skins. Should be $5 at most. Now I am worried that once free island (which I am ok with paying for) will be $20.

painful fart said:

Yeah, not getting that platinum will show them. Stick it to the man, man!

(I understand what you're saying, it's just that you phrased it poorly)

Top Bottom