• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

TheGreatDave said:
I think I have it too. Possibly from the first time I ever did a takedown online.

This is lame. I really like the game but the achievements are a big part in pushing me to do stuff I wouldn't usually do. Now I'm just going through events and barely exploring.

I've had no problems with achievements so I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems. This is a game that's perfect for achievements. I'm sure that as you continue to complete the game, the achievements will eventually unlock.

I only have about 11 more to go. I've maxed out my 2- and 3-player challenges so I have to deal with the much tougher-to-manage 4- to 7-player challenges.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Felix Lighter said:
It really is. I've played over 30 hours already, which is absolute insanity considering I've had it for a week. I'm frighteningly addicted to this game.

89% Percentage Complete
56:53:37 Total Time Played
2,720.9 Miles Distance Driven

Me too, lol.

doogles said:
Tap right on the D-Pad, go to Road Rules, turn on Time. You're not beating the top time in the world, you're beating a developer time. Still won't be easy.

It actually is. With a decent car, you rarely have to boost for most of these as long as you don't crash. You only have to really boost on the shorter roads.

"Ruling the roads" is very easy for the most part, just time-consuming and repetitive. I actually enjoyed the time challenges, but the showtime events are ridiculously easy and monotonous.

KTallguy said:
Sounds like someone's been on the receiving end a bit too often :lol

The last few nights, I was playing games with random people (who are not the most cooperative in the first place), and I would get wrecked AT LEAST once while trying to select every damn challenge...:lol

Ploid 3.0

So what's gaf's verdict on this game? Has it passed the few days gaf test? Still love it? I like racing games (although 2 player racing games most) and I none so far (only two player wheels game is calling all cars it seems. Sad. Well or some crappy game that got bad scores or hardly got any press/hype.

I didn't like the demo for the first hour but I must have put about 4 or 5 hours just into the demo.

I just wanted to know if you can turn the DJ off in the full game as I'm really thinking about buying it but he is so annoying ><.

Wizpig

Ploid 3.0 said:
So what's gaf's verdict on this game? Has it passed the few days gaf test? Still love it? I like racing games (although 2 player racing games most) and I none so far (only two player wheels game is calling all cars it seems. Sad. Well or some crappy game that got bad scores or hardly got any press/hype.
You know, i still don't get why some forums out there say this game is shit while GAF apparently loves it.
It's undeniable this game got some ... bad things.
But it's also undeniable it's great fun.
Let's say i can't say GAF is wrong saying this is awesome, nor can i criticize other boards for saying this got a lot of weird things that don't work out that well.

Wizpig

Paranoid_Robot said:
I just wanted to know if you can turn the DJ off in the full game as I'm really thinking about buying it but he is so annoying ><.
HE? Odd, i got the italian version and there's a female DJ.
Nice voice, aswell.

And, no, you can't turn that off :p

steve

Banned
Paranoid_Robot said:
I didn't like the demo for the first hour but I must have put about 4 or 5 hours just into the demo.

You barely hear the DJ, he hardly ever talks.

Some stats:

Time: 35:14:40
Percentage Complete: 66%
Distance Driven: 1,267.7 miles
Cars Owned: 66/79
Smashes: 389
Billboards: 106
Jumps: 42

Does anyone know if the online play in this game is region locked? I know you can invite anyfriend no matter from what country he is, but if you just go to freeburn online will it put you with players from the same region or just the region of the game?

Aladuf

Banned
beelzebozo said:
wow, i hate speed class cars.

Stunt cars a definetly the best, imo. But I do sometimes use speed class cars in single player for the race events because when you get multiple boost chains then it is extremely fast and none of the other racers can catch up to you (unless you crash!:lol )

Wizpig

Metalmurphy said:
Does anyone know if the online play in this game is region locked? I know you can invite anyfriend no matter from what country he is, but if you just go to freeburn online will it put you with players from the same region or just the region of the game?
I won't say it's region locked, but i get a LOT of italians in my games. And, well, since i'm italian, that makes sense.
I think the Freeburn system search for the same region as yours. If that's not possible, well, you go in a random game.

Oh, and by pressing start [i think] you can actually CHOOSE a game from the list, so i think it's not Region locked.

carlosp

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
WTF?! That's no goddamn fair. We got stuck with that douche bag "DJ Atomica". Fuck you EA!

we have the same bitch butjust change your xmb language to get the english guy if you have a ps3 :D

Wizpig said:
I won't say it's region locked, but i get a LOT of italians in my games. And, well, since i'm italian, that makes sense.
I think the Freeburn system search for the same region as yours. If that's not possible, well, you go in a random game.

Oh, and by pressing start [i think] you can actually CHOOSE a game from the list, so i think it's not Region locked.
Perfect! Thanks :)

/me imports from Canada

BPK

On the latest Crash F.M. podcast the first question dealt with the use of custom soundtracks on the ps3. Interestingly, the devs said that there is now a utility which provides for custom music but it's too "memory expansive." This begs the question why Sony released the tool at all if it wasn't practical.

So I've decided to take this time, having just achieved my beloved B License, to get all the Road Rules Time Challenges. It's quite a fine way to get to know the city well.

Also, along the beach, you'll find that Criterion employs some League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen fans. What comes after Moore? Hawley (as in "Hawley Griffen") of course.

NICE REFERENCE, LADS!

Aladuf23 said:
Stunt cars a definetly the best, imo. But I do sometimes use speed class cars in single player for the race events because when you get multiple boost chains then it is extremely fast and none of the other racers can catch up to you (unless you crash!:lol )

I've been warming up to speed class.
Only problem with them is that you pretty much have to race a nearly perfectly or you're fucked.

Phew, I raced one of the most intense races I've had yet. It was two straight shots with some pretty high ranked dudes. Almost didn't win.

steve said:
You barely hear the DJ, he hardly ever talks.

Okay, he speaks an awful lot in the demo but hopefully that's just because your starting out.

One more thing was online, is it always up to the host to start a race? Does everyone automatically go to the point or do you have to drive within a timeline to the destination? And once the host disconnects is it passed on to someone else?

Sorry for noob questions but I just wanted to find out before I probably buy it :eek:

KTallguy

Banned
Paranoid_Robot said:
Okay, he speaks an awful lot in the demo but hopefully that's just because your starting out.

One more thing was online, is it always up to the host to start a race? Does everyone automatically go to the point or do you have to drive within a timeline to the destination? And once the host disconnects is it passed on to someone else?

1. DJ shuts up most of the time, but after and before events he does talk.

2. The host must start all events, but it's fun dicking around and crashing into him while he's doing it! :lol
3. Races teleport everyone to the start, other events don't.
4. If the host disconnects everyone is dropped from the game.

Wizpig

Paranoid_Robot said:

Sorry for noob questions but I just wanted to find out before I probably buy it :eek:
The host can decide everything, AND if he starts a race everyone get automatically to the beginning of it.
If he disconnects, unfortunately, say goodbye to the team...

Pimpbaa

carlosp said:
we have the same bitch butjust change your xmb language to get the english guy if you have a ps3 :D

What? I don't want the english guy, I want that female DJ. And no I don't have the ps3.

SupahBlah

Banned
Am I the only one having issues getting online?

I can see my friends on the Easy Drive screen but when I click join a game it takes me through the EA account screen, when I click submit it says the servers are down.

Any way to fix this?

(PS3)

BeeDog

I now officially declare Doc Evils to be my nemesis in this fucking game! Well, at least you can't do a barrel roll for all the money in the world, uh huh! :lol

Had a fun game with nofi and Doc Evils (sorry dudes my microphone battery died), and then nofi left and a bunch of dunno-whos joined for some great racing action. Awesome, awesome game; haven't been addicted to something like this for a while.

EDIT: does anyone know approximately how long a charge should last for the Warhawk Jabra headset? Mine seems to deplete awfully fast.

Doc Evils

BeeDog said:
I now officially declare Doc Evils to be my nemesis in this fucking game! Well, at least you can't do a barrel roll for all the money in the world, uh huh! :lol

Had a fun game with nofi and Doc Evils (sorry dudes my microphone battery died), and then nofi left and a bunch of dunno-whos joined for some great racing action. Awesome, awesome game; haven't been addicted to something like this for a while.

EDIT: does anyone know approximately how long a charge should last for the Warhawk Jabra headset? Mine seems to deplete awfully fast.

:lol

You should ask Pharmacy what I did to him and his friends.

P.s I finally got my burnout license. :D

I just now noticed the old-school Electronic Arts logo "hidden" in the Paradise City logo! That's awesome!

24pjj93.png

Edit: I had to take a picture!
bga4ib.jpg

Wizpig

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I just now noticed the old-school Electronic Arts logo "hidden" in the Paradise City logo! That's awesome!

Edit: I had to take a picture!
I, uh, don't see it
Where is it?
Edit: ohh saw it, neat.

Sanjay

has any one got the retail Burnout Paradise ps3 version to run scaled at 1080p? could some one try this by going to the display settings on the ps3 menu and untick 720p and let me know if that works.

h3ro

This game is straight up crack.

I just spent three hours straight going straight from a A license to a Burnout license. Once I got back to the Junk Yard, it took Atomika about five minutes to introduce all the cars I just unlocked... :lol

Whats everyone's favorite car?

I've been using the Carbon Fiber X12 that you get for all the Super Jumps.

Doc Evils

h3ro said:
This game is straight up crack.

I just spent three hours straight going straight from a A license to a Burnout license. Once I got back to the Junk Yard, it took Atomika about five minutes to introduce all the cars I just unlocked... :lol

Whats everyone's favorite car?

I've been using the Carbon Fiber X12 that you get for all the Super Jumps.

Steel wheels car. Mows down everything and is fast to boot.:lol

burgerdog

Arg, that makes me mad! My steel wheels code doesn't work.

H3ro, I think you mean Paradise license? That's what comes after A, I'm 99% sure. The burnout license will be a bitch to get.

Erebus

AltogetherAndrews said:
This showtime mode that received so much shit before the game was out, that's actually pretty damn fun.

Indeed. It's completely different from the old Crash Mode but still enjoyable.

Doc Evils

burgerdog said:
Arg, that makes me mad! My steel wheels code doesn't work.

H3ro, I think you mean Paradise license? That's what comes after A, I'm 99% sure. The burnout license will be a bitch to get.

need a burnout license to use it.

the Elite license is the last one.

Gowans

Another night going to sleep late,

Great games with some gaffers again, a tonne of challenges getting crossed off the list. Far too may barrel rolls done in the old airfield tho :lol

I'm claiming Ultimate King of Burnout Stunts
Gary Whitta gets Ultimate King of Racing for his epic run on race round the world
And QVT Burnout Takedown Bastard!

good games with the rest of you guys, think Maize got a mill take downs on me too.

Loving the Track P12
now for sleeps zzz

newsguy

I tried getting online with you guys last night. I saw the usual guys but it no longer says "join online session." Does this mean the room was full? I wasn't eble to get on till about 1am.

Wow this is ridiculous, on my friends list there is about 10 ppl right now playing paradise. I hadnt seen that many ppl jump on the bandwagon for any game yet (PS3 here). Not even COD4. Anyways, logging on!

Top Bottom