• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

birdman said:
I'll only need a few minutes if I remind myself not to use a DAMN VAN to power park ever again. Why did I have to take the hard way...
Wait, you got it?
I went get some food and when i came back the game was over. I figured joker finally killed himself out of frustration at your van parking prowess and ended the session.

I kid <3

Aladuf

Banned
devilchicken said:
Wait, you got it?
I went get some food and when i came back the game was over. I figured joker finally killed himself out of frustration at your van parking prowess and ended the session.

I kid <3

lol, we were wondering where you went! once he finished Joker started another challenge and we noticed you weren't moving.

* :lol birdman is taking some shit tonight, those challenges took him forever!

h3ro

Who said anything about GT coming out this year? Polyphony is still putting out demo after demo, who knows when they'll finish GT up. No way they rush the game out to meet a deadline like they did with GT2 (remember the 100% bug?!)

I've only done like 40/350 of the online challenges, most of them being done in that 8 player GAF room we had a few nights ago, most of you guys are probably further along with those, but to those who haven't, drop me a message on PSN and we can go through a few of them. I really want that Carbon Uberschall that you get for completing two sets of online challenges...

back to dreaming about missed smash gates.... (I have two left and can't find them!)

bill0527

Here's a guy I kept owning tonight in my freeburn room. I guess he should stick to cleaning his guns.

100_0931.jpg

Aladuf23 said:
lol, we were wondering where you went! once he finished Joker started another challenge and we noticed you weren't moving.

* :lol birdman is taking some shit tonight, those challenges took him forever!

Oh i did say i was gonna go afk "while birdman finishes his challenge" and that you guys could kick me if you started a new one.
Crappy bluetooth audio quality ftl :(

Sean

Banned
Argh, I need a single gate smash (399/400!) and it's somewhere in White Mountain and it's driving me bonkers trying to find it :lol

BTW is the collect 50 mugshots achievement glitched or something? I am 99% sure I've gotten way more than that (even when counting only one picture from each unique gamertag). When I check "The Lineup" it only shows 20 though because that's all it saves or something, so how is it possible to "Get 50 Snapshots in your Lineup." if it only saves 20 of them? Does anyone have this one yet?

I don't want to get caught up in another thread about the south and southern stereotypes but I believe that is a Mississippi State flag, not really a confederate flag.

JdFoX187 said:
You have to find the parking spots as well. When I found the last one, I got the two achievements.

Sorry, but what do you mean by parking spots? Are they something that would be accounted for on the discovery page?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
ZeroTolerance said:
So there is this rumor going around that BO requires a hard drive for online gaming for the Xbox 360....Can anyone of you dudes confirm diz ?

I can totally understand that being the case, it is a bit of a twat for Core owners but as long as it is clearly stated on the box then I don't see too much of a problem.

keyrat

Did anyone else notice that in the account options the game automatically has you signed up for spam from EA and their partners? It's in one of the option menus. I had to manually take it off.

Dot50Cal

Banned
keyrat said:
Did anyone else notice that in the account options the game automatically has you signed up for spam from EA and their partners? It's in one of the option menus. I had to manually take it off.

Yes, That was annoying.

What is the point of an open world where I have multiple races to choose from, if most of those races need a specific car? I just picked the game up last night and played today, and it took me 10 mins to find an even that I can actually race.

birdman

devilchicken said:
Wait, you got it?

I kid <3

You'd think so, but after I chose a car that actually could turn I got the power park in 5 minutes.

mysticstylez said:
What is the point of an open world where I have multiple races to choose from, if most of those races need a specific car? I just picked the game up last night and played today, and it took me 10 mins to find an even that I can actually race.

Blue events are races and can be completed with any vehicle. Only the orange (burning route) events are vehicle specific.

Felix Lighter said:
Blue events are races and can be completed with any vehicle. Only the orange (burning route) events are vehicle specific.

Which isn't easy to keep an eye on when you are driving so fat and avoiding traffic. Paradise begs for a GPS or "Jump to Event" option

birdman

mysticstylez said:
Which isn't easy to keep an eye on when you are driving so fat and avoiding traffic. Paradise begs for a GPS or "Jump to Event" option

Funny you should mention GPS, because threre's that little NAV map in the bottom right corner of your screen that shows the roads and colored circles that correspond to a particular event. You'll never remember where all the events are if you never check the NAV.

mysticstylez said:

It should take you all of about 10 seconds to find an event. An event will take place at each and every intersection in the game, however it won't show up on your map until you find it, which only requires passing through that given intersection. As someone else mentioned, only orange events (burning routes) require a certain car and that is because if you win, you get an upgraded version of that particular car. All other events (Race, Road Rage, Marked Man and Stunt) can be done with any car although you may want to use different ones for strategic reasons (ie. Aggression for Road Rage or Stunt class for Stunt Runs).

TheGreatDave said:
Sorry, but what do you mean by parking spots? Are they something that would be accounted for on the discovery page?
parking garages, I think there are 8 of them. There's also a lot of gates in the garages so that's another reason to find them.

BeeDog

beelzebozo said:
any tips on pulling off barrel rolls? i just can't seem to quite nail it. . .

Drive with high speed with the left (or right) set of wheels hitting the raised portion of the jump, and the opposite set of wheels still firmly grounded on the lower slope. When the car is in the air, hold the left stick opposite the direction the car is rotating; that way the car will stop barrel rolling when the first roll has been finished, and will almost always let you finish the barrel roll without crashing.

Also, how the hell do you power park? Haven't even managed to do it once.

Pharmacy

Banned
BeeDog said:
Drive with high speed with the left (or right) set of wheels hitting the raised portion of the jump, and the opposite set of wheels still firmly grounded on the lower slope. When the car is in the air, hold the left stick opposite the direction the car is rotating; that way the car will stop barrel rolling when the first roll has been finished, and will almost always let you finish the barrel roll without crashing.

ohhhhhhhh YOU'RE BeeDog didnt realise you were GAF or i would have spoken

Nightz

BeeDog said:
Drive up to a place where cars are parked along the street. They will have some space in between them for you to park. Build up some speed (not too much though) driving parallel to the cars, then do a 180 turn and stop in between them. Basically it's the cool man's parallel parking. The better your parking is, the better your score.

I was able to get 100% on my first attempt in the PS3 version. :lol Been trying for days on the 360 version to get the achievement, but haven't been able to do it yet. I pulled off an awesome power park this morning, then cried when the game told me I got 99%. :(

BeeDog

Pharmacy said:
ohhhhhhhh YOU'RE BeeDog didnt realise you were GAF or i would have spoken

I didn't think I was that invisible on GAF. You hurt my feelings. :'( Also why would I refer to you as a sick person if I didn't visit this forum? :D

EDIT: thanks Nightz, gonna try it out.

h3ro

Forsete said:
Anyone else not really that bothered by there not being a retry-option?

I was for the first day or so since I didn't know the city yet.
Now, I barely notice it since either I win, or I just hit the next event where the race I lost finished.

I'm really surprised how quickly I've come to grips with knowing all the landmarks and shortcuts in the map...

steve

Banned
OatmealMu said:
Me and my baby blue cruiser are calling it a night. Much fun was had. Many middle fingers were pointed my way.

11ub5hv.gif

lol Great games last night, sorry I got disconnected and never came back, I took it as an opportunity to finally get down to single player action to unlock some cars and upgrade my license.

I got my B license and now have a nice little cavalry of vehicles to choose from for the online action. :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I am now just getting into this game after buying it and i realize i fucking hate this game. I'm suppose to take some car out and get his car, so that damn DJ chimes in, everything stops and i slam into a wall. WTF

edit: Huzzah, I beat that other driver.

steve

Banned
neojubei said:
I am now just getting into this game after buying it and i realize i fucking hate this game. I'm suppose to take some car out and get his car, so that damn DJ chimes in, everything stops and i slam into a wall. WTF

You hate the game because you suck at it? Good for you.

Play it for more than 5 minutes and maybe you'll enjoy it. Just a thought...

Doc Evils

BeeDog said:
I didn't think I was that invisible on GAF. You hurt my feelings. :'( Also why would I refer to you as a sick person if I didn't visit this forum? :D

EDIT: thanks Nightz, gonna try it out.

BeeeeDAWG!

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
steve said:
You hate the game because you suck at it? Good for you.

I was getting pretty pissed off at how much I was crashing this morning. I do blame the game, the navigator is crap, the turn alert method is crap, you can't back up so if you hit a wall and are granted by the grace of god a driveaway you're almost always fucked.

But it's so fun to take peoples down.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
LOL nice Confederate flag.

Isn't that on top of Italy's flag?

Does that make him a rebel Italian or an Italian rebel?

QVT said:
I was getting pretty pissed off at how much I was crashing this morning. I do blame the game, the navigator is crap, the turn alert method is crap, you can't back up so if you hit a wall and are granted by the grace of god a driveaway you're almost always fucked.

What do any of those do to have with crashing? They might have something to do with you getting lost, but with running into things? That one is mostly your fault or the bus that blindsides you.

Oh, and btw, you can back up. Holding down brake = reverse.

Doc Evils

Magicpaint said:
The reception for this game around here is just amazing, I haven't play a Burnout game since Takedown, might buy this one, afterall.

Doing online challenges with friends that have headsets is like the best thing eva.

I think my PS3 might have gotten zapped in a storm surge here. Damned surge seems to have wiped out my supposedly real awesome battery back-up/surge protector. ]:(

And I was in the middle of the most awesome Road Rage streak too. :(

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Woo-Fu said:
What do any of those do to have with crashing? They might have something to do with you getting lost, but with running into things? That one is mostly your fault or the bus that blindsides you.

Oh, and btw, you can back up. Holding down brake = reverse.

I have to look at the navigator instead of the screen. Otherwise i get lost.

I know you can back up but it takes forfuckingever. Way too long, it should be instant.

Top Bottom