• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

steve

Banned
QVT said:
I have to look at the navigator instead of the screen. Otherwise i get lost.

I know you can back up but it takes forfuckingever. Way too long, it should be instant.

You can't just slam a vehicle into reverse if your vehicle has forward momentum, you'll drop your transmission.

If your car is stationary, it is instant.

As for looking at the navigator, I've found that the reliance on the compass lessens the more you play the game. I can't say I know the whole city perfectly yet, but I know enough that I can drive down a street and recognize a lot of what I'm seeing.

Eventually, the compass should become a luxury rather than a neccessity.

Oni Jazar

Ok last night I owned 1st Street in Showtime mode on the PS3. How do I do the time run on the same street so I can own the road completely?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I spent the day searching the city (since Class a cars - rossolini/gamestop/best buy - SUCK) for ramps and smashes. I found all the drive thrus and events now, got about 60 more smashes and a few more jumps. I didn't even realize i never spent any time in Downtown, holy shit. I found so many smashes down there. It was weird just searching, in a Burnout game, but it's fun. I wish i knew how many parking garages i have left, and where the final 60 smashes are, but oh well.

newsguy

I was playing offline last night (for some reason I can no longer join GAF matches) and I had the baddest takedown. In that bridge area where there are about 3 ramps that give you huge air (you can jump to the top of the bridge to get a billboard). Well a speed car was trying to grind me and I was like "fuck that" I push him right into that ramp and he goes flying like 30 feet up right into one of the beams. This game never ceases to entertain.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
newsguy said:
I was playing offline last night (for some reason I can no longer join GAF matches) and I had the baddest takedown. In that bridge area where there are about 3 ramps that give you huge air (you can jump to the top of the bridge to get a billboard). Well a speed car was trying to grind me and I was like "fuck that" I push him right into that ramp and he goes flying like 30 feet up right into one of the beams. This game never ceases to entertain.
i've gotten some mad vertical takedownage on that bridge.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
steve said:
You can't just slam a vehicle into reverse if your vehicle has forward momentum, you'll drop your transmission.

If your car is stationary, it is instant.

As for looking at the navigator, I've found that the reliance on the compass lessens the more you play the game. I can't say I know the whole city perfectly yet, but I know enough that I can drive down a street and recognize a lot of what I'm seeing.

Eventually, the compass should become a luxury rather than a neccessity.

And if you crash into a wall, your car doesn't just turn around and keep being drivable. It's a stupid point that it takes 5 or 6 seconds to turn around, and even longer because you can't turn while reversing.

And I'm pretty much done with the game without ever having had said luxury compass.

go to the end/beginning of a street and push "up" on the + pad. The best way to do this is to grow a third hand so you can get your speed up and boost and drift onto the road at full speed and then push up.

distrbnce

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
:lol bring it! So how do I do the time trial?

You just hit Up on the dpad 'til it's showing the best Online or Offline time. Doesn't matter, it'll count for both.

Then just race it from one end to the other.

Make it good, 'cause I'm on it when I get home.

1st St. SHOWDOWN CONFIRMED!

distrbnce

Banned
Bebpo said:
Yeah, I saw that map when it was first posted and spent an hour driving in circles around that area and found no way to get in.

What he said. :(

I predict the next guy will give the perfect answer.

btw, I rule a road right now... I forgot which one, if you find it and try to beat it, lemme know.

I think it's Hudson. My PSN is Madriiax.

Remy

Bebpo said:
Yeah, I saw that map when it was first posted and spent an hour driving in circles around that area and found no way to get in.

The entrance is towards the northeast corner, on the west side of the road running north/south along that side. There's a sign advertising the airfield and a little ramp down into it. It's a bit weird because the road is split-level there.

The potential easiest way to find it:

1) Host a freeburn online
2) Go to the challenges menu
3) Pick a challenge that involves the airfield (normally #50 is an airfield one involving a hoop jump)
4) The red dot on your map will be the entry point.

Oni Jazar

distrbnce said:
You just hit Up on the dpad 'til it's showing the best Online or Offline time. Doesn't matter, it'll count for both.

Then just race it from one end to the other.

Make it good, 'cause I'm on it when I get home.

1st St. SHOWDOWN CONFIRMED!

1st STREET IS NOW MINE BITCHES!

I GOT THE GOLD. :D

PSN ID: Jazar

I can't wait to get on and see my 10 streets have had their records broken.

To ask again, has anyone else had a problem with cars just disappearing during the showtime events?

bune duggy said:
parking garages, I think there are 8 of them. There's also a lot of gates in the garages so that's another reason to find them.

But...they're what I've been finding? I went to all 11 parking places and didn't get the achievement, nor the one for going to all drive thrus.

I'm just giving up now.

It's amazing how a demo can make you feel totally stupid about a game. I despised the Paradise demo thinking the open world made it boring and not fun at all. However once I played the retail copy today, unlocked some cars, did some more exploring and won some races, I was sold. The game fuckin rocks.

mysticstylez said:
It's amazing how a demo can make you feel totally stupid about a game. I despised the Paradise demo thinking the open world made it boring and not fun at all. However once I played the retail copy today, unlocked some cars, did some more exploring and won some races, I was sold. The game fuckin rocks.

Well, a game that is all about freedom isn't going to demo well in a closed environment. Here, you can start a road rage event in downtown and end up somewhere in the mountains, where you can then just drive to the nearest event which will in turn take you to some other part of town. It's very cool, it's something new and Criterion really pulled it off.

Paradise could have greatly benefited from a few things. A GPS system, letting you jump to an area or event through the map. The ability to switch cars if you are by a car specific event. And obviously a restart option.

newsguy

AltogetherAndrews said:
The restart doesn't bother me much, but I would like to see an option to beam straight to the nearest junkyard.

Yes please. I have only discovered 3, and the one way out in the hills is nowhere near anything.

AltogetherAndrews said:
The restart doesn't bother me much, but I would like to see an option to beam straight to the nearest junkyard.

Let me also add that they should never have that stupid Jason Nevins version of Rockstar, it's almost on every frickin EA games soundtrack. As well as the recycled Avril Levigne "Girlfriend" that was on the Burnout Dominator soundtrack.

Oni Jazar

mysticstylez said:
Let me also add that they should never have that stupid Jason Nevins version of Rockstar, it's almost on every frickin EA games soundtrack. As well as the recycled Avril Levigne "Girlfriend" that was on the Burnout Dominator soundtrack.

Disagree about Rockstar. That song is picked a lot because it's damn good while going fast.

Oni Jazar said:
Disagree about Rockstar. That song is picked a lot because it's damn good while going fast.

I wish they'd not pick any songs that dare to say "damn". it just gets me angry when they feel the need to censor a completely inoffensive word.

2rr9q2v.jpg

Hell yes.

newsguy

Bebpo said:
Wait, how do you PP? I tried a few times to do it like real life between 2 parked cars and nothing happened.

If you're gonna PP between 2 cars don't let the cops see it. I got busted for public indecency for the same thing.

newsguy said:
If you're gonna PP between 2 cars don't let the cops see it. I got busted for public indecency for the same thing.

HO HO!

Bebpo, you need to handbreak turn inbetween two cars that are close together. They don't need to be right next to each other, but not more than, say, two cars apart. And parked, obviously. It's just a matter of timing, hold the position until you get a rating.

Bebpo said:
Wait, how do you PP? I tried a few times to do it like real life between 2 parked cars and nothing happened.
the thing is you can't do it like in real life. You have to do it while moving and hit the e-brake for a 180 into the gap between cars.

if you do park like that in real life, well, I dunno what to say to that. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
adamsappel said:
That map is wrong. The airfield is on the opposite side of the bay, towards the top. There is a junkyard right beside it. As Remy said, a Freeburn session will show it precisely. I think it's Challenges #23 & #24 for 2 people (something something "Hoops").

YES.

I just did a freeburn challenge to find the airport and I wasted hours other days all because I FOLLOWED THAT STUPID WRONG MAP. Grrr...how did the map makers screw that up so much? It's nowhere near where it's circled.

Kyoufu

Done all 2 player and 3 player challenges, unlocked that sweet Carbon batmobile F1 car thingy, which is fast as hell.

Need to do 4-8 player challenges and not enough people on my list with the game :(

Add me people!

Bebpo said:

I hear birdman is like, a DEMIGOD when it comes to PP. Im sure he will dispense his serial-rapist van parking wisdom any second now...

Hey i just came home from a 12 hr shift at work. I wasn't about to let *that* one go. :lol

Top Bottom