• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Tieno

Ok, thanks Dot50!

I'm still exploring a bit, doing some events. But so far the best moment was this: I'm driving, see those lights signalling a jump, I drive full speed ahead and it's that big dam jump and just as I'm about to jump I hear "hey hey you you I don't like your girlfriend..." start blasting through my speakers.

Really cool, you can put me in the girlfriend defence force.

mileS

Still getting used to the new PS3 triggers.. Finger is kinda cramped up after doing straight driving for 2-3 hours checking out the city for the first time.

ram

bonus codes for the european version of the game (note: the codes in the op wont work with the pal game)

C-Lizenz
Micromania "H211 1Z99 LZ00 00BB"

NOTE: you have to switch the system language to french to activate this car

burnout-paradise.jpg

A-Lizenz
Gamestop Sport "B179 8M20 XA09 80FF"

Burnout Lizenz
Steel Wheel GT "Z891 4K88 IN25 79AA"

Wizpig

ram said:
C-Lizenz
Micromania "H211 1Z99 LZ00 00BB"

NOTE: you have to switch the system language to french to activate this car
No way, c'mon.
I mean, after you do that once can you reset the language to the one you want or french is needed?

ram

Wizpig said:
No way, c'mon.
I mean, after you do that once can you reset the language to the one you want or french is needed?

yes - you need to switch the language only for activating the car - and yes, i tried it and it works with my german version.

and these are only codes for the EU/PAL version of the game.

DarkKyo

Question: How many ways are there to unlock cars besides doing events and completing all jumps and billboards and such?

Just keep doing events? I just can't imagine unlocking 80 cars doing just events.

Dechaios said:
Question: How many ways are there to unlock cars besides doing events and completing all jumps and billboards and such?

Just keep doing events? I just can't imagine unlocking 80 cars doing just events.
Licenses gives you some cars. Burning Routes gives you all upgraded versions.

By doing minimal burning routes, by the time you hit A licenses, you should hit around 25 cars.

Wizpig

ram said:
yes - you need to switch the language only for activating the car - and yes, i tried it and it works with my german version.

and these are only codes for the EU/PAL version of the game.
It didn't work, i got B License and i tried the code with french language... nothing.
Edit: stupid me, i didnt put the code with the spaces, it worked, thanks!

OatmealMu said:
I just want to say that I'm the victim here. Tonight, I was ruthlessly bullied, taunted, and verbally raped. My pure soul was violated and I will never be the same.

A curse on your mother's grave.

Memory Cure FTW? Eh..? eh... But yeah, it was great playing with you guys last night.

Dechaios said:

You will unlock cars as you obtain new licenses, winning a number of events (after you shut down the new car), inputting codes for sponsored cars, completing all jumps, billboards, smashes, completing online challenges (you get a new car after completing 2 full groups and most likely one after completing them all), and you get a new version of each car after completing it's burning route (35 total).

steve

Banned
OatmealMu said:
I just want to say that I'm the victim here. Tonight, I was ruthlessly bullied, taunted, and verbally raped. My pure soul was violated and I will never be the same.

A curse on your mother's grave.

lol yeah, those were some fun games. Long live the monkeybirdman. :D

Picked this up yesterday, after being a little reticent after the demo. For some reason it clicked immediately unlike the demo. I was just driving around doing events and playing in the environment.

The no quick-restart hasn't bothered me yet, but that's because I'm not going for completion yet. I can see how it might make burning laps frustrating. In BO3 and Revenge, I would restart if I made a small mistake in the first 10 seconds. But so far I like how it doesn't break the illusion.

And this game has convinced me that I need a Live Vision camera, so I'm checking out my Toys R Us to see if that half-off deal is still going on.

It really is a beautiful game though. And I like DJ Atomika, reminds me of my glory days playing SSX3 for hours on end. Yay Burnout.

I'm very happy with the new direction.

hmm. guess that means I need to start getting online more.

got the achievement for 750 miles driven yesterday. Promptly put 100+ miles on the GameStop car after getting it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Dechaios said:

You start with 1 car.
You unlock 34 regular cars by completing events towards license progress
You unlock 35 car variants via Burning Route events
You unlock 5 carbon cars for discovery completions
You unlock 5 cars with codes(in NA, at least)

You unlock 1 carbon car for completion of two complete sets of multiplayer challenges

I am sitting at 80/81 cars. My 81st car is 18 boring showtime events away. I suspect there is one or two more cars unlockable for further completion of multiplayer challenges. I've got my fingers crossed for a carbon fiber WRT?WTR?

Elite license unlocks gold finish for cars that accept finishes.
100% singleplayer completion unlocks platinum finish for cars that accept finishes.

BeeDog

I can't get those french codes to work on my PAL version. I tried inputting them in several different ways, none worked.

ram, exactly how did you write the codes in the PS3 keyboard?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
are we supposed ot get cars for finding all the drive thrus and events? because i totally did not get one.

BTW, Class A cars STILL suck. I'm just doing showtime shit all the time now.

Tieno

it'd be great if there was some kind of online road rage race of a couple of laps at that dirt bike track. It'd be chaotic.

OatmealMu

2z4jsb8.jpg

Finally managed to break 100k without the multipliers. Once I got to the beachfront, I couldn't remember where any other major stunt points were. Oh, well.

OatmealMu

No, no. That score is with multipliers. Before getting the score you see, I had around 100k built up. I couldn't even imagine getting that score without going over a few jumps.

Dot50Cal said:
Gary, you have the 360 version right? :(
Yeah. It's times like this that I think about the different console systems in the same irritated way I think about HD-DVD vs Blu-ray. Why can't we all just play together? Why must be separated by this invisible wall between 360 and PS3? UNIFIED PLATFORM FTW!

steve

Banned
Tieno said:
it'd be great if there was some kind of online road rage race of a couple of laps at that dirt bike track. It'd be chaotic.

You can design your own races online, set up checkpoints, start and finish points, etc. You can save your creations for future use as well.

atomsk

Party Pooper
"it's showtime" is still borked for me. i gave up trying. i got the 10x one though

after getting a combined 500 takedowns, i realize the achievement is for 500 online AND 500 offline... not combined like i was hoping =(

currently ranked somewhere in the 500's, i should probably get back to the offline game now :lol

OatmealMu said:
No, no. That score is with multipliers. Before getting the score you see, I had around 100k built up. I couldn't even imagine getting that score without going over a few jumps.
ah, I see. I misread.

I think I broke your time on Watt but I'm not sure.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
atomsk said:
"it's showtime" is still borked for me. i gave up trying. i got the 10x one though

after getting a combined 500 takedowns, i realize the achievement is for 500 online AND 500 offline... not combined like i was hoping =(

currently ranked somewhere in the 500's, i should probably get back to the offline game now :lol

It is combined, or simply 500 one way or the other.

2235069867_70e294d17a.jpg

On a different note, missing 1 smash, in Harbor Town, grrrr!

atomsk

Party Pooper
it's not combined.

my online count is 141

my offline count is 366

total takedowns only takes into account the offline, just double checked. when i get online takedowns, the number you circled does not increase

OatmealMu

Ah, finally got my Elite License. It's too bad the burning routes weren't quite as intense as they are in Burnout 3. IIRC, I was essentially boosting the entire time during the F1 car burning route. I got most of the ones in Paradise on the first try.

And the first song I heard after getting the license was "Girlfriend". I do believe that's a sign of the song's greatness.

OatmealMu said:
Ah, finally got my Elite License. It's too bad the burning routes weren't quite as intense as they are in Burnout 3. IIRC, I was essentially boosting the entire time during the F1 car burning route. I got most of the ones in Paradise on the first try.

And the first song I heard after getting the license was "Girlfriend". I do believe that's a sign of the song's greatness.
I was thinking about this as well, specifically the F1 route in B3 oddly enough. I'm beating the Burning Routes by seconds (even the van one) and I still haven't gotten the F1 route in B3. I had to give up on it after awhile because I just couldn't get it.

burgerdog

Ugh, does this game ever time-out while trying to connect to the servers? Apparently they're down and the game doesn't know how to stop trying, it basically stays at the connecting to paradise city servers indefinitely. Lame.

SupahBlah

Banned
Probably already posted but Z891 4K88 IN25 79AA is the Steel Series sponsor code for the UK edition.

EDIT: As far as I'm aware this works on the EU (German etc) versions too.

Just got my Elite License. Like most suspected, no retry option really becomes frustrating when you are down to a few events but it wasn't as bad as I feared.

Damn! The gold cars look awesome.

Felix Lighter said:
Just got my Elite License. Like most suspected, no retry option really becomes frustrating when you are down to a few events but it wasn't as bad as I feared.

Yeah...I only have about 10 burning laps left until I get my Elite License. I really want to punch Alex Ward right now for not having a retry because it's frustrating doing the burning laps when some of your cars REALLY suck.

Rand al Thor 19

Just got my Elite license. All i got left to do is rule all the roads. I love the game but its just way to easy. Seriously, I remember stressing out trying to get all perfects in Revenge but this game is the complete opposite. Sure, it's a little time consuming to get your Elite license but it is in no way, shape, or form hard. Burnout has been neutered and it makes me sad.

DuckRacer

Felix Lighter said:

wat

Take pics of them or something, stat.

On another note, I'm on my A license and that Jansen P12 lives up to the hype raised here.

Aladuf

Banned
Duck said:
wat

Take pics of them or something, stat.

I don't have pix, but I was playing online with some gaffers the other night and someone had a gold car and it looked cool as hell. I'd like to see some pix though if anyone has them... to get a better look.

Rand al Thor 19 said:
Just got my Elite license. All i got left to do is rule all the roads. I love the game but its just way to easy. Seriously, I remember stressing out trying to get all perfects in Revenge but this game is the complete opposite. Sure, it's a little time consuming to get your Elite license but it is in no way, shape, or form hard. Burnout has been neutered and it makes me sad.

Damn you for having 100+ more challenges done than me :D

Rand al Thor 19

dammitmattt said:
Damn you for having 100+ more challenges done than me :D

The challenges are the hardest things to get done only because it takes a lot of people working together to do them. The worst part is getting enough people who actually want to do them and not dick around all the time. It's a good thing your a team player dammitmattt otherwise I'd still be trying to do them too :D

Top Bottom