• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Rand al Thor 19 said:
The challenges are the hardest things to get done only because it takes a lot of people working together to do them. The worst part is getting enough people who actually want to do them and not dick around all the time. It's a good thing your a team player dammitmattt otherwise I'd still be trying to do them too :D
We're gonna have to get an 8 player all-gaf group online session to get the 8 player ones out of the way, because god knows there is no way a bunch of random strangers would get that accomplished.

Aladuf

Banned
devilchicken said:
We're gonna have to get an 8 player all-gaf group online session to get the 8 player ones out of the way, because god knows there is no way a bunch of random strangers would get that accomplished.

We need this, and I want to be a part of it! I don't have as many 8 person challenges as I want.

Aladuf23 said:
We need this, and I want to be a part of it! I don't have as many 8 person challenges as I want.

Just wait til we get a 'all players must power park with a score above 95%' challenge. THEN YOU WILL WEEP.
Me, I'll just go make a sandwich because i'm sure there will be plenty of time for that.

Aladuf

Banned
devilchicken said:
Just wait til we get a 'all players must power park with a score above 95%' challenge. THEN YOU WILL WEEP.
Me, I'll just go make a sandwich because i'm sure there will be plenty of time for that.

oh god! but on the upside we could do that challenge after we've been playing for a while so while birdman is attempting to complete it, the rest of us can have an intermission.

I've played this game so much recently I'm exhausted; just not quite enough to stop playing. DAMN what an awesome game. I've gotten more achievement points from this than any other game I've played; testament to its obsessive-compulsive appeal.

Tieno

Wrecked Man in a stunt car is so good. Have to be very smart in dodging those fuckers, sometimes slowing down, doing brisk turns, using auto repairs.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Sorry to the people that invited me to play today I was downloading stuff so yeah, I was just playing normal. After alot of yelling I have arrived at they really really need to patch a freaking retry option for failed events it's getting to the point where I am yelling way to much! :D

Only 8 more till I get A class license BTW I SUCK MAJOR at Stunt events any tips!?!?!

Tieno

I have this weird problem, sometimes I don't get a HUD (no map, compas, boost meter etc). Anyone has had this before?

OatmealMu

Elbrain said:
Only 8 more till I get A class license BTW I SUCK MAJOR at Stunt events any tips!?!?!

Plan out a route that's as safe as possible and always head there. With proper drifting, you'll have enough boost to maintain a combo from anywhere on the map to your stunt route.

I personally start out on the long bridge along Paradise City's south coast. From there, hug the coast. There's a lot of billboards and airtime to be had in the area's shortcuts. Between the bridge and the stadium, it's an easy 900,000 points minimum. You can also head north from the bridge. There's a jump with a kick-up that'll get you an easy 6X multiplier with a double barrel roll.

If you want, I can show you the route online.

burgerdog

Tieno said:
I have this weird problem, sometimes I don't get a HUD (no map, compas, boost meter etc). Anyone has had this before?

Happened to me last night after I loaded the game while playing. I had to start a race for it to come back.

OatmealMu

Speaking of bugs, I came across a nasty one today.

While doing my last Road Rage event, I was taken out just outside the west exit of the north tunnel. Now, in the past the game has respawned my car in some awful places -- usually in front of an oncoming bus or into a guardrail. This time, in it's infinite wisdom, the game had somehow managed to spawn me sideways on a billboard like so:

4l0p41.jpg

The car hovered there for a few seconds before crashing and putting me one step away from failing the event. Un-fucking-believable.

Wow, "thinked"? My spelling is birdman'd tonight.

just ordered Burnout Paradise for 360, plz be free to add me to your friendlist :D
i would like to race against you GAFers.

GT: solid2snake

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I was respawned underneath a ramp once - you're not supposed to be able to get under there.

Then I started falling, everything but the car turned grey. I think I fell off the city.

Dot50Cal

Banned
burnoutfall.gif

I had to remove a lot of frames to make that a semi-reasonable size but I cant believe I survived that, look at my rear right tire when I drive away :lol

Doc Evils

StarEye said:
I was respawned underneath a ramp once - you're not supposed to be able to get under there.

Then I started falling, everything but the car turned grey. I think I fell off the city.

that happened to me too.

BeeDog

Yay, found all the billboards now and got that hot carbon fiber car, too bad I suck with speed cars.

Now off to find the last 3 jumps and 8 gates. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dot50Cal: :lol

OatmealMu said:
Speaking of bugs, I came across a nasty one today.

While doing my last Road Rage event, I was taken out just outside the west exit of the north tunnel. Now, in the past the game has respawned my car in some awful places -- usually in front of an oncoming bus or into a guardrail. This time, in it's infinite wisdom, the game had somehow managed to spawn me sideways on a billboard like so:

4l0p41.jpg

The car hovered there for a few seconds before crashing and putting me one step away from failing the event. Un-fucking-believable.

Wow, "thinked"? My spelling is birdman'd tonight.
Yeah. The spawn points are pretty bad. But, for most of the time, it works well enough not to really screw me over.

Great sketch though.:lol

Sean

Banned
Luckyman said:
Does this game still occasionally freeze for anyone on the connecting to EA servers screen?

Yeah has happened to me when attempting to host a freeburn match once.

Also happened to a buddy of mine twice so it seems to be affecting a lot of people.

Xun

Although it's one of my favourite games ever created, I am starting to hate the annoying video sequences. Thankfully they're not present online.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i've never typically liked racing games, and i think this game is absolutely freakin' amazing.

so yes, buy it. it has appeal that few other racing games do

Duck said:
wat

Take pics of them or something, stat.

On another note, I'm on my A license and that Jansen P12 lives up to the hype raised here.

Sorry about the quality. My phone is my only camera.

My personal favorite:
142hhc6.jpg

Wizpig said:
How do you connect to the EA servers? Is that on the Ps3 version?

It happens on the 360 version as well when you try and host a match. It doesn't lock up the console. The message just sits there forever like it's trying to connect but it never times out. If it happens on the 360 version the only thing I think you can do its back out to the dashboard and restart the game. It has happened to me twice.

Wizpig

Felix Lighter said:
It happens on the 360 version as well when you try and host a match. It doesn't lock up the console. The message just sits there forever like it's trying to connect but it never times out. If it happens on the 360 version the only thing I think you can do its back out to the dashboard and restart the game. It has happened to me twice.
Oh that happened to me on the Demo version.
Never happened on the retail one though.

If they want to show you those awesome (or not) slo-mo crashes, they need to stop the clock when they do it. So annoying hearing my seconds tick by as I'm stuck watching my car wreck. :/

ZmillA

Banned
What I really find impressive in this game is how they got the camera angles to work with the crashes, the .gif above really shows it well.

Sign me up.

I'm on the NeoGAF Racing friend list.

I'm END3R5G4M3

It's classic Burnout and I love, love, love it.

Shit...just the attract screen with Paradise City by GnR was worth the price of purchase alone IMO...

h3ro

Guys, lemme know when your going to have the 8 player room... I need me some carbon fiber car action...

Oh, btw, this game MUST be played with the Rez Official Soundtrack... OMG!!!

Just turn the Music down to 0 in UTH and let the Rez rip !!! (for all my PS3 homies, 360 guys can do this with out messing with anything)

Rez and Daft Punk with Burnout FTW! :D

Aladuf

Banned
bune duggy said:
If they want to show you those awesome (or not) slo-mo crashes, they need to stop the clock when they do it. So annoying hearing my seconds tick by as I'm stuck watching my car wreck. :/

ahh! I know, I was doing a lot of Burning Routes yesterday and occasionally I would crash near the end and my time would be low and I could just hear it ticking away. I wanted to fucking toss the controller.

Acosta

Felix Lighter said:

Yes, happened the same to me, tried to connect it after my first hour and half of playtime and the game stopped on that message (PS3 version here).

I received it yesterday and I like it so far, it´s my first Burnout and I love how well it´s done and how satisfactory it feels at the driving, but I think I need to play more to "get it". For example, I loved Ridge Racer 7, I felt in love in the first moment with the music, the feeling of velocity and the handle, but Burnout doesn't feels as energetic (probably, music has a big part on this. I was really turned off at hearing Lavigne shouting "I want to be your girlfriend", it felt completely unconnected of the furious battle I was having as "marksman").

Tieno

Have these maps been posted?
jl2qgo.jpg

204k9d.jpg

v80ymo.jpg

Dot50Cal said:
burnoutfall.gif

I had to remove a lot of frames to make that a semi-reasonable size but I cant believe I survived that, look at my rear right tire when I drive away :lol
Jesus, epic!

newsguy

50cal's gif is a perfect example of the cinematic angles in this game. I really think the use of angles and the timing of the cutaways in this game is some of the best I've ever seen.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
You know in Downtown Paradise

In Motorcity

There is a train station, and there is a billboard at the end of like three or four little platforms on stilts, with roofs.... how the fuck do you smash that billboard.

bune duggy said:
Uh, that's kind of the point. Wrecking costs you time, so try not to wreck.

steve

Banned
McBacon said:
You know in Downtown Paradise

In Motorcity

There is a train station, and there is a billboard at the end of like three or four little platforms on stilts, with roofs.... how the fuck do you smash that billboard.

go around the block, there's a parking garage, jump from the roof of that acroiss the street, then jump off that to smash that billboard over the traintracks.

I think that's the one you're talking about.

Top Bottom