• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Jonsoncao said:
still cant get the flatspin achievement...its like how to bash the button to make an huge spin right before the jump, i always just get a 100 degrees spin on the super jump @ lone peaks....
i saw on youtube they get a 400 degree spin here.....

help....

Hit the e-brake right before the ramp starts and just keep spinning.

daw840 said:
If anyone is on right now I would like to work on some achievements

I already have the 2 player

GT - Qbert420 (360)

I can be on later, at 10 EST. I also have all the 2P, would like to do 3P if possible.

OatmealMu

Jonsoncao said:
thanks buddy....

now i am sucked at the parallel parking....

keep practicing or is there some hints?

Use the van, preferably with a gloriously golden paint job. It's ridiculously easy to power park. In fact, you'd have to be pretty awful at the game to fail power parking with it.

OatmealMu said:
No reward for completing 350 challenges? Crapstick. :(
WTF? Nothing? Nada? No car or anything? blah.. what a letdown, of course, will still try and get them but i wont be nuts about it. Still working on the elite license.

Timan

Developer
devilchicken said:
WTF? Nothing? Nada? No car or anything? blah.. what a letdown, of course, will still try and get them but i wont be nuts about it. Still working on the elite license.

You don't even get a message saying Congrats, it just says Challenge Completed 350/350t then the game continues... biggest waste of time.

Timan said:
You don't even get a message saying Congrats, it just says Challenge Completed 350/350t then the game continues... biggest waste of time.
I really don't know how this got past, such an easy to thing to fix. Lame.

I'm one away from completion on the smashes, jumps, and billboards. aargh!

got the police car. I was trying to do all of the Marked Man challenges for my elite license with the 4X4 but I kept getting my ass handed to me less than a mile from the end of the event. Started using the police car and it's awesome. It's fast and strong so I don't get gang-raped by the 4 cars anymore. side note: 4 cars, Criterion? cars that can ram you at full speed with little to no acceleration and aren't affected by any of the physics of the world like the car I have to drive? screw you. At any rate, I only have 3 MM challenges left.

Next up, stunt runs! I was one jump away from a million points but I went too far to the right on the bridge and ended up crashing instead of landing the super jump/flat spin/air for massive damage. I want to thank the person who said to hit the quarry jump for two barrel rolls before hitting the jump over the damn for another two barrel rolls and then turning around and hitting the jump+billboard and then another super jump+air before turning around and taking off after the bridge with the two super jumps. awesome stuff. If I hadn't wrecked on that last jump I would have kept going and hit the rest of OatmealMu's run he posted, though I would add a u-turn and then running around the back side of the stadium for two more billboards and two big airs. I imagine that would put you close to 30+ multiplier.

Just got my 30G Burnout Skills achievement, the one where you have to lead an eight-player game in six of the different disciplines (oncoming, air time, flat spins, etc). That one has been a bitch to get but I finally cracked it tonight. Woot!

Echoes

burnoutlicensecaptured.jpg

Holy god. How am I supposed to win ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN events :( but it felt sooooo good getting the license. And yeah, money well-f'ing-spent.

I'm wondering how do you guys drive, using the first person camera, or the third person? I, for my self, use FPC for all the racing games, I just play awful in the TPC. Even though Burnout games are beauty to drive using the TPC but.... I couldn't.

Citizenship said:
I'm wondering how do you guys drive, using the first person camera, or the third person? I, for my self, use FPC for all the racing games, I just play awful in the TPC. Even though Burnout games are beauty to drive using the TPC but.... I couldn't.
Depends on the game really, BP is strictly TPC, regardless of the event. But on other games like Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaaacer i go for FPC. To me it feels like theres too much stuff going on around you on Paradise to play on first person.

Citizenship said:
burnoutlicensecaptured.jpg

Holy god. How am I supposed to win ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN events :( but it felt sooooo good getting the license. And yeah, money well-f'ing-spent.

117? You must be avoiding Burning Routes.

And Third Person.

birdman

OatmealMu said:
Use the van, preferably with a gloriously golden paint job. It's ridiculously easy to power park. In fact, you'd have to be pretty awful at the game to fail power parking with it.

Anything less than a 90% success in the van is grounds for epic fail.

Just got Elite. Takedown 4X4 in Gold Paint looks awesome.

One interesting thing I just noticed. The colour in the game decreases as your car gets more damaged. In Road Rage, if your car is fresh, the colour of the world is vibrant. Once you take more damage, the colour tones down, and it becomes more sepia toned.

Very nice touch.

Raw64life

I initially avoided online in favoring of completing the single player, but now I'm getting more into ti and it's a lot of fun. Even though I got DMC4 yesterday I found myself still wanting to play Burnout. I really need to get my hands on a bluetooth headset.

On the single player front, I doubt I'll ever get a Burnout Elite license. I have 68 events left. I've yet to even attempt doing either a power park or a stunt run. Also, I've been stuck at seeing 119/120 events for days now, and I've pretty much given up on actively pursuing it and am just going to pray that I eventually come across it by chance.

Aladuf

Banned
OatmealMu said:

Thats actually pretty true, my first try Power Parking with it the other day resulted in a perfect 100% Only someone truly bad at Burnout would fail constantly with it. *cough, cough*

Echoes

MaizeRage25 said:
117? You must be avoiding Burning Routes.
Pretty much :(

AlphaTwo00 said:
Just got Elite. Takedown 4X4 in Gold Paint looks awesome.
I just won it's burning route. Awesome for crushing your rivals, I just got off from a +60 takedowns event and it was really fun.

takedown4x4dirtracer.jpg

Citizenship said:
Pretty much :(

I just won it's burning route. Awesome for crushing your rivals, I just got off from a +60 takedowns event and it was really fun.

takedown4x4dirtracer.jpg
Also makes Marked Man really really easy, as long as you don't get sideswiped + T-Boned.

Kolgar

Raw64life said:
I initially avoided online in favoring of completing the single player, but now I'm getting more into ti and it's a lot of fun. Even though I got DMC4 yesterday I found myself still wanting to play Burnout. I really need to get my hands on a bluetooth headset.

On the single player front, I doubt I'll ever get a Burnout Elite license. I have 68 events left. I've yet to even attempt doing either a power park or a stunt run. Also, I've been stuck at seeing 119/120 events for days now, and I've pretty much given up on actively pursuing it and am just going to pray that I eventually come across it by chance.

I bet you'll find the missing event if you take I-88.

There's a north/south section on the map where the road splits apart just before curving to the northeast. You need to go through the toll booths on both sides, I think, to make both a red and an orange dot appear. That's the one I missed and it seems a lot of other folks miss it too.

I too am about 65 events from Elite and I haven't tried a stunt run. Kinda not looking forward to that, but hopefully I can learn some new tricks because I really want Elite.

Sean

Banned
I'm chipping away at my Elite license (41 left till 100%) and I'm starting to really miss a retry option.

The frustrating thing is all the events that make you race to the Observatory or Wind Farm. Sure it is fun to race in that area cause you can go top speed etc but there's like no other events up there to do. So once you beat a race that ends in White Mountain you've gotta drive all the way back to the city which is kinda lame.

Sean said:
I'm chipping away at my Elite license (41 left till 100%) and I'm starting to really miss a retry option.

The frustrating thing is all the events that make you race to the Observatory or Wind Farm. Sure it is fun to race in that area cause you can go top speed etc but there's like no other events up there to do. So once you beat a race that ends in White Mountain you've gotta drive all the way back to the city which is kinda lame.
I definitely won't say I missed retry, but the lack of events in that area was just a bummer. Too many times did I find out where the race ends, then pull the handbrake and just do another event. Any event, as long as it's not going up there.

It certainly requires careful planning.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sorry if already asked but is there any hint to get the burnout x10 / x20 achievement? I usually try this on I-88 with oncoming traffic but end up crashing at x4 or x5 :/

there must be an easier way

Sykra

TTP said:
Sorry if already asked but is there any hint to get the burnout x10 / x20 achievement? I usually try this on I-88 with oncoming traffic but end up crashing at x4 or x5 :/

there must be an easier way

Wildcats stadium.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sykra said:
Wildcats stadium.

Drifting all the way in cicle right? Best car to do that?

Trying with Revenge Racer now.
Edit: no luck with that. Stops at x3 or x4 for whatever reason :/
Edi2: no luck with the GT 500 either. wtf. maybe I'm missing something fundamental here. I do perfect circles while drifting and boosting simultaneously. So perfect I dont even need to touch the sticks.
Edit3: Done! Had to keep both the accellerator AND the brakes pushed down during the drifts for these to be worthy extra boost. Stupid, but oh well.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Is it me or are some of the stunt cars better for races than the speed ones? I also found the marked man and takedown levels easier now with the heavy van.

I also hate going to the left side of the map, things are too far apart and the events are more difficult due to the boring roads.

I'm getting close to my Burnout license and I think that's as far as I go, but it was fun.

Sean

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
Is it me or are some of the stunt cars better for races than the speed ones? I also found the marked man and takedown levels easier now with the heavy van.

It seems like whichever car you pick, at least one of the seven AI cars will have the exact same vehicle. (The same goes for Road Rage btw).

So IMO it doesn't really benefit you much to pick the fastest car for races. My personal car of choice is the Citizen (police car) - it's an aggression vehicle which means easy takedowns and you're able to hit traffic without wrecking most of the time. And that particular car goes really fast, has a big boost meter, and handles really well.

Has anyone got the billboard in Palm Bay Heights, on 7th St, just off Lambert pkwy? It's the last one, but I can't see how the hell I'm meant to get it.

Edit: nevermind I got it. Had to drive far enough away that by the time I got to the junction the traffic hadn't spawned fully yet.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Sean said:
It seems like whichever car you pick, at least one of the seven AI cars will have the exact same vehicle. (The same goes for Road Rage btw).

So IMO it doesn't really benefit you much to pick the fastest car for races. My personal car of choice is the Citizen (police car) - it's an aggression vehicle which means easy takedowns and you're able to hit traffic without wrecking most of the time. And that particular car goes really fast, has a big boost meter, and handles really well.
I must have gotten a defective disc... the Citizen in my copy can't corner for shit.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Sean said:
So IMO it doesn't really benefit you much to pick the fastest car for races.

It doesn't. You always have the fastest car, regardless of what you pick, so the wise player picks the vehicle he can drive the best. :)

...or you can do them like me and always use the fastest car available because you like it when things get blurry at the edges. Sure, every now and then you yell, "Bus!!!" and end up wishing for a retry button, but it is worth it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
TTP said:
Drifting all the way in cicle right? Best car to do that?

Trying with Revenge Racer now.
Edit: no luck with that. Stops at x3 or x4 for whatever reason :/
Edi2: no luck with the GT 500 either. wtf. maybe I'm missing something fundamental here. I do perfect circles while drifting and boosting simultaneously. So perfect I dont even need to touch the sticks.
Edit3: Done! Had to keep both the accellerator AND the brakes pushed down during the drifts for these to be worthy extra boost. Stupid, but oh well.

It's not stupid really, it's exploiting a game mechanic. If you drift and don't tap the breaks eventually the game considers your original drift over as far as bonus calculation is concerned. It's a cap. You don't actually have to hold the brakes down. Just tapping them once every two burnout chains or so will reset the invisible drift length counter.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kaijima said:
It's not stupid really, it's exploiting a game mechanic. If you drift and don't tap the breaks eventually the game considers your original drift over as far as bonus calculation is concerned. It's a cap. You don't actually have to hold the brakes down. Just tapping them once every two burnout chains or so will reset the invisible drift length counter.

I see. Didn't know it worked that way. I assumed you gain boost for the drifting miles. Good to know.

Thanks for the info Kaijima, I was doing the same thing as TTP (holding down the break and gas) it did feel strange doing it that way.

I'm still working on my stunt runs ;)

diddlyD

Banned
its still love and hate for me. online is a blast, i love the open layout too. gorgeous game.

but the lack of retry is just beyond unforgivable for me.

h3ro

I just realized I haven't done a single event towards my Elite license in over a week... yet I've played everyday since! :lol

Goes to show that the format of the game flat out worked IMO. I really think that this game will have legs just for that simple fact, not even counting the upcoming DLC!

12 More roads to rule before I get my Carbon Isuka GT! I wanna see if this thing really is as barrel roll happy as was mentioned earlier!

Wizpig

Odd question + some random thinking:

The question is: when do you get the credits? I mean, they are in the pause screen but you can't see 'em
That said: am i the only one who thinks this game got strange graphics?
or better said: strange COLORS. it's kinda a dark game, odd "palette" of colors, i don't know how to said, it's just odd.

Wizpig said:

The question is: when do you get the credits? I mean, they are in the pause screen but you can't see 'em
or better said: strange COLORS. it's kinda a dark game, odd "palette" of colors, i don't know how to said, it's just odd.

Everything is run through a filter. It gives everything a green hue, similar to the Matrix movies. In some events the filter becomes darker as you take damage.

Pharmacy

Banned
Wizpig said:

high contrast

it is a fucking weird in most next gen games that must stop

RE: Graphics - I hate how bright it is when you're driving West. Makes some of the events that go along the top beach-front road quite annoying as you can't see any traffic, coming or going.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Just got this from Gamefly, loving it so far. MUCH better than the demo. send me an invite if you want to play online.

PSN ID: Name_Generated

h3ro

Gary Whitta said:
I WANT SOME DLC!

I wanted to discuss this...

What are you guys looking for in terms of DLC?

I personally, would like more online modes and challenges like Marked Man online where the Host can designate a car as the marked man and the others in the room being the chasers. Perhaps you pass being the marked man from one player to the next and the winner is the person that stayed alive the longest or made it to the pre-determined destination the fastest.

Of course, I'm sure we'll get some more cars, with a slew of company sponsored logos plastered on them.

In terms of actually increasing the size of Paradise City, I wouldn't mind a giant area ala the Airfield or Quarry where we can just get together and do crazy stunts etc.

I hope that the DLC is priced properly as well. After seeing the wealth of content that Project Gotham was able to add for about $5 (400 MS Points), I think that this is a fair price for adding an area, challenges and sponsored cars.

Any other thoughts?

Top Bottom