• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Camera Equipment Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hcoregamer00 said:
I suggest getting the Canon 1Ti predecessor, the XSi. It is considered by many to be one of Canon's best cameras made in a long time because it has superb ISO for the whole range, and it doesn't have too many megapixels (since Canon seems to unnecessarily increase megapixels when they can)

The best part, it is $300 cheaper than a 1Ti :D

Chorazin said:
Well, if you're open to Nikon and don't want to spend a lot of cash for a very good camera, hit up Ebay and find a good used Nikon D40 with the 18-55 kit lens. The only bad thing about it for an amature like you or I is that it doesn't do autofocus with older Nikon lenses, but honestly, all you need for what you want to do is the camera body, the kit lens, and the 55-200 AF-S VR telephoto lens (about $200 new on Amazon) for those things you can't foot zoom for.

I love mine and so do many, many others. Check my Flickr page to see pics taken with it and either the stock lens or the 55-200 lens.

Thanks you two, that's why I love this place. The help. If I can get similar shots without dropping a G I will be very happy to do that!

Momar

aka Ryder
I'm thinking of picking up a Canon 50d body to upgrade from my Rebel XSi (which, by the way, is probably for sale, if I decide to go through with buying the 50d! Check the buy/sell/trade thread on gaming side for details ;] )

Anyhow, I wanted to know from people who made similar upgrades: what was the most noticeable upgrade? Image quality? Usability? Better high-ISO shooting? Any info is appreciated!

mrkgoo

Momar said:
I'm thinking of picking up a Canon 50d body to upgrade from my Rebel XSi (which, by the way, is probably for sale, if I decide to go through with buying the 50d! Check the buy/sell/trade thread on gaming side for details ;] )

Anyhow, I wanted to know from people who made similar upgrades: what was the most noticeable upgrade? Image quality? Usability? Better high-ISO shooting? Any info is appreciated!

Iwent from a 350D (xt) to a 40d back in the day. Biggest upgrades for me were usability (rear dial), some features (that I think even your xsi have), better lc, and better build (seriously, your xsi will feel like a toy).

Zyzyxxz

Well unless the E-PL1 has some serious flaw I think I'm gonna be an early adopter and get it next month.

Now I just need someone to buy my nikon stuff, d40 anyone?

zhenming

Zyzyxxz said:
Well unless the E-PL1 has some serious flaw I think I'm gonna be an early adopter and get it next month.

maybe the only flaws are lens range SO FAR, and high ISO. other than that it MIGHT be an upgrade to your d40. I'd have to mess with it in person to see. Check out Samy's camera to play around with it first and compare it to your d40. Entry level DSLRs still seem to be more capable than micro 4/3 to me.

Craiglist the d40 and sell to the people who are willing to buy at your price not the lowballs. :D

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Momar said:

A 50D sounds great, but there are rumors of a Canon 60D being announced soon. Why throw away such an amazing camera (your XSi) when the great 50D may get a really amazing upgrade fairly soon?

Rumors are suggesting that it will get a 7D Sensor + Video, which definitely puts it light years ahead of the 50D.

If anything, wait 2 months. If nothing is announced, just get a 50D. If something is announced, getting a 50D wont be a bad idea since they will be even cheaper :D

mrkgoo said:
Iwent from a 350D (xt) to a 40d back in the day. Biggest upgrades for me were usability (rear dial), some features (that I think even your xsi have), better lc, and better build (seriously, your xsi will feel like a toy).

I don't doubt that, I borrowed my friend's 30D one time and I loved the build quality (and the shutter sound).

I will definitely move up to an xxD body in the future.

When I upgrade from my XS, I will definitely be getting something that can shoot HD video in addition to shooting pictures. I figure this is at least 2 years away however. I still have plenty of learning and potential left to unlock in my XS. :D

Hcoregamer00

The_Inquisitor said:
When I upgrade from my XS, I will definitely be getting something that can shoot HD video in addition to shooting pictures. I figure this is at least 2 years away however. I still have plenty of learning and potential left to unlock in my XS. :D

Don't worry, I know how you feel. I just got my first L class lens (24-70L) and my first prime lens (85 f1.8). There is a whole new world to learn with these fully-featured lenses, and I believe that I haven't even touched the capabilities of my camera. Not only that, I am getting better at learning composition and getting better "art" photography.

My XSi will be by my side for a long time, but when I do, I will definitely move up a class to the xxD bodies. I wouldn't mind sticking with rebels for back up bodies, but I want to get more capable cameras for my main one.

Momar

aka Ryder
Hcoregamer00 said:
A 50D sounds great, but there are rumors of a Canon 60D being announced soon. Why throw away such an amazing camera (your XSi) when the great 50D may get a really amazing upgrade fairly soon?

Rumors are suggesting that it will get a 7D Sensor + Video, which definitely puts it light years ahead of the 50D.

If anything, wait 2 months. If nothing is announced, just get a 50D. If something is announced, getting a 50D wont be a bad idea since they will be even cheaper :D

I don't doubt that, I borrowed my friend's 30D one time and I loved the build quality (and the shutter sound).

I will definitely move up to an xxD body in the future.

Good to know! I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for info on the 60d being released. I just picked up a 17-55 2.8, so I should be OK for purchases for a little while :)

Hcoregamer00

Momar said:
Good to know! I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for info on the 60d being released. I just picked up a 17-55 2.8, so I should be OK for purchases for a little while :)

It's a win/win situation if you wait.

If a 60D is announced soon....
-You can get the 50D for a lower price since Canon wants to clear stock
-You can be the first person on NeoGAF to have a shiny new 60D

If a 60D is not announced.....
-You are happy to know that spent time and did more research on your next SLR body
-You are happy knowing that the 50D is an amazing deal at its current price of $920.

You win no matter what happens if you hold off for the next couple of months :D

Zyzyxxz

zhenming said:
maybe the only flaws are lens range SO FAR, and high ISO. other than that it MIGHT be an upgrade to your d40. I'd have to mess with it in person to see. Check out Samy's camera to play around with it first and compare it to your d40. Entry level DSLRs still seem to be more capable than micro 4/3 to me.

Craiglist the d40 and sell to the people who are willing to buy at your price not the lowballs. :D

assuming the higher ISO performance will be similar to the EP-1 and E-30 it should be acceptable or a little bit better than my D40.

Yeah lens are pretty pricey right now but I'm pretty sure its a growing market and more will come out eventually. I'll be happy with the primes that they offer for now.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
1st party m4/3rd lenses are pretty pricey but if any of you aren't opposed to manual focusing and are considering an m4/3rds camera, you'll be able to adapt pretty much any lens to the system. All you need is the correct adapter and you're good to go. These cameras have built in features that help with manual focusing too (mainly magnification on the LCD or EVF) which makes Manual Focusing much easier on these cameras than on low end DSLRs.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hcoregamer00 said:

Hmm. Any rumours of the same 7D AF module? that's one of my main reasons for wanting to get a 7D over a 40/50D.

Chorazin

I wonder if Nikon's gonna announce a D90 replacement at PMA? I'd love for that to drop in price when stock is being cleared.

Chorazin

Speaking of replacements: Canon Rebel T2i, 18 megapixels, 1080p video (24, 25 or 30fps) for just $900. Here's the press release!

THE NEW CANON REBEL T2i DIGITAL SLR TAKES ASPIRING PHOTOGRAPHERS BEYOND THE STILL WITH ADVANCED VIDEO FEATURES
The Family Camera is Back, Introducing the EOS Rebel T2i Featuring a Large 18-Megapixel
CMOS Sensor and Full HD Video Recording with Selectable Frame Rates up to 30 fps

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., February 8, 2010 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging, today introduced the new flagship model for the Company's highly popular Rebel DSLR line: the Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR camera. Today's photo enthusiast is looking for a camera that will grow with them as they learn, and that is a perfect description of the new EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR camera. Retaining all of the traditional characteristics that have made the EOS Rebel series beloved by entry-level photographers and an industry best-seller, the new Rebel T2i succeeds in bridging the gap between an entry-level camera and a true pro-sumer camera.

The Rebel T2i Digital SLR camera includes a variety of new features for photographic assignments as varied as grabbing that action shot from the sidelines or creating memorable family portraits, including: 3.7 fps shooting, an ISO range of 100-6400 (expandable to 12,800), a 63-zone Dual Layer Metering System, and Canon's DIGIC 4 Imaging Processor. There are some moments in our lives where video helps capture the moment better than a still image, and the Rebel T2i offers the best of both worlds with Full HD 1080p video as well as 18-megapixel still images. The Rebel T2i DSLR continues Canon's industry-leading trend in Full HD DSLR video capture with manual exposure control, selectable frame rates and a new external microphone input. There is also a new feature for standard definition recording, Movie Crop, which provides an approximate 7x additional zoom with no loss of image quality when shooting SD quality video.

"There is no question that HD video is the biggest trend in DSLR technology and because of this we are seeing the creativity of still photographers transferring to the moving image. Still photographers are using the various lenses and accessories they are already familiar with to create amazing video footage," stated Yuichi Ishizuka, executive vice president and general manager, Consumer Imaging Group, Canon U.S.A. "Taking that HD video quality and putting it in the hands of entry-level photographers with cameras like our new EOS Rebel T2i, we are seeing a new generation of creative digital artists emerge."

Lights, Rebel, Action – EOS HD Video
Canon's EOS HD video capture has helped spark a major movement in digital imaging, empowering still photographers with the ability to experiment, learn and capture stunning high-definition video through a variety of creative lenses. Continuing this imaging revolution, the new EOS Rebel T2i puts entry-level photographers on the frontline equipped with all the latest EOS HD video features including full HD video at 1920x1080 resolution, selectable frame rates, full manual exposure control and the visual options of interchangeable lenses. Manual video exposure control provides novice filmmakers with the image control they are accustomed to in a still camera, all while shooting professional-level cinematic video. Professional photographers utilize creative lighting, adjustable depth-of-field and a variety of lenses to create powerful still images and video footage, and these are exactly the tools that the new Rebel T2i gives to budding photo and video enthusiasts. Adding a new professional-level feature for EOS cameras, the Rebel T2i includes an Auto ISO function that works in all Creative Zone exposure modes including Manual where users can set a limit to the highest ISO the camera will use, enabling them to retain the lighting and look they desire for a scene. By setting an Auto ISO range, videographers can retain dark shadow areas and avoid blowing out highlight areas in a scene while still retaining the benefit of automatic ISO adjustments. The Rebel T2i DSLR captures video in both NTSC (National Television System Committee) and PAL (Phase Altering Line) standards at selectable frame rates including Full HD 1920 x 1080 at 30 (29.97), 25 or 24 (23.976) fps, and HD 1280 x 720 or Standard Definition 640 x 480 quality video, at 60 (59.94) or 50 fps.

For easier video recording operation and familiar functionality for beginners, the Rebel T2i's autofocus can be operated before or during video recording by pressing the shutter button half-way down in video mode. Another feature debuting in the Rebel T2i is Canon's new Movie Crop mode, where the user can achieve 7x magnification when shooting SD video for a significantly increased "telephoto" effect. Unlike the digital zoom feature found in many compact digital cameras, Canon's new Movie Crop mode actually crops the image directly from the CMOS sensor at full SD resolution to preserve maximum image quality and provide additional zoom power. The new Movie Crop feature is especially helpful for achieving extra full resolution zoom power when filming youth sports, such as a child running to the furthest end of a field. For better sound quality when shooting video, the Rebel T2i DSLR includes an external stereo microphone jack, a first for an EOS Rebel model, in addition to its built-in monaural microphone. These audio and video features supplement a tremendous range of additional must-have video features in an entry-level Digital SLR camera.

For enhanced viewing pleasure and easy video sharing at home, the HDMI video-out capability of the Rebel T2i DSLR includes a new Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) compatibility which allows users to play back still or video files on a CEC-compliant HDTV, using the TV remote to control the camera when connected via HDMI interface.

Camera Feature Set
The EOS Rebel T2i DSLR features a newly developed 18-million-pixel Canon CMOS imaging sensor providing outstanding resolution and light sensitivity for amazing poster-sized prints with fine detail and stunning color. The camera exhibits exceptional low-noise performance incorporating many of the same technologies used to reduce noise in professional cameras such as the EOS 7D. The Rebel T2i camera's basic ISO range is an amazing 100~6400, and via a Custom Function, it can be extended to ISO 12,800. The outstanding ISO range combined with its noise reduction technology allows the Rebel T2i to capture outstanding low-light pictures at events such as candlelit birthday celebrations or recitals where flash photography may be prohibited.

The camera provides 3.7 fps continuous shooting for still photos, making it the fastest shooting Rebel model to date and enabling users to capture that great image of a little leaguer's first swing. The camera features Canon's proprietary iFCL 63-zone dual-layer metering system offering intelligent Evaluative metering with much finer segmentation than any previous EOS Rebel model. The new Rebel T2i also has an expanded ± 5 EV exposure compensation range allowing for much more versatility when shooting in extremely bright or dark environments; or when shooting HDR (high dynamic range) images.

The Rebel T2i DSLR includes a number of professional-level user-selectable Canon image processing features to enhance the image quality of in-camera JPEG files, and to tag RAW images for processing later through Canon's Digital Photo Professional software (included with the camera). These features include Canon's Auto Lighting Optimizer to enhance shadow detail and add contrast to "flat" scenes, Highlight Tone Priority adding up to one stop of detail in bright highlight areas, Peripheral Illumination Correction for automatic correction of vignetting, High ISO Noise Reduction with four user-selectable settings, and Long Exposure Noise Reduction applied to exposures one second or longer. These Canon image enhancements provide new photographers with professional quality automatic image correction on JPEG files right out of the camera.

The EOS Rebel T2i digital camera includes a new enhanced 3-inch LCD monitor featuring 1.04 million dots with a wide 3:2 aspect ratio, wider than previous EOS models. The Rebel T2i camera's LCD monitor can display a full-screen video image utilizing the entire screen during playback. For maximum storage capacity the new EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR camera is the first EOS model to support SDXC memory cards. With all the new and exciting features of the EOS Rebel T2i, the Rebel series continues to provide great Canon features such as Live View, a built-in pop-up flash, and the EOS integrated cleaning system, as well as compatibility with Canon EX-series Speedlites and Canon EF and EF-S lenses allowing users to fully explore multiple creative photographic possibilities. The new EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR camera is also compatible with Canon's new BG-E8 battery grip and new RC-6 wireless remote control for both still images and video capture.

Pricing and Availability
The Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR camera is scheduled to be delivered to U.S. dealers in early March, and will be sold in a body-only configuration at an estimated retail price of $799.99. It will also be offered in a kit version with Canon's EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens at an estimated retail price of $899.99.

About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked fourth overall in the U.S. in 2009†, with global revenues of US $35 billion, is listed as number four in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies 2009 list, and is on the 2009 BusinessWeek list of "100 Best Global Brands." Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei – "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future" – Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional information about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.

BlueTsunami

Am I reading that PR correctly? Does it really state that there's Auto Focus during Video Recording? Wow.

For easier video recording operation and familiar functionality for beginners, the Rebel T2i's autofocus can be operated before or during video recording by pressing the shutter button half-way down in video mode.

I wonder if it tracks movement or is just single focus.

Chorazin

BlueTsunami said:
Am I reading that PR correctly? Does it really state that there's Auto Focus during Video Recording? Wow.

Since it requires you to do the focusing by pressing the shutter button, I'd guess it's single focus. Still, rather impressive!

Chairhome

Looks good! I have a 20D, and I think going from the X0D series to a Rebel is usually considered a downgrade, but since mine is so old, I wonder if it would be a worthwhile upgrade for me. Its either that or a 50D, I guess. But video is tempting.

mrkgoo

BlueTsunami said:

I can AF during video record on the AF during video on my 7D. Hmmm. Not sure about during recording. Obviously contrast detection, and the microphone picks up the noise of the focus motor.

golem

Zyzyxxz said:

Ha, early adopter is having an E-P1 ;) Great camera, love it.

3887073547_7c0d824204_b.jpg

(Taken with my XSi)

BlueTsunami

mrkgoo said:
I can AF during video record on the AF during video on my 7D. Hmmm. Not sure about during recording. Obviously contrast detection, and the microphone picks up the noise of the focus motor.

Hmmm, I always though video recording on these DSLRs were purely manual focusing. Its cool then that they are AF capable.

mrkgoo

BlueTsunami said:
Hmmm, I always though video recording on these DSLRs were purely manual focusing. Its cool then that they are AF capable.
I'll have to double check about whether it works during actual recording. I think it does. It definitely does af in video mode when you hit a button an there are two modes. One flicks the mirror back down and the other uses the sensor.

Futureman

You can AF while recording video but it's basically pointless as the AF will hunt and take like 3 seconds to lock on, and like mkgoo said the mic will pick this noise up.

If you are doing any serious filming you'll be using manual focus and recording your audio with something else than the camera's mic. I guess the AF is fine though if you are just shooting video of your kids or something.

lostzenfound

I'm thinking of snagging a Pentax K-X as my first DSLR to learn the ropes on. I haven't found any bad reviews and, well, it looks sexy and cheap. I don't mind not having a Canon or Nikon that much either...

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-x-2-7-inch-18-55mm-White/dp/B002OEBTD2/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IFB8FHPKKHJDM&colid=1ANXJ9N6IRC8O

pentax-k-x-in-colours.jpg

Anyone have any experience, or want to seriously talk me out of it? And... white or red, eh?

As per equipment, I'll probably stick to the packaged lens for a bit, then within this year sometime grab the 50-200mm and one of those limited pancake lenses for convenience.

This will be my second camera, to "replace" this guy:

Canon_S5is.jpg

Canon - S5 IS -- The bastard child of an SLR and Point and Shoot relationship. I've liked it, but I want all the features of an SLR, especially considering it's like the same size.

Then, if I have the money a bit later, to get a real point and shoot to carry around for convenience and durability, I might grab this guy:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 12MP Digital Camera with 4.6x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD

panasonic-lumix-dmc-ft1-green.jpg

mrkgoo

lostzenfound said:

This has been in my "to buy later" at amazon since it came out. I wasn't likely to buy it, but as a P&S it offered some things that would complement my SLR at the time. It's now $250.t

Hcoregamer00

mrklaw said:
Hmm. Any rumours of the same 7D AF module? that's one of my main reasons for wanting to get a 7D over a 40/50D.

Fat chance, if that is one thing that they will use to differentiate between the two products, it will be the amazing 7D autofocus.

I'm having a serious dilemma here, and would appreciate some serious input -

I'm looking for a standard-ish zoom for low-light without buying the expensive Nikkor line (which I've used and love). I really liked the 24-70mm f/2.8, so I'm considering which one to get in the same range.

The three options I have are:

* Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG MACRO
* Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 HSM
* Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Aspherical
* Any recommendations?

I am leaning towards the Sigma because of the better materials (metal), but I can't seem to justify the ~$300 increase from the DG EX to the HSM (quality seems comparable). Any thoughts?

I've heard good and bad things about Sigma as a company, and Tamron is cheaper build quality/materials?

Any thoughts? I own a Nikon D80.

mrkgoo

Zyzyxxz said:
I dunno about that compact much but if you want a nice pocketable point and shoot get a Canon S90 on the used market or wait until it drops in price. IMO it'd be worth it.

The main claim to the TS1 is that it's waterproof, shockproof and dustproof. Makes for a very different camera when you consider where and when it's going to be used.

zhenming

Major Williams said:
I'm having a serious dilemma here, and would appreciate some serious input -

I'm looking for a standard-ish zoom for low-light without buying the expensive Nikkor line (which I've used and love). I really liked the 24-70mm f/2.8, so I'm considering which one to get in the same range.

The three options I have are:

* Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG MACRO
* Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 HSM
* Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Aspherical
* Any recommendations?

I am leaning towards the Sigma because of the better materials (metal), but I can't seem to justify the ~$300 increase from the DG EX to the HSM (quality seems comparable). Any thoughts?

I've heard good and bad things about Sigma as a company, and Tamron is cheaper build quality/materials?

Any thoughts? I own a Nikon D80.
I've had the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Aspherical on the D80 its sharp and contrasty, but the range just wasn't right for me.... to wide nor long enough....

719433174_7c05c8fffd.jpg

equap

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Wow, one reason to go with Canon is gone (fast wide). Though that baby is listed at $2200 (MSRP?). Lots of monies. Its using Nikon's Nano Coating too : D~~~~
:\ whatever that means.

Right now I have a Panasonic ZS3 (with messed up screen) and an older TZ3. In the past I had a Canon A620. I look forward to this year upgrading to a Olympus E-PL1 or Panasonic GF2 because I have always loved DSLR's for the images yet hated their size. Micro 4/3's has become my savior and all I now need is to get the money.

BlueTsunami

equap said:
:\ whatever that means.

Lens coating! Its supposed to be very flare resistant, not impervious but very good. It was introduced in the 14-24/2.8. Though with the recessed lens element, I'm sure their own 1.4/24 will probably exhibit much better resistance to flaring than the 14-24/2.8.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
BlueTsunami said:
Lens coating! Its supposed to be very flare resistant, not impervious but very good. It was introduced in the 14-24/2.8. Though with the recessed lens element, I'm sure their own 1.4/24 will probably exhibit much better resistance to flaring than the 14-24/2.8.
Yep, nano coating rocks. I use the nano coated lenses when shooting backlit situations in which I don't want too much flare.

e.g. using the 105mm f2.8 macro instead of the 85mm 1.4

ChryZ

Futureman said:
You can AF while recording video but it's basically pointless as the AF will hunt and take like 3 seconds to lock on, and like mkgoo said the mic will pick this noise up.

If you are doing any serious filming you'll be using manual focus and recording your audio with something else than the camera's mic. I guess the AF is fine though if you are just shooting video of your kids or something.
Panasonic got m4/3 lenses geared towards video recording. They support AFC aka auto focusing continuous. Depending on the AF mode you can let the cam auto focus faces, a certain area or lock on to a subject (the AF will follow the subject). Those lenses also got very silent servomotors.

I'd guess Canon will have similar lenses.

Ember128

How do I get the 7D to record video to an External Hard-drive? I know it can be done through the Wireless Battery grip which costs approximately ridiculous, but I heard it can be done through the software that comes with the camera if you hook it up to the computer and use the tethering thinger.

Anyone know how I can do it?

Chorazin

Alucrid said:
My DSLR should be fine in the snow right? No special precautions needed?

If it's snowing, remember, snow is just solid rain. You should weatherproof it, either with a small umbrella or you can cut a hole in a plastic bag and rubberband it to the lens ghetto style.

If it's already snowed, you'll be fine. The only precaution you should take is to put your camera in it's bag before you enter a warm area, and LEAVE IT THERE for at least an hour to slowly warm it without causing condensation.

mrkgoo

Can someone explain the details of importing my iPhoto Library? If I import, and choose to keep it in iphoto (I guess it's referencing), is that a one shot? For example, if I add another photo to iPhoto, will this change automatically appear in the Aperture version? Or will I have to import again?

Apart from file location, how is the import in to an Aperture Library different? Can I do the same things?

If I leave them in iPhoto, does Aperture still create it's own database, for example, for faces, or thumbnails? Or does it use that information from iPhoto as well?

Thanks for the help. Since this has come out I might finally take the plunge and move up in editing software.

Forsete

New lens.

Samyang 85 mm f1.4
4346531650_c88e21db87_b.jpg

4345788235_1f976d1622_b.jpg

Quick test shot focusing on the tap, shot at 1.4. Cant wait for the snow to start melting. :D
4346532008_91285b1d26_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom