• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

see5harp

Alright, my curiosity is piqued. I ordered a Nano.

Unrelated: I grabbed some Jimmy the Juice Man after spotting a restock, since the stuff seems to be popular. Caramel Pear, specifically. To be honest, I'm not feeling it, but since the restock just happened I assume this juice might be too fresh. I'm gonna let it sit and check in on it in a few weeks. Right now I can just barely taste the caramel on the exhale, and the pear flavor is nowhere to be found.

To be honest I've felt that way about everything I've tried from that line. Creme Brulee tasted super weird to me, and that's like the most popular one, from what I can tell. Honestly, it tasted like a standard ass custard cream that just had a weird arftertaste that almost tasted like banana, so dude says "hint of banana." I feel like a lot of juice companies do this. I do like how it doesn't seem like there's much in the way of coloring and I like the vapor production and uniformity with the labels but aside from that I just tried Shurb and it tastes so weird. I may let this one sit for a week or two as well.

TxdoHawk

To be honest I've felt that way about everything I've tried from that line. Creme Brulee tasted super weird to me, and that's like the most popular one, from what I can tell. Honestly, it tasted like a standard ass custard cream that just had a weird arftertaste that almost tasted like banana, so dude says "hint of banana." I feel like a lot of juice companies do this. I do like how it doesn't seem like there's much in the way of coloring and I like the vapor production and uniformity with the labels but aside from that I just tried Shurb and it tastes so weird. I may let this one sit for a week or two as well.

I hear they are ramping up big-time to try and meet demand, so I wonder if quality control has been an issue.

All that said, nothing so far for me has beaten the first bottle I bought (Mr. Good Vape "Melon Head"). I'm excited to see how that stuff tastes in the Subtank, given all the positive press.

If anyone is looking to get a new rda you really should check out the Marquis. I got the Marquis clone from Fasttech and it is absolutely awesome. An upgrade to the Veritas in just about every single way.

....now to find a Derringer shipped from the U.S.

If anyone is looking to get a new rda you really should check out the Marquis. I got the Marquis clone from Fasttech and it is absolutely awesome. An upgrade to the Veritas in just about every single way.

....now to find a Derringer shipped from the U.S.

Been looking for a good Marquis clone. Can you link me to the one you ordered?

oop. reading > me

Nah, I edited it, LOL.

Another edit*

My brother got the juice Indulge by Classified in his Zamplebox and its delicious. I just ordered a bottle. If anyone is looking for a nice vanilla creme/custard with a hint of lime in it, than this is yours. Its what The Standard - Cell Block Four should have been.

never touch my marquis but I did get the derringer from a local b&m for $17 and haven't used anything else since

the atty is extremely basic. my clone is quite good. i would just try to get one with grub nuts (which mine is)

Rizific

grabbed me an ipv mini 2. almost everything ive been looking for in a box mod. i wanted a smaller profile than the sigelei and at least 60w. build quality is acceptable, not as good as the sigelei 150w i have. spring loaded 510 which imo is a must, 5 different pre sets is nice, and profile is exactly what i was looking for. now i can actually keep it in my pocket. only thing i wish it had would be a battery % reading. but im liking it so far.

grabbed me an ipv mini 2. almost everything ive been looking for in a box mod. i wanted a smaller profile than the sigelei and at least 60w. build quality is acceptable, not as good as the sigelei 150w i have. spring loaded 510 which imo is a must, 5 different pre sets is nice, and profile is exactly what i was looking for. now i can actually keep it in my pocket. only thing i wish it had would be a battery % reading. but im liking it so far.

I have the same setup (a sigelei 150 and ipv mini 2). My only complaint with the mini is how the display dims after firing. It's just a notch or two too dim.

Rizific

picked up a derringer clone from that link i posted above.

pretty snazzy little guy, super small, excellent flavor. quality seems to be pretty good besides the slightly turned positive post. dont have an authentic to compare it to so i cant comment on the accuracy of the machining. o ring tolerances are also very good. not complaining for $22.

Hmm, rewicking the SubTank coils is tricky. It's easy to twist out the old cotton and dry burn the coil, but getting just the right amount of replacement cotton in there is tough. The margin between leaking/flooding and dry hits is really tight. I think I can get it down using Japanese pads and trimming to a consistent width, though.

Anecdotally, I do know a few people who have had trouble with the threads on the 30 watt iStick, but that might just be bad luck. Pristine_Condition recently told me that he loves his though, and that it's been performing flawlessly for him.

Yup. Thanks for passing this along.

Sorry to have been out of the thread lately. Just really busy with life and business.

I am LOVING the new iStick 30W. My threads are still flawless, and I've been doing a lot of really stupid stuff with mine in my pocket since I got it. I'm a photographer by trade, and I'm constantly squatting/kneeling for shots with the thing in my front pants pocket, with one of the Aspire tanks still attatched, naturally. Hell, this Sunday, I was shooting action for four hours straight to the point where I'm still sore from all the squatting and kneeling, and had the little 30W in my pocket like a dumbass the whole time. The frequency of this sort of behavior would spell certain doom for the old 20W model's soft metal connection/threads.

Yeah, they still need to improve the button rattle, but it's just a quibble. I can't recommend this more. For the price, it's as good as you can ask for. I look at it like this: a year ago, this thing could have been a $100 device, and I probably would have felt lucky to pay it rather than $140 for something like a much less portable and convenient Provari. (And I say this as someone who owns a PV2.5)

I kinda feel like I got in late to vaping (about a year and a half off the stinkies now) compared to some of my friends, so I didn't have to go through the REAL crappy equipment. But people coming to vaping now are so lucky. You can go right into vaping on something like a istick 30w and a Subtank or Naughty for around $100 total and get big hits and great flavor whatever your vaping style, in a completely convenient, portable package. You don't HAVE to drip (unless you want to) you don't have to rebuild (unless you want to) ect.

Willectro

Banned
I've used the iStick 30w with a subtank mini for about a week now and without spending a lot more money, it seems like a pretty decent setup.

Now to find decent juices. Everything I've tried besides Cosmic Fog - The Shocker has been pretty mediocre or even disgusting.

Broseybrose

I've used the iStick 30w with a subtank mini for about a week now and without spending a lot more money, it seems like a pretty decent setup.

Now to find decent juices. Everything I've tried besides Cosmic Fog - The Shocker has been pretty mediocre or even disgusting.

After 5 years vaping 3 of my top vapes are Blend 4 by AVE, Boba Tea by Ahlusion, and Harvest Berry by VelvetCloud. I would and do recommend them to everyone.

Surely you tried Cosmic Fog's Milk and Honey? If that didnt impress you the boba tea might. Also theres another savory flavor I love called The Gentleman's Reserve by Steamco. See if thats up your alley?

Willectro

Banned
After 5 years vaping 3 of my top vapes are Blend 4 by AVE, Boba Tea by Ahlusion, and Harvest Berry by VelvetCloud. I would and do recommend them to everyone.

Surely you tried Cosmic Fog's Milk and Honey? If that didnt impress you the boba tea might. Also theres another savory flavor I love called The Gentleman's Reserve by Steamco. See if thats up your alley?

Interesting, thanks for the recommendations. I'll have to look into those. I might order a bottle of Looper by ANML Vapors.

spyder_ur

Good recommendations - I can definitely second Milk & Honey and Boba Tea (Flavor it if you'd like). My favorite juice is definitely Ahlusion's Smooth Criminal, a tobacco blend. Ahlusion juices are next level for me, but be warned I don't necessarily love their customer service and their shipping times can be longer than is standard.

dream

Meanwhile, I've been playing with a loaner iStick 50W and this thing is incredible. The battery life is insane. I spent a day hitting it at 50 watts and could barely get the battery to drop below the halfway point. I just wish I could justify buying one when I already have a ton of mods.

Thinking about selling my Sig 150 to get a istick 50w. Only reason I bought the Sig was for the battery life and the istick sounds like it has it in spades.

dream

Thinking about selling my Sig 150 to get a istick 50w. Only reason I bought the Sig was for the battery life and the istick sounds like it has it in spades.
I'm pondering the same thing myself. Going back to the Sigelei 100W as my daily driver was strange because it feels almost comically large now. The only thing stopping me is the fact that I do have an iStick 20W, which is fine for me when I'm on the go because I'm usually using a Nautilus when I'm out.

Chopper

I don't know if I'm lttp on this one, but Golden Drops Tasty Churros is fucking fantastic. I will be buying lots of this.

Also, I finally got round to trying Cosmic Fog Kryptonite. It's definitely the best watermelon flavour I've tried.

spyder_ur

So now it appears like the threading on my couple months old iStick is starting to go. Can't secure either of my Aerotank Megas although my Nautilus tanks seem to be OK at this point.

This is now several devices I have had similar problems with, where the tanks wouldn't screw in after a while - they include an MVP 2.0, a couple Ego-VVs of multiple makes and models (which also means I can't even charge those), two iTaste VV 3.0s. This is getting really frustrating to me. Most often using Aerotank Megas and Nautilus'.

Is there anything I can do to fix the threading? And what am I doing wrong generally?

So now it appears like the threading on my couple months old iStick is starting to go. Can't secure either of my Aerotank Megas although my Nautilus tanks seem to be OK at this point.

This is now several devices I have had similar problems with, where the tanks wouldn't screw in after a while - they include an MVP 2.0, a couple Ego-VVs of multiple makes and models (which also means I can't even charge those), two iTaste VV 3.0s. This is getting really frustrating to me. Most often using Aerotank Megas and Nautilus'.

Is there anything I can do to fix the threading? And what am I doing wrong generally?

My brother had the same problem with his istick (at least it sounds like it). He ended up buying the "bending adapter". Makes it a little taller but helped with the shitty threads and as a bonus it is self adjusting.

http://www.eleafworld.com/product/detail.php/istick-bending-adaptor.html

spyder_ur

Rizific

so i decided to test the accuracy of the ohm readers that are built into my ipv mini 2 and sigelei 150w compared to my ohm reader. same atty, just changed devices

ipv

sigelei

so theres that.

spyder_ur

What's the best US website to order Quality juice?

I'm sure everyone has their favorites, but I'll give mine:

-Ahlusion - real premium quality, my personal favorite juices particularly their tobacco blends and boba teas. Higher prices and slower shipping speeds.
-Mt Baker Vapor - good prices and everything is good quality, good fast shipping
-Mountain Oak Vapor - Sweetwater Valley line of juices is very good, some people like their more decadent flavors but I'm not as big a fan of those in general
-Vermillion River - great tobacco blends
-VaporBeast - stock a variety of other brands; Cosmic Fog Milk & Honey is a favorite of myself and others

Ourobolus

Banned
So I've been mostly going out and having these two flavors (which are great):
phillip_rocke__98769.1416505662.400.400.jpg

Philip Rocke Grand Reserve Creme de la Creme (coffee, hazelnut)

b521a7_acc468b103254a348bf6458de91c3e6d.jpg_256

Cereal Killa (reminds me of Froot Loops)

Trying to find some that are like these online (though I like a lemonade one I've been trying too), since going to the stores can be pricey. Any recommendations?

Actually, looking around, mint is a popular flavor (menthol, wintergreen, etc.). Anyone got a preference?

see5harp

Are you asking for vendors who actually produce and manufacture their own juice or simply places to buy from? I've had good experiences with Mt. Baker Vaper but for just brand name stuff I have been ordering from Giant Vapes. Super quick delivery even coming from the other side of the country.

Ourobolus

Banned
Are you asking for vendors who actually produce and manufacture their own juice or simply places to buy from? I've had good experiences with Mt. Baker Vaper but for just brand name stuff I have been ordering from Giant Vapes. Super quick delivery even coming from the other side of the country.
Both, I guess. Reliable vendors, and maybe good juices that have similar flavors, since at the very least the coffee one I pretty pricey.

Found a new daily/all-day vape for now.

It's Apothecary Tonics' "Antiben Cream" -- a creamy watermelon. I know. Sounds weird. But it's delightful.

Ran me $20 / 30ml at my brick-and-mortar here in Austin.

As much as I love my new mini subtank, I'm kinda off the idea of using a tank like that or the atlantis for all-day vaping. They just use too much juice, and since I'm kinda a juice snob now, it gets expensive.

This juice is perfect for my all-day style of vaping. Tastes great all day long on 13.6W off the 30W istick with a Nautilus. Great flavor and makes enough vapor for me. I'm on 12mg, because like I said, I don't want to use a ton of juice. Really wish these guys (and everybody else) would make an 8mg. That would be perfect for this style of vaping.

These guys really make some cool juices. My BnM carries a fairly massive selection of premium juice (they have a separate room that looks like a cigar room for the good stuff) and so I very rarely spend the time to sit down and try an entire line, but these were so interesting. A few of the flavors are really weird and honestly pretty risky for this market, and I like that. Even the weirdest ones are pretty good though.

The weirdest, IMO, is the one called "Turkish Snow" -- it's a really BRACING "cold" mint with ROSE... Think about how weird that is for a flavor for a second. It's actually pretty tasty, actually, but damn, it's right on the edge of smelling and tasting kinda like a fancy SOAP.

http://apothecarytonics.com/fanciful-flavors

Siegmeyer

Hey guys

Been vaping a few months now and in the past few days I've been having an issue I've not had before. Basically it's started to taste very liquidy. I've always thought that when the coil is going it'll start to taste burnt, but could it be the issue here too? I just replaced the latest coil last Saturday though. Liquid is new too and there was no problem for the first few days. Now much less vapour is being produced, and although I don't get any actual liquid in my mouth, I get a really strong liquid taste which is actually worse than the burnt taste of an old coil.

Google search wasn't much use, but that could just be a reflection of my poor internet skills. Any help much appreciated.

Rizific

so i picked up a kanger sub tank mini after reading about its praise. tried the included 0.5ohm coil, and was pleasantly surprised. good flavor, good airflow. now what originally drew me to the subtank was its rebuildable base. tried that one today, 24g 6 wrap 0.55 ohms and flavor and airflow were reduced. bummer. id really use this everyday with the kanger occ heads, but no way in hell im paying $5 per head when i want to change it out. i do a lot of driving for work and ive been looking for a tank that id love. something with good airflow, good flavor, and rebuildable. tried the orchid and now the subtank and still not happy. any recommendations?

Hey guys

Been vaping a few months now and in the past few days I've been having an issue I've not had before. Basically it's started to taste very liquidy. I've always thought that when the coil is going it'll start to taste burnt, but could it be the issue here too? I just replaced the latest coil last Saturday though. Liquid is new too and there was no problem for the first few days. Now much less vapour is being produced, and although I don't get any actual liquid in my mouth, I get a really strong liquid taste which is actually worse than the burnt taste of an old coil.

Google search wasn't much use, but that could just be a reflection of my poor internet skills. Any help much appreciated.

Would be helpful for us to know what kind of equipment you are vaping with and what kind of juice.

If you are using a clearimizer, what kind, and is it making a gurgling or bubbling sound when you take puffs?

Coils on clearos should last longer than a week, unless you are hitting crazy hard juices or big watts constantly that are beyond what your coil is designed to handle. Most likely, you have a flooded clearo. That issue can be caused by a number of factors, and usually the most common reasons for certain clearos flooding are fairly well known. But often they are specific to the design of that device. That's why it'd be helpful for us to know what you are working with.

If you are on an ego-threaded device, are you noticing any fluid build-up inside the connection?

Siegmeyer

Would be helpful for us to know what kind of equipment you are vaping with and what kind of juice.

If you are using a clearimizer, what kind, and is it making a gurgling or bubbling sound when you take puffs?

Coils on clearos should last longer than a week, unless you are hitting crazy hard juices or big watts constantly that are beyond what your coil is designed to handle. Most likely, you have a flooded clearo. That issue can be caused by a number of factors, and usually the most common reasons for certain clearos flooding are fairly well known. But often they are specific to the design of that device. That's why it'd be helpful for us to know what you are working with.

If you are on an ego-threaded device, are you noticing any fluid build-up inside the connection?

It's a Kangertech EVOD, a quick google tells me it's a clearomizer? I'm pretty clueless on the tech/terminology I'm afraid. Juice is a 18mg bluberry containing VG&PG but the bottle doesn't list the ratio. No bubbling or gurgling (I've had that before so know what it sounds like).

I've had it months with no problems. Put the new juice and new coil in last Saturday, everything was as normal for the first few days and then in the past couple of days the taste has gone really sickly sweet, less vapour, and the juice is running out quicker. I changed nothing else in this time (apart from needing to charge it a couple of times) which is why it's so puzzling.

I've had the burnt taste before from an old coil and it's nothing like that. I tried a fresh coil this morning and still the problem persists.

Allforce

Is liquid getting into the center tube of the EVOD? Take the whole thing apart, wash it with warm water and then try again.

Although you say you're not getting liquid in your mouth so I don't quite understand what you mean by it tasting "liquidy".

dream

so i picked up a kanger sub tank mini after reading about its praise. tried the included 0.5ohm coil, and was pleasantly surprised. good flavor, good airflow. now what originally drew me to the subtank was its rebuildable base. tried that one today, 24g 6 wrap 0.55 ohms and flavor and airflow were reduced. bummer. id really use this everyday with the kanger occ heads, but no way in hell im paying $5 per head when i want to change it out. i do a lot of driving for work and ive been looking for a tank that id love. something with good airflow, good flavor, and rebuildable. tried the orchid and now the subtank and still not happy. any recommendations?

I still like my Lemo a lot.

Have you considered rebuilding the OCCs? It's really easy to put a new coil in, but the wicking can be tricky.

Rizific

I still like my Lemo a lot.

Have you considered rebuilding the OCCs? It's really easy to put a new coil in, but the wicking can be tricky.
Yes I realized this after posting that you could rebuild the occ heads. I tried a few times last night, couldn't get the resistance I wanted. Will definitely be trying more once I get off work.

edit: successfully rebuilt an occ head. had to use 24g to get down to 0.6. gotta get the wicking down though, its not wicking as effectively as a stock head.

It's a Kangertech EVOD, a quick google tells me it's a clearomizer? I'm pretty clueless on the tech/terminology I'm afraid. Juice is a 18mg bluberry containing VG&PG but the bottle doesn't list the ratio. No bubbling or gurgling (I've had that before so know what it sounds like).

I've had it months with no problems. Put the new juice and new coil in last Saturday, everything was as normal for the first few days and then in the past couple of days the taste has gone really sickly sweet, less vapour, and the juice is running out quicker. I changed nothing else in this time (apart from needing to charge it a couple of times) which is why it's so puzzling.

I've had the burnt taste before from an old coil and it's nothing like that. I tried a fresh coil this morning and still the problem persists.

Man, this is a mystery to me.

I'm was a huge EVOD guy. Probably the biggest proponent of the EVOD on these boards, actually. For a long time, that was my clearo choice and what I'd recommend to any new vaper. I know those things inside out and have rebuilt and modified them probably a hundred times.

And I have no clue what's going on.

If you are getting the right power out of your battery, I'm staring to guess you have a juice issue. Almost sounds like there's water in your juice, but that probably wouldn't carry the "sickly sweet" flavor symptom.

I'd try a clean tank/coil and a different juice from a different manufacturer/shop. See what happens.

Tuvoc

I was getting sick of my local B&M constantly being out of stock with all the juices I like so I ordered some juice from Goodlife and EVC. When I tracked them today I noticed they were both at my house. So I stopped at my B&M on my way home and bought a new setup. 50W iStick and a Kanger Subtank. I didn't know the Subtank came with a little RBA. That lil guy is sick! Also, EVC was kind enough to send me a free sample of Fogium's Apala with my order. I thought I loved my 20W iStick with the Nautilis Mini. The new setup blows that out of the water.

edit: successfully rebuilt an occ head. had to use 24g to get down to 0.6. gotta get the wicking down though, its not wicking as effectively as a stock head.

Keep at it. I've found that less is more with these builds. I was using way too much cotton and just killing the wicking and airflow when I first tried with this tank. You actually don't need that much to get that capillary action to engage. Especially with higher VG liquids.

Top Bottom