• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Rizific

Sigelei makes a 50w device and pioneer4you has their 70w ipv mini 2 . I've owned a sig 100w and a 150w and I think their devices are pretty good. I've also had an ipv mini 2. Also a pretty good device but scratches easily.

Edit, I should note that these devices I listed require your own 18650 batteries. The sig 50w and ipv 70w use one battery, the sig 100/150w use two batteries.

Pete Rock

My local B&M that has the nicest digs and the best juice selection started slinging Cloupors. I looked them up and they have wicked voltage drop issues so I passed. Still waiting for the perfect box mod. Probably wait for temp control and switch to that wire at the same time. Although I have been thinking about quitting entirely as I have been down to 3MG for a while now and I can basically take it or leave it without having a fit, which was a long time goal.

My local B&M that has the nicest digs and the best juice selection started slinging Cloupors. I looked them up and they have wicked voltage drop issues so I passed. Still waiting for the perfect box mod. Probably wait for temp control and switch to that wire at the same time. Although I have been thinking about quitting entirely as I have been down to 3MG for a while now and I can basically take it or leave it without having a fit, which was a long time goal.

two words

regulated squonker

Guys, seriously. Give the Charlie Noble juices a shot. I talked about them in this thread probably a couple months ago, and my opinion is even stronger than before. Real premium juices at real cheap prices. I'm a juice snob, but I love about 75% of their entire line.

The only problem with them is they aren't usually carried at brick and mortar shops, probably because they are priced too low. But they have a sample pack that's a good value, so just get that, if you are skeptical/can't decide.

can't really fault anyone for liking charlie noble. it's about mid tier in my book

Pete Rock

two words

regulated squonker
Daaaaamn the Maniac always on that heady gear

Love your kids custom artwork as always, the kraken reaching for the atty lol sick

Squonking always seemed like a great idea to me. More so now that I have been rocking an old K100 mech with the Aqua V2 setup as a dripper for the last few months. Dripping is certifiably lame. You got the best of both worlds going on there dude! Get ummmmm

Dragon Scape and Para Mour been heavy in my rotation. Tried some other new heavy VG juices that are okay but those two are still up top for me, which is funny because one is 70/30 and the other is 50/50 but they both vape fantastic without too much throat hit. Vapor production is really fantastic and the flavors are just ughhh so good.

Daaaaamn the Maniac always on that heady gear

Love your kids custom artwork as always, the kraken reaching for the atty lol sick

Squonking always seemed like a great idea to me. More so now that I have been rocking an old K100 mech with the Aqua V2 setup as a dripper for the last few months. Dripping is certifiably lame. You got the best of both worlds going on there dude! Get ummmmm

Dragon Scape and Para Mour been heavy in my rotation. Tried some other new heavy VG juices that are okay but those two are still up top for me, which is funny because one is 70/30 and the other is 50/50 but they both vape fantastic without too much throat hit. Vapor production is really fantastic and the flavors are just ughhh so good.

I have another dna 40 coming this week (large screen). I plan on making another one. Would like to wait till I can make a 26650 version but I'm not sure I can hold off for that long.

I just got the full line up of the artist collection off of ecf for $56 shipped so I should be good for a while

Daedalux

Neo Member
Well, gone from an iStick 20w to a mech mod (Sentinel m16 FT clone) with the Subtank Mini, made some nice beefy 0.5ohm coils on the RBA deck and damn, this is more like it!

Derringer clone on the way aswell, gonna be keeping this setup for a while, the brass on the Sentinel is fading beautifully with use.

Well, gone from an iStick 20w to a mech mod (Sentinel m16 FT clone) with the Subtank Mini, made some nice beefy 0.5ohm coils on the RBA deck and damn, this is more like it!

Derringer clone on the way aswell, gonna be keeping this setup for a while, the brass on the Sentinel is fading beautifully with use.

id personally recommend a regulated device with a little more head room than the istick over a mech mod but if it's suits you have fun. you'd only be getting 35 watts on your device with that build. you might get about an hour of vaping before you vape starts dying off and you'd have to switch batteries

if you picked up a dna 40 clone or something comparable you'd get much longer vape time and a consistent vape as well as the built in safety features of having a regulated chip.

Rizific

video removed =/

in other news, kanger is coming out with another box+subtank mini revision
http://www.kangeronline.com/products/kanger-subox-mini-black-starter-kit
im more interested in the revised subtank mini. its been my go to tank since i got it.

Subox_Mini.jpg

R0017966_grande.JPG

Can anyone suggest a link from which to buy the nicotine-free/healthiest vape juice I can? I'm interested in vaping on occasion--mostly for the smell and relaxation of it, maybe a couple of hours a week at most.

Would the starter kit on the website be a suggested pick for such a task also?

Rizific

go to your local vape shops juice bar and sample their juice to see what you like. the samples should be zero nicotine level, but ask them just to make sure.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Got my new ZampleBox today. Unfortunately I got a duplicate flavor but I created a support ticket and within an hour they contacted me (well actually it was an automated email) but.. So far the zamplebox team has been great. I'm seriously impressed.

P90jReq.jpg

The Cosmic Charlie's "Orange BL'Awesome" smells really good. I think I'll try that first. The second from the left (Cereal Number) is the dupe. It wasn't my favorite in the first box but none of the juices I've gotten so far have been straight up trash. They are all high quality juices.

I got my first Zamplebox from WhatRobEats link today. I chose a bunch of my favorite styles like "Savory" "Custard" "Tobacco", "Dessert", etc when I signed up and they asked what I prefer.

Got 5 bottles of perfumey fruit flavors and one peanut butter that seems promising but that is only a 5 ML bottle. :/

Yeah. Zamplebox sucks. And WhatRobEats shilling for them here so he can get a free box sucks even worse, IMO.

I'm still kinda obsessed with Dragon Scape. But I'm running out and have soooo many other bottles. So I'm rationing it out, lol!

can't really fault anyone for liking charlie noble. it's about mid tier in my book

Yep. I'd rank them probably in the highest of the mid-tier. They're the best flavor-for-money value line in vaping right now, IMO. If you have the equipment for their line, which is probably too high VG for most beginners, unless they are on something like a subtank. I'm slowly working my way around their new flavors, but I'm vaping a whole lot of other bottles from other places right now.

I've started doing a lot more early mornings again for work, and that means getting back into morning coffee...and that has meant getting back into some tobacco flavors. Something I had abandoned almost completely for a year, and have just been flirting with over the last few months. Don't think I'll ever daily a tobacco, but with morning coffee or desert after a nice meal...perfect.

I was recently introduced to the Black Note line, and am working my way through tasting it. If you want straight-forward tobacco flavors, this is for you. Some wonderful flavors here. Expensive, but hey...

Personally, I kinda still prefer flavors-with-tobacco rather than tobacco-flavors, but I still LOVE the Black Note stuff. What I've found myself doing is taking a flavor I like that will go with tobacco, or that already has a little tobacco in it but not quite enough, and just adding a single drop of one of the Black Note flavors on top of it in my dripper. It actually works more often than not!

Current Daily Vapes:
The Apothecary - "Antiben Cream"
Charlie Noble - "Blue Bay"
All About Vapor - "Peppy Menthol"

Tobacco flavors:
P.O.E.T. - "Americano Ciambella"
Black Note: "Solo" (Menthol)
Charlie Noble - Admiral's Reserve: Pistachio RY4
Black Note: "Sonata"

Chopper

I finally tried Tmax's Snake Oil. I'm gutted. It tastes like shit. I'm giving away the 28mls that I haven't vaped. Onwards and upwards!

DietRob

Yeah. Zamplebox sucks. And WhatRobEats shilling for them here so he can get a free box sucks even worse, IMO.

I'm sorry about that. As I said at the beginning the first complaint and I'll take the links down so I'm going back to do that now. My bad for offending anyone I just wanted to share what I thought was a positive experience while also getting people 10% off and getting myself a little something too.

I got a duplicate flavor today and within 5 hours after opening a ticket zample support is sending me a new flavor and letting me go ahead and keep the duplicate. I wish others had good experiences and I'm sorry if those I sent there didn't.

I've been part of this community on GAF for quite some time and the last thing I want to do is annoy the community so I hope you can accept my apology.

been vaping various substances (nic, thc, caffeine mostly) for about seven months now.

use eleaf's istick 50w with a delta 2 tank and aspire's bvc coil. have a smaller istick mini for the weed and when i'm out and about.

good times! fuck the local moral scolds!

it's not the strongest, but calivape's 100% vg "caramel macchiato" e-juice (usually just keep it to 12mg nic) is my fuckin' joint, brehs. i can code and drag on that all fuckin' afternoon.

I've been part of this community on GAF for quite some time and the last thing I want to do is annoy the community so I hope you can accept my apology.

No problem. I hope you'll understand my problem with it wasn't a problem against you personally.

been vaping various substances (nic, thc, caffeine mostly) for about seven months now.

use eleaf's istick 50w with a delta 2 tank and aspire's bvc coil. have a smaller istick mini for the weed and when i'm out and about.

good times! fuck the local moral scolds!

it's not the strongest, but calivape's 100% vg "caramel macchiato" e-juice (usually just keep it to 12mg nic) is my fuckin' joint, brehs. i can code and drag on that all fuckin' afternoon.

I didn't even know vaping caffeine was a thing until your post.

DietRob

No problem. I hope you'll understand my problem with it wasn't a problem against you personally.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll be honest I thought you were saying I personally sucked more than zamplebox and that felt really shitty coming from a community I've been such a supportive and active member in.

I guess I can understand how me posting my referral link when talking about the service could get annoying. If anyone is interested in signing up though and wants an extra 10% off PM me and I'll hook you up.

DietRob

Nah. You'd have to go a lot harder than that to be as shit as Zamplebox.

I disagree with you on Zamplebox. I've gotten 2 boxes so far with them and they have been great. Their customer service is on point too. Within 5 hours on a Saturday they shipped me out a new flavor because I got a duplicate of one I got last month. I've found something I like out of each flavor they have sent me. Some of them aren't OMG awesome but NONE have been straight up nasty. And now I have 12 bottles of liquid to choose from. I will have to skip a month here and there because before long I'll have a juice shop in my basement.

Maybe that's not a bad idea though because I've got meetings this week and next to rent a storefront and open a vape shop here in southwest Ohio. Wish me luck fellow Vapor's!!!

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Zamplebox. I love it and hope others get to have an experience like I've had.

Tuvoc

Those new Kangertech Sub-Boxes look amazing! And a hell of a deal for the price. I paid almost $80 just for my iStick 50W

Does anyone know of a place I could buy a replacement mini RBA for my Subtank? I broke the plastic right at the base that holds the pin. I don't mind the prebuilt atomizers for it but I don't want to have to buy one every 5-7 days and I don't like rebuilding them.

And for any subtank owners out there that don't like the red o-rings, if you haven't seen them yet some vape shops and sites have started carrying different color o-ring sets for the subtank mini. It's nice to have them be able to match the battery color.

Rizific

And for any subtank owners out there that don't like the red o-rings, if you haven't seen them yet some vape shops and sites have started carrying different color o-ring sets for the subtank mini. It's nice to have them be able to match the battery color.

if youve bought that subtank mini recently, it might have come with extra black o rings in a goody bag under the foam that holds the tank. ive had two shop owners/workers ask me about my black o rings and told them the same thing. one even opened up a new one and low and behold, they were in there.

Tuvoc

if youve bought that subtank mini recently, it might have come with extra black o rings in a goody bag under the foam that holds the tank. ive had two shop owners/workers ask me about my black o rings and told them the same thing. one even opened up a new one and low and behold, they were in there.

I wish mine would've come with black ones! It came with an extra set of red ones. Glad to hear they're giving you some options now.

Rizific

quick look at the changes to the new(er) subtank minis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suCMS_D4kRI
not sure i like the change to the wicking of the rba. all they had to do was make the juice channels a tad larger. i took a dremel to mine and cut the bottom contact pin for more airflow and made the juice channels larger like i wanted. ill just bring that over to the new ones.

Zeth

I need a site for good juice that also sells kanger heads because I'm lazy. Bonus points if they ship quickly to the north east (US)

edit: Ordered a Charlie Noble sampler - probably should have just stuck to the Blue Bay, oh well, price is so low.

Wow I need to try some of my old standbys that I haven't had in forever. Boba's Bounty/Gorilla Juice mmm. Wow they finally have a 21st century website which can accept orders after 10am.

Jerbs

Vape Super Saver is pretty good for Kanger products. I get 5 packs of OCC coils there for $12.99, while my favorite B&M here sells them for $4.99 each. They are based around Atlanta, so shipping to the NE should be quick. I get my shipments in 3 days here in OK. As for juice, they have some, but not an extensive assortment. Suicide Bunny, Vapor Hut, Cosmic Fog. A few others.

Anyone here try Centerfold Vape Co.?

Very excited to have been recommended new line by my brick-and-mortar tasting room guy. He's starting to get to know me and what he thinks I might like, lol.

Today I was in picking up my usual supply of Antiben Creme, and he's like "Oh, I've been waiting for you...try THIS." And he scored a huge hit.

The new juice is called "Sir William" by Three Dukes Vapor. Taste profile is like a spicy punch you'd see at a fancy party. You know, the kind of punch with like a ring of flavored floating ice in the middle? Inhale is definitely the flavor of a spicy lemon-lime Sprite or 7-Up punch, with a touch of liquor. The exhale though is an EXTRAORDINARY creamy ginger ale taste. I mean it tastes exactly like ginger ale. I like this in a higher nic, 16mg out of the Nautilus at 12.3W for a nice solid throat hit to go with the snappiness of the flavor.

I bought a bottle and haven't touched anything else in two days. Now I need to go back and try some of these other flavors from Three Dukes. But even if none of them are as good as this, I think I'll be a happy customer of this flavor for a long time.

Edit: Was around $20-22 for 30ml. 30-70 pg/vg.

Vape Super Saver is pretty good for Kanger products. I get 5 packs of OCC coils there for $12.99, while my favorite B&M here sells them for $4.99 each. They are based around Atlanta, so shipping to the NE should be quick. I get my shipments in 3 days here in OK. As for juice, they have some, but not an extensive assortment. Suicide Bunny, Vapor Hut, Cosmic Fog. A few others.

Anyone here try Centerfold Vape Co.?

I'll have to check that out. I think I saw those flavors at a store in Dallas I hit whenever I'm in town.

Chopper

Very excited to have been recommended new line by my brick-and-mortar tasting room guy. He's starting to get to know me and what he thinks I might like, lol.

Today I was in picking up my usual supply of Antiben Creme, and he's like "Oh, I've been waiting for you...try THIS." And he scored a huge hit.

The new juice is called "Sir William" by Three Dukes Vapor. Taste profile is like a spicy punch you'd see at a fancy party. You know, the kind of punch with like a ring of flavored floating ice in the middle? Inhale is definitely the flavor of a spicy lemon-lime Sprite or 7-Up punch, with a touch of liquor. The exhale though is an EXTRAORDINARY creamy ginger ale taste. I mean it tastes exactly like ginger ale. I like this in a higher nic, 16mg out of the Nautilus at 12.3W for a nice solid throat hit to go with the snappiness of the flavor.

I bought a bottle and haven't touched anything else in two days. Now I need to go back and try some of these other flavors from Three Dukes. But even if none of them are as good as this, I think I'll be a happy customer of this flavor for a long time.

Edit: Was around $20-22 for 30ml. 30-70 pg/vg.

Sounds amazing. Doesn't look as though I can get that in the UK. :(

billeh

Made the jump onto the temperature control bandwagon today with a Vaporshark and my trusty Subtank mini .. Hoo, what a learning curve.

I skipped the Kanger coils since the consensus seemed pretty shaky from what I've read online and just built a .11 coil on the RBA deck. It really liked to spit juice with my usual wicking method, so I ended up using about 75% as much cotton as I would with my kanthal builds. It also turns out the RBA deck on the mini doesn't really get along with the springy connector of the Vaporshark, so I had to ever so slightly unscrew the bottom pin to make sure it fires.

Seem to have it down now, though, and man it is a flavorful vape. I tend to like my vapor on the cooler side, so sitting at 400-420F is pretty sweet. I can drag on it for a good 4-5 seconds and it's consistently cool and predictable as the mod dynamically adjusts the watts/voltage to keep it cool and tasty. Not a single dry hit!!

I quit normal cigs about 2-3 weeks or so ago and switched to vaping on an eGo C. So far so good, but how have people here experienced that switch? Did you notice anything with your health and such? I'm kind of concerned this isn't that healthy either, I read the OP and checked the UCLA guy's vid but he seems to be advertising for that smoke stik thing so it comes off a bit disingenuous. So how did people here experience it?

Rizific

Started off on something similar to you. Ego c twist with some generic clearomizer. Started off on 0mg nic and would still be smoking regular cigarettes. It wasn't until I made the switch to a mechanical mod, dripping atomizer, and 6mg nic that I was able to completely get off of cigarettes. As far as it being "healthier" than cigarettes, there's no doubt in my mind that they are. I don't think they are 100% safe, but as to what extent is still to be determined.

Radec

Long time smoker, planning to get my first e-cig.

Currently looking at the Kanger Subox Mini starter kit.

Good enough ?

UMGAWA

Good enough ?

Im sure the more experienced vapers will agree that its great value for money.

I'm 3 weeks into vaping on a joyetech egrip and doing well being off the cigs but I cant wait to get the kanger.

Pete Rock

I've just discovered Cereal Milk by Kilo. Yum!
A friend of mine brought his over a few weeks back and I gave it a spin, WOW this shit is for real

I have had Apple Jax & Captain Crunch flavors which were just OK

To be honest I am not that big of a fan of the Fruit Loops taste, although it is the best out of every iteration I have tried so far. They nailed it for sure. But what puts it over the top is the MILKINESS oh my it is sooooooo

DANK, they even got the right amount of that weird chalky sugar coating

It literally tastes like sipping on the leftover milk from a bowl of Fruit Loops what more do you need to know buy buy buy

Edit: I suppose I should mention that the predominant flavors other than the milk were lemon and lime but it is all very well balanced. But that is worth noting. If you don't like either of those flavors you won't like this.

Rizific

Good enough ?

good enough that it makes me want one. i definitely think the subox mini is an excellent choice for beginners. 60w is plenty of power, even for me. the subtank mini has been my go to tank every since i got it, and the inclusion of the rebuildable base means that you can eventually get into rebuilding if you wanted to0.

DietRob

good enough that it makes me want one. i definitely think the subox mini is an excellent choice for beginners. 60w is plenty of power, even for me. the subtank mini has been my go to tank every since i got it, and the inclusion of the rebuildable base means that you can eventually get into rebuilding if you wanted to0.

Yep... that white one is very nice looking just bought one. I usually stay away from Kranger stuff bc I've had bad experiences with all of my 'protanks' but this is too sexy looking to pass up. Hope I like it.

Watcher

I've just discovered Cereal Milk by Kilo. Yum!

Dewberry cream by Kilo is literally liquid gold. Havent found anything that even comes close to its greatness.

Ive only been vaping for about 2 months (aspire atlantis and mvp 3.0 box mod) and i just have to say thats i find it incredibly relaxing after a hard days work.

Yep... that white one is very nice looking just bought one. I usually stay away from Kranger stuff bc I've had bad experiences with all of my 'protanks' but this is too sexy looking to pass up. Hope I like it.

Mine just arrived today (first kit). A lot heavier than I expected, in a good way that makes it feel solid.

Unfortunately the battery and juice doesn't arrive until Monday. :(

Top Bottom