• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Acid08

Banned
So I finally jumped in because I just wanted to try these things to see if they would work for me. Good news, THEY TOTALLY DO!!!! This is so much better than analog. I loooove not smelling like shit all the time. Been three days without analog and I feel really good.

Now onto the next step: getting a better e-cig. I bought a Green Smart Living starter pack at my local smoke shop and I like it but I feel like the experience could be better. So what's the next step? I haven't had to deal with liquid so far, the GSL cig uses disposable cartridges.

So I finally jumped in because I just wanted to try these things to see if they would work for me. Good news, THEY TOTALLY DO!!!! This is so much better than analog. I loooove not smelling like shit all the time. Been three days without analog and I feel really good.

Now onto the next step: getting a better e-cig. I bought a Green Smart Living starter pack at my local smoke shop and I like it but I feel like the experience could be better. So what's the next step? I haven't had to deal with liquid so far, the GSL cig uses disposable cartridges.

I first tried those NJoy disposable cigarettes just to get a taste of e-cigs. It was enough to let me know that I could kick actual cigs. Then I came to this thread and went to ECF like WhatRobEats suggested. It was overwhelming reading all the different options out there, but eventually I chose an Ego-C and bought like 5 small samples of juice. I never looked back to cigs after that.

All that to say, I am happy with an ego/kgo type battery despite being concerned about its size. It really isn't large. The tanks/cartridges that come with my ego sucked, though. I quickly moved to cartomizers and clearomizers.

Find a vendor (I used Liberty Flights and Sweet-Vapes) and purchase some hardware or a starter kit and some juice in sample sizes.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I first tried those NJoy disposable cigarettes just to get a taste of e-cigs. It was enough to let me know that I could kick actual cigs. Then I came to this thread and went to ECF like WhatRobEats suggested. It was overwhelming reading all the different options out there, but eventually I chose an Ego-C and bought like 5 small samples of juice. I never looked back to cigs after that.

All that to say, I am happy with an ego/kgo type battery despite being concerned about its size. It really isn't large. The tanks/cartridges that come with my ego sucked, though. I quickly moved to cartomizers and clearomizers.

Find a vendor (I used Liberty Flights and Sweet-Vapes) and purchase some hardware or a starter kit and some juice in sample sizes.

Good deal I'm glad the site I mentioned was able to help you out. It is all a bit overwhelming at first. Now that I have more experience with e-cigs. I can confidently tell people to get an EGO kit and then decide if cartriges, tanks, or drip-tips work best for them.

Personally I went with the drip tip because the flavors and vapor are much better IMO

Yeah, you've got me wanting to try AVE juices now. I really want to try Boba's Bounty and have a little desire to try Gorilla Juice (not really a banana fan). But you sell it well, ha ha.

I've only been doing this a little over a month and I'm not "ready" for dripping. I wanted something I didn't have to worry about filling constantly. Although at home, I'm sure it would be cool.

DietRob

Yeah, you've got me wanting to try AVE juices now. I really want to try Boba's Bounty and have a little desire to try Gorilla Juice (not really a banana fan). But you sell it well, ha ha.

I've only been doing this a little over a month and I'm not "ready" for dripping. I wanted something I didn't have to worry about filling constantly. Although at home, I'm sure it would be cool.

Part of the main reason I went with the drip tip is because I do work at home so it's not a huge hassle for me to take out my bottle and put 3 drips into the tip. I can see how that could be annoying to someone that is 'on the go'.

Please do try the AVE juices. Word of caution though their juices tend to be very thick because they are mainly VG juices instead of PG juices. That said they do tend to clog up cartomizers after 2 or 3 fills. Ave juice is best used with a drip tip, or tank type system.

Part of the main reason I went with the drip tip is because I do work at home so it's not a huge hassle for me to take out my bottle and put 3 drips into the tip. I can see how that could be annoying to someone that is 'on the go'.

Please do try the AVE juices. Word of caution though their juices tend to be very thick because they are mainly VG juices instead of PG juices. That said they do tend to clog up cartomizers after 2 or 3 fills. Ave juice is best used with a drip tip, or tank type system.

Yeah, I saw the choices on their site. All VG.......or 90 percent VG, lol. Thanks, I do have some tanks lying around, if I remember early enough I'll order something from them. I'm doing the "lauded e-juice vendor" tour.

TheExodu5

Banned
Tried some 100VG stuff...cannot get it to vape in a clearomizer. It just doesn't wick. I'm guessing I need a drip tip for this stuff?

Shame, because the 30/70PG stuff irritates my throat too much and doesn't have enough vapor.

Broseybrose

For anyone ordering from AVEjuice.com, their Blend 4 is the best thing on the menu imo.

Tried some 100VG stuff...cannot get it to vape in a clearomizer. It just doesn't wick. I'm guessing I need a drip tip for this stuff?

Shame, because the 30/70PG stuff irritates my throat too much and doesn't have enough vapor.

Well you can look into bottom coil clearos and tanks. Im using 100% VG AVE Blend 4 and Havana Gold with the GotVapes Phoenix Bottom Coil Clearomizers just fine.

Another good alternative is to get your hands on a bridgeless atomizer and a drip tip and just drip. Dripping is the simplest and most rewarding imo way to vape. It just means you have to constantly drip, hence the popularity and necessity of cartos/clearos/tanks.

If you have an atomizer already, you may want to try de-bridging it. Its not necessary, but will make your attys last longer and easier to clean and more efficient for dripping in general. There are tons of vids on YouTube on how to de-bridge a 510.

DietRob

My haul from AVE finally came in today. Straight in my VEINS!!!

bHUt1l.jpg

Zeth

^Beautiful haul. I've had a couple 100ml AVE jugs. Really need to get more from them, it's been a while. Always end up missing the order window and settling with something else.

Got some new stuff from Highbrow Vapor: Vanilla Bourbon Bean - Pretty good, a little heavy on the bourbon, might change with time. Highbrowbacco Exotic Blend- ehh might need some time. Peach Thymbra- excellent, tastes like real peach, crystal clear liquid and tastes very natural.

Still loving Virgin Vapor. Cleanest tasting liquids around, and thin enough for a Vivi Nova even at 100% VG. Kona Velvet Milkshake is the best. Also stepped down to 12mg across the board.

DietRob

Still loving Virgin Vapor. Cleanest tasting liquids around, and thin enough for a Vivi Nova even at 100% VG. Kona Velvet Milkshake is the best. Also stepped down to 12mg across the board.

I was at 12 initially but I found myself vaping all day. As in always having it in my hand. I figured if I stepped up to 18 I would be able to put the thing away more often. It seems to be working. So far.

Broseybrose

I just got my first juice order in from Heather's Heavenly Vapes.

Definitely recommend this vendor. The juices are made with love and care and the prices are surprisingly low.

I got a 30ml of Heavenly Tobacco (their RY4) which is super creamy delicious.

I also got samples of Dark Horse, Gandalf, Georgia Peach Tobacco, and Pirate's Booty.

Jack_AG

Banned
What is the GAF consensus on Blu? Friend of mine just picked up the starter kit and that vanilla was sooooo nice.

Anyone have issues with these?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I ordered 100 ML of Gorilla juice.

It better be good or I'm going to give WhatRobEats a stern finger wagglling that he won't soon forget.

TheExodu5

Banned
So I tried mixing 30/70PG with 100VG liquids from canada-e-juice. Works great. Lots of vapor. 12mg is still a bit strong for me so I'm ordering a bunch of 6mg liquids this week. Can't wait to get em.

Vivi Nova 2.5 tanks work great with the 1.8ohm atomizers. 2.8ml tank and I don't have to worry about refilling them for hours of constant vaping.

Zeth

What is the GAF consensus on Blu? Friend of mine just picked up the starter kit and that vanilla was sooooo nice.

Anyone have issues with these?

Blu is pretty bad and overpriced but it's how I first got into the stuff. Still have yet to recapture the vanilla flavor, though I've found some coffee stuff that's way better than their java, which was my other favorite.

Husker86

Volcano Inferno battery with tube tank/clearomizers and I'm loving ecigs finally.

Not sure why Volcano has a bad rep. Only thing that is overpriced through them is liquid as far as I can see.

This battery can last me 3-4 days. I started over a year ago with their cigarette-sized batteries in the charging case and hated ecigs because I would only get a good throat hit on the first few puffs. Since then they've used different designed cartomizers and with this bigger battery I am off analogs.

jdforge

Banned
I'm a 20 a day Marlboro Lite / Touch smoker. I want to try an e-cig but I'm confused as to what I need to purchase.

Anyone care to point me in the direction? I'm based in UK.

Thanks

I'm a 20 a day Marlboro Lite / Touch smoker. I want to try an e-cig but I'm confused as to what I need to purchase.

Anyone care to point me in the direction? I'm based in UK.

Thanks

I wrote this lengthy recommendation for a UK member recently. Unfortunately he found vaping wasn't for him so you could try sending him a PM to see if his stuff is still available as he was looking to sell it. It's a fantastic deal for someone looking to start.

Jack_AG

Banned
So I will be taking a dive into the Joye 510-T after much research. Lots of people love those things... now... my one question is...

Manual or automatic? I don't like the idea of pressing a button to run with my cig. I can get a great deal on a starter kit but it's auto - I can always upgrade the battery to manual at a later date if I choose/have issues.

I hear about 50/50 from both camps on pros/cons. I would just be afraid that I might accidentally hit the button when its in my pocket.

I would just be afraid that I might accidentally hit the button when its in my pocket.
Shouldn't be a problem. Most Ego batteries can be turned off by pressing the button 5 times. You then have to press 5 times to turn it back on, ensuring accidental presses won't do anything.

I like manual. Sometimes I need to fire up the atomizer without me using it, such as to get rid of excess juice on a dripping atomizer or to burn off water after a cleaning.

surrogate

So I will be taking a dive into the Joye 510-T after much research. Lots of people love those things... now... my one question is...

Manual or automatic? I don't like the idea of pressing a button to run with my cig. I can get a great deal on a starter kit but it's auto - I can always upgrade the battery to manual at a later date if I choose/have issues.

I hear about 50/50 from both camps on pros/cons. I would just be afraid that I might accidentally hit the button when its in my pocket.

I prefer manual. I find it easier to get a nice full hit. I don't know about the 510-T, but ego batteries have a 5 click shutoff if you are worried about it accidentally engaging in your pocket.

Jack_AG

Banned
Shouldn't be a problem. Most Ego batteries can be turned off by pressing the button 5 times. You then have to press 5 times to turn it back on, ensuring accidental presses won't do anything.

I like manual. Sometimes I need to fire up the atomizer without me using it, such as to get rid of excess juice on a dripping atomizer or to burn off water after a cleaning.

It's not an ego - just a 510 tank. I did find a nice 1000mAH pass-thru battery for the ego that does attach to the 510 atty (from what I am reading they are interchangeable).

DaFish

Provari V2 on the way... going to have to use the Vivi Nova for the time being until I can get my hands on a Z-Atty Pro.

Thinking about making some SS mesh wicks for the Vivi Nova, let you know how that goes.

Edit: Is anyone a Verified member over at ECF? trying to work my way up to 20 posts if someone could vouch for me over their. Let me know

Broseybrose

I found a place that sells what i believe to be the same product. Theyre in the post now. Will report back on how well they work.

http://www.discountvapers.com/ce3-5-pack/

Oh jeez they only have 1 left in stock now. :/

Still discountvapers.com seems like a great vendor. They have a ton of the latest equipment at good prices. I would add them to the trusted vendors unless there ends up being some problem.

I can't say it was the best/easiest experience unfortunately. Sunday afternoon I got all the way through the purchasing process and received an order confirmation. I'm like scooooooooore! Tuesday morning I look to see if I had an order shipped e-mail.....nope. Read more closely -- I had to get TWO e-mails for "true" order confirmation. Fuuu......and I missed out on the Veteran's Day 15% and free shipping discounts....wack.

ok so after reading up a bit on beginner shit i've decided its either gonna be the kr808 or the 510 starter kits...

which one is better? i want something that looks like the real thing, but i also want a strong taste...

and has anybody got any good uk links for these 2 kits?

ok so after reading up a bit on beginner shit i've decided its either gonna be the kr808 or the 510 starter kits...

which one is better? i want something that looks like the real thing, but i also want a strong taste...

From what I've read, you should be fine flavor wise with those -- the battery life is what is going to annoy you. I've only owned 510 products, but 808 is popular too.....so I'd say 510, ha.

They both are so popular that they have connectors/adapters to connect one type to another.

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=43

Liberty Flights has an UK base. Don't know how quick the U.K.'s operation is, but I'm in the U.S. on the East Coast and they ship extremely quickly from the West Coast.

Broseybrose

Can i please just suggest that you skip to an ego style battery? Youll pay the same price, one battery will last 2 hours, and the KGO batteries will last 12 hours.

Here is a link to a great KGO starter kit -https://www.hoosierecig.com/V2-KGO-Kit-1100mAh_p_367.html

Anyone know how long coils should last in the Vivi Nova? How do I know it's done? Just when it stops working?

Pretty much when you KNOW its not producing the same vapor it used to.

When I first started I was concerned with how those ego batteries looked. I now have a couple 650mah ego batteries. I'm a woman with small hands and it fits just fine. No, you probably won't be able to have this hanging from your mouth like a traditional cigarette. But it's not anywhere the size I thought it was, it's actually very manageable and looks more like a smaller cigar as opposed to a tube in your hands. And you wouldn't have to run to a charger every half hour to hour with the ego battery.

The kit Brosey linked is a VERY good value; they only had crazy colors when I was looking to purchase so I had to go elsewhere and pay much more for less. This one is 1100mah, which translates to like 11 hours of life, which is great. It is longer, though, if you can stand that.

Broseybrose

No, its not that much larger. Yes, youll have to get a drip tip most likely, thats just the way most people vape. We put drip tips on everything.

If you look closely at the kit i linked you to, besides the 2 1100mah batteries, you get 2 clearomizers with drip tips already built in. Theyre essentially just mouthpieces. You take them off when filling.

As others have said, if you're looking for strong taste and quality battery life the ones that look like cigarettes won't cut it. I have an Ego Twist and you'll get used to the size, it's smaller than you think and the devices you put on top are usually the size of a cig, or taper to a drip-tip that is about the size of the small e-cig tips. Ego batteries are almost exactly the width of a AA battery if you want something to compare them too.

If you simply must get something small and light, I recommend this kit (get the spare battery too). It looks like a cigarette, but the storage box has a battery in that will charge it about 5 times. I won one of these last week and it's really handy when out and about but the battery will die quickly (which is why it's good to have a spare to rotate them) and the vapour/flavour production is quite a bit muted unless you're smoking something strong like a menthol.

Otherwise here's my recommendation for a UK beginner. Or if you want something like the KGO kit (I'm not sure they're available in the UK) this Riva one should be almost identical.

Broseybrose

@InaudibleWhispa - The guy wants something small and you recommend an eGo twist? 2 extra inches of length just for Variable Voltage? And for his very first vape purchase? Why?

@SmellyTramp - Dont let this guy confuse you. Just get the KGo kit - Its the perfect stating point for the perfect price. I call it a starting point, though i did just order one of these kits recently (for the batteries). Its perfect for what youre looking for. Its more than good enough to get you off cigs once you find a juice you really like.

Jack_AG

Banned
So after more research im hearing the ego-t likes to burn juice after a pull leaving a shitty taste. Anyone else experience this?

Tis why I was thinking of the 510-t with a 1000mAH pass-thru

Thoughts?

DietRob

So after more research im hearing the ego-t likes to burn juice after a pull leaving a shitty taste. Anyone else experience this?

Tis why I was thinking of the 510-t with a 1000mAH pass-thru

Thoughts?

Don't let all of the terminology bog you down. All you are doing is buying 510 batteries and a charger. It's your choice once you have the batteries if you want to use cartridges, tanks, or drips, clearomizers, ect.

That said I did not like tanks at all. I did get that sensation that you are describing of getting a 'burnt hit' and they do not produce nearly the amount of vapor or throat hit that a atomizer and drip tip does. It's not super convenient to have to drip 3 drops onto the atomizer each time you want to use it but it tastes the best IMO.

Most people tend to go with cartridges. They are a nice middle ground between tanks and drips.

Top Bottom