• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

surrogate

So after more research im hearing the ego-t likes to burn juice after a pull leaving a shitty taste. Anyone else experience this?

Tis why I was thinking of the 510-t with a 1000mAH pass-thru

Thoughts?

Don't bother with tanks, they are nothing but a hassle. They will leak, usually at the worst possible time. Get a few packs of basic cartomizers for regular usage, and experiment with the various clearomizers if you are so inclined.

@InaudibleWhispa - The guy wants something small and you recommend an eGo twist? 2 extra inches of length just for Variable Voltage? And for his very first vape purchase? Why?

My Ego Twist is the exact same size as my friends normal Ego. It's only really long if you get the biggest battery, but I don't consider that necessary as mine lasts me all day. I guess it is if you chain vape. Here's my twist next to a small cig-sized device and a standard Ego battery. Granted a standard Ego gives better battery to length ratio, but I'd take the VV advantage any day.

y2vzZ.jpg

As for Variable Voltage, why not is a better question? It isn't exactly more complicated nor more expensive and in fact I find it helps beginners (it was my first battery) because you don't have to worry about all the various devices which have different sweet spots. Boge carto's, CE3's, Vision Ego's, Vivi Novas, LR dripping atty are all perfect for me between 3.6 and 4.2 volts. I didn't have to fuss with looking up ohms and the right device, if it tasted burnt or wrong I just turned the voltage up or down. The twist is by far the best beginner battery in my opinion, and just one of the best cheap batteries in general.

It's also one of three batteries I recommended, including the Riva kit which is essentially the KGo kit as far as I know. The kit you're recommending isn't available in the UK on the sites I use at least and the rest of my advice applies to any battery he buys.

daw840

I had this Vivi Nova tank for quite a while now and was using the 2.1 (?) ohm resistor and I didn't really like it. It was just OK. I just put the 2.8 ohm resistor in it and my Ego twist battery and cranked that bitch up to a little over 4 volts. Damn, this is much better.

DaFish

I had this Vivi Nova tank for quite a while now and was using the 2.1 (?) ohm resistor and I didn't really like it. It was just OK. I just put the 2.8 ohm resistor in it and my Ego twist battery and cranked that bitch up to a little over 4 volts. Damn, this is much better.

Been using the 2.8's almost exclusively, just remember to tip your nova's folks

Zeth

Vivi Novas have been eating up heads way too fast lately. Need to get some regular XXL boge 2.0 cartos. Anyone recommend a vendor for stuff like that? I used to order them from Hoosier and Avid, or whoever I was ordering juice from.

Edit: Is anyone a Verified member over at ECF? trying to work my way up to 20 posts if someone could vouch for me over their. Let me know

I'm verified, PM me your username if you still need someone.

Sullichin

A GAF topic for everything huh? Just recently got an eonsmoke. Seems to fit the bill: cheap, rechargable, and I get a good amount of vapor. I see you guys are talking about much more expensive/high quality ones but this is good for me for now. I'm not a heavy smoker at all, I'm more into Hookah and the satisfaction of blowing out "smoke". I'm getting a crazy buzz from this because I'm not used to smoking, I need to restrain myself lol. Maybe I will try the non-nicotine atomizers. Or maybe I've already fucked myself into a nicotine addiction. *puffs*

TheExodu5

Banned
Don't let all of the terminology bog you down. All you are doing is buying 510 batteries and a charger. It's your choice once you have the batteries if you want to use cartridges, tanks, or drips, clearomizers, ect.

That said I did not like tanks at all. I did get that sensation that you are describing of getting a 'burnt hit' and they do not produce nearly the amount of vapor or throat hit that a atomizer and drip tip does. It's not super convenient to have to drip 3 drops onto the atomizer each time you want to use it but it tastes the best IMO.

Most people tend to go with cartridges. They are a nice middle ground between tanks and drips.

I'm using a 1.8ohm head in my Vivi Nova 2.5 with a mix of 30/70PG and 100VG (so 65/35PG I guess?). Tons of vapor.

DaFish

Vivi Novas have been eating up heads way too fast lately. Need to get some regular XXL boge 2.0 cartos. Anyone recommend a vendor for stuff like that? I used to order them from Hoosier and Avid, or whoever I was ordering juice from.

I'm verified, PM me your username if you still need someone.

My want to stay away from BOGE for a while... watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tTxOfiJ_OA&feature=plcp

PM sent by the way.

TheExodu5

Banned
Question re cartomizers. I'm happy with my Vivi Nova, but I'll try out a decent carto to compare. How do you know how full it is, and how do you change to another flavor? How long do they last? And what's the best carto to buy? People seem to be recommending the Phoenix, but I can't find em.

DaFish

Question re cartomizers. I'm happy with my Vivi Nova, but I'll try out a decent carto to compare. How do you know how full it is, and how do you change to another flavor? How long do they last?

Cartos for the most part are disposable. You can clean them (boiling water and letting dry for a day).

You just slowly drip juice into the top wicking material until it will not take anymore and starts leaking out the bottom (then just blow the excess into a paper towel).

You could try one of the clear cartomizers which is a clear plastic rather then metal casing, so you can actually see the juice filling up.

I really like these from Ikenvape: https://www.ikenvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=STLH510C1.8

Keep in mind you have to be careful if you carry the clear cartos in your pocket as they are prone to just breaking off the connections.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah flavor was feeling really muted in my Vivi Nova. Been vaping Frozen Apple, which is apple and menthol. It was great at first but now all I've been tasting is menthol. Tried refilling it to no avail. I think the menthol was somehow staying in the wicks and was saturating them, preventing the apple from coming through. Gave it a solid wash under warm water. Vaping Butter Rum now and the flavor is super intense again.

edit: I need to stop vaping a bit heh...this 18mg stuff is way too habit forming to my non regularly smoking self. Should be getting my 6mg stuff tomorrow so hopefully I can adapt easily enough.

edit2: yeah I'm starting to get a burnt taste off my Nova head now. :(

Ordered the Phoenix from here:
http://www.vapingthings.com/CE3_XL_...AROMISERS,_4_RES_LEVELS/p1311952_7225750.aspx

Free shipping it seems...hopefully it actually gets to Canada.

Broseybrose

Don't let all of the terminology bog you down. All you are doing is buying 510 batteries and a charger. It's your choice once you have the batteries if you want to use cartridges, tanks, or drips, clearomizers, ect.

That said I did not like tanks at all. I did get that sensation that you are describing of getting a 'burnt hit' and they do not produce nearly the amount of vapor or throat hit that a atomizer and drip tip does. It's not super convenient to have to drip 3 drops onto the atomizer each time you want to use it but it tastes the best IMO.

Most people tend to go with cartridges. They are a nice middle ground between tanks and drips.

NOBODY uses cartridges anymore, sorry. The days of filler are over. These days most vapers are either dripping into a bridgeless atty and/or enjoying a Vision-style or Phoenix Style clearomizers and/or vivi style tanks.

Seriously watch any recent vape youtube video and its all tanks and clearos. And atty dripping will be a standby method for the foreseeable future imo.

DaFish

Yeah flavor was feeling really muted in my Vivi Nova. Been vaping Frozen Apple, which is apple and menthol. It was great at first but now all I've been tasting is menthol. Tried refilling it to no avail. I think the menthol was somehow staying in the wicks and was saturating them, preventing the apple from coming through. Gave it a solid wash under warm water. Vaping Butter Rum now and the flavor is super intense again.

edit: I need to stop vaping a bit heh...this 18mg stuff is way too habit forming to my non regularly smoking self. Should be getting my 6mg stuff tomorrow so hopefully I can adapt easily enough.

edit2: yeah I'm starting to get a burnt taste off my Nova head now. :(

Ordered the Phoenix from here:
http://www.vapingthings.com/CE3_XL_...AROMISERS,_4_RES_LEVELS/p1311952_7225750.aspx

Free shipping it seems...hopefully it actually gets to Canada.

I have zero knowledge on that phoenix, seems to be an upside down vivi nova?

TheExodu5

Banned
Think the Phoenix can vape pure VG? So far I've been doing a mix of 30/70PG and 100VG because the Nova can't actually wick pure VG. If not, I should be able to just take half and half into the syringe, shake it a bit, then fill up the Phoenix?

Broseybrose

Think the Phoenix can vape pure VG? So far I've been doing a mix of 30/70PG and 100VG because the Nova can't actually wick pure VG. If not, I should be able to just take half and half into the syringe, shake it a bit, then fill up the Phoenix?

Sure they can. Ive been vaping AVE Blend 4 100%VG in the Phoenix clearos for weeks with no difference from 50/50 or 70/30. The beauty of bottom coil...

daw840

One thing I noticed with my Vivi is mine is metal. All of the others I've seen are plastic.

Also, anyone know how far you can go with VG liquid proportions with the nova?

Canuck here, I'm fairly new on the ecig scene and my first trial was not great. Ordered some starter kit with cartridges that are disposable. Looked like a regular cigarette and the filter portion was the cartridge you would swap out. Problems were the "tobacco" flavouring was way too sweet and there was no nicotine. Deal breaker.

Any Canadian sites with flavors WITH nicotine? Seems like ordering from the US is a crapshoot at items getting stopped at the border.

What I would like is something that actually tastes like a normal cigarette say DuMaurier or even something american if absolutely necessary. Has a good throat hit and has a lot of vapor smoke. I would mostly be using at home so dont really care if it looks like some instrument from the Star Wars cantina.

TheExodu5

Banned
Canuck here, I'm fairly new on the ecig scene and my first trial was not great. Ordered some starter kit with cartridges that are disposable. Looked like a regular cigarette and the filter portion was the cartridge you would swap out. Problems were the "tobacco" flavouring was way too sweet and there was no nicotine. Deal breaker.

Any Canadian sites with flavors WITH nicotine? Seems like ordering from the US is a crapshoot at items getting stopped at the border.

What I would like is something that actually tastes like a normal cigarette say DuMaurier or even something american if absolutely necessary. Has a good throat hit and has a lot of vapor smoke. I would mostly be using at home so dont really care if it looks like some instrument from the Star Wars cantina.

They certainly exist. Check your PM.

Anybody making a variable mini/stealth eGo style battery yet? Would love a shorty to take the the bars, but gotta have variable voltage.

daw840

Anybody making a variable mini/stealth eGo style battery yet? Would love a shorty to take the the bars, but gotta have variable voltage.
You know. I just rock the big battery wherever. I've been questioned a few times about smoking inside but I show the what it is and they're cool with it.

Pete Rock

The more anxious or pensive your body language when using it indoors the more attention you draw to yourself, so act like it's all cool and you don't give a fuck and nobody will think twice.

A shorter battery is a moot point because exhaling large volumes of vapor will be noticeable regardless of device dimensions or concealability.

Does anyone know the frequency in which GotVapes phoenix cartomizers are re-stocked? I signed up for their notification but was just curious if anyone here had any expectations.

I'm curious about starting vaping and I would like to only start when the items (kgo starter kit and phoenix clearos) I want are in stock.

You know. I just rock the big battery wherever. I've been questioned a few times about smoking inside but I show the what it is and they're cool with it.

Oh, I vape inside, my desire for a shorty battery is more about pocket space. When I'm at work or home I don't really care how freaking long an eGo Twist with clearomizer is, but it can be a pain to carry around. I'd love something I could put in my front jeans pocket without fear of torqueing the clearomizer if I sit down.

I'm sure somebody will address the market at some point. Something like this, but VV:

http://www.ecigcharleston.com/Visio...0mAh-Black-p/vision-mini-ego-400mah-black.htm

DaFish

preview

Finished the mesh wick in the vivi nova, fairly easy been vaping for 15 min seems to be breaking in a bit but I can already tell there is going to be none of that burnt flavor. Taste really clean I'm very happy with it.

Broseybrose

Does anyone know the frequency in which GotVapes phoenix cartomizers are re-stocked? I signed up for their notification but was just curious if anyone here had any expectations.

I'm curious about starting vaping and I would like to only start when the items (kgo starter kit and phoenix clearos) I want are in stock.

Im also on the waiting list. Its been out of stock for a few weeks already so i expect it will be very soon.

However, in the meantime i picked up a 5pc of these VOLT CE3s and a 510/901 thread adapter (unfortunately the VOLTs are 901 threaded and not KGO/510), and theyre just as good as / identical to the Phoenix. I kinda like em a little more? Maybe because theyre brand new and ive been using the Phoenixes for weeks and theyre starting to wear out? And the adapter is not a factor at all. Its all thread and super tiny.

Thats if ya dont feel like waiting.

Broseybrose

Oh, I vape inside, my desire for a shorty battery is more about pocket space. When I'm at work or home I don't really care how freaking long an eGo Twist with clearomizer is, but it can be a pain to carry around. I'd love something I could put in my front jeans pocket without fear of torqueing the clearomizer if I sit down.

I'm sure somebody will address the market at some point. Something like this, but VV:

http://www.ecigcharleston.com/Visio...0mAh-Black-p/vision-mini-ego-400mah-black.htm

Ever considered a lanyard? They come in tons of different styles.

I personally have never used one, but i would.

You could try here. It's where I get mine, and I believe somebody ordered earlier to Canada with free shipping. They're UK based though so I don't know how long the order will take. 1-2 weeks I'd guess.

Edit: It says in their delivery section "For all non-EU orders please contact us before your purchase to confirm carrier type and charge".

TheExodu5

Banned
Got some 6mg stuff today. Throat hit is perfect for me. I can take in massive plumes of vapor without too much irritation, but there's still enough hit for it to be satisfying.

Flavor is definitely way lacking though. Not sure if it's because I'm using high VG, or if it's the Vivi Nova. We'll find out once I get my Phoenix clearos. The liquid smells incredibly sweet (straberries and cream), yet the flavor feels very subtle when I vape.

edit: whoa, this double chocolate flavor is fantastic! 30/70PG...maybe that helps the flavor carry through as well. I'll have to do a comparison later.

I also love that with 6mg, I can take in vapor in my mouth, then let it out and take it in through my nose without any irritation.

Got some 6mg stuff today. Throat hit is perfect for me. I can take in massive plumes of vapor without too much irritation, but there's still enough hit for it to be satisfying.

Flavor is definitely way lacking though. Not sure if it's because I'm using high VG, or if it's the Vivi Nova. We'll find out once I get my Phoenix clearos. The liquid smells incredibly sweet (straberries and cream), yet the flavor feels very subtle when I vape.

edit: whoa, this double chocolate flavor is fantastic! 30/70PG...maybe that helps the flavor carry through as well. I'll have to do a comparison later.

30/70 seems like the best compromise to me for flavour and vapour. But flavours in general are very hit and miss and subjective. I've had highly recommended flavours that I literally can't taste and my favourite juice I discovered myself and is relatively under the radar. Finding great juices can be the most exciting/disappointing/expensive part of vaping.

Just bought all the material I need to re-wick my Vivi Nova with a stainless steel mesh. Pretty excited.

TheExodu5

Banned
You could try here. It's where I get mine, and I believe somebody ordered earlier to Canada with free shipping. They're UK based though so I don't know how long the order will take. 1-2 weeks I'd guess.

Edit: It says in their delivery section "For all non-EU orders please contact us before your purchase to confirm carrier type and charge".

Yeah turns out I needed to add 3.50 pounds for international shipping. Still not so bad.

30/70 seems like the best compromise to me for flavour and vapour. But flavours in general are very hit and miss and subjective. I've had highly recommended flavours that I literally can't taste and my favourite juice I discovered myself and is relatively under the radar. Finding great juices can be the most exciting/disappointing/expensive part of vaping.

Just bought all the material I need to re-wick my Vivi Nova with a stainless steel mesh. Pretty excited.

Let me know how the stainless steel mesh works out. I'm liking the Nova, but definitely feel like I should be getting a lot more flavor out of my liquids.

And yeah, I think I'm going to be a bit addicted to trying new flavors. I want to get a drip tip and atty to try flavors out that way, but I'm afraid I might go a bit too ADD and never stick with a flavor for an extended period of time.

TheExodu5

Banned
I am having a love affair with these new flavors. Didn't care for the strawberries and cream, but double chocolate and pina colada are both heavenly. 6mg is also perfect.

Any Canadians out there looking for solid Canadian distributors, be sure to try out Canada E Juice. Their prices are really good ($4 for 6ml, $14 for 30ml). Not only that, but for every review you make of a flavor you purchased gives you a free 6ml bottle of any flavor. Really great for trying new flavors.

ShinNL

I got myself some Ego-T batteries but they don't seem to do anything with my dual coil cartomizers. Anyone know what's up? Are they just faulty or am I supposed to have more add-ons or something? The same cartomizers work fine on my regular thin portable batteries (everything from the 510 series). I was looking forward to it :(

zE Go's,
zey do nothing!

DaFish

I got myself some Ego-T batteries but they don't seem to do anything with my dual coil cartomizers. Anyone know what's up? Are they just faulty or am I supposed to have more add-ons or something? The same cartomizers work fine on my regular thin portable batteries (everything from the 510 series). I was looking forward to it :(

zE Go's,
zey do nothing!

I do not have experience with Ego-T batts, but some devices are not regulated (ie: Provari V1) to handle the duel coils.

ShinNL

Yay, I got a reply from the seller. Apparently they were locked and I had to press the button 6 times to activate it: it worked! So goooood :D

Broseybrose

preview

Finished the mesh wick in the vivi nova, fairly easy been vaping for 15 min seems to be breaking in a bit but I can already tell there is going to be none of that burnt flavor. Taste really clean I'm very happy with it.

Great pic. What mod do you have? I like the steel/chrome look myself. I have 3 Stainless Steel EGO Twist Batteries (1000mah) and the cone to go with.

But yeah, very nice!

DaFish

Great pic. What mod do you have? I like the steel/chrome look myself. I have 3 Stainless Steel EGO Twist Batteries (1000mah) and the cone to go with.

But yeah, very nice!

Young June Lavatube v2 (bought local so I couldn't tell you where to get from) and Vivi Nova with SS mesh wick.

Hopefully I will have a Zenesis ASH II shipping to me soon. Will post pics

Broseybrose

Damn that sounds too good to be true. Can't wait to get em.

If you bore out your eGo cone (if you have one) ever so slightly, itll slip right over the Phoenix/CE3. Which is nice.

Drill is best method for this. Find a bit that fits and use the next size up.

Young June Lavatube v2 (bought local so I couldn't tell you where to get from) and Vivi Nova with SS mesh wick.

Hopefully I will have a Zenesis ASH II shipping to me soon. Will post pics

Yes, definitely heard good things about that Lava Tube... and yours has that fancy name and its V2, very choice!

I just want a refillable kit for $20 or less and something that doesn't look like a crack pipe. I want to fill it with vapors of my choice, not their prefilled vapor. Why is this shit so expensive?

EDIT: I'm done looking. I can't find what I'm looking for. All these crazy sites and starter kits don't let me know if they are refillable or need to be replaced with their brand. I want to use a certain liquid but don't want to use a crazy kit. If anyone could help by pointing out a simple e-cig that I can use then please let me know.

All this looking and frustration over complex models makes me want a smoke.

EDIT 2: After calming down, I looked again and found the 510 One from aquavaporcig.com for $29.99 with a %15 discount. I then ordered the Kamel Hump with extra menthol and Mister E's Menthol from the same site. Got a %10 discount from there too. So 40 bucks after shipping and at the end of the day (night), that's not so bad.

I need to quit as I'm starting to work out more and my shortness of breath is killing me. Smoking is the only break I get at work since I eat in my office and never really have time to go out to eat. Hopefully, this will do me some good.

Just tried AVE juices.

1. Boba's Bounty -- I like it very much. Not sure what I'm getting besides the graham taste.

2. Gorilla Juice -- Same as above, but with a hint of banana. Wasn't sure how banana would come through in a vapor form, but it's pretty good. I can see why people are going (ape) for it.

3. Hype -- I like this very much also. I taste peaches on the exhale. Peaches and some other fruit on inhale.

I got all three with the flavor bump, which apparently thins it some, which was great for me; I first tried dripping them, but forgot to blow out the new atomizer and received the harshest and hottest throat hit I'd ever experienced. Plus I was leaving for IKEA and dripping on the road, uh uh. Later I just took my time and put them in clearomizers and I was good to go.

Even though it was a hassle ordering from them, I would say I would definitely order again from them. The juices just seem......clean, I guess? Wish they had more fruit combos though, as I think I'm enjoying them more than any other flavor type.

Next on your list should be Craveloupe and since you like the fruit flavors also Strawberry Cooler.

Yeah, Cravelope was one I had on my radar, but dagnabbit my wallet and I were crying. I have to slow down with this stuff. I usually order at least 3 juices from a vendor because I don't want to pay shipping for 1 measly 10ml or bigger bottle.

I had Cravelope in my basket the first order I placed with them, but with the 13 dollar swing between discount/no discount and my general disgust with the way that went down, something had to leave the basket.

Broseybrose

Just tried AVE juices.

1. Boba's Bounty -- I like it very much. Not sure what I'm getting besides the graham taste.

2. Gorilla Juice -- Same as above, but with a hint of banana. Wasn't sure how banana would come through in a vapor form, but it's pretty good. I can see why people are going (ape) for it.

3. Hype -- I like this very much also. I taste peaches on the exhale. Peaches and some other fruit on inhale.

I got all three with the flavor bump, which apparently thins it some, which was great for me; I first tried dripping them, but forgot to blow out the new atomizer and received the harshest and hottest throat hit I'd ever experienced. Plus I was leaving for IKEA and dripping on the road, uh uh. Later I just took my time and put them in clearomizers and I was good to go.

Even though it was a hassle ordering from them, I would say I would definitely order again from them. The juices just seem......clean, I guess? Wish they had more fruit combos though, as I think I'm enjoying them more than any other flavor type.
Try Blend 4 please? For me? :p

In 3 years vaping its the best flavor ive come across. In fact heres my holy trinity:

Blend 4 via AVE
Sweet Caroline via iVape.net
Malty Toffee via Backwoods Brew

And I found a new flavor (for me) that is the best RY4 inspired juice ive ever had - Heavenly Tobacco by Heathers Heavenly Vapes.

Top Bottom