• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

ReaperXL7

My only real issue right now has been that my regular juice supplier (ahlusions e-liquid) has been opening a new store so their online shop has been closed quite abit over the past two months. I have a couple of back ups but their liquids have by far been my favorites.

With that being said I have been tobacco free for clothes to about 3 or 4 months now and feeling better then I have for a good long time. With my tastebuds coming back thanksgiving was almoost like a whole new experience this year. I don't pretend that this is for everyone, but id still recommend that all smokers give it a shot, my doctor commented on the fact that he has begun recommending e_cigs too all of his smoking clients.

Just been rockin my ego twists and vivi nova/ carto tanks and I've been pretty lucky that just about everything has worked well out of the box.

TheExodu5

Banned
I need to find a Canadian eliquid supplier that will do 3mg. I thought 6mg would be good, but I think I'd prefer even less.

I need to find a Canadian eliquid supplier that will do 3mg. I thought 6mg would be good, but I think I'd prefer even less.

If you've got a flavor settled on, have you considered mixing 6mg with 0mg? I think I'm going to get some 0mg to mix in with my 18mg key lime pie and try to ramp down gradually so that I can start ordering 11mg eventually.. and then vape more, of course.

TheExodu5

Banned
If you've got a flavor settled on, have you considered mixing 6mg with 0mg? I think I'm going to get some 0mg to mix in with my 18mg key lime pie and try to ramp down gradually so that I can start ordering 11mg eventually.. and then vape more, of course.

Yeah that's a good idea.

Anyways, found another vendor that will do 4mg and they offer double/triple flavor! A bit pricier, but we'll see. Going all in and trying a double chocolate with triple flavor. I'm excited. 50/50 PG/VG mix as well, so I'm hoping for some nice vapor.

http://www.mapleleafvapes.com/

They've got tons of flavors and options. Anyone try em before?

DaFish

So what's the big draw to it? It's just flavored differently? What does it have in it (besides nicotine)?

Yeah mostly the unique "full body" flavor (as the creator of it puts it) and it also leaves a little tingly feeling on your tongue as well. Its just really tasty.

I'v been chain vaping it this week... I need to switch it up a bit with some sort of pallet cleanser and come back to pluid again in a day or two.

Edit: Also the neon green color just looks really neat

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah mostly the unique "full body" flavor (as the creator of it puts it) and it also leaves a little tingly feeling on your tongue as well. Its just really tasty.

I'v been chain vaping it this week... I need to switch it up a bit with some sort of pallet cleanser and come back to pluid again in a day or two.

Edit: Also the neon green color just looks really neat

Sounds like absinthe. The fact that's it green makes it doubly so.

TheExodu5

Banned
Interesting...my one working CE3 seems to be fine today. Not giving off a plasticky flavor anymore. I guess it needed some breaking in or something?

DaFish, any update on the Z Atty Pro?

DaFish

Interesting...my one working CE3 seems to be fine today. Not giving off a plasticky flavor anymore. I guess it needed some breaking in or something?

DaFish, any update on the Z Atty Pro?

Im sure you are aware the Z Atty Pro is made specifically for the Provari.

Pro vape site says Dec, 15

This is the only place to get a Z Atty Pro: http://www.provape.com/Z-Atty-Pro-Rebuildable-Tank-System-p/z-atty-pro.htm

Zen also make a Z Atty U (The universal version that will fit any 510 connect, it just doesn't have the cosmetic skirt that goes with the Provari)

This is the only place to get a Z Atty U: http://www.310vapers.com/featured-products/z-atty-u-by-zen.html

Not sure about the date on the Z Atty U.

Hulud

Hey guys, I got my mom one of the KGOs from the hoosier website last month for her birthday. It worked great until a few days ago when it gradually stopped working properly and then outright died. So rather than get a new one my mom just...stopped smoking all together. She says she couldn't have done it without the ecig. She's already been three days without a smoke and claims to not even have cravings. I really couldn't have hoped for a better result.

Yet part of me is still pissed the thing stopped working after a month...oh well!

Hey guys, I got my mom one of the KGOs from the hoosier website last month for her birthday. It worked great until a few days ago when it gradually stopped working properly and then outright died. So rather than get a new one my mom just...stopped smoking all together. She says she couldn't have done it without the ecig. She's already been three days without a smoke and claims to not even have cravings. I really couldn't have hoped for a better result.

Yet part of me is still pissed the thing stopped working after a month...oh well!

Yeah, that's a big downside to this technology; you just don't know what durability you'll get, unfortunately. But congrats to your mom, hope she sticks with it!

I know nobody asked me to post impressions but here I go:

Here's what I got:

I received the 510 ONE MINI last Friday with 5 blanks. They even threw in a free menthol liquid. But I got my liquid from Mr E's Liquid online and it is so so good. The type I got was Kamel Hump with added Menthol and Mr E's Liquid ICE which is similar to the Kamel Hump but hardly any tobacco taste and more cool menthol. I've combined the two and it really taste like my Brand... Camel Menthol Silvers.

All in all, I spent about 30 for the kit and 10 for liquids.

My Impressions:

My e-cig is manual which I'm not sure I'm a big fan of. I read that it was popular but I'd rather just breath it in without pressing a button. Despite that fact, the simpleness of the 510 is really what makes me happy about owning it. It doesn't look fancy, or huge, or out of place. It also doesn't look like a fancy crack pipe. I didn't want my liquid to be on display either (although I can see the advantages).

So far, after perfecting the blend, I'm very happy. I miss flicking my lighter to light a fresh Camel with the crush bead but this is good. It caught me off guard too and made me cough! I don't see myself ever smoking again (I've only been smoking constantly for 8 months) unless I get really drunk but I think I'll have my handy dandy e-cig on me.

If anyone wants a link to what I ordered, let me know. Although I see everyone here goes for the fancy shit. :)

DaFish

I know nobody asked me to post impressions but here I go:

Here's what I got:

I received the 510 ONE MINI last Friday with 5 blanks. They even threw in a free menthol liquid. But I got my liquid from Mr E's Liquid online and it is so so good. The type I got was Kamel Hump with added Menthol and Mr E's Liquid ICE which is similar to the Kamel Hump but hardly any tobacco taste and more cool menthol. I've combined the two and it really taste like my Brand... Camel Menthol Silvers.

All in all, I spent about 30 for the kit and 10 for liquids.

My Impressions:

My e-cig is manual which I'm not sure I'm a big fan of. I read that it was popular but I'd rather just breath it in without pressing a button. Despite that fact, the simpleness of the 510 is really what makes me happy about owning it. It doesn't look fancy, or huge, or out of place. It also doesn't look like a fancy crack pipe. I didn't want my liquid to be on display either (although I can see the advantages).

So far, after perfecting the blend, I'm very happy. I miss flicking my lighter to light a fresh Camel with the crush bead but this is good. It caught me off guard too and made me cough! I don't see myself ever smoking again (I've only been smoking constantly for 8 months) unless I get really drunk but I think I'll have my handy dandy e-cig on me.

If anyone wants a link to what I ordered, let me know. Although I see everyone here goes for the fancy shit. :)

Good to hear, Im telling you after a few more days/weeks with the e-cig if you cheat and have a real cig you will be like "WTF this doesn't even give off good vapor".

Jack_AG

Banned
OK guys - just ordered my first kit! I'm rolling with the 510-T to see if vaping is for me. It was a nice kit with a few batteries, attys, tanks, multiple plugs, one free 30ml bottle of fluid and I purchased an extra flavor (going for chocolate/french vanilla for my first vapes).

I chose the 510-T since it is a widely used starter kit that yields great results for first time users and is inexpensive so it won't break the bank to see if I like vaping. Hoping this will help me kick the smoking habit.

If I wind up liking vaping I will be upgrading to a BFG and keeping the 510-T as my smaller out and about setup but kicking for a variable voltage ego style manual battery cuz it's awesome.

Thanks for the info shared with me the past few weeks, guys. Hope I will be able to kick analogs for good!

Jack_AG

Banned
So I should get my first kit in tomorrow - if I wind up liking vaping (i'm quite sure I will) - I have already researched quite a bit on a better setup than the tiny 510-T

I was considering going with the Vivi Nova Mini (2ml) and an ego 1000mAH battery. Couple of questions...

Should I go with the twist-style variable voltage? I have read mixed numbers in terms of volts from the ego-c battery - I was considering getting a pass-thru for easy charing/vaping on the fly. Some websites say 3.3v some say 3.7. I was going to be using the 1.8 heads on the VV Nova and some people say the sweet spot is right around 3.4v for the 1.8.

If I go to the 2.4 heads I might need a bit more juice from my battery so going with a twist might be a better option but I have heard good/bad about the "twist" end of the battery. Some say it's nice and tight while others say it spins freely. I can see this being a small issue when pocketing the battery (although quite large) - which is why I was considering the standard ego style 1000mAH pass-thru. Smaller in length, no accidental changing of the voltage, etc.

Also a quick ? about the VV - a few people say the plastic tanks threads get loose easily so a few extra clear tanks would be nice. I like the stainless steel tanks but not being able to see my liquid volume would trouble me a bit ha!

I searched for an STV mini but they only come in 3.5ml I believe.

Thoughts, suggestions, high fives?

Should I go with the twist-style variable voltage? I have read mixed numbers in terms of volts from the ego-c battery - I was considering getting a pass-thru for easy charing/vaping on the fly. Some websites say 3.3v some say 3.7. I was going to be using the 1.8 heads on the VV Nova and some people say the sweet spot is right around 3.4v for the 1.8.

If I go to the 2.4 heads I might need a bit more juice from my battery so going with a twist might be a better option but I have heard good/bad about the "twist" end of the battery. Some say it's nice and tight while others say it spins freely. I can see this being a small issue when pocketing the battery (although quite large) - which is why I was considering the standard ego style 1000mAH pass-thru. Smaller in length, no accidental changing of the voltage, etc.

The Twist was my first battery and I can't recommend it enough. As you state yourself, even just experimenting with Vivi Nova heads becomes significantly easier to hit the sweet spot (just twist til it tastes good!). Especially if you start getting into re-wicking the heads. Plus you won't stop with the Vivi Nova. Perhaps you think you'll be satisfied now but I guarantee within a month you'll be thinking "Well, maybe I should try out a decent dripping atomizer", "Oh hey that new clearomizer everybody is talking about sounds neat" and all of them will perform better at different voltages.

I have a traditional Ego battery as a backup, and there isn't any advantage to it whatsoever in terms of performance. Size to battery ratio is the only advantage, and the length of the Twist really doesn't concern me. Especially now that you're well informed about VV, the second you get a weak/muted draw from something with a standard Ego battery because it doesn't have enough power you'll be kicking yourself that you didn't get a twist.

As for the twist at the bottom being loose or stiff, I haven't had any issue. It hasn't changed voltages without me doing it once. I will say that the numbers and dots are tiny so it can be hard to make out what you've got it set to, especially in low light, but it's a minor inconvenience.

Jack_AG

Banned
The Twist was my first battery and I can't recommend it enough. As you state yourself, even just experimenting with Vivi Nova heads becomes significantly easier to hit the sweet spot (just twist til it tastes good!). Especially if you start getting into re-wicking the heads. Plus you won't stop with the Vivi Nova. Perhaps you think you'll be satisfied now but I guarantee within a month you'll be thinking "Well, maybe I should try out a decent dripping atomizer", "Oh hey that new clearomizer everybody is talking about sounds neat" and all of them will perform better at different voltages.

I have a traditional Ego battery as a backup, and there isn't any advantage to it whatsoever in terms of performance. Size to battery ratio is the only advantage, and the length of the Twist really doesn't concern me. Especially now that you're well informed about VV, the second you get a weak/muted draw from something with a standard Ego battery because it doesn't have enough power you'll be kicking yourself that you didn't get a twist.

As for the twist at the bottom being loose or stiff, I haven't had any issue. It hasn't changed voltages without me doing it once. I will say that the numbers and dots are tiny so it can be hard to make out what you've got it set to, especially in low light, but it's a minor inconvenience.
The twist it is! When it comes to variable voltage i'm looking at ones like the provari which can let you know what ohm your head is at. I already have a multimeter tho so i'm set with a twist for now.

I do plan on rebuilding atty heads on the Nova - already read up on the process and it looks cake. Definitely saves cash since they go from 2-4 dollars per head depending on the website. Which cuts maintenance costs down a LOT. I also plan on making my own liquids but I need to take it slow.

I'm giving vaping a good month to see if I like it before making the investment with improving my vape. The 510-T should give me a decent "ballpark" on what vaping is like. Only uphill with better equipment.

Thanks for your input! Looking forward to ditching analogs! I have my last 3/4 pack right here and will have leftovers when I get my kit tomorrow.

DaFish

The twist it is! When it comes to variable voltage i'm looking at ones like the provari which can let you know what ohm your head is at. I already have a multimeter tho so i'm set with a twist for now.

I do plan on rebuilding atty heads on the Nova - already read up on the process and it looks cake. Definitely saves cash since they go from 2-4 dollars per head depending on the website. Which cuts maintenance costs down a LOT. I also plan on making my own liquids but I need to take it slow.

I'm giving vaping a good month to see if I like it before making the investment with improving my vape. The 510-T should give me a decent "ballpark" on what vaping is like. Only uphill with better equipment.

Thanks for your input! Looking forward to ditching analogs! I have my last 3/4 pack right here and will have leftovers when I get my kit tomorrow.

Vapemail is the best, wish you luck

Zeth

Anyone want to recommend some juices? I'm used to paying $16-$20 per 30ml and it's getting pretty expensive, wouldn't mind some cheaper alternatives either. Preferably looking for something thin enough for a ViviNova, 70pg/30vg or so. Though I still keep a few 510 bridgeless atomizers for my favorite thick stuff like Boba's and Malty Toffee.

Jack_AG

Banned
Now I'm fucking PISSED. So I'm tracking my order on USPS.com and it says DELIVERED at 3:59pm. I was outside in the garage at the time and saw the mailman drive up. Nothing but the usual mail. No package.

It's now 5:44 and nothing. I'm fucking PISSED. Now it's time to track that shit down.

Zeth

Now I'm fucking PISSED. So I'm tracking my order on USPS.com and it says DELIVERED at 3:59pm. I was outside in the garage at the time and saw the mailman drive up. Nothing but the usual mail. No package.

It's now 5:44 and nothing. I'm fucking PISSED. Now it's time to track that shit down.

Happened to me a few times, usually shows up a day or two later. Very strange. USPS is nowhere near as accurate or reliable as other shippers.

Have you tried iVape's Sweet Caroline? It was my first favorite and its still in my top 3, 3 years later.

There's also a new favorite thats perfect at 70PG/30VG - Heavenly Tobacco from Heather's Heavenly Vapes. Its the best tasting RY4 ive found. And ive tried at least a dozen other RY4s.

I'll check them out. I've definitely heard of Heather's.

I second the Heather's recommendation. Their juices are made with care and it comes through somehow. They are also very reasonable re: prices. I find that steeping REALLY helps her juices. I may not love all the juices I ordered, but none were unvapeable or nasty either. Just not all day vapes.

Broseybrose

Yeah if youre gonna order from Heathers, I probably shouldve mentioned Dark Horse. Is the best sample of the 4 i got. Its a very honest, bold tobacco flavor. I like it, but find it a bit strong.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Just ordered one of these badboys.

FqdXL.jpg

daw840

So I've got two sets of the Phoenix bottom coil clearomizers in my cart. Do I need some sort of syringe to refill them?

Jack_AG

Banned
Happened to me a few times, usually shows up a day or two later. Very strange. USPS is nowhere near as accurate or reliable as other shippers.
OK - that settled my nerves down a bit ha! I k ow its not the seller's fault so no bad blood there.

daw840

1 x GotVapes PHOENiX™ REBORN Bottom Coil XL 1.5ml Carto 2.4-2.6ohms
(gv-PHOENIX-XL-2.4-510) = $11.95
1 x GotVapes PHOENiX™ Bottom Coil XL 1.5ml Cartomizer 2.6-2.8ohms
(gv-PHOENIX-XL-2.6-510) = $11.95

So excited!

Zeth

Just ordered one of these badboys.

I need one of these. I go through Twists like mad, and it's a major pain constantly rotating three of them once their batteries become less than perfect.

Any Heather's recommendations for non-tobacco flavors? I'll try Dark Horse. I like sweet stuff too, coffee, desserts etc.

1 x GotVapes PHOENiX™ REBORN Bottom Coil XL 1.5ml Carto 2.4-2.6ohms
(gv-PHOENIX-XL-2.4-510) = $11.95
1 x GotVapes PHOENiX™ Bottom Coil XL 1.5ml Cartomizer 2.6-2.8ohms
(gv-PHOENIX-XL-2.6-510) = $11.95

So excited!

So these things are getting good reviews. Maybe I'll give them a try. The Nova's are perfectly usable but I'm always looking for a new solution. I still think we have a ways to go with vaping tech.

But god damn we've come a long way from polyfil cartridges. Even punching carto-tanks 6 months ago is starting to seem barbaric :p

Jack_AG

Banned
So I called USPS and they said that my package was probably delivered to the wrong address. This pisses me off. I'm gonna try rolling to my neighbor's houses on parallel streets that share the same house number to see if either of them got my package.

That being said - I actually found a vaping store about 30 minutes from my house:
http://www.goodejuice.com/store/

I might run by there today to check out store stock, etc. Some prices are comparable to online pricing and some starter kits and other items are a tad bit more expensive. I'll be sure to check them out and give a review here on GAF of what I thought in case anyone wants to buy anything from them. If an item is a buck more expensive but I can pick it up avoiding shipping costs - then it is a win.

Obviously I check online pricing + free shipping first ;)

I'll keep everyone updated on the store.

Jack_AG

Banned
I've had USPS mark my package delivered and then actually watched them deliver the package 3 days later.

Ha! Well hopefully they get it sorted. I figure if I don't see anything show up by sometime next week I'm making a drive and buying an eGo Twist and Nova for starters ha!

Zeth

Anyone try these eGo mop head clearos sold by Heather's? Tempted to grab a bridgeless atty and some other stuff with my juice. Is their Vivi Nova a different version? It's called mop head and has a smaller tube leading up from the head.

DaFish

Anyone try these eGo mop head clearos sold by Heather's? Tempted to grab a bridgeless atty and some other stuff with my juice. Is their Vivi Nova a different version? It's called mop head and has a smaller tube leading up from the head.

got a link?

Jack_AG

Banned
BAM! Finally came today ha! I find it strange it was marked as "Delivered" yesterday but got it today. Oh well.

I also got a free 15ml bottle of Butterscotch - I asked the website owner what flavor he likes as a recommendation when I ordered and he threw in a free bottle for me. I also have Chocolate and French Vanilla (ordered). He custom makes his flavors to your specific mixture.

It was packaged in a bubble-wrap mailer and inside everything was bubble-wrapped and taped up real nice. There was also a hand-signed letter thanking me for my purchase and hand-written some other suggestions for flavors I might like when I asked him for a few "pillow-y cake-like flavors".

All in all it was 50 shipped for a new 510-T, 220+180mAH batteries, attys, tanks, chargers (2) and 3 bottles of liquid (15 and 2x30). Not too shabby for a starter kit.

http://www.mtbakervapor.com/ "bakervid" (10% off coupon) - for those interested. I will try the Chocolate and French Vanilla tonight and post my feedback - 70/30 and 18mg nic. Par for the course.

Re: flavors to try --

I hear sinful pear is good. I had blade runner, a vanilla/mint flavor. I enjoyed it. People on ECF LOVE the Tuscan chocolate and heavenly waffles. Mocha Java Smooth was just ok at first, but I really like it now. Oh and angel kiss is supposed to be good also.

Jack_AG

Banned
WHOA! Man I went balls out on my first pull - started coughing like the first time i started smoking hahaha! But man does it taste so much better than analog. I need to control my hits while I get used to the vape.

Fuck combusting - vaping is the way to go for sure. Next up: French Vanilla

TheExodu5

Banned
WHOA! Man I went balls out on my first pull - started coughing like the first time i started smoking hahaha! But man does it taste so much better than analog. I need to control my hits while I get used to the vape.

Fuck combusting - vaping is the way to go for sure. Next up: French Vanilla

I've just went way lower on the nicotine content and take really big hits. Much more satisfying to me. I'm vaping 4mg now.

Top Bottom