• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Jack_AG

Banned
I've just went way lower on the nicotine content and take really big hits. Much more satisfying to me. I'm vaping 4mg now.
Roger that - will try dropping down to 4-6. Get some more flavor for me. That first hit took my lungs by surprise haha! I'm coming from analog so my lungs weren't prepared for vapor.

Zeth

Re: flavors to try --

I hear sinful pear is good. I had blade runner, a vanilla/mint flavor. I enjoyed it. People on ECF LOVE the Tuscan chocolate and heavenly waffles. Mocha Java Smooth was just ok at first, but I really like it now. Oh and angel kiss is supposed to be good also.

Thank you! Will try a few for my first order.

Also re- vanilla: straight vanilla juice can be pretty hit or miss. I haven't found one I really like yet. Surprisingly the original vanilla I tried with my first Blu starter kit seemed like the best. Johnson Creek doesn't sell the flavors they provide Blu unfortunately.

Yeah I've tried a couple of straight vanilla and they weren't great. Vanilla Custard on the other hand is glorious. Incredibly creamy without being sickly or too subtle.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It was packaged in a bubble-wrap mailer and inside everything was bubble-wrapped and taped up real nice. There was also a hand-signed letter thanking me for my purchase and hand-written some other suggestions for flavors I might like when I asked him for a few "pillow-y cake-like flavors".

First off, congrats on getting your stuff. Secondly, you should get some Bounty Hunter from NiteLite Vapor, sold through LiteCig.

Just got the LavaTube 2.0. It's easily the best looking mod I own.

Jack_AG

Banned
Have some charging issues with my 510 - red light on charger stays on constantly and so does the blue LED on the battery - when I unplug the USB and plug it back in - light turns green. Unscrew the battery - light turns red and blue LED comes back on the battery. The place I ordered my starter kit from (http://www.mtbakervapor.com) was really cool and shipping me out a new charger for free. Told me to keep my old one as a backup. I vaped last night and killed my first battery until it couldn't vape and had it on the charger this morning for a few hours. It's working fine now on a charge just that damn light isn't being logical. Those guys have been real cool with my delivery issue and now this battery issue. Very quick to respond to emails - within minutes, usually. Anyhow... another experience:

Took a trip to a local store about 30 mins from my house to check them out:
http://www.goodejuice.com/

Really cool guys, super clean place, decent pricing. Tried a few of their home blends today and BAM!:

http://www.goodejuice.com/store/kryptonite-ejuice-p-263.html
Holy fucking shit it is amazing. Fruity, smooth and amazing taste. Lemon-lime ish with a hint of some fruityness - like a pixie stick.

I also tried their:
http://www.goodejuice.com/store/tootsy-roll-ejuice-p-794.html
and it tastes exactly like motherfucking Tootsie Rolls. I was sold. REALLY good flavor.

They can custom make your specific PG/VG mix if you like.

I originally stopped in for a few syringes and he sent me home with a free atty to drip test some flavors. I will be heading back to try more shit out next week but DAT FUGGIN KRYPTONITE... MY GOD!!!!!11111one

Jack_AG

Banned
Just ordered me a Vivi Nova Mini, eGo sleeve (for fit/finish to the eGo Twist) and contour stainless drip tip from myvaporstore.com (recommended in OP). Picked up my 5% discount with the code and voila! Looking forward to it :)

This will be my PV. The Twist, I believe, will be a great addition that will allow me to try new mod systems without worrying about sitting with a single voltage. Going with the stainless look for my eGo Twist, 1000mAH.

SUPER EXCITE!

Jack_AG

Banned
Hit the shop today and picked up some Kryptonite, my Twist (decided on black, 1000) and a CE4 Clearo to toy around with. Very nice so far. Waiting on my Nova which was just shipped this morning :)

daw840

Holy shit. Just for the new Phoenix CE3s in and from the very first pull the flavor is fucking fantastically better than the Vivi ever was. Not to mention the crappy Oakley clearomizers I was using prior to the Vivi. A immediate recommendation from me. We will see how their longevity holds up.

daw840

Plumes and plumes of vapor!!!!!!!!! Amazing. Like dripping without the pain in the ass of refilling all the damn time. Though I will say its a bit of a bitch to fill with the syringe and all.

daw840

I know this is a triple post....but I'm thinking about putting a recommendation in the OP that instead of a starter pack you just get the parts piecemeal. Any thoughts? I was thinking something like this.

Ego-C Twist Battery Get 2 of these, doesn't matter what mAh rating. The 650 will be smaller and more pocket friendly but won't last as long
Charger Just pick one, the ups and downs are pretty obvious for each charger.
Cartomizers You'll only need one pack of these.
The last thing you need is some juice! You can get a sampler pack from the same website that I've linked for the components, or you can place a separate order from the listed juice vendors here in the OP. Enjoy!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I know this is a triple post....but I'm thinking about putting a recommendation in the OP that instead of a starter pack you just get the parts piecemeal. Any thoughts? I was thinking something like this.

yea, starter kits are mainly rip offs you can piece it out for usually around $10 cheaper.

Yep, that's what I did and it's what I recommend. For the price of a started kit you can usually get the same battery's or better plus upgrade to better carto's and better juices.

Broseybrose

Holy shit. Just for the new Phoenix CE3s in and from the very first pull the flavor is fucking fantastically better than the Vivi ever was. Not to mention the crappy Oakley clearomizers I was using prior to the Vivi. A immediate recommendation from me. We will see how their longevity holds up.

I told y'all ^_^

I still drip, but rarely, now that i have the phoenix clearos.

yea, starter kits are mainly rip offs you can piece it out for usually around $10 cheaper.
Ive found this is usually false. Most starter kits are cheaper than the same two batteries bought seperately at the same site.

Either a vendor rips off or they dont. For example, lets say a rip off site charges $70 for a kit and $40 per battery, which are both rip offs. Whereas on a site that gives good deals, you get a kit with 2 batts and 2 good clearos for $40-$50, and its actually much more expensive to piece it out.

Zeth

Ok, where do you recommend I buy the Phoenix clearos? I have my last order of Vivi heads coming with my juice this week, time for something new. I have enough 510 and 306 bridgless attys as backup anyway.

I need to stop being lazy and branch out with new juice. Besides Heather's, I'm going to try some of the stuff being voted on in the ECF polls this year. Definitely Pluid.

My current trio of 900-1000mah ego-twists are starting to lose their ability to hold a decent charge, so I'm considering something like a Provari/Mini vs a new round of ego-twists.

TheExodu5

Banned
Got my new Phoenix clearos from gotvapes. Hopefully these fare better than my batch from vapingthings (only 1 out of the 5 worked). First one...so far so good.

DaFish

Ok, where do you recommend I buy the Phoenix clearos? I have my last order of Vivi heads coming with my juice this week, time for something new. I have enough 510 and 306 bridgless attys as backup anyway.

I need to stop being lazy and branch out with new juice. Besides Heather's, I'm going to try some of the stuff being voted on in the ECF polls this year. Definitely Pluid.

My current trio of 900-1000mah ego-twists are starting to lose their ability to hold a decent charge, so I'm considering something like a Provari/Mini vs a new round of ego-twists.

Its so damned good...

Looks like Murdock is ready to release another batch of Pluid this month so be on the look out.

either from 310 vapers or vapow. (get your name on the email list)

Edit: The links from the other post...

https://www.vapow.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MMRP

http://www.310vapers.com/featured-products/radiator-pluid.html

Jack_AG

Banned

How well do you think that DC will vape 50/50?

Also - anyone have thoughts on a 510 DCT?
http://www.goodejuice.com/store/smoktech-510-dct-tank-35ml-p-709.html
Was considering picking one of these up to try it out.

Currently I'm using...
http://www.goodejuice.com/store/ce4-plus-ego-clearomizer-p-708.html

...and hot damn it floods and leaks on my battery easily. I'm still waiting for my Vivi Nova Mini to arrive but I'm still researching new stuff.

When I find something nice I will probably have 2-3 of them on hand with different flavors in the tanks for quick swapping :)

I will pick up some of those bottom coil Phoenix from gotvapes eventually.

TheExodu5

Banned

Also - anyone have thoughts on a 510 DCT?
http://www.goodejuice.com/store/smoktech-510-dct-tank-35ml-p-709.html
Was considering picking one of these up to try it out.

Currently I'm using...

...and hot damn it floods and leaks on my battery easily. I'm still waiting for my Vivi Nova Mini to arrive but I'm still researching new stuff.

When I find something nice I will probably have 2-3 of them on hand with different flavors in the tanks for quick swapping :)

No issues with my current Phoenix and 50/50 juice.

Currently I'm using...

A CE4 style carto was the first thing I got for my battery too and it's also the leakiest thing I've used. It's the only thing I've thrown in the bin before it's died. My Vivi Nova has got a bit gargly from time to time with a tiny bit of juice found on my desk if I rest it overnight, but it isn't common nor a major problem and it seems to be with thinner juices.

Phoenix clearo's are perfect for having 2-3 on hand to change flavours given that they come in packs of 5 and are relatively thin. Also the most leak-free thing you'll ever use.

Jack_AG

Banned
A CE4 style carto was the first thing I got for my battery too and it's also the leakiest thing I've used. It's the only thing I've thrown in the bin before it's died. My Vivi Nova has got a bit gargly from time to time with a tiny bit of juice found on my desk if I rest it overnight, but it isn't common nor a major problem and it seems to be with thinner juices.

Phoenix clearo's are perfect for having 2-3 on hand to change flavours given that they come in packs of 5 and are relatively thin. Also the most leak-free thing you'll ever use.

Then Phoenix clearos it is! 1.5 is enough for a swappage of flavors depending on my mood.

Quick "?" for you - how do you "rest" your Nova? Do you leave it on it's side or sitting straight up? Just curious how I should be keeping mine when I get it. Thanks!

DaFish

Then Phoenix clearos it is! 1.5 is enough for a swappage of flavors depending on my mood.

Quick "?" for you - how do you "rest" your Nova? Do you leave it on it's side or sitting straight up? Just curious how I should be keeping mine when I get it. Thanks!

Keep it straight up if you can

The good reviews for the Phoenix clearos have caused me to buy a pack. Hope it turns out well. I love the Vivi Novas for how easy they are to fill, but they've been giving me a lot of trouble lately. Had to go through 3 wicks out of a pack before one worked. The other two were just burnt, even if I left it sitting over night. Weird.

Jack_AG

Banned
The good reviews for the Phoenix clearos have caused me to buy a pack. Hope it turns out well. I love the Vivi Novas for how easy they are to fill, but they've been giving me a lot of trouble lately. Had to go through 3 wicks out of a pack before one worked. The other two were just burnt, even if I left it sitting over night. Weird.

Have you tried rebuilding atty heads? If I like my Nova I will wind up doing this. My largest concern is leaking tho - this fucking CE4 is juicing up my battery like a dog in heat. I love the "bling" look of some of those tank systems - some say "no leaks ever" and with some that's all they get are leaks. Hit/miss but I'm not afraid to try some :)

TheExodu5

Banned
Have you tried rebuilding atty heads? If I like my Nova I will wind up doing this. My largest concern is leaking tho - this fucking CE4 is juicing up my battery like a dog in heat. I love the "bling" look of some of those tank systems - some say "no leaks ever" and with some that's all they get are leaks. Hit/miss but I'm not afraid to try some :)

The Nova will not leak at all. No worries there.

In some ways I prefer the Nova, in some ways I prefer the Phoenix. When my Nova was brand new out of the box with the 1.8ohm head, it was godly. The flavor was great, the vapor was incredible, and it just had this really high quality feel to it. With the Phoenix, the flavor is solid out of the box, but it feels like it's lacking in something....it feels a bit thinner, if that makes any sense. It also makes a lot more noise when vaping, and the draw doesn't feel as refined. That being said, it's holding up the flavor much longer. Also, it keeps up the flavor even when it's nearly completely empty. The Nova doesn't wick as well when it gets empty, and the flavor degrades as a result. My Nova head has also degraded pretty quickly. It's tasting pretty burnt now. Maybe that was a result of me rinsing and changing flavors without letting it time to dry.

Oh, and the Nova tip is 10x better than the one that comes with the Phoenix. I'm actually using it with the Phoenix now. I need to buy a bunch of tips like this so I can keep an array of Phoenix ready to go.

So I'm down to 4mg now. I have some 6mg stuff left and it's hard to go back to it...it feels quite harsh in comparison. I have some 18mg stuff left...I wonder how bad that would be now.

Broseybrose

I like the rubbery mouthpiece. Its bitey.

And i think i know what you mean by 'thin'. Its a cool vape; because the coil is at the bottom you get less heat in your vape.

I quite like the coolness of the Phoenix vape. Some of my sweeter dessert vapes get quickly sickly when they're warm, and I find them much more refreshing when they're cool. I put a porcelain drip tip on mine, I like the hard clatter on my teeth.

Zeth

Some new favorites from my go-to juice supplier Backwoods Brew. Nutty: one of the best savory/nutty flavors I've had. It's basically the nut flavoring used in their Honey Flue Nut, which I love. Definitely an all-day vape. Conundrum is pretty good too. It tastes like mixed berries with a tiny hint of mint/menthol, which I usually dislike.

Jack_AG

Banned
Oh sweet. 10 bucks in credit for doing a video review on YouTube for mtbakervapor.com - picked up a SmokTech DCT 3.5 v2 for 9.99 and a drip tip for 2.50. Cost? 2.49 :p

I've heard some nice things about the DCT so I figger why not. Hopefully it works well with my 50/50 Kryptonite.

TheExodu5

Banned
I quite like the coolness of the Phoenix vape. Some of my sweeter dessert vapes get quickly sickly when they're warm, and I find them much more refreshing when they're cool. I put a porcelain drip tip on mine, I like the hard clatter on my teeth.

I've lost two drip tips on my Phoenix now. They don't stay on very well since the Phoenix is plastic and malleable. I lose them when I put it in my pocket.

Just made my second SS wick for my Vivi Nova. Much better than the first, great taste off the bat. I have no idea what resistance it is because I left my multimeter on and drained all the battery. It's putting up with high voltage vaping without a problem though.

I've lost two drip tips on my Phoenix now. They don't stay on very well since the Phoenix is plastic and malleable. I lose them when I put it in my pocket.

Ha, I have to admit I lost my favourite drip tip on a Phoenix so I probably won't put one on unless I'm sitting down now.

I don't do reviews or anything but:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MikW8H-yAis

Every time I say "nice touch"... VAPE! I know, my camera sucks, etc. next time I will just use HD images and do a proper VO.

Camera quality isn't so bad. I like watching vaping/juice stuff on YouTube. It should be boring, but it never is. For somebody who has been vaping little over a week you seem to have a great grasp on all of the terminology already. I didn't have a clue what I was doing for the first few weeks haha.

daw840

You know.....I though the main problem with my ecig and the flavor issues I've been having were from the attys I've been using. I'm starting to think that this EC Blends site isn't very good liquid. I switched to a Boyle of dragon fruit I've had Latin around and put it into the Phoenix and it tastes shitty.....

Jack_AG

Banned
Camera quality isn't so bad. I like watching vaping/juice stuff on YouTube. It should be boring, but it never is. For somebody who has been vaping little over a week you seem to have a great grasp on all of the terminology already. I didn't have a clue what I was doing for the first few weeks haha.

Ha! Thanks, man. I've had a lot of time on my hands recently.

I think my taste buds are back; I can taste juices more strongly now and some I thought were good are not so much now. I also don't need food as spicy now to get great flavor. And I can smell again, thank the maker!

In other vaping news, I ordered a Phoenix rebuildable atomizer "made" for dripping. It's supposed to hold about 17 drops of liquid, so I'm geeked to try it out. Also bought a couple Kanger T3 bottom coil clearomizers.

Oh and stocked up on some additional Heathers juice.

Jack_AG

Banned
Quick question for eGo Twist owners... do you guys turn yours on/off a lot? Or do you just keep it on all day until going in your pocket, charger, etc?

DaFish

Quick question for eGo Twist owners... do you guys turn yours on/off a lot? Or do you just keep it on all day until going in your pocket, charger, etc?

Im pretty sure the "on/off" feature on PV's are just so you don't fire it when its in your pocket. Not so much to save battery life. So do as you please

Top Bottom