• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

TheExodu5

Banned
I think I'll order that.

I have a creme brulee / cooking torch so that should work well for oxidizing, right?

Do I need any other hardware?

Also, just put in an order for two Vanilla Cupcakes from Maple Leaf Vapes. Got a regular one, and a double shot. I'll see which I like better. They currently have a 35% off sale if you use the coupon code "santa". Not a bad deal. I haven't been too crazy about most of the flavors I've tried so far (brownie batter, double chocolate, and caramel banana are all lacking in sweetness), but vanilla cupcake is really fantastic.

DaFish

I think I'll order that.

I have a creme brulee / cooking torch so that should work well for oxidizing, right?

Do I need any other hardware?

Also, just put in an order for two Vanilla Cupcakes from Maple Leaf Vapes. Got a regular one, and a double shot. I'll see which I like better. They currently have a 35% off sale if you use the coupon code "santa". Not a bad deal. I haven't been too crazy about most of the flavors I've tried so far (brownie batter, double chocolate, and caramel banana are all lacking in sweetness), but vanilla cupcake is really fantastic.

That is all you need. I'll be curious to know your impressions.

TheExodu5

Banned
Looking forward to it. Seems like it'll have a bit of a learning curve, but hopefully all goes well. I like the fact that people say it has an airy draw...I should be able to do try direct lung hits with 4mg with that.

DaFish

Looking forward to it. Seems like it'll have a bit of a learning curve, but hopefully all goes well. I like the fact that people say it has an airy draw...I should be able to do try direct lung hits with 4mg with that.

yeah its great. I don't know that I will buy carto's ever again

TheExodu5

Banned
Hmmmm...I'm going to have to get my hands on a multimeter it seems, judging by the description. I have one lying around somewhere...but not sure where.

I'll just be running it off my crappy USB ego passthrough for now. Once I find a setup I'm happy with, I'll go ahead and get myself a Provari. The ego does have short circuit protection though, so hopefully I won't blow it.

DaFish

Hmmmm...I'm going to have to get my hands on a multimeter it seems, judging by the description. I have one lying around somewhere...but not sure where.

I'll just be running it off my crappy USB ego passthrough for now. Once I find a setup I'm happy with, I'll go ahead and get myself a Provari. The ego does have short circuit protection though, so hopefully I won't blow it.
If it helps I did a 4/5 wrap with the supplied wire and its at 1.4 ohm (Im not sure what gauge this wire is thou)

Zeth

When/where should I look out for that radiator pluid batch coming this week? Would it work in a nova if I use an aluminum tank?

DaFish

When/where should I look out for that radiator pluid batch coming this week? Would it work in a nova if I use an aluminum tank?

I have no idea when but sign up for notification on the vapow site.

Murdock said he is sending his shipment to other vendors (vapow) this week, so if not by the end of the week maybe next.. idk

Here: https://www.vapow.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MMRP

Yes the metal Vivi tank works well for holding Pluid.

Also keep updated with this thread on ECF: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...m/308392-mad-murdocks-radiator-pluid-161.html

Zeth

Thanks you! Ended up canceling my half-strength order (I think). Need the real deal. Wasn't aware it was diluted when I hurriedly placed the order.

DaFish

Thanks you! Ended up canceling my half-strength order (I think). Need the real deal. Wasn't aware it was diluted when I hurriedly placed the order.

I think that was a good choice... I know its prolly hard to "cancel" some pluid.

Murdock only makes 20mg and sends it to suppliers and then said suppliers just cut it with unflavored PG/VG to make it 10mg

This is from a poster over at ECF that got the 10mg from 310 the last time they had it

Left one is Full, right one is 10mg

e8yge9y4.jpg

So I was just told that the whole eCig thing might be good for my dad for Christmas. Would you suggest the option one thing if I have no idea if he'll like it?

DaFish

So I was just told that the whole eCig thing might be good for my dad for Christmas. Would you suggest the option one thing if I have no idea if he'll like it?

The problem with option one is it is an "ego" battery (its a bit larger then a normal cigarette would be and you have to press a button to use it).

If your dad is a smoker then start him on one of the smaller batteries that mimic the size of a normal cigarette and one that does not need a button to use it (just puff and it vapes).

If he likes vaping then option one is the way to go... then upwards from there :O

bitoriginal

Just wanna warn people against the sweet tasting flavours. I had a coffee one and started using it too much, I nearly doubled my consumption in the two days I vaped it. If, like me, you're trying to eventually quit smoking completely then I would recommend going for the flavour that tastes the most like a normal cigarette.

DaFish

Just wanna warn people against the sweet tasting flavours. I had a coffee one and started using it too much, I nearly doubled my consumption in the two days I vaped it. If, like me, you're trying to eventually quit smoking completely then I would recommend going for the flavour that tastes the most like a normal cigarette.

Funny how you (just talking in general) have to smoke a less desirable flavor just to quit smoking.

Broseybrose

Id recommend against those pen style batteries because they just leave you wanting more. You can get a KGO1100mah starter kit here for less than or equal price as a 510 kit. And theyre really not that big at all.

Also, your dad doesnt even need to be thinking about variable voltage, which is the only 'upgrade' option 1 in OP has over option 2.

I got KGO starter kits for both my parents (who are life long smokers) the year i started to vape. 3 years ago. My dad is the heavier smoker, and he goes through phases where he tries to vape more than smoke, but i just dont think hes into it enough. Same with my mom, though she recently said she wants to try a real switch to vaping again. They still have their KGO batteries and all i have to do is toss them some clearos. My dad uses a Phoenix on a KGO.

I tried telling both of them, who tend to let me handle everything, that they need to shop around and try different flavors until they can settle on something that they really enjoy, but theyre menthol smokers and i never was, so its a little harder for me to imagine what they would like... because i know the equipment isnt the problem, theyve just gotta find a juice.

Anyway, id say yes get him a starter kit, even though the switch may not be easy.

Jack_AG

Banned
For anyone interested the Smoktech DCT Carto - I'd say it's a GO. The flavor is still nice after 5 days but I will say the dual-coil design is a bit hit/miss with heavier fluids like mine.

The tops of the carto can get a tad bit dry as gravity keeps the fluid down a bit on the bottom coil so some discoloration is being seen in the liquid due to the top coil burning a bit. I picked up a pack of 5 single-coil cartos from myvaporstore and got them all in today. The box said 2.0 ohm but they all metered out at 2.5-2.6 without any DOAs.

Needless to say I will be getting the 2.5's next time since I do like these. All day and no dry issues with the carto - since there is no coil at the top it technically doesn't even have to be be wet - but right now it's just "damp" which is all it needs. Even if I have to put in 3 drops directly into the filler every day that's a small price to pay for such a clean crisp flavor.

Not a single leak, either. These things are solid.

I'll see how long I can make my original dual-coil last compared to my single-coil. The race is on.

Zeth

Does GotVapes sell any palatable juices? Placing an order and I'd rather grab 30ml of something there than make a second order.

re:pluid My 100ml 10mg order apparently went through and has been shipped so I'm gonna stick with that. Worst case, I'll sell most of it for at least $60 shipped I think. 20mg would put me in a coma anyway. I'm a major chain-vaper most of the time, lol.

Cetra

Does anyone here have issues with The Kick? I love mine but it seems every now again it keeps my Silver Bullet from firing, which is extremely annoying. The only solution I've found so far is to remove the Kick, then let the Silver Bullet fire on just the battery, then put the Kick back in. This occurred while driving yesterday and was extremely annoying having to wait to park to take some toots.

DaFish

Does GotVapes sell any palatable juices? Placing an order and I'd rather grab 30ml of something there than make a second order.

re:pluid My 100ml 10mg order apparently went through and has been shipped so I'm gonna stick with that. Worst case, I'll sell most of it for at least $60 shipped I think. 20mg would put me in a coma anyway. I'm a major chain-vaper most of the time, lol.

K, let us know if you like it!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Does anyone here have issues with The Kick? I love mine but it seems every now again it keeps my Silver Bullet from firing, which is extremely annoying. The only solution I've found so far is to remove the Kick, then let the Silver Bullet fire on just the battery, then put the Kick back in. This occurred while driving yesterday and was extremely annoying having to wait to park to take some toots.

Clean the contacts with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. Also clean the inside of the mod where the ground contacts the tube. If that still doesn't work, you can use some sandpaper and rough up the area where the ground contacts the tube.

Cetra

I suspected that was about I could do, so I did and it's still happening. With or without the Kick I've discovered. It must be something wrong with the switch itself. I've contacted Altsmoke, hoping to work that 6 Month Warranty. We'll see what happens I guess.

Takuan

Wow. Discount Vapes only charges $6.65 for USPS First Class shipping to Canada. That's pretty damned good.

Do they ship nicotine cartridges, however? I tried ordering a kit a few months back and was told by the seller that Canadian regulations prevent the import of nicotine cartridges, so I cancelled.

TheExodu5

Banned
Do they ship nicotine cartridges, however? I tried ordering a kit a few months back and was told by the seller that Canadian regulations prevent the import of nicotine cartridges, so I cancelled.

Haven't tried. There are plenty of Canadian sellers that do, however.

TheExodu5

Banned
Gotlinkz?

I'll PM when I get home.

Off the top of my head: mapleleafvapes.com, canadaejuice.com, capitalnicfit.com (moderate TH = 18mg, heavy TH = 24mg...both of these are very strong).

I can definitely recommend the Vanilla Cupcake from MapleLeafVapes and Double Chocolate from CanadaEJuice.

Zeth

Got my two bottles of Pluid today, have you gotten your's yet Zeth?

Not yet. Departed CA yesterday, headed for Philadelphia. No delivery estimate, so I'm not sure. Still need to order some non-Pluid juices before the holiday madness gets in the way too.
Pretty proud of myself. Haven't had a stinky since Sunday!

Nice! Make it another week or so and you'll be in a different place. The longer you go, the harder it becomes to go back. The analog taste just starts to seem more and more harsh and undesirable after getting used to vapor.

Id recommend against those pen style batteries because they just leave you wanting more. You can get a KGO1100mah starter kit here for less than or equal price as a 510 kit. And theyre really not that big at all.

I guess I'm just missing what kind of refills it takes. Since it's under $50, I figured I'd go ahead and get him an extra set of refills. That is if it takes refills. *chuckles* I'm so dumb about these things - especially considering I don't smoke so I don't know what to look for.

Edit: He normally smokes Marlboro 100s

Pete Rock

Nice! Make it another week or so and you'll be in a different place. The longer you go, the harder it becomes to go back. The analog taste just starts to seem more and more harsh and undesirable after getting used to vapor.
Definitely. It consistently surprises me how the vapor not only supplants your addiction but the triggers and feedback systems in your mind. I had been smoke free for a month and was hanging out with some drinking buddies who were lighting up and I said fuck it, I've been "good", pass me one of those.

I took about three drags and realized how disgusting it was relative to the dosage I was going to receive, and just how long it took to burn and inhale relative to, particularly standing around outside in the winter. Stick with vaping and you'll be unable to justify and return to your old habits in many objective ways.

I only smoked a third of the thing and I woke up the next day with that extra phlegmy smokers cough I used to have every morning after a pack a day/decade long habit. Another great reminder that only becomes more apparent with distance and time.

I still love a good cigar on special occasions. But yeah, cigarettes are completely off putting now. Especially the after/morning taste.

I've ran out of all of my favourite juices. Running on secondary juices until my delivery hopefully comes tomorrow of what has been reviewed as some of the best UK juices available (WavesofVapour.co.uk). They better not disappoint.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah cigarettes are really quite disgusting.

I smoked lightly a while back (mostly out of boredom and to relieve stress) and ended up quitting one day out of the blue. Any time I've tried a cigarette since it just completely disgusts me.

I started vaping beginning of the summer and haven't had an analog since that time. I started with a Joyetech EGO-C starter kit. The EGO-C atomizers last a long time but are expensive. I just received some 325 mesh from themeshcompany.com, and was thinking of using a SS wick in the C atty. The mesh Company will send you an extra piece of mesh with every order. What are some good cartomizers or tanks? I've been using Boge SR carts for a couple of weeks and have a nova tank that hasn't been used yet.

Broseybrose

I started vaping beginning of the summer and haven't had an analog since that time. I started with a Joyetech EGO-C starter kit. The EGO-C atomizers last a long time but are expensive. I just received some 325 mesh from themeshcompany.com, and was thinking of using a SS wick in the C atty. The mesh Company will send you an extra piece of mesh with every order. What are some good cartomizers or tanks? I've been using Boge SR carts for a couple of weeks and have a nova tank that hasn't been used yet.

I heavily recommend you try a pack of these Phoenix Bottom Coil Clearomizers. Theyre really fantastic for the price. I was a former dripper and now theyre all i use. The 5 pack comes with the correct filling syringe as well as a rubber drip tip.

The bottom coil design was the game changer that got me to switch from dripping into attys every 20 minutes. These taste just as good but with the convenience of a clear, filler-free, non-leaking, bottom coil cartomizer.

They work perfectly on ego batteries and they give off more flavor than any carto on the market...

Zeth

10mg Pluid out for delivery! I'm only going to be able to vape it in a 306 atty until my metal Nova tube comes on monday but I'm excited to taste it. Monday I'll have my first Phoenix bottom coils too, excited to try them out.

DaFish

10mg Pluid out for delivery! I'm only going to be able to vape it in a 306 atty until my metal Nova tube comes on monday but I'm excited to taste it. Monday I'll have my first Phoenix bottom coils too, excited to try them out.

f yeah!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I want to get 4 starter kits for members of my fam that I want to live longer and quit analogs. Anyone know of any good deals on bulk purchases?

I just picked up a Lava Tube e-cig. I love it. Used it all day and tried an actual cigarette while the lava tube charged and couldn't believe the taste. Gross. I see no benefit to smoking an actual real cigarette now. I'm a convert.

daw840

I just picked up a Lava Tube e-cig. I love it. Used it all day and tried an actual cigarette while the lava tube charged and couldn't believe the taste. Gross. I see no benefit to smoking an actual real cigarette now. I'm a convert.

Damn son! You went straight for the mod I see!

Good to hear, there are more and more of us it seems. It's catching on!

Top Bottom