• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Damn son! You went straight for the mod I see!

Good to hear, there are more and more of us it seems. It's catching on!

I figured if I'm gonna make the change I might as well commit to actually doing it instead of half-assing it and potentially dissapointing myself with below average results.

Love it so far. I am looking forward to trying more flavors. Pear and Blue Water are great, I can only imagine some of the other ones.

Glad i found this thread, me and the wife are now officially off analogs, thanks to these wonderful babies.

im atba month, her a week. It took a bit of prodding and a product switch to get her to stop. Started off with Blu cigs, and while i saw the light immediately and enjoyed them, she never felt like she was getting a good "hit".

Thankfully I came across recommendations for Firebrands Diablo Falcon (id post links and such but im typing on my wii u), got her that and finally got her to her to not buy another pack.

I liked the throat hit of the falcon so much that i bought one for myself too (again, never had an issue with blu but better is better). Battery life is great too, i can go two days without recharging.

Also, anyone else hate the term "vaping"? Just came across it. Just seems so...pretensious. I dunno, i do tend to irrationally hate words and phrases, so dont mind me.

Jack_AG

Banned
Smoking is called "smoking" because you inhale smoke.

Now apply the same methodology to vaping.

Pretentious? By definition, calling vaping anything other than is being just that.

I just got a new variation of "the talk" from my doctor even tho i told her i quit cigs, simply because i started vaping instead. Something about they dont know the long term risks, if any, and anti freeze being in them.

Thats gotta be BS, right?

daw840

I just got a new variation of "the talk" from my doctor even tho i told her i quit cigs, simply because i started vaping instead. Something about they dont know the long term risks, if any, and anti freeze being in them.

The anti-freeze portion is incorrect.

Juice uses propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, nicotine, and flavor all in varying amounts. Propylene glycol is what people think is in anti-freeze but they are confusing it with ethylene glycol, which is the main ingredient in anti-freeze.

The more you know!

TheExodu5

Banned

I mean, your doctor is right in saying we don't know the long term risks. That being said, studies seem to indicate that e cigarettes do not have significant amount of carcinogens. This study in particular quantifies the levels of carcinogens found in e cigarettes:

http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.ca/2009/07/comparison.html

Nitrosamine content:

e cigarettes: 8.183ng/g
Marlboro: 6600ng/g

In contrast, the level of tobacco-specific nitrosamines present in tobacco products are 300 to 1400 times higher. On a weight-for-weight basis, Marlboro has 1400 times higher the level of tobacco-specific nitrosamines than an electronic cigarette cartridge. And keep in mind that these represent the levels in the cartridges and cigarettes, not in the tobacco smoke or e-cigarette vapor which are directly inhaled. Because of the much higher temperatures generated in tobacco combustion compared to propylene glycol vaporization, the delivery of these carcinogens into the vapor is expected to be much lower than into the tobacco smoke.

That being said, the content of e juice is not entirely disclosed by many vendors and there are no regulations in place so it's important to buy from a trustworthy source.

According to Wikipedia Propylene glycol is used in antifreeze, but that in and of itself doesn't make it a bad thing. It's simply because it lowers the melting point of water. It's like recommending against using olive oil because you can use it as a fuel. PG is considered safe for consumption and is in a variety of foods and drugs. No evidence points to it being carcinogenic.

It's still best to look into your source for e-liquids. Many vendors are proud to source quality, safe and sometimes wholly organic ingredients and they wear it as a badge of pride. Keep an eye out!

Pete Rock

You can buy 100% vegetable glycerin, bulk or premix, and this is what I have found to be the best solution. I did not know it but the first few times I tried e-cigs the liquid was pg based and it irritated my throat in much the same way deodorant comprised of PG irritates my skin. 5 years later I finally tried again and looked a little harder at what I was consuming. However as stated it is readily processed by the body without largely adverse affects.

Innovapor UltraPure is in my experience the best premixed juice available. I converted after a couple months of experimenting with a few different flavors and percentages with bulk vg. It's hard to describe just how different it feels when vaped but the quality is obvious right away, even the full flavored versions are completely clear.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I want to get 4 starter kits for members of my fam that I want to live longer and quit analogs. Anyone know of any good deals on bulk purchases?

Jack_AG

Banned
Just picked up a Kanger CE5 with some extra atty heads and giving it a run. So far so good. The DCT has a hard time with sweet juices and the flavor tends to diminish/change after a week or so, however, with a non-sweet flavor like menthol - it's still kicking like mad.

Vaping a French Vanilla from goodejuice on the Kanger and it's pretty nice so far - lots of vapor and flavor.

daw840

I want to get 4 starter kits for members of my fam that I want to live longer and quit analogs. Anyone know of any good deals on bulk purchases?
I've never seen any websites that discount for bulk on starter kits. You may have more luck over at the EC forums.

daw840

I will have to try these, as well.

I've got it set up to email me when they are back. A buddy of mine was on this site a couple nights ago and they had a glitch where everything was 50% off. He got like 120 dollars worth of shit for 60. They fixed it pretty quickly though....

Jack_AG

Banned
I've got it set up to email me when they are back. A buddy of mine was on this site a couple nights ago and they had a glitch where everything was 50% off. He got like 120 dollars worth of shit for 60. They fixed it pretty quickly though....
I wonder what cart software they are using. If its provider hosted like BigCommerce, Volution, etc and its their bag - could be their problem, too. Otherwise if they are self-hosted running software then its on them since they manage the code at that point.

Sucks but good for vapers :)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've never seen any websites that discount for bulk on starter kits. You may have more luck over at the EC forums.

Thanks for the answer Daw. I'm going to head over to EC in a bit.

Can someone link me to those phoenix bottom carts everyone is raving about? want to switch it up from dripping for a bit.

I got a new batch of Phoenix (CE3) clearomizers recently and I've only just noticed that they're different to the ones I've had in the past so there are definitely at least two variations.
4OPfi.jpg
R7oEm.jpg

The one with the shorter bottom and the circular connection is the one I'm used to and have received in the past. The one that is consistently great. I've only tried one of the new ones and it was before I noticed it was different and it seemed fine to me, but I'm going to fill an old and new one with the same juice tomorrow and see if there's a difference. Out of interest TheExodu5 since you haven't had as much luck with them as others, do you have the shorter bottom or longer one?

TheExodu5

Banned
I got a new batch of Phoenix (CE3) clearomizers recently and I've only just noticed that they're different to the ones I've had in the past so there are definitely at least two variations.

The one with the shorter bottom and the circular connection is the one I'm used to and have received in the past. The one that is consistently great. I've only tried one of the new ones and it was before I noticed it was different and it seemed fine to me, but I'm going to fill an old and new one with the same juice tomorrow and see if there's a difference. Out of interest TheExodu5 since you haven't had as much luck with them as others, do you have the shorter bottom or longer one?

I've got a longer bottom one.

Cetra

Has anyone heard anything about the new Joyetech mod?

Review/First Look from GrimmGreen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSXLM7m31z0

Review from pbusardo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJiUeJvzG3c

Overall they both seem rather "meh" about it. That could be the version 1.0 firmware, but I don't see the raw performance of the hardware changing much with updates. If you never go more than 5.0 Volts, and don't prefer Variable Wattage (Because it's implementation here is rather odd) then it seems like an okay device. But there's better out there already.

And I was excited about the evic...oh well. I picked up a VAMO VV from Goodprophets.com for my first mod. Reviewers are pretty high on this thing, though I'm a little concerned about the size of it. Definitely won't be carrying it out and about.

The Phoenix Rebuildable Atomizer so far is wonderful. The draw on this is very airy; it's easy to get nic sick using this. The vape and flavor is insane, though I haven't tried rebuilding my own yet. I'm scurred and I need a multimeter.

If you can't get the phoenix bottom coils, I would recommend the Kanger T3. Sometimes it's a little gurgley, but it's nothing that deters the vapor and throat hit. And the heads are replaceable. Right now I have Boba's Bounty in it and it's fine.

I bought a few flavors from Heather's Heavenly Vapes.

Heather's Heavenly Tobacco -- good and sweet tobacco, thumbs up for sure.
Shadowfox -- Tobacco with a hint of vanilla, it's ok. Maybe with more steeping it will become great.
Georgia Peach Tobacco -- I like it, tastes like tobacco and peach. I had mild menthol added, not sure what that did for it though.
Black and Blue -- Blackberry and blueberry, thumbs up for this one also.
Cinful Pear -- Pear with cinnamon, eh, not digging it as much as I thought I would.
Tuscan Cocoa -- Chocolate, same as cinful pear, though my expectations for it were high, because a lot of folks were big upping this flavor.

I'm going to reup on the Alien Visions Juice I previously ordered. Gorilla Juice is great; thanks WhatRobEats for the recommendation. It really grew on me and I'm loving it. I've liked all 3 of the juices I had from AVE and am excited to try more, including Blend 4 ;-) (shout out to Brosey).

Jack_AG

Banned
Hot damn I'd love to have one of those o_O

I'd love to have a good tank system with SS mesh, period. Silica isn't too bad but it does bother my throat a touch. The Kanger (i dunno why it is listed as a CE5 when it looks just like a T2 on goodejuice) I have isn't nearly as bad as the Vivi I tried a few weeks back. After the "break in" with about 1ml the harshness of the vape is almost non-existent and I just get buttery smooth flavor.

But yeah - Z Atty and Provari... you're spending 350 bucks.

You're not just a vaper at that point - you're a fucking connoisseur!

DaFish

Hot damn I'd love to have one of those o_O

I'd love to have a good tank system with SS mesh, period. Silica isn't too bad but it does bother my throat a touch. The Kanger (i dunno why it is listed as a CE5 when it looks just like a T2 on goodejuice) I have isn't nearly as bad as the Vivi I tried a few weeks back. After the "break in" with about 1ml the harshness of the vape is almost non-existent and I just get buttery smooth flavor.

But yeah - Z Atty and Provari... you're spending 350 bucks.

You're not just a vaper at that point - you're a fucking connoisseur!

Put the Z Atty U on any old 510 battery and it seems like a bit better deal.

Edit: After getting my Zenesis Mod I cannot see going back to anything other then Genesis style atties... If you enjoy vaping for more then kicking a smoking habbit, its the way to go.

Wallach

I'm thinking about buying a starter kit for one of these for my birthday next month. Wanted to try one for a long time since I quit smoking; I always enjoyed smoking itself but the health risks were simply too great.

A couple different folks have recommended the Firebrand starter kit (the Cyclone or whatever, they don't seem to sell the smaller one anymore) - I've poked around a bit and it seems to have generally positive reviews, does anyone here have experience with them?

Jack_AG

Banned
Put the Z Atty U on any old 510 battery and it seems like a bit better deal.

Edit: After getting my Zenesis Mod I cannot see going back to anything other then Genesis style atties... If you enjoy vaping for more then kicking a smoking habbit, its the way to go.

Well I love vaping for the taste. I quit smoking on the 30th last month and haven't touched an analog cig since.

I've also gone down a LOT in how much I vape and I am looking for that perfect vape without dripping. I wouldn't mind dripping at home - but when I'm out and about, driving, etc - I'd like a tank system.

I'd also like a tank system with an SS wick - the idea of particles of silica wick in condensate (as found and photographed in ECF) bothers me some. Granted, condensate particles are much larger than smoke particles and can't get into the nooks and crannies of your lungs and the minute amounts of silica you inhale can probably be dealt with - I just don't like that idea.

Cotton "might" (super tiny quotes there) be safer - but burns easier than silica.

I would ultimately like to go with an SS mesh system. I love flavor. As I said earlier, I cut down a LOT since I quit smoking. I went from 1.25 packs a day to maybe 1.5ml a day.

What are some good Genesis style systems?

Top Bottom