• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

TheTowel

Bit of an update for me. I had been using the green smart living ecigs for awhile. They gave a good draw and the flavors were good. The carts weren't advertised as refillable but they can be.

Since they're like the blu brand, the battery is sealed with the atomizer. That means over time, the battery holds less charge and you're forced to roll around with 2 or more during the day.

Finally decided to get a decent vape the other day and bought the Atmos Nuke vape. Yeah, yeah, I should have ordered one of the recommended ones people use here. I got it for $50 less than the online prices from my local smoke shop. It's treating me well. Battery lasts long and it holds two refillable carts. I think there's an issue with the button on it. Sometimes it just doesn't work and other times it vape in my pocket. Should have a replacement within a week so I'll post if the flake button was just a fluke.

Wallach

My order from Good Life Vapor came in today, which was the last bit I needed to actually try this whole vaping thing out for the first time.

I've been a tad busy so the only thing I've done was fill one of the T3s with Melon Boba. My first impression was basically... wow. The throat hit is awesome. This is the thing I was most worried about, but it's actually slightly better than a cigarette in this regard.

As for the juice itself, it's really something else. The flavor is really reminiscent of cantelope to me, but crossed with this sweet smelling, slightly candied taste. The smell is the other thing that immediately hit me; this stuff smells amazing. Every smoker in the world has seen that look on someone else's face when they get a good whiff of the stick you're smoking, whereas this is downright pleasant. For the Melon Boba it's almost like a cotton candy-ish scent in the air that doesn't linger for more than like thirty seconds.

The only reservation that came to me after pulling on this a few times was that I could see myself really puffing away on this thing. It's not like a cig where there's a clear "you're done now" element, and with how much this Kanger holds I'm definitely going to need to pay attention to my nicotine intake.

Now that I have time to sit down I'm going to fill a couple cartomizers with the other three flavors I was sent and see how that goes.

TheTowel

^ Is there an on/off for the unit so you don't accidentally vape in your pocket?

Yeah, there is. Probably should use that haha. The button has issues though. Every now and then it vape on its own. Defect probably and I should get the replacement in a week.

Wallach

Yeah...I vape a shit load more than I ever smoked.

Not sure that's a good thing. :(

I wonder myself. At the same time, I've made almost no dent at all in that tank of Melon Boba, and I know the nicotine delivery is not as efficient as it is with a normal cigarette so I'm not totally worried about it.

Trying the Hooligan in a cartomizer right now, and it's got a nice light caramel flavor. Not tasting much of a tobacco in it, and somehow the sweetness of it is similar to the Melon Boba. Something about the smell, I think.

Got my Kanger T3 a day or two ago and I'm really enjoying it. I can't compare it to the T2 which some prefer as I haven't used one, but it's well build, fits perfectly on an Ego sized battery and it holds a good bit of juice (2.4ml). Much better than most other clearo's I've used and it produces more flavour and vapour than my Vivi Nova. A really smooth vape (helped by Rawr's Heavenly Sunrise juice which tastes like a lovely creamy banana milkshake to me).

Jack_AG

Banned
^^ Compared to straight-dripping - Kangers are the best, hands down. Shame that they use silica wicks and you can't use your own drip tip. My T3 was a bit of a miss compared to my T2.

I'm still curious as to how the Kanger design differs from the Nova design - no matter how I tried my Nova - it never tasted "full" like my Kangers do. The flavors were muted with stock wicks, cotton or ss rebuilt. Never got a good hit from one. The Kangers hit like a truck when they work as intended.

Cetra

I think the reason the Kanger T3 gets a much fuller flavor is the bottom coil design. It's constantly saturated. Where with the Vivi Nova being a top coil design you can vape most of the juice of the wick at the coil. Which mutes the flavor, and risks scorching the wick.

Thats my theory anyway. :lol

Jack_AG

Banned
I think the reason the Kanger T3 gets a much fuller flavor is the bottom coil design. It's constantly saturated. Where with the Vivi Nova being a top coil design you can vape most of the juice of the wick at the coil. Which mutes the flavor, and risks scorching the wick.

Thats my theory anyway. :lol
T2 blows away the Nova - both top coil. My only guess is the delivery restriction with the silicone cap in the nova - it funnels the vape at an almost perpendicular angle to the post - so the silicone head catches a lot of condensate on its way through. That's just my guess ha!

Wallach

The only thing I have to compare to the T3 is the Boge SR 510 carto, but my T3 is really working awesome. Doubt I'll be using much else for a while.

daw840

Do you guys carry that T3 in your pocket? My biggest beef with the Vision Clearos was that it would come apart in my pocket....which made me smell like eJuice..

Wallach

Do you guys carry that T3 in your pocket? My biggest beef with the Vision Clearos was that it would come apart in my pocket....which made me smell like eJuice..

I had it in my coin pocket for a while yesterday and didn't have any trouble. I think the tip being built into the unit probably gives it an advantage here; the only place the unit could come apart is where the head screws into the bottom, which seals tightly.

Cetra

T2 blows away the Nova - both top coil. My only guess is the delivery restriction with the silicone cap in the nova - it funnels the vape at an almost perpendicular angle to the post - so the silicone head catches a lot of condensate on its way through. That's just my guess ha!

Oh definitely. The Nova's biggest weakness as far as performance is the awful seal between the head and the top cap. It's leaky and ... And just bad. I'm constantly swabbing excess juice outta the top cap right under the drip tip. If they could get that to see better it would probably eliminate most of the condensate problem.

TheExodu5

Banned
On second thought, I'm glad I picked up the Ego Twist now. Seems like I'm having much better results with the Phoenix at 3.2V. The Phoenix is definitely not meant for high voltage. Even 4.0V brings out some unwanted flavors in the juice/wick, and the wick tends to dry out very easily. At 3.2V the flavor is great and I'm not having any wicking issues whatsoever.

Yeah, I carried mine around today with no issues. It seems very well built and so far is as leak proof as a Phoenix. Better than the Vision clearos in every way. I still haven't had a single dry hit.

On second thought, I'm glad I picked up the Ego Twist now. Seems like I'm having much better results with the Phoenix at 3.2V. The Phoenix is definitely not meant for high voltage. Even 4.0V brings out some unwanted flavors in the juice/wick, and the wick tends to dry out very easily. At 3.2V the flavor is great and I'm not having any wicking issues whatsoever.

Yeah, the highest I put my Phoenix's is 3.8 on a Twist. Some juices can go as high as 4.2 but not most. I bought a variable voltage pass through last week and although it's good, it doesn't pack as much of a punch as the Twist.

Broseybrose

I probably shouldve mentioned this as I noticed this as well. The first day i had my phoenix clearos i noticed that 3.8V seemed to be the upper limit; and that's for the 2.6-2.8ohm version.

Jack_AG

Banned
I have a hard time taking anything past 4v unless its. 3ohm+. I don't know how guys like GrimmGreen talk about 5+ with 2ohm attys.

That has to taste like death at those voltages.

But the twist? Very nice piece! Use mine daily as i'm still waiting for my Vamo replacement.

Jack_AG

Banned
^ True.

As for my Vamo - Smoktek.com isnt getting any good reviews from me. When I got my RMA and sent my defective unit back - they had the SS in stock. The day they got the old unit - out of stock - no update to my RMA status, no answer to my emails, no offering a chrome Vamo instead of SS, no "sorry about the hassle here's a coupon", nothing.

I have to wait 7 days on ECF to make an official negative post on the review forum before stirring up dirt.

Will try to shoot for a refund if I don't hear back from them by the end of the week. If they keep dodging my emails i'll fire up a dispute with my CC.

So I get a defective unit and instead of putting one on hold for an exchange they sell the rest off to people who purchased after I did.

Fucking A. I fucking had that thing in the mail 10 minutes after I got their RMA instructions with tracking and made sure to even email them the info.

FFS. What a shit website. Never buying from them again. I just have to wait for emails since they don't like answering phones and their "Live Chat" is always "offline" 24/7. I know they move a lot of product but they really need to step up for PAYING customers.

Especially when they have my money and I still don't have my order now after a few weeks.

Jack_AG

Banned
I wouldn't call it for just me. They do have a good track record for selling/shipping lightning fast but their service beyond a "perfect" order is horrid.

DaFish

That sucks... why the 7 day wait? Rules or something?

I bet there is a VAMO for sale right now in the classies on ECF so you can get the device you want and not have to give ST the business.

Wallach

Tried this "Magic Fairy" flavor today. Not sure it's my thing; it's a really heavy flavor. If you're into black liquorice you might enjoy it, but I can't imagine this could be something you puff on most of the day. Has some minor citrus to it and maybe something else mixed in, and the blend is very well done but it's too powerful for me. I don't think I'd even drip this because I don't know if the flavor would ever come out of an atomizer.

Jack_AG

Banned
That sucks... why the 7 day wait? Rules or something?

I bet there is a VAMO for sale right now in the classies on ECF so you can get the device you want and not have to give ST the business.
The 7 day wait is for ECF posting a negative review. They want ample time for a reseller to correct any issues before someone posts. I'm giving time, as well.

If I go several days without a response i'll file them under "don't give a shit".

Dunno what the issue is but another user on ECF had similar issues of not hearing anything from smoktek for a while.

Could be anything from email system screwing up, forgotten, negligence. I want to give them a fair shake tho before posting over there.

daw840

I got my package from GoodEjuice yesterday. Holy shit that was fast. This dripping is pretty awesome. I've only dripped the Strawberry Menthol so far but it's really really good. And LOTS of vapor!

DaFish

The 7 day wait is for ECF posting a negative review. They want ample time for a reseller to correct any issues before someone posts. I'm giving time, as well.

If I go several days without a response i'll file them under "don't give a shit".

Dunno what the issue is but another user on ECF had similar issues of not hearing anything from smoktek for a while.

Could be anything from email system screwing up, forgotten, negligence. I want to give them a fair shake tho before posting over there.

I see... I just got my Orion from 310vapers.com and they gave just about nothing as far as communication goes for the whole transaction. I wish they didn't have exclusives to some items on there site, I don't think I'm shopping with 310 again.

Jack_AG

Banned
I got my package from GoodEjuice yesterday. Holy shit that was fast. This dripping is pretty awesome. I've only dripped the Strawberry Menthol so far but it's really really good. And LOTS of vapor!
Aye. Their bridgeless are pretty good. Now i'm interested to try the HH.357 to see if there's a big difference in taste. GoodEjuice is a good vendor. Never had an issue with them. Always great juice.

EDIT:
Smoktek.com is finally sending my replacement Vamo. They only had chrome left so I asked if they could send me a chrome one. At least I know the chrome still looks nice and will match my chrome U-DCTank. The thing is I had to ask them - they said they were just waiting to send me an SS when they were restocked... without even an email letting me know I'd be waiting. Way to keep me out in limbo.

Well at least they sent it out first thing this morning. If I don't like the chrome one compared to the SS I'll just go ahead and mod it to look like a lightsaber and get an SS one when it's back in stock from somewhere else.

Hopefully this one comes with working buttons and without a leaning 510 connection.

Cetra

God I LOVE The Kick. Such an awesome little thing. If any of you guys rock mech mods that can take a Kick I highly recommend it. Variable Wattage rules.

GavinGT

Banned
I just want to thank the OP for helping me to navigate the treacherous waters of E-cig purchasing. I bought exactly what he recommended and it turned out perfectly. My only complaint is that the assembled E-cig is long and unwieldy. Also, the Phoenix cartomizer looks thin and dainty when paired with the eGo-C Twist battery. However, I'm more than willing to accept this because the vaping on it is so damn good. In case anyone is confused about what to buy, here's exactly what I purchased:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Twist_Variable_Voltage_1000mAh_Battery_p/ego-c-tstxl.htm

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_173&products_id=777

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=148_218&products_id=741

https://www.vermillionriverejuice.com/Six-Pack-Sampler_c_15.html

daw840

I have absolutely no idea....lol

Hey, anyone have any recommendations? I used an e-cig for a bit two years ago, and maybe the juice I got was bad or something, because I still got my typical super depressive nicotine cravings thing. So, any juices that actually have nicotine, and what are the best types of cigs these days?

Well, check out the "starter kits" in the OP. That's the hardware. I was a pack a day smoker and a flip flop back and forth from ecigs to analogs (mainly because of my lack of willpower and the fact that my wife smokes) but when I wasn't living at home I didn't hardly smoke any analogs. As for juice, you can get lots of different strengths. I found them satisfying.

GavinGT

Banned
Hey, anyone have any recommendations? I used an e-cig for a bit two years ago, and maybe the juice I got was bad or something, because I still got my typical super depressive nicotine cravings thing. So, any juices that actually have nicotine, and what are the best types of cigs these days?

I don't think you can go wrong with the recommendations in the OP. Multiple reviews back up this claim, too. If you need additional hand-holding, just buy everything I linked in my last post. It's absolutely everything you need, and those are the best deals you'll find on those products.

Watch this video if you're unconvinced about the eGo-C Twist battery.

You're very welcome!

I'm just glad to get anyone off of the analogs!

To make your ecig more aesthetically pleasing with the Phoenix carto (or any 510 atty/carto) use one of these.

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_138&products_id=598

Bought. I was looking for that after seeing it in the Grimm Green review.

Also, OP, do you know if there's a recommended voltage setting to go with the Phoenix cartomizers? Or is it just down to preference?

TheExodu5

Banned
I wouldn't go any higher than 4V with the Phoenix. My preferred is just the base 3.7V. You can go a bit higher if you take short vapes and don't chain vape, but you can dry out the wick very easily at 4V and above.

Wallach

I just started again recently, and like you I tried these devices a few years ago and found them kind of crappy. Here's the setup I bought this time:

2 x eGo Twists
2 x Kanger T3 clearomizers
5 x Boge SR 510 cartomizers
1 x Joyetech charging cable and USB wall plug pair

I got that stuff from a place called VapingMe since they had good prices and weren't selling eGo knock offs (they also have a permanent "REDDIT" coupon for another 10% or something off).

It's a whole different beast compared to the junk I tried back then. Honestly at this point it feels totally superior to the cigarette experience for me. The Kangers are like little screw-on tanks that hold a lot of juice, are extremely easy to fix up (I'm the kind of guy that doesn't want to fiddle with things much) and have yet to piss me off. I bought the Boge cartos to make it a little easier to try more juice flavors, but I suspect once I find juices I like I won't use anything but the Kangers.

As for juice, I've only ordered from a place called Good Life Vapor because they've gotten a lot of positive reviews and had a nice selection. They all seem like high quality juices, though I am not crazy about the absinthe-flavored one, and one that claims to be a tobacco just kind of tastes like caramel to me. One in particular though is called "Melon Boba" and it's just awesome; if you order one of their sampler packs, I highly recommend trying that one. It's basically a mellow cantaloupe and watermelon mix with a very tiny hint of milk mint. I basically haven't touched the other three bottles because of the stuff. That site puts coupon codes on their Twitter sometimes, I haven't seem them posted anywhere else.

The crazy thing to me is that the tech is at a point where both the throat hit and vapor are just flat out superior to a cigarette, and the juice makers have learned how to refine their mixtures to get some very precise results. I can't imagine myself ever picking up another regular cigarette.

GavinGT

Banned
I wouldn't go any higher than 4V with the Phoenix. My preferred is just the base 3.7V. You can go a bit higher if you take short vapes and don't chain vape, but you can dry out the wick very easily at 4V and above.

The ones I bought are 2.6-2.8 Ohms. Is this chart not a good reference for this? Because it says I can safely go higher.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sure you're safe, but the Phoenix dries out out easily. Feel free to try it, and if it works for your vaping habits go for it. You won't hurt it if you get the occasional dry hit. For my vaping habits I need to keep it low enough. I tend to do fairly big drags and I can dry it out on a single vape at 4V and above.

Zeth

Got a cheap variable voltage USB pass-thru and it's working great so far. Should really help take some stress of my batteries since I'm usually stationary during the week. Planning on a nice VV mod soon like a zmax or lava tube v2, open to suggestions.

Trying the Kanger T3 for the first time today. Was surprised to see they hold 3ml, is that correct?

Sure you're safe, but the Phoenix dries out out easily. Feel free to try it, and if it works for your vaping habits go for it. You won't hurt it if you get the occasional dry hit. For my vaping habits I need to keep it low enough. I tend to do fairly big drags and I can dry it out on a single vape at 4V and above.

I agree. The Phoenix's don't handle higher voltages as well as other clearo's I've tried, even with the same resistance. But it doesn't really matter because they usually taste better than most cheap clearos anyway.

Trying the Kanger T3 for the first time today. Was surprised to see they hold 3ml, is that correct?

Close enough. The marking on the side goes up to 2.6ml but you can fill it above that. Probably around 2.8 when full.

Jack_AG

Banned
Planning on a nice VV mod soon like a zmax or lava tube v2, open to suggestions.

I will be getting my Vamo today (hopefully) and i'll post pics and my thoughts. I've seen them from 45-60 online.

Handles VV and VW - 3 buttons (no holding/tapping to scroll through menus like v/zmax).
Hold - and you get battery charge.
Hold + and you get atty ohm.
Hold -+ to switch from VV to VW.
Hold - or + for 10 seconds to switch from Avg to RMS (RMS recommended).
Fire button clicked 5 times for on/off.
Will remember wattage if set to VW on removal of battery.
Will not remember voltage as a failsafe.
Single 18650 or dual 18350 in "long" mode.
Remove the bottom portion of the tube and use a single 18350 for "short" mode (stealth).

A lot of functionality from such a cheap device. Chrome, Gunmetal chrome or SS.

TheExodu5

Banned
I agree. The Phoenix's don't handle higher voltages as well as other clearo's I've tried, even with the same resistance. But it doesn't really matter because they usually taste better than most cheap clearos anyway.

Yeah it's actually great because you don't even need a variable voltage to get the most out of them. The stock ego is just fine.

Jack_AG

Banned
Man - shiny stuff doesn't take pics well with a flash. Crappy fone...

Click:

Loving it so far. Works great, looks good. The red drip tip is to remind me which end goes in my mouth.

Mine I think was the V1 spring - but it came with another V2 spring in the box and had the V2 post insulator. I just put that one directly in without removing the 1st spring (it was a tiny spring wound around the center post of the cap - the larger spring fits right over it) 2 springs can't hurt a thing ha! With the V1 spring - slightly loose battery. V2 spring - no battery rattle.

Really like how this sucker hits. FINALLY get to enjoy a VW device :)

feelsgoodman.jpg

Zeth

Vamo looks great, seems like a lot of bang for your buck. Definitely one I'm considering.

BTW here's the pass-thru I picked up http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_204&products_id=1270

For $18 I really couldn't be happier. Only drawback I've found is the gap between 3.6v and 4.2v which is where I tend to vape. Time will tell if it dies in a few days, but so far so good. This will be a lifesaver just to save some wear on my constantly cycling Twists.

First T3 is working nicely so far. How thick can I go with juices in it? I'm using 60pg/40vg now but I'd like to try 70vg/30pg if it's capable of wicking effectively. Any suggestions on where to get replacement heads for the T3?

Jack_AG

Banned
^ Eh - I wasn't too thrilled with the T3 - I mainly vape 50/50 and it doesn't wick that well since the wicks are packed a bit tighter to keep the unit from flooding compared to a T2. Then there's the whole how I feel about vaping silica deal (shards have been found in vapor condensate), but each to their own. I stay away from anything silica now - even though the Kangers are amazing vapes.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Got a cheap variable voltage USB pass-thru and it's working great so far. Should really help take some stress of my batteries since I'm usually stationary during the week. Planning on a nice VV mod soon like a zmax or lava tube v2, open to suggestions.

I really like my lt v2. I said it earlier in the thread, but it looks and works great. Plus there's the included one year warranty. You'll need an adapter if you want to use an ego threaded device (T3), though.

Top Bottom