• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Thanks to everyone who's answered my queries so far.

Here's one more though: Can anyone recommend me a good place for fruit flavored juice? I've tried about a dozen different flavors from Vermillion River Juice, and I only really cared for the grape and peach. A majority of the other ones I've tried have been sort of repulsive.

I really enjoy Vape Dudes fruit flavored juices, though I haven't tried a ton of different flavored juices from other places.

Thanks to everyone who's helped me so far.

Here's another question though: Can anyone recommend me a good place for fruit flavored juice? I've tried about a dozen different flavors from Vermillion River Juice, and I only really cared for the grape and peach. A majority of the other ones I've tried have been sort of repulsive.

From my limited experience, my preference has been for somewhat subtle flavors. I also don't care for juices that combine too many flavors together. For instance, I tried this one called Citrus Explosion and I think I would rather drink battery acid.

Most of my great fruit vapes are from UK vendors. Rawr are US based and they do one of my favourites - Hawaii Sunrise. A really smooth banana vape, tastes like Banana Milkshake to me.

Broseybrose

So at what point should I start going doomsday prepper and stock up on everything?
Well that depends on how paranoid you are lol.

Seriously though, pay close attention to any local, state, or federal bills regarding e-cigs that will be popping up in the near future. That way youll have a heads up before any regulation changes.

Also become a member of CASAA.org. They will email you all kind of info on bills that are being passed around, open letters to congress you can sign your name on, all kinds of important stuff to put your name on and share your success so the government knows where the people (as well as the science) stand on the efficacy of ecigs.

CASAA also has a youtube channel with weekly updates.

Jack_AG

Banned
So how long do you folks typically get on your PV batteries? I can go about 1.5-2 days with my 2250/18650 in my Vamo. I seem to drain more with a higher ohm atty (makes sense since a higher ohm means more power needed for the way I vape.

I also noticed I burn through a lot more liquid - maybe its because I can now find an adequate power band for my liking and juice?

Either or - I love my Vams. I was thinking about skinning it. I found the exact same Carbon Fiber sticky vinyl used by Jwraps and Vaporskinz by the YARD and for cheaper than the single skin - along with templates for the Vamo to print out and mechanical cutting templates. Already did a test print to check how everything lines up and is perfect. I will post info when I get back home.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Does anyone have some recommendations for quality clearomizers? Not sure if it's the AV juice that I bought, but my regular attys and the clearos have completely died after an alarming short period of time. The attys were dead after 1 refill of my tank and the clearomizers died after 3 refills.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Well that depends on how paranoid you are lol.

Seriously though, pay close attention to any local, state, or federal bills regarding e-cigs that will be popping up in the near future. That way youll have a heads up before any regulation changes.

Also become a member of CASAA.org. They will email you all kind of info on bills that are being passed around, open letters to congress you can sign your name on, all kinds of important stuff to put your name on and share your success so the government knows where the people (as well as the science) stand on the efficacy of ecigs.

CASAA also has a youtube channel with weekly updates.

Thanks I signed up for the site. I also emailed my congressional rep Boehner to see what his views are on the matter.

Does anyone have some recommendations for quality clearomizers? Not sure if it's the AV juice that I bought, but my regular attys and the clearos have completely died after an alarming short period of time. The attys were dead after 1 refill of my tank and the clearomizers died after 3 refills.

Well, there's always the trusty, if not muted taste of, vivi nova. They come with 2 replaceable heads, so there's at least 3 fillings you can get out of those.

I'm using a Kanger T3 right now; they're ok. Truthfully I think Alien Visions juice is best dripped.

I know the owner says his juice should be the last place to put fault in for equipment. But I just know that when I use AVE juices that I'll either drip them or put it in something that I can easily rebuild/replace the head on (e.g. I have some Gorilla Juice in a T3 now and some replacement heads for it). Like you'll get two refills and then probably throw that carto/clearo out because of the gunk.

I "test vape" all their juices in the Phoenix Rebuildable atomizer.

Speaking of Phoenix, the Phoenix clearomizers from GotVapes.com seem to work very well. I've personally not used them, but the vets love them, so I assume they're a good product.

Broseybrose

I definitely recommend the GotVapes Phoenix. 5pc box of the best clearos around with appropriate syringe and tip.

daw840

Let me ask yous guys who have the Kanger T3

I'm about to place an order on Litecigs as they have the black writing version, but will the heads from any site work on them? Is it a casing issue I wonder or a head issue? If I get heads from Gotvapes or some other site will they end up having the same issue as the white writing version?!?

So many questions!!!

Jack_AG

Banned
Let me ask yous guys who have the Kanger T3

I'm about to place an order on Litecigs as they have the black writing version, but will the heads from any site work on them? Is it a casing issue I wonder or a head issue? If I get heads from Gotvapes or some other site will they end up having the same issue as the white writing version?!?

So many questions!!!
The tank merely holds juice - the head vapes for you. Its all on the atty.

daw840

The tank merely holds juice - the head vapes for you. Its all on the atty.

So....what does that mean? That if I get replacement heads I need to get them from litecigs?

Or does it mean that if I took a white lettered Kanger (the bad one) and replaced the head with a black lettered Kanger (the good one) then it would solve the problem for the white lettered one?

I'm so confused..

Husker86

So....what does that mean? That if I get replacement heads I need to get them from litecigs?

Or does it mean that if I took a white lettered Kanger (the bad one) and replaced the head with a black lettered Kanger (the good one) then it would solve the problem for the white lettered one?

I'm so confused..

I have the white lettered one and don't have the bad taste problem that happens with the "bad" one? Is this white/black differentiation proven to be true? I don't deny that some have problems, just curious.

But yeah, the tank couldn't have anything to do with bad taste. If the heads are different from the vendors then that is the part to concentrate on.

Jack_AG

Banned

I'm so confused..
The tank doesn't matter - the head you put on is what vapes the juice. If a certain vendor is known to have better replacement heads - go there. The exact T3 you put them in won't make a difference.

Yeah it's the heads that will make the difference. PBusardo noted that his white lettered tank was the bad one, but the colour might not really indicate anything. He did note that the bad one had 3 air holes on the head whereas the good one had two. Mine have two air holes as well (and both are great), so this is likely more of an indication of a good or bad head since it indicates a difference in head design. From my experience the good heads seem more common than the bad ones, so you just have to hope you're not unlucky. It's also as easy to rebuild the head as it is to rebuild a Vivi Nova.

I must say my T3's have replaced the Phoenix as my go to carto. The flavour is just as good if not a bit better and the vapour production is possibly the best I've experienced. Easy to fill, easy to clean, handles higher voltages and it holds 3ml of juice while keeping to an Ego size. If it wasn't for the inconsistent production it'd be my top clearo recommendation, but you can't go wrong with the Phoenix's either.

Does anyone have any experience using Prosmoke? I'd like to try a compact unit just to see how they are.
Do you mean one that looks like a traditional cigarette? Don't know if you're in the U.S. but disposable e-cigs can be found in 7-11s or gas stations.

If you are thinking about one that uses replaceable fillers, the battery life is like 30 to 40 minutes between charges. :-(

Thanks to everyone who's helped me so far.

Here's another question though: Can anyone recommend me some good fruit flavored juices? I've tried about a dozen different flavors from Vermillion River Juice, and I only really cared for the grape and peach. A majority of the other ones I've tried have been sort of repulsive.

I don't know if you're strictly a fruit vaper, but I just received some Butter Rum from Vermillion River this morning and I think it's gorgeous. Really creamy flavour with a rum aftertaste (not overpowering). Reminds me a bit of Rum and Raisin Ice Cream... but warm.

daw840

Added Goodejuice to the Trusted Vendors category. Any others missing?

Also, ordered 2 Kangers from Litecigs, the same company PBusardo reviewed from. Hopefully they are some of the good ones. :/

DietRob

I would like to propose adding Texas Tuff Tanks to the do not buy list.

Maybe it's just my luck but I've used 2 of them so far and after one fill and sometimes even before they become very clogged even using PG juice. Both have also either leaked profusely from the bottom or became a straw for ejuice to shoot directly into my mouth.

Will not buy again. Guess there really is nothing better than a good old drip tip for me. I've tried alternatives and they all fail to give me as good of an experience then a drip tip does.

I had a Texas Tuff Tank as well and had the clogging issue but mine lasted for an entire 30ml bottle before it clogged. I think it has to do with the Carto's they use. It benefits them though because you have to repurchase Cartos fairly often.

As for the becoming a straw issue.. that happens when you don't get a complete seal with one of the two rubber stoppers on either side of the tank. It can be a little troublesome getting the seal though so it's definitely more hassle than other tank systems.

Leaking is an issue as well but again.. I think that comes back to the carto. The tank can potentially be useful though if you find another carto brand to try. You'd have to punch them yourself though I think.

DietRob

I had a Texas Tuff Tank as well and had the clogging issue but mine lasted for an entire 30ml bottle before it clogged. I think it has to do with the Carto's they use. It benefits them though because you have to repurchase Cartos fairly often.

As for the becoming a straw issue.. that happens when you don't get a complete seal with one of the two rubber stoppers on either side of the tank. It can be a little troublesome getting the seal though so it's definitely more hassle than other tank systems.

Leaking is an issue as well but again.. I think that comes back to the carto. The tank can potentially be useful though if you find another carto brand to try. You'd have to punch them yourself though I think.

Right, and this just isn't worth the hassle for me. Over the past year I have learned that using the drip tip and putting 3 drops of liquid in at a time gives me the best flavor and hit combo. It's just really inconvenient so I've been steadily looking for something that maintains that same quality in a more user friendly way then dripping. I don't think it's out there.

It's understandable. I'd drip if it was convienent for me but it just isn't. Stay at home dad with a 3yr old and I just can't do it. Have to keep my supplies well out of reach of my kid and I'm constantly here and there throughout the house. The best I've found for me is the Phoenix Clearos, so I'm sticking to those for now.

GavinGT

Banned
I don't know if you're strictly a fruit vaper, but I just received some Butter Rum from Vermillion River this morning and I think it's gorgeous. Really creamy flavour with a rum aftertaste (not overpowering). Reminds me a bit of Rum and Raisin Ice Cream... but warm.

Sounds good. I'll definitely give that a shot.

Husker86

Added Goodejuice to the Trusted Vendors category. Any others missing?

Also, ordered 2 Kangers from Litecigs, the same company PBusardo reviewed from. Hopefully they are some of the good ones. :/

I just received some juice for ecblendflavors.com and the prices are great ($9 for 30mL) and the flavors I've tried (Apple tobacco, Acai berry, Dragon's Nectar/Leaf) were all pretty tasty.

daw840

I just received some juice for ecblendflavors.com and the prices are great ($9 for 30mL) and the flavors I've tried (Apple tobacco, Acai berry, Dragon's Nectar/Leaf) were all pretty tasty.

Yeah. I'll put them up. I have a lot of juice from them but I was never all of that impressed with the juices. It is cool that you can custom make them and they are definitely honest fast and reliable.

Husker86

Yeah. I'll put them up. I have a lot of juice from them but I was never all of that impressed with the juices. It is cool that you can custom make them and they are definitely honest fast and reliable.

I followed the recommendation of some of the reviews and made sure to do "extra flavor" for each one. I may also have some bias as the first time I tried their juices was in my brand new eGo VV and Kanger T3.

DietRob

where can i buy atomizers like this in bulk for cheap?
qwYB00f.jpg

As I said before I've gotten many people to convert and all of us like dripping as opposed to the other delivery options. I would like to order 10 or 20 of these at a time for a discounted rate. Anyone know anyplace that will do that?

nvm.. found a resource.
http://www.vaporkings.com/BULK-901-801-Joye-510-and-306-atomizers-s/545.htm

Ended up getting 10 LR atomizers for 46 bucks. 4.60 a piece not bad.

GavinGT

Banned
As promised, here's my update on the Kanger T3 I purchased from LiteCigUSA. The one I got does indeed have black lettering, but it has three air holes as opposed to two (the superior version supposedly has black lettering and two air holes). After a little bit of use (I haven't given it much time for the wicks to soak), I think it's only marginally better than the white lettered one I bought previously. The draw isn't great, nor is the taste. The taste is both muted and maybe a little burned. Maybe it will improve with use, but I sort of doubt it.

In every way, I prefer my Phoenix clearomizers.

I guess the numbers of air holes is the indication of the really good ones. Mine produces excellent flavour, on par with a Phoenix and even better vapour. It's a shame though, I can't recommend them unless you can guarantee a good one. Probably not going to risk more of my money on them until they sort out their issues. PBusardo said they're looking into it; hopefully they don't just do a Boge and ignore the complaints by saying "We haven't changed anything. They're exactly the same, deal with it".

daw840

I guess the numbers of air holes is the indication of the really good ones. Mine produces excellent flavour, on par with a Phoenix and even better vapour. It's a shame though, I can't recommend them unless you can guarantee a good one. Probably not going to risk more of my money on them until they sort out their issues. PBusardo said they're looking into it; hopefully they don't just do a Boge and ignore the complaints by saying "We haven't changed anything. They're exactly the same, deal with it".
Well I ordered 2 from lite cigs so fingers crossed. The pic looks like the good ones.

Husker86

The first one I had that came with the tank (2.4-2.6 ohm) was good. The two replacements I got (which were lower resistance) were bad. I found on a website that the owner said he will only sell the 2.4-2.6 replacements as Kanger has said there is any issue with the other resistance heads. I ordered some of those and we'll see.

However, I just rebuilt a couple with a stainless steel wick and might be going that route for good. I haven't got the best flavor yet, but I feel more comfortable with SS wick (no worry of dry burning damage, etc.)

Anyway, if you do buy replacement T3 heads, I'd stick with the 2.4-2.6 and hopefully that lowers the chance of a bad one.

Jack_AG

Banned
where can i buy atomizers like this in bulk for cheap?
qwYB00f.jpg

As I said before I've gotten many people to convert and all of us like dripping as opposed to the other delivery options. I would like to order 10 or 20 of these at a time for a discounted rate. Anyone know anyplace that will do that?

nvm.. found a resource.
http://www.vaporkings.com/BULK-901-801-Joye-510-and-306-atomizers-s/545.htm

Ended up getting 10 LR atomizers for 46 bucks. 4.60 a piece not bad.
Hmmm... do you like bridged attys? I mainly drip in bridgeless since I hate the dry/burnt hits from a bridge, but the bridge does help hold the juice better. Then again I need to relearn my drip on a bridge so I know when to avoid burnt-ness.

I might pick up a 10-pack of the stainless 2.2 - wouldn't hurt to learn on a bridge for a while. For the price its great.

Thanks for the link.

highrider

Banned
I am new to this. I have purchased a few retail blu e cigarette things to give it a try. Are they a pretty good indicator of the experience? Haven't tried it yet.

DietRob

Hmmm... do you like bridged attys? I mainly drip in bridgeless since I hate the dry/burnt hits from a bridge, but the bridge does help hold the juice better. Then again I need to relearn my drip on a bridge so I know when to avoid burnt-ness.

I might pick up a 10-pack of the stainless 2.2 - wouldn't hurt to learn on a bridge for a while. For the price its great.

Thanks for the link.

Yea, I have tried both and as long as you keep it juicy I've never really got the 'burnt' hits as much maybe on the last draw of the drip cycle but that just tells me to start dripping again. I can usually avoid this by applying 3 drips and taking about 7 draws, then drip again. I like the bridges and you can't beat that price for a habitual driper like me.

I am new to this. I have purchased a few retail blu e cigarette things to give it a try. Are they a pretty good indicator of the experience? Haven't tried it yet.

The gas station ones are the equivalent of going on a roller coaster for kids. Sure you get the general idea and can test out if you like roller coasters or not, if you like the roller coasters then right down the path a little more is the BIG BOY roller coaster. Congrats for starting though. For a lot of people that is the hardest part.

Once you join us on the big roller coaster you will have a sea of flavors and options at your disposal to make smoking analogs truly a thing of the past.

They'll give you a good idea of how close vaping can feel to smoking, but it won't offer the flavour/amount of vapour/battery length that an Ego starter kit would.

highrider

Banned
Thanks guys. I didn't want to judge it before I talked to some veterans. I'm down to a pack of real cigarettes a week so I feel like I just need a little help to fully quit. If I actually enjoy it that would be awesome.

Blu is what I started with and I do think they're a great place to start due to ease of use. I wish they only offered the rechargeable pack though as the disposables aren't indicative of even the rechargeable and the rechargeable aren't really indicative of the ego or mod devices. They're also pricey.

From there I went to the Vea, which is a great middle ground between Blu and Ego devices in that it comes from the same company that makes the Blu juices but utilizes a suoerior Ego design for the battery. The carts are also larger than Blu.

Since then I've moved on to try tanks and clearos and have purchased an ego twist... but I still use my Vea batteries as well. If youve found that Blu has been working for you.. keep it up. But there are better options that aren't too intimidating out there so you can ease into better technology.

Can anyone give me any ballpark figures for cost effectiveness of e-cigs compared to analogs?

Like how much it costs for the equivalent of 1 pack of analogs.

Top Bottom