• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Oh man, I gotta get into this. But there are so many variables!

Does it really matter how many Ohms the battery provides? Is it related to how long it'll last? And do I need a carto? I think I want a carto, but the Ego-T ships with cartridges and an atomizer. Basically, I don't want to constantly be upgrading my stuff. Would the Ego-T + (Phoenix?) carto be a good enough starting point?

Any Ego battery and Carto would be good enough to start. Just keep in mind that you'll need an appropriate charger (my Ego passthroughs use a normal USB cord and plug in at the bottom, my Ego Twist uses a special USB cord that screws into it's top) and that you'll have to fill in your own juice if you're not buying pre-filled cartos.

What's the difference between a cartomizer and a clearomizer? And a tank? I think I want a tank, if it holds more juice. Are there any drawbacks apart from form factor?

The difference really is that one is clear and one isn't. The Clearo's tend to be slightly larger and hold more juice, they also don't use the poly fill (cloth) to soak the juice. There are so many different Clearo types that they can be easier or more difficult to deal with compared to Carto's but they typically perform better.

Tanks are trickier. Some tanks are rebuildable which is in all honesty probably a bit too advanced for you based on the questions you're asking. You can always look up a video on rebuildable tanks though if you want to look at that route. The more basic tanks are basically just tubes that form fit onto a Carto to hold more juice. They tank special cartos that are hole punched to allow the liquid from the tank in. Tanks can be good but they are usually awkwardly sized and if you're not going with a high end one can be very hit or miss.

For someone just starting out, I would suggest and Ego brand battery and either regular Cartos or the Pheonix Clearos. These are the most hassle free experiences I've see thus far, without dropping a fee hundred bucks on a Provari and Genesis style atty.

Oh wow.

I just do not like the idea of carrying a monster sized metal tube just to get some nicotine in.

And I do not give a crap wethere I am confused with a smoker.

Now, is there any product with these characteristics that's worth using?

You want something that's the size of a single cigarette, but I'm sure you had no problem carrying around a box of 20 of them and a separate lighter. You're a new e-cig user and Gavin was trying to steer you towards something "optimal." Someone coming into the headphone thread asking about Bose is going to be told they'd be better off with something else. I hope you find something soon, because you sound like you really need some nicotine.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You want something that's the size of a single cigarette, but I'm sure you had no problem carrying around a box of 20 of them and a separate lighter. You're a new e-cig user and Gavin was trying to steer you towards something "optimal." Someone coming into the headphone thread asking about Bose is going to be told they'd be better off with something else. I hope you find something soon, because you sound like you really need some nicotine.

Holding a cigarette sized device and a cigar sized device is not the same.

Gavin went again at it ignoring my repeated direct request for a suggestion that matches my preferences to argue again for something I do not want like a pushy salesman.

In threads asking for advice on products, people who ignore the parameters set in the OP tend to get crapped on and for a good reason.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You need to get a pack of the clearomizers listed in option 1 in the starter kit list in the op. you will like them much better than stock stuff. Get some juice sampler packs.

Thanks for the advice, but...

I dislike the Phoenix clearos. The guy demoing them coughs his lungs out despite being user of an smoking alternative that if not healthier it tends to improve "smokers' lung" because he's so hooked on the shit he's vaping 24mg juice non stop.

There's also something extremely unappealing about using a frigging syringe to load a device to consume an addictive drug. It is unsettling.

I would feel very uncomfortable doing that in public, even friends.

I might consider one for home use, maybe later.

By the way, why do packs come with multiple cartridges and vaporisers? I thought they were rechargeable.

Jack_AG

Banned

My Vamo is the size of a cigar - the eGo in the OT is the size of a sharpie... the small ones o_O

As another user stated - people here are helping by suggesting a better kit for your money. The headphone comparison is adequate. People are trying to help - being nice isnt a requirement - but dont expect much help if you're being rude.

Jack_AG

Banned
By the way, why do packs come with multiple cartridges and vaporisers? I thought they were rechargeable.
Read the OP, follow the links, peruse the thread. There's a wealth of information and is better served at your own pace with the myriad of different systems than if one of us went over everything in a post.

surly

Banned
There's also something extremely unappealing about using a frigging syringe to load a device to consume an addictive drug. It is unsettling.
I use clearomisers that are filled with a syringe, but I've never filled them in public.

A single, full clearomiser lasts me all day (compared to the 20 cigs I used to smoke per day). If I'm out drinking - where I use the e-cig more, just like I used to smoke more when drinking - a single clearomiser would still last me all evening. But you can easily fill a couple of spares up and carry those with you, rather than carrying a bottle of juice and a syringe with you.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Multiple carts are so that you can fill several up and carry them with you, so that you have spares if you lose any, and because some people use different flavours so they'll use one cart for one flavour, one for another etc.

The vaporisers have an element in them that heats up. That doesn't last forever. Sometimes they can burn out in days. Sometimes they'll chug along for weeks or even months. So you always need to keep some spares otherwise if one burns out and you have no spare, you may be tempted to go back to regular cigarettes or tobacco.

surrogate

Both the cartridges and the atomizers wear out. Make sure to blow out the atomizer thoroughly before the first use or you'll taste the nasty primer fluid. The cartridges/atomizer combo came with the first kit I bought, and I found them to be awful. I still have a bunch of the Ego Mega carts sitting in a box, they just aren't worth the effort. My personal preference is standard polyfill cartos, consistent hits and little aggravation.

Gavin went again at it ignoring my repeated direct request for a suggestion that matches my preferences to argue again for something I do not want like a pushy salesman.

In threads asking for advice on products, people who ignore the parameters set in the OP tend to get crapped on and for a good reason.

If you want a good idea of the size of an Ego battery, they have the same circumference as a AA battery, and vary in height.

I don't think it's that people are intentionally ignoring your request, it's just that many people started on the cig-sized devices and have realised how inconvenient (battery length) and unsatisfying (flavour, vapour) they are and upgraded quickly. They're trying to save you from doing that by recommending the next step, because the advantages that come with an Ego device are absolutely huge.

Anyway, if you simply must go the small route I recommend the Innokin AIO. It's about the size of a cigarette packet, but it contains a 510 battery, 3 carto's and it has its own battery inside so when you put your 510 into it it'll recharge it. This is pretty much a necessity; if you take a 510 out of the house without a way to charge it on the go you're going to run out of battery within a couple of hours, if you're lucky. I'd buy another 510 battery separately too so you can rotate -- have one charging while you're vaping the other, then switch.

And of course you'll need some juice to fill those carto's with. Let me know what kind of stuff you're looking for and I'll give you some recommendations.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
If you want a good idea of the size of an Ego battery, they have the same circumference as a AA battery, and vary in height.

I don't think it's that people are intentionally ignoring your request, it's just that many people started on the cig-sized devices and have realised how inconvenient (battery length) and unsatisfying (flavour, vapour) they are and upgraded quickly. They're trying to save you from doing that by recommending the next step, because the advantages that come with an Ego device are absolutely huge.

Anyway, if you simply must go the small route I recommend the Innokin AIO. It's about the size of a cigarette packet, but it contains a 510 battery, 3 carto's and it has its own battery inside so when you put your 510 into it it'll recharge it. This is pretty much a necessity; if you take a 510 out of the house without a way to charge it on the go you're going to run out of battery within a couple of hours, if you're lucky. I'd buy another 510 battery separately too so you can rotate -- have one charging while you're vaping the other, then switch.

And of course you'll need some juice to fill those carto's with. Let me know what kind of stuff you're looking for and I'll give you some recommendations.

Thank you for a reasonable post.

The thing is a disposable like 10 motives lasts me a day and a half.

Those pack batteries are interesting, i will look at them if the 510 does not make it.

AA batteries + casing are way too thick. Unless I have no choice I'd rather stick with a smaller form factor.

The thing is a disposable like 10 motives lasts me a day and a half.

I'm pretty sure a disposable has a better battery length than a re-chargable. My first e-cig was a free disposable and I seem to remember it lasting quite a while, longer than I expected. They can get away with filling the cig with as much cheap one-use battery as they can get in. My experience with re-chargable 510 batteries isn't comparable. A couple of hours of use and it's dead.

zeioIIDX

Just got my Vivi Nova 2.5 It's my first experience with a rebuild-able atomizer. I use a Provari. The J-Tank I was using cracked from the inside-out...probably because I let juice sit in it for too long :/ Anyway, I'm liking the Vivi Nova so far. I like how it comes with three different atomizer heads at different resistances (1.8, 2.4, and 2.8). Still waiting on my Green Van juice from Mister-E-Liquid to get in. Been my all-time favorite juice for a while now!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Can I ask what your goal with vaping is? What is your endgame? Smoking cessation? Replacement? Flavor? Aesthetic?

Just curious since you seem to be adamant about the most cig-like size - you are trading off a lot for nothing more than aesthetic and cost:performance is drastically increased with the "pen" styled units. At least with a manual battery you can use an LR atty and drip - but it sounds to me like pulling a small bottle out and dripping a few drops every 10 puffs or so is out of the question.

Again - what is your endgame so we can maybe help you a bit more? Size alone isn't narrow enough, for me, at least. I like more details to make a more informed decision.

It's possible he was like me a year ago. I wanted something as close to the feel of a cigarette as I could get. So the 'pen' style models were exactly what I was looking for at the time. They served their intended purpose and got me off smoking cigarettes.

After a while though I realized that I enjoyed vaping and was never going to see the full potential of vaping using a pen style device so that is when I graduated to a ego 510 with drip tip. Now here is my bit of advice if money is not a concern like for myself then get whatever makes it easier to get off cigarettes. Then later if you decide you enjoy vaping and want to experience it on a broader range snag a 510 ego kit.

If money is a concern then get a 510 ego kit straight away and I promise that the adjustment to using a bigger device is actually easier than you think it will be.

Jack_AG

Banned
It's possible he was like me a year ago. I wanted something as close to the feel of a cigarette as I could get. So the 'pen' style models were exactly what I was looking for at the time. They served their intended purpose and got me off smoking cigarettes.

After a while though I realized that I enjoyed vaping and was never going to see the full potential of vaping using a pen style device so that is when I graduated to a ego 510 with drip tip. Now here is my bit of advice if money is not a concern like for myself then get whatever makes it easier to get off cigarettes. Then later if you decide you enjoy vaping and want to experience it on a broader range snag a 510 ego kit.

If money is a concern then get a 510 ego kit straight away and I promise that the adjustment to using a bigger device is actually easier than you think it will be.

Eh, people are trying to help him by suggesting different approaches. He did not provide much information on his endgame for wanting to vape, he might not have known about other options and clearly dismissed the size of the kits mentioned in the OP in his first post asking for advice.

People understood that he wanted a smaller device - but an eGo is a very good option for size/performance compromise. Nothing wrong with suggesting it - as knowing options are always better than not knowing. People want him to have a good vape - he replied with "oh wow" and "get out".

I have placed him on my ignore list since my last posting. I just don't have time to deal with people like this who are asking for help. If he wants help and ideas - he will listen to recommendations and make his choice - not make demands and tell helpful people in the community to get out.

Minus_Me

I finally got around to vaping and I really love it. My only concern is that unlike smoking I find myself vaping pretty constantly. Instead of having one cig every hour or so, I'm constantly vaping and I'm not too happy about that. I've been using the "pen" style systems and was wondering if you guys vape a lot using the more robust systems out there?

I finally got around to vaping and I really love it. My only concern is that unlike smoking I find myself vaping pretty constantly. Instead of having one cig every hour or so, I'm constantly vaping and I'm not too happy about that. I've been using the "pen" style systems and was wondering if you guys vape a lot using the more robust systems out there?

This actually happens quite a bit. The most common thing people do to sort of counter-act the frequency of how much they vape is by lowering the Nic amount.

I haven't found a way to reliably curb the amount that I vape (aside from just being out.. which is a bad thing for me). Maybe someone else can help with that.

Two things...

1. I knew when to stop smoking a cigarette (when it was burned to the filter). Vaping doesn't provide that noticeable endpoint. So yeah, I vape a lot more than I smoked, but with what feels like a million less carcinogens.

2. I think the multitude of flavors and the fact that the nicotine is absorbed much more slowly contributes to one vaping more than smoking.

You could try upping your nicotine level, I think that would definitely curtail your vaping. I have a 24mg juice on hand for those times when I know I won't be able to vape for a while. Like 5 hits and I'm done with vaping for a few hours.

Minus_Me

I'm using a 24mg cartridges and can't say that I stop vaping after five hits. I'm aware that I'm not taking in all that crap stuff in normal cigarettes but vaping all the time just seems like another addiction waiting to happen. I think I'm going to have to stop using nicotine, and that's going to be hard considering how much I drink.

I'm using a 24mg cartridges and can't say that I stop vaping after five hits. I'm aware that I'm not taking in all that crap stuff in normal cigarettes but vaping all the time just seems like another addiction waiting to happen. I think I'm going to have to stop using nicotine, and that's going to be hard considering how much I drink.

Yeah, I'm using 18, so upping it to 24 works for me. And you're right about it becoming "another" (since I no longer smoke cigarettes, it has replaced) addition. Good look with dropping the nicotine. Can't say I'm ready to go there yet.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Some mighty high horses around here sheesh.

I just ask for a small device knowing its gonna have drawbacks and people get offended when I tell them I don't want pen style devices.

So suddenly unless I follow your advice no matter if it ignores my needs concerning the product is a high offence?

Notice I didn't mention quality of vape, flavour or battery life? Small but better than disposables. I swear some people are too involved in this thing to realise not everyone wants or needs a top of the line custom assembled device. But no I also need to have an endgame or something.

Mighty high horses around here indeed.

Luckily some reasonable types as well.

Wallach

So I managed to get one of the samples from Five Pawns from their Reddit thread, and it came in today.

The ones I got were Bowden's Mate, Gambit and Queenside. Haven't tried the last two, but this Bowden's Mate is pretty amazing. They weren't kidding when they said they were setting out to make complex flavors... it's a weird chocolate mint, kind of creamy, with this clove tobacco base and some other sort of spice I can't place. The scent of the vapor is powerful, I've never vaped anything that had left such a strong scent in the air. Not much throat hit to it unfortunately, so I don't think I'd order more of it but it's still probably the most interesting juice I've ever tried. Hoping to find one this good that has a strong throat hit to it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Eh, people are trying to help him by suggesting different approaches. He did not provide much information on his endgame for wanting to vape, he might not have known about other options and clearly dismissed the size of the kits mentioned in the OP in his first post asking for advice.

People understood that he wanted a smaller device - but an eGo is a very good option for size/performance compromise. Nothing wrong with suggesting it - as knowing options are always better than not knowing. People want him to have a good vape - he replied with "oh wow" and "get out".

I have placed him on my ignore list since my last posting. I just don't have time to deal with people like this who are asking for help. If he wants help and ideas - he will listen to recommendations and make his choice - not make demands and tell helpful people in the community to get out.

Ah, I see now. I didn't read into the context before and simply posted my experience. I'm with you there is no helping someone that won't allow you to help them. I do hope he is able to find something to help him quit smoking. In the end that's what matters. Personally I've converted several people over to the vaping side. I'm probably starting to sound like a religious zealot.

Chopper

I can't decide if I want a ego-T or a 510 starter kit. Ideally, I'd like to use cartos (or clearos) as it seems more practical than cartridges. The kits themselves both come with atomizers and carts. Are they compatible with cartos?

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
My girlfriend has switched to e-cigs at the behest of some of the stuff we have read here. It's been an overwhelming success. She even finds herself not wanting to smoke those as much.

I think we're on the road of her being able to quit entirely. Thumbs up. Thanks for the info/discussion in this thread. ^_^

I can't decide if I want a ego-T or a 510 starter kit. Ideally, I'd like to use cartos (or clearos) as it seems more practical than cartridges. The kits themselves both come with atomizers and carts. Are they compatible with cartos?

Yes, you can use cartomizers with the ego-T. You would just screw the cartomizer onto the battery and ditch the atomizer head and cartridges that comes with the kit.

daw840

My girlfriend has switched to e-cigs at the behest of some of the stuff we have read here. It's been an overwhelming success. She even finds herself not wanting to smoke those as much.

I think we're on the road of her being able to quit entirely. Thumbs up. Thanks for the info/discussion in this thread. ^_^
You know. It makes me smile so much that I made this thread and all of the people here have kept it going. It would have been worth it if even one person would have gotten off of analogs. We've helped so many more than I ever imagined and it makes me very happy. Thank the regular posters here who've made it happen though.

GavinGT

Banned
You know. It makes me smile so much that I made this thread and all of the people here have kept it going. It would have been worth it if even one person would have gotten off of analogs. We've helped so many more than I ever imagined and it makes me very happy. Thank the regular posters here who've made it happen though.

It wouldn't be nearly as useful without your constant updates and concise recommendations. Bravo, sir.

I have to echo Gavin's statement here in saying that many OP's let the beast that is an Official Thread overcome them and stop updating. It's definitely due to your updates that so many new people (myself included!) can come into the thread.. learn.. and progress in their knowledge which helps them kick the worst aspects of the habit.

GavinGT

Banned
Can anyone recommend some soft rubber mouthpieces that fit the 1.5 mL Phoenix clearomizers? The one that comes in the package tends to fall off pretty easily when I transfer the ecig in/out of my pocket.

highrider

Banned
Some mighty high horses around here sheesh.

I just ask for a small device knowing its gonna have drawbacks and people get offended when I tell them I don't want pen style devices.

So suddenly unless I follow your advice no matter if it ignores my needs concerning the product is a high offence?

Notice I didn't mention quality of vape, flavour or battery life? Small but better than disposables. I swear some people are too involved in this thing to realise not everyone wants or needs a top of the line custom assembled device. But no I also need to have an endgame or something.

Mighty high horses around here indeed.

Luckily some reasonable types as well.
Well to be fair, you are asking for help. You should be able to sift through the relevant information that you could use. As opposed to getting huffy when it isn't exactly what you want.

Zeth

Hoping to get an order in at Backwoods Brew when they open at 1pm EST. They moved recently and temporarily reduced their online store's hours. Only have mint/menthol right now and I'm finding they get tiring faster than other liquids for me. Need to keep my stash more interesting.

highrider

Banned
I actually wanted to share my experience with the blu e cigs. I'm 46 and have smoked since high school. I never was a heavy smoker ( about a half pack a day ), and I have been blessed with pretty strong genes. My grandfather smoked 5 packs a day and lived well in to his 90's.

It's been two weeks now and I haven't smoked a real cigarette since switching. The form factor of the cigarette sized blu appealed to me. The only downside with them is the short battery life, but the pack has a fresh one waiting so no biggie. I could see my eventual set up being blu for my daytime fix, and a real vape kit for home when I want to just puff away and not worry about it. It is incredibly liberating to not need real smokes. I feel great. Skin and teeth look so much better.

Any smoker should give this a shot. It works. I can enjoy smoking again!

Jack_AG

Banned
Just got my friend started on the path of smoke-free goodness today.

I let him borrow my 650 eGo, a 1.8 ohm Smoktech Carto, 3ml poly tank, my CE4 I don't use anymore, a single 510-T atty and 2 tanks. Gave him about 15ml of fluid in an extra bottle and will let him Vape for a few days. He wanted something small he can sneak in at work (he's a futures broker in the city) so something pocketable was a must. He thought the twist was a little too long for stealth vaping but the 650 was perfect. While not VV he should get a decent vape on LR attys.

He was very interested the last few times we hung out so I'm hoping it sticks. If it does I will introduce him to dripping. I am going to pick up that bulk pack of 510's linked earlier (http://www.vaporkings.com/BULK-901-801-Joye-510-and-306-atomizers-s/545.htm).

Next up: Sister-in-law.

Down with the analog!

I actually wanted to share my experience with the blu e cigs. I'm 46 and have smoked since high school. I never was a heavy smoker ( about a half pack a day ), and I have been blessed with pretty strong genes. My grandfather smoked 5 packs a day and lived well in to his 90's.

It's been two weeks now and I haven't smoked a real cigarette since switching. The form factor of the cigarette sized blu appealed to me. The only downside with them is the short battery life, but the pack has a fresh one waiting so no biggie. I could see my eventual set up being blu for my daytime fix, and a real vape kit for home when I want to just puff away and not worry about it. It is incredibly liberating to not need real smokes. I feel great. Skin and teeth look so much better.

Any smoker should give this a shot. It works. I can enjoy smoking again!

BOOM! Grats bro! Once you get settled into the vape - upgrading will bring a world of difference to your vape. I took it slow and went the path of the 510-pen style, eGo Twist then to a Vamo. eGo Twist is always a good choice for any vaper. Reliable, easy to use, VV, 510/eGo threading, nice form facto, hits like a champ - perfect upgrade when you are ready. I'm almost certain no matter how expensive your kits get - everyone has an eGo laying around because they just fucking work amazingly.

Then I started experimenting with attys, cartos, clearos, etc. Settled on dripping for every flavor except my menthol - those stick in cartos. It is my all-day vape - but since menthol does pack quite a punch even at a measly 6mg of nic - I use it in a carto to help soften the flavor up just a touch for that perfect smooth menthol goodness.

Took me a quite a few mods before I found what I liked best - same with flavors - but once you settile in it's smooth sailing.

Grats again on kicking the habit!

Husker86

Just bought supplies to start trying to make my own e-liquid. Gonna come out to about $2.50 per 30mL with the 12mg nicotine level I like. Can't wait to save even more money!

daw840

Just bought supplies to start trying to make my own e-liquid. Gonna come out to about $2.50 per 30mL with the 12mg nicotine level I like. Can't wait to save even more money!

Please please detail your methods here! This is something I would like to try. Also with the FDA shit going on we may have to start doing this.

daw840

Can anyone recommend some soft rubber mouthpieces that fit the 1.5 mL Phoenix clearomizers? The one that comes in the package tends to fall off pretty easily when I transfer the ecig in/out of my pocket.

Well, I don't know about a soft tip, but a buddy of mine got some stubby metal tips from gotvapes that work fantastically in the Phoenix. Let me see if I can find them.

edit

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_74&products_id=979

These!

Husker86

Jack_AG

Banned
Please please detail your methods here! This is something I would like to try. Also with the FDA shit going on we may have to start doing this.

Here's mine... of course... buy BULK

Nic:
http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=60_65

Flavors, PG, VG:
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-108-the-flavor-apprentice-world-of-flavors.aspx

I can make a 30ml bottle of 24mg, including the plastic locking bottle (thank you alibaba! eBay for smaller quantities) and label it for 2.80

Less nic = cheaper.

BE SURE TO BUY A NICOTINE TEST KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Never trust what that label says when you make your own. Be sure to wear a mask with 100mg/ml. NEVER let the bottle sit open for more than "just long enough" to syringe the amount of nic you need. Can be refrigerated and it will last up to 18 months. Non-refrigerated I'd give it about 12 months. KEEP THAT SHIT CLOSED.

Test about 1ml of nic fluid to see how much nic is contained - depeding on the acid used - you WILL get different numbers so PAY ATTENTION (0.1N or 0.12N Sulfuric Acid give different numbers when testing and need different multipliers)! 24mg/30ML from a 100mg/ml nic is 720mg of total nic.

That's 7.2ml of PG based nic.
Now add your flavor. If 10% flavor is all you need that's 3ml
Brings you to 10.2ml of PG based fluid.
Use an additional 4.8ml of straight PG.
Use an additional 15ml of straight VG.

There's 30ml of 50/50. Obviously edit to your mixture liking. VAPE THE FUCK ON!

Lakitu

st5fu
Anybody in UK know where I can get an e-cigarette kit? Price isn't a concern. I've decided to quit and all I can manage to do now is chew my inhaler. I need help.

I'd really like the best one possible.

daw840

Anybody in UK know where I can get an e-cigarette kit? Price isn't a concern. I've decided to quit and all I can manage to do now is chew my inhaler. I need help.

Option 1 in the op should do you well. Not positive if they ship to the uk though.

Yep, option 1 in the op is a most optimal starting kit. Not so much a kit, since you'll have to buy separately, but you'll get more and better bang for your buck. Here's the Ego Twist. Add the charger for an additional £4.50. Get two batteries if you want to vape while the other is charging, or if you think you can hold out you can always buy a second battery later. Here's a pack of 5 Phoenix Clearomizers with free shipping. You'll need to fill them with juices of your choice, if you let me know what kind you're interested in I'll recommend some good UK juice places. Fruit, menthol, tobacco, dessert... you name it, you can probably vape it :p

Chopper

Yep, option 1 in the op is a most optimal starting kit. Not so much a kit, since you'll have to buy separately, but you'll get more and better bang for your buck. Here's the Ego Twist. Add the charger for an additional £4.50. Get two batteries if you want to vape while the other is charging, or if you think you can hold out you can always buy a second battery later. Here's a pack of 5 Phoenix Clearomizers with free shipping. You'll need to fill them with juices of your choice, if you let me know what kind you're interested in I'll recommend some good UK juice places. Fruit, menthol, tobacco, dessert... you name it, you can probably vape it :p
Thanks for this info. I didn't ask for it, but it's very helpful to me. As far as flavours are concerned, I'm not sure my imagination can decide on where to start. I'm thinking something blueberryary and vanillary, I guess. Is there juice flavoured like pot?

Thanks for this info. I didn't ask for it, but it's very helpful to me. As far as flavours are concerned, I'm not sure my imagination can decide on where to start. I'm thinking something blueberryary and vanillary, I guess. Is there juice flavoured like pot?

Unfortunately my go-to for fruit and vanilla, Pixie Juice, is closed for a little while. Should be open soon. Grant's Vanilla Custard is my favourite dessert vape and is incredibly popular in the UK right now (so much so that availability on his site is always low, if not unavailable). Blueberry isn't a flavour I've vaped, but Pink Spot have one and I enjoy their juice watermelon. They have Blueberry Mojito too which seems to be more popular/have better reviews.

As for pot, I did notice it on Paradise Vape. But I haven't tried it, and I can't see it being all that good. Reviews seem mixed.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm back with my experience on the 510.

First I would like to thanks outstanding member daw840 for pointing me at something that was exactly what I was thinking about.

Battery wise, I got a big surprise, from everyone here I was hoping 2-3 hours, 4 at best. Well, I am happy to announce I vaped over 8 hours on one battery. From 13:30 to 21:15. Had to pop the second battery just as django started spinning on the drive.

I still don't know what all the 5 mouthpieces were about considering this one's a cartomizer tho.

Vapour production was better than disposables and of a moderate amount, yet sufficient for my needs. Flavor was very nice and a big upgrade over the disposables.

The size of it made it easy to transport and discreet to handle. Tiny bit too long, but guess one can't have everything.

My only gripe so far is that from time to time I get a nasty burnt hit. I assume that means the cartomizer is empty and I refill, at which point I'm fine for a while.

I do vape more continously than if I smoke, which worries me but since I'm using 6mg juice it might be not as bad. Who knows.

The wall charger was defective and I found out it uses the same voltage?vattage? as the iPhone 4 charge so I clutch used it. The shop was very, very quick to reply to my email and I have been told they have already mailed one. As is customary in all addiction-related business I got a free taster along with my first order. Which means I got two bottles. It's a green bottle that smells of oranges; I am not sure if I should smoke that haha!

I am thinking on getting a drip tip just so I don't have to remove it everytime I want to refill. We'll see. Luckily the 510 is one of the most popular models and there's tons of mods for it.

Chopper

To save money, I think I want to jump straight into using a tank. I don't want to have to modify any cartos in the process, and I can see that there are plenty of tank cartos available. Tanks just look too cool (Imo. Busardo's go-to is fucking boss), and the added juice volume would be a huge plus for me. Can anyone recommend a decent tank (and compatible cartos)? I am still getting to grips with reliable brands, and sourcing them in the UK appears to be a bit of a minefield.

Edit: Would these fit in these?

Edit 2: How does this look?

GCOyv07.jpg

Top Bottom