• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Chopper

Honestly man I'd go with the Kanger T3. It lasts me at the very least all day. Sometimes two.
B...b..but 5.5mls! Can't seem to find a UK stockist for the T3.

How is tank maintenace? Presumably the seals need attention regularly, and they can do with cleaning out?

Would I need a"drip tip", or is there a mouth piece on the tank/carto?

B...b..but 5.5mls! Can't seem to find a UK stockist for the T3.

How is tank maintenace? Presumably the seals need attention regularly, and they can do with cleaning out?

Would I need a"drip tip", or is there a mouth piece on the tank/carto?

3ml is plenty for a full days vaping, and it's incredibly easy to fill and maintain/clean. If you're getting an Ego battery it's a much better fit than a bigger tank.

Where are you looking for UK stockists? You should be able to find pretty much all recommended hardware in the UK quite easily. A simple google search of "UK Kanger T3" shows the top 5 results of 5 UK stores that stock them. I'd recommend this vendor because they have free shipping (and an optional bundle of 3 extra heads). It comes with its own mouth piece.

Lakitu

st5fu
Yep, option 1 in the op is a most optimal starting kit. Not so much a kit, since you'll have to buy separately, but you'll get more and better bang for your buck. Here's the Ego Twist. Add the charger for an additional £4.50. Get two batteries if you want to vape while the other is charging, or if you think you can hold out you can always buy a second battery later. Here's a pack of 5 Phoenix Clearomizers with free shipping. You'll need to fill them with juices of your choice, if you let me know what kind you're interested in I'll recommend some good UK juice places. Fruit, menthol, tobacco, dessert... you name it, you can probably vape it :p

Thanks man. Really appreciate this.

I'm not really interested in flavoury stuff, I hate menthol cigarettes for instance. I'd probably just like to stick to tobacco.

Thanks man. Really appreciate this.

I'm not really interested in flavoury stuff, I hate menthol cigarettes for instance. I'd probably just like to stick to tobacco.

No problem. I'm not a big vaper of tabacco flavours, but I know enough to know that there are good and bad ones. Two I see recommended regularly are El Toro and Temptation and Hedges. Both made by steeping actual tobacco leaf rather than using flavourings.

daw840

If you have a twist get the higher ohm rating option. If you have a regular non variable voltage battery get the low ohm version.

Chopper

3ml is plenty for a full days vaping, and it's incredibly easy to fill and maintain/clean. If you're getting an Ego battery it's a much better fit than a bigger tank.

Where are you looking for UK stockists? You should be able to find pretty much all recommended hardware in the UK quite easily. A simple google search of "UK Kanger T3" shows the top 5 results of 5 UK stores that stock them. I'd recommend this vendor because they have free shipping (and an optional bundle of 3 extra heads). It comes with its own mouth piece.
My bad. Is it a good clearomiser? I heard some need tipping in order to get the best vape. Is that something you consider when using a T3?

I picked some up today to try to help my girl and mom quit, went with the first option from the OP, but had to get kanger t3 which seems to be okay.. picked up a variety of juice from vermilion, I'll let you guys know how it goes

GavinGT

Banned
Think I'll order temptation and hedges. Thanks.

I'm buying the clearomisers now, but I've no idea what a resistance level is.

I'm assuming you got the eGo-C Twist battery recommended as option 1 in the OP. It allows you to adjust the voltage of the battery by twisting the dial. It goes between 3.2V and 4.8V. You should consult a table such as this one to indicate the optimal voltage you should set the battery for a particular clearomizer. Set the voltage too low for a given resistance and it won't produce adequate vapor. Set it too high and you'll potentially damage the heating element in the clearomizer by sending too much current through it. A good rule is to start at the lowest voltage and then crank it up slowly until you're happy with the vapor.

Mathematically, current = voltage / resistance. So increasing voltage increases current, as does decreasing resistance.

What is the best starter e cig? I wanna get cartridges with fairly low nicotine and then get some with no nicotine.

Option 1 in the OP, unless you find it too expensive. You won't be buying filled cartridges, but rather reusing the same ones with juice you purchase separately. When you order the juice, you can customize the amount of nicotine you want it to contain.

My bad. Is it a good clearomiser? I heard some need tipping in order to get the best vape. Is that something you consider when using a T3?

My experience with them has been mostly great, I haven't needed to tip in order to get a good vape; it's bottom fed so the wick is constantly wet. The Vivi Nova and Stardust needs tipping to keep the wick wet. It seems there are some bad heads going around so you might consider it a risk to buy one but aside from the Phoenix clearo's, they're the best I've had.

Broseybrose

daw, can you update option 2 in the OP? If you click the link, youll see that Hoosier updated the kit to V2 and now comes with (2) 1100mah SLB KGO Batteries and (2) SLB EGO Clearos, instead of the atomizers that used to come in the kit. The OP still says LR attys. Its also a dollar cheaper now, $42.99. Thank you!

Personally, I still think its the best option for someone new to ecigs that doesnt want to spend over $50 without knowing exactly what theyre getting into. Or for someone who isnt sure if they want variable voltage. Because the ONLY thing you dont get going this route is variable voltage.

TheContact

Has anyone tried the Volcano Magma? My friend got the Inferno but its a little big and too much for me. The magma seems like a good fit but I'm wondering if I should follow the OPs recommendation for Option 1 or just buy the Magma kit

I want to treat it more like a hookah and don't want any nicotine in the liquids

TheContact

Here's what I ended up ordering, I was told by the rep a syringe would make filling the thing with liquid easier.., hit just over the $55 mark so I would get free shipping. Hopefully I got everything I needed.

Untitled.png

edit: Hoosier's customer service is awesome btw

Broseybrose

Here's what I ended up ordering, I was told by the rep a syringe would make filling the thing with liquid easier.., hit just over the $55 mark so I would get free shipping. Hopefully I got everything I needed.

Untitled.png

Looks like youll have everything you need. Glad you saw my post. However now i feel obliged to point you toward the Phoenix Clearomizers from Gotvapes.com. $12 for a 5pc box (w specific needle and tip for filling). They are all i use on my KGO batteries and I recommend them to everyone and all. You dont have to order them right away, but order them before you make a final judgement on anything, because they are the best performing clearos ive ever come across in 3 years of vaping.

daw840

daw, can you update option 2 in the OP? If you click the link, youll see that Hoosier updated the kit to V2 and now comes with (2) 1100mah SLB EGO Batteries and (2) SLB EGO Clearos, instead of the atomizers that used to come in the kit. The OP still says LR attys. Its also a dollar cheaper now, $42.99. Thank you!

Personally, I still think its the best option for someone new to ecigs that doesnt want to spend over $50 without knowing exactly what theyre getting into. Or for someone who isnt sure if they want variable voltage. Because the ONLY thing you dont get going this route is variable voltage.

Done!

Yeah. They are both good options. This starter kit is best for someone trying to keep the investment at a minimum, but variable voltage is a game changer and makes the whole experience so much better in my opinion.

From my experience with 0mg Juice, it doesn't have the same throat hit as a hookah and depending on the brand of juice, sometimes the flavor doesn't seem as strong. Of course, I didn't try every type of juice out there so your mileage may vary.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So I've been vaping NLV pretty much exclusively for months now. I need to switch it up. Anyone got a favorite tobacco flavor to recommend?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
El Toro is absolutely huge here in Europe. They ship worldwide too. No flavourings, all natural.

I'm gonna put in an order for them soon. Kind of a commitment since they are 60ml bottles... I vape around 1-2 ml per day so it's close to two months worth of juice!

Anyways I think I read somewhere these cartos have a limited life... How long can I expect stock 510's to last? How do you know it's dying? Does it just stop working?

Thanks.

I'm gonna put in an order for them soon. Kind of a commitment since they are 60ml bottles... I vape around 1-2 ml per day so it's close to two months worth of juice!

Anyways I think I read somewhere these cartos have a limited life... How long can I expect stock 510's to last? How do you know it's dying? Does it just stop working?

Thanks.

They do 10ml samplers too. But the price for 60ml is pretty good, to be honest.

Depending on use, they can last a couple of weeks. I haven't used carto's in a while though, I'm used to clearo's which last longer (Phoenix is pretty perfect for a 510 battery, but I think I read you don't like the idea of using a syringe). They likely won't just outright die, you'll know when its best to leave them alone when they start tasting bad and/or the performance significantly drops (tight draw, low vapour production etc). They're cheap to replace though; Boge are the recommended brand.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
They do 10ml samplers too. But the price for 60ml is pretty good, to be honest.

Depending on use, they can last a couple of weeks. I haven't used carto's in a while though, I'm used to clearo's which last longer (Phoenix is pretty perfect for a 510 battery, but I think I read you don't like the idea of using a syringe). They likely won't just outright die, you'll know when its best to leave them alone when they start tasting bad and/or the performance significantly drops (tight draw, low vapour production etc). They're cheap to replace though; Boge are the recommended brand.

I see, thanks.

On top of the syringe the Phoenix are from gotvapes and clearing customs is a pain. There's something called the vision nano clearo (saw on vapescape) that looks like a Phoenix but its way easier to refill. I'll give those boge a look tho, thanks!.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I may try and get some of that El Toro. Not sure I want to wait weeks for it, though. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks for posting this, man. I've tried the blu disposables and figured this was the way to go. But, I was a little hesitant to pull the trigger until I was sure I had included all the necessary stuff. I'm pretty much copying your order (with a lot of nicotine added). Hopefully I'll be able to figure out assembly when a pile of batteries and plastic bits show up at my front door!

Chopper

Why can't I find a UK retailer who can sell me an eGo Twist 510, with Phoenix clearos, a filling syringe and some nice, reliable blueberyy/vanilla juice all in one hit?

Also, what resistance levels do I need to worry about if I have a twist battery?

Why can't I find a UK retailer who can sell me an eGo Twist 510, with Phoenix clearos, a filling syringe and some nice, reliable blueberyy/vanilla juice all in one hit?

Also, what resistance levels do I need to worry about if I have a twist battery?

Getting it all from one vendor isn't really much of a worry since they're all usually super quick. It is if you have to add multiple shipping, but the place I linked to for the Phoenix clearos earlier does free shipping (to the UK at least). Juice in particular is something I'll go out of my way to get from a specific vendor after a bit of research. There are a lot of crappy juices and a lot of great juices; getting one from a vendor just because you're already ordering with them is a gamble.

As for resistance, the beauty of having a twist is that you don't have to worry too much about it since you can change the voltage til it's just right. You might as well go for the highest you can get though so you'll have more wiggle room to adjust and go to higher voltages (though 3.7-4 is pretty much the highest I'd go to for a Phoenix; they burn easily). This chart will give you a good idea though. The Twist lets you vape from 3.2 - 4.8 volts.

Chopper

Getting it all from one vendor isn't really much of a worry since they're all usually super quick. It is if you have to add multiple shipping, but the place I linked to for the Phoenix clearos earlier does free shipping (to the UK at least). Juice in particular is something I'll go out of my way to get from a specific vendor after a bit of research. There are a lot of crappy juices and a lot of great juices; getting one from a vendor just because you're already ordering with them is a gamble.

As for resistance, the beauty of having a twist is that you don't have to worry too much about it since you can change the voltage til it's just right. You might as well go for the highest you can get though so you'll have more wiggle room to adjust and go to higher voltages (though 3.7-4 is pretty much the highest I'd go to for a Phoenix; they burn easily). This chart will give you a good idea though. The Twist lets you vape from 3.2 - 4.8 volts.
Thanks for the info man. Again. And I know it's probably a stupid question, but is there a specific type of syringe I'd need to fill the Phoenix? They don't appear to ship with a means to fill them.

Thanks for the info man. Again. And I know it's probably a stupid question, but is there a specific type of syringe I'd need to fill the Phoenix? They don't appear to ship with a means to fill them.

They come with a syringe and two syringe heads. Aside from that, the only advice you need is that you always fill them upside down (syringe pointing to the sky) otherwise the juice will be pushed out of the bottom.

ReaperXL7

Just figured id let everyone know incase it had not been mentioned, but the petition has reached the required number of sigs to get an offical response from the white house. I dont know how much good it will do, but it feels good that people care...dont want to go back to tobacco.

Cant wait for my new stuff to come so i can give a proper update. I would highly recommend juice from Alice in vapeland though, just blown away by their service, and the juices are great.

Just a word of warning. When buying the Pheonix Clearos.. don't make the same mistake I did and buy the Top Coil because you're in a hurry and not paying attention. The Top Coil version is a lot more frustrating as it doesn't wick very well.

Broseybrose

Just a word of warning. When buying the Pheonix Clearos.. don't make the same mistake I did and buy the Top Coil because you're in a hurry and not paying attention. The Top Coil version is a lot more frustrating as it doesn't wick very well.

OMG im so sorry. The whole great thing about the Phoenix/CE3 clearos is that theyre bottom coil. I didnt even know they made top coil Phoenixes otherwise i wouldve specified everytime i mentioned them.

OMG im so sorry. The whole great thing about the Phoenix/CE3 clearos is that theyre bottom coil. I didnt even know they made top coil Phoenixes otherwise i wouldve specified everytime i mentioned them.

oh no man it's totally my fault. I'm sure it's mentioned many times in the thread that they're bottom coil. In fact the bottom coil ones are linked directly multiple times as well. The first batch I bought was bottom coil. I just was in a hurry to buy late one night and didn't pay attention when I was navigating the site. Complete screw up on my part alone.

Husker86

Just made my first 30mL of e-liquid with the ingredients in my other post on this page.

Fuck yeah!

Total estimated cost for 30mL @12mg was ~$2.40. Made it 75/25, used some cherry flavor and it is good. Added some drops of the other flavors I got afterwards just for kicks...now I gotta vape this 2mL I put in so I can try that (I really need more T3 tanks...I just have a lot of replacement heads and one tank).

It was incredibly simple and I won't have to buy juice for a long while with what I have.

I did not test the strength of nicotine that I got, Jack_AG...don't yell at me! I bought 60mg so I figure if they accidentally gave me 100mg I'd still be at a safe level (though I probably would have noticed the increased throat hit right away).

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm assuming you got the eGo-C Twist battery recommended as option 1 in the OP. It allows you to adjust the voltage of the battery by twisting the dial. It goes between 3.2V and 4.8V. You should consult a table such as this one to indicate the optimal voltage you should set the battery for a particular clearomizer. Set the voltage too low for a given resistance and it won't produce adequate vapor. Set it too high and you'll potentially damage the heating element in the clearomizer by sending too much current through it. A good rule is to start at the lowest voltage and then crank it up slowly until you're happy with the vapor.

Mathematically, current = voltage / resistance. So increasing voltage increases current, as does decreasing resistance.

Thanks! Looking at the chart, I've decided on 2.4 to 2.6 resistance level. I hope that works well.

Chopper

Sorry to come back to this. I'm about to commit to some Phoenix (or CE3s), but have to choose between 2.2-2.4, and 2.8-3 Ohms. Is the "higher" resistance literally the higher option, and the best to go with my Twist (ie. 2.8-3 Ohms)?

did not know this thread existed, awesome!

Ok so I need some advice. My buddy has one of these and I was always taking drags off of it. Last time we hung out, I got super hammered and ordered some ultimate starter kit, which seems to be working out great.

The real main question I have is what is a "high" amount of niccotine per ml?

This is what I got. Is this higher or lower than normal?

1 x Premium Vapor King Traditional Tobacco (Cowboy) CoolCart Cartomizers 36mg $0.00

Ordered from vapor4life.com

Husker86

did not know this thread existed, awesome!

Ok so I need some advice. My buddy has one of these and I was always taking drags off of it. Last time we hung out, I got super hammered and ordered some ultimate starter kit, which seems to be working out great.

The real main question I have is what is a "high" amount of niccotine per ml?

This is what I got. Is this higher or lower than normal?

1 x Premium Vapor King Traditional Tobacco (Cowboy) CoolCart Cartomizers 36mg $0.00

Ordered from vapor4life.com
36 is high. I use 12 but I had slowed down my smoking before I started ecigs. The throat hit is good for me at 12, I've never even tried 24.

36 is high. I use 12 but I had slowed down my smoking before I started ecigs. The throat hit is good for me at 12, I've never even tried 24.

yikes i went back and checked, 36 is the highest the website sells. probably need to knock it down, they have an 11 mg option.

this is what i get for ordering a starter pack totally hammered.

edit: just ordered some 4MG carts, the lowest they have. Since I am previously un-addicted to nicotine there is no reason to go nuts right off the bat.

Broseybrose

With VV eGos it best to use 2.5ohm or 3.0ohm atty/carto.

These allow a wide range of voltage to go between. With 1.5ohms anything over 4.0 Volts would not only be bad for the batttery, it wouldnt work.

It is known that using a LR attys/cartos will shorten the overall life of any eGo style battery.

Sorry to come back to this. I'm about to commit to some Phoenix (or CE3s), but have to choose between 2.2-2.4, and 2.8-3 Ohms. Is the "higher" resistance literally the higher option, and the best to go with my Twist (ie. 2.8-3 Ohms)?

Yes, that's right. Make sure to never go above 4.2 volts with them though as they burn easily. Even 4.2 produces a bad taste with a lot of juices, I usually vape at 3.8 even with the highest resistance.

I'd probably puke off 36 mg. haha. And I occasionally smoke analogs!

well one cart has lasted me more than a week so far because I never really take more than a drag or two at a time and I don't bring it to work with me. So I didn't really notice, but yeah now realizing how much it is, if I smoked it like a cigarette for 5 minutes that would probably jack me up lol

Chopper

Right. I'm all ordered. Ego twist, a load of Phoenix clearos and some blueberry ice and candy floss juice (just for fun) headed my way. Can't wait to get vaping and put these fucking analogs down.

Top Bottom