• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Chopper

Pixiejuice.co.uk appears to have ceased trading due to the vendor's health. Are there any other sites that will mix flavours with high-quality results for those of us in the UK? I reeeeeaaaaally want a blueberry/vanilla combo!

kafiend

Pixiejuice.co.uk appears to have ceased trading due to the vendor's health. Are there any other sites that will mix flavours with high-quality results for those of us in the UK? I reeeeeaaaaally want a blueberry/vanilla combo!

Try planetofthevapes a uk based forum with lots of vendor info. I mix my own so no idea where to get what you need.

Man that's too bad, it was my favourite vendor and easily the most consistent. I never got a bad juice and her Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream was fantastic. As kafiend mentioned, Planet of the Vapes is good for recommendations, as is UKVapers. I've linked directly to their juice review sections.

Some popular UK juice sites: Waves of Vapour, Liberty Flights, Grizwalds, Enjuice, T-Juice, Ace Vapers, Grant's Vanilla Custard, House of Liquid, Switch-2-ecigs, Alba Vapers (Thug Juice is fantastic)

commedieu

Banned
Man, I really have to say. I wish I started this earlier....

I've virtually had maybe, 3 cigs over the weekend? Versus my normal... 10(probably 20). And at work, No more breaks. Best part is that my gf and I are both doing it, and noticing how it does curb the habit. Sure, its replacing it with another one, but it smells better, and is hopefully healthier. ;-)

Still researching kits, gunna get us a couple. *Saw the one in OP, op*.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Anyways, I got my vision nano bottom coil clearos.

These things are tiny!

They are sort of like the phoenixes, but around 1ml max load. No syringe tho! You will need a liquid dispenser with a thin end or a small funnel if your ejuice provider does not ship bottles with such a system (house of liquid, I'm looking at you!). Just twist the tip and use your preferred method to fill it. You can still go raw at it, but it will spill your precious ejuice.

So far, no leaking.

Vapor and flavour are out of this world although they are tuned to be used with standard 510 batteries. If any of you is using one of these variable voltage batteries, well, probably the lowest end will work better. They are great for 510 kit users for this reason and a worthwhile alternative to the boges and phoenixes of this world.

Now, I've heard thick juices are very harsh on them. Also like pretty much everything in the hobby, they're cheap shit from China so buyer beware. They're sold on the uk at 2.95 pounds per but this is just indicative, I'm sure you can find them on other places.

Chopper

Man that's too bad, it was my favourite vendor and easily the most consistent. I never got a bad juice and her Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream was fantastic. As kafiend mentioned, Planet of the Vapes is good for recommendations, as is UKVapers. I've linked directly to their juice review sections.

Some popular UK juice sites: Waves of Vapour, Liberty Flights, Grizwalds, Enjuice, T-Juice, Ace Vapers, Grant's Vanilla Custard, House of Liquid, Switch-2-ecigs, Alba Vapers (Thug Juice is fantastic)
You are frickin awesome man. I went ahead with Alba this time round, with some Thug, Swedish Fish (these sweets are awesome) and vanilla custard. Great site.

Wallach

My stuff arrived! I got the ego C Twist and the Kanger 2.5 clearomizer. I got several different flavors, right now trying the Mountain Flavor from OKC Vapes.

Already, even though I literally just started using it, it's much better than the ones I used a few years ago. It's damned amazing compared to that one actually, and I think I am in love already.

Nice! I'd recommend getting a couple other cheap devices - maybe a couple cartomizers and atomizers from somewhere just so you can get a sense for how each affects the flavor/hit of the juice you're using. It's hard to say how well the Kanger is working without a comparative base.

My Melon Boba refill should be coming today. I went into this thinking I'd be vaping a lot of tobacco-ish type flavors but the ones I'm really enjoying are fruity and bright flavors.

Broseybrose

Considering it's already about 6000% better than the tiny one I used to have, I am pretty happy. I might shop around a bit more just to see, but as of right now, I am totally pleased. There is NO burned taste, which is what turned me off the other one. Amazing.

Youre well on the path now. Say goodbye to being a walking smelly smoke stack!

And say hello to better health, money saved, never smelling like a cig again, getting your senses of smell and taste back, and the endless search for the perfect nicquid.

My favorite juice sites are quoted above.

daw840

Youre well on the path now. Say goodbye to being a walking smelly smoke stack!

And say hello to better health, money saved, never smelling like a cig again, getting your senses of smell and taste back, and the endless search for the perfect nicquid.

My favorite juice sites are quoted above.
I'd like to say I never smell like a cig. Unfortunately I'm weak and fall back into it every once in a while.

Like right now.

A question from a non-smoker: did you enjoy the taste of tobacco? The actual tobacco flavors seem to not be as/very popular here, but I kind of doubt many of you smoked fruit-flavored cigarettes, and indeed probably would have sneered at the idea.

I have gadget-envy with these devices, but I would find it weird to start using nicotine now. "Ooh, there's a drug I've never tried!"

A question from a non-smoker: did you enjoy the taste of tobacco? The actual tobacco flavors seem to not be as/very popular here, but I kind of doubt many of you smoked fruit-flavored cigarettes, and indeed probably would have sneered at the idea.

I have gadget-envy with these devices, but I would find it weird to start using nicotine now. "Ooh, there's a drug I've never tried!"

There's a bit of stigma with flavored cigs but when I smoked there was a time I'd get Camel Twists in a tin. They had something in the filter that would give the cigs a slight flavor.

Aside from that though, smokers do develop a taste for specific types or brands of tobacco. I'd liken it Coffee in that sense. Personally though.. getting the nicotine with a more pleasurable flavor is the reason why I stick with fruit/food flavors over Tobacco flavors. That and I didn't come across any tobacco flavors that tasted "right" when I first started.. but now that I've found other flavors I enjoy, I figure why go back to tobacco taste?

I don't think most people start smoking because they love the taste of tobacco; though they might grow to enjoy it. Many people start using e-cigs with tobacco liquid, then as they're browsing they'll see one of the many delicious sounding flavours that might catch their eye, try it, and can't go back to tobacco.

Also, you don't have to use nicotine with these devices. Many juices offer a 0mg nicotine of pure flavouring. That is mostly what I use unless it's a flavour I love and I have no choice.

Chopper

Got my Alba Vapes delivery through this morning.

Gotta say, I'm not digging the Thug. The initial taste is nice and sweet, but is followed by a nasty synthetic, soapy taste that I can't handle for long. Likewise, the custard flavour I got. I appreciate that's a stupid flavour to go for anyway, but hey, I'm experimenting here. I'm keen to find a good vanilla juice, but this was not it. The Swedish fish is better. Has a short, sharp taste of Haribo jelly babies, but again, seems to have a nastier aftertaste.

I'm not experienced enough to know whether this is a symptom of poorly chosen flavours, poor quality juice, a dodgy battery(?!), dodgy clearomizers (I'm using CE3s), or a combination. I got a similarly nasty experience with the cotton candy juice I got from the ecigstore. It was harsh, and had a nasty burnt taste even when I tried multiple clearomizers and used the lowest setting on my twist.

Juice shopping really is a minefield.

The best I've used, and the one I'm going to stick with for the time being, is the Blue Ice I got from ecigstore, as well as the lovely little tester they sent me, which was Hawaiian Tropical, or something.

Juice shopping is a minefield, and a subjective one at that so recommendations can only take you part of the way. At least half of the juices I've got have been disappointing. But it makes the good ones all the better. Thug juice is, for example, my second favourite flavour. I don't detect anything soapy or synthetic in it (perhaps it's the menthol that's not gelling with you?). That isn't to say you have a problem somewhere down the line like a dodgy clearomizer or battery, it just might not be for you. I've hated some of the highest recommended juices I've found. I received a highly regarded maple syrup flavour this morning and I think it tastes like sweet socks with a hint of curry. Vanilla custard is a hard flavour to nail, and there's only really two I'd recommend -- Grant's and Pixie Juice's. Well, just Grant's I guess now that Pixie Juice has closed shop.

I know that I never "enjoyed" the taste of cigarettes. It was a crutch -- my backstabbing buddy, if you will. That said, I started vaping with tobacco flavors because it was what I thought would keep me from smoking traditional cigarettes. I used to smoke menthol cigs, in particular Maverick and Newports.

I started vaping the fruit and dessert flavors because the tobaccos weren't representing cigarette taste. I figured I'd go as far from it as possible since that taste (which I recognized as "nasty") was not attainable.

Now I've gone back to tobaccos....I'm starting to appreciate the flavor of various tobaccos and not needing that burning taste or ammonia or the other thousands of things added to a cigarette.

Holy hell. Got my Boge cartos the other day and my goodness. First pull I took a long smooth one like I would with the stock atty and carts that came with my Joye 510. Got a FULL lung fill. Almost start coughing. It was glorious.

I don't like not knowing the juice level in them, but man they hit very very good.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Holy hell. Got my Boge cartos the other day and my goodness. First pull I took a long smooth one like I would with the stock atty and carts that came with my Joye 510. Got a FULL lung fill. Almost start coughing. It was glorious.

I don't like not knowing the juice level in them, but man they hit very very good.

Next step: tanks. Then you'll never have to worry about filling the carto and you'll visibly see the juice level.

I'm a fairly new vaper, bought my vv ego batteries and some vivi novas 2 or 3 months ago. It took a while, but I finally have the right gear and juices to really enjoy vaping. To me, carto tanks are key for ease of use and quality of vape. I can't use clearos anymore, they seem to kill my favorite flavors. With all the shit I ordered, I went from 8-9 packs a week to ~1 per week. I'd like to stop buying cigarettes all together, but they're so nice sometimes...

I know that I never "enjoyed" the taste of cigarettes. It was a crutch -- my backstabbing buddy, if you will. That said, I started vaping with tobacco flavors because it was what I thought would keep me from smoking traditional cigarettes. I used to smoke menthol cigs, in particular Maverick and Newports.

I started vaping the fruit and dessert flavors because the tobaccos weren't representing cigarette taste. I figured I'd go as far from it as possible since that taste (which I recognized as "nasty") was not attainable.

Now I've gone back to tobaccos....I'm starting to appreciate the flavor of various tobaccos and not needing that burning taste or ammonia or the other thousands of things added to a cigarette.

I thought I wouldn't like tobacco juices too, based on my first impressions of some nasty juices. I ordered some RY4 from indigo vapor and it's by far the best juice I've had. Good vapor, flavor, throat hit and I never get tired of it. They also sent me a free sample of Captain Ron, it's a lighter baccy juice with banana and a hint of coconut. It's just as good, if not better than the RY4.

chuckddd is right on with his suggestion of carto tanks. Valley View Vapor sells some good tanks at a cheap price, $7.99 for the most basic plastic tanks and $15-30 for some nice glass tanks. I believe it's only one guy though, so it can take him a while to build them and ship them out.

Wallach

Hi guys I'm new to this. I bought this http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-466932376-cigarraeletronicaego-toriginalkitduplo-_JM and it must arrive in the 02/26 and im kinda anxious.

Will it work? Will I drop the regular cigarettes? I smoke 40 cigarettes a day (malboro or camel) and I'm tired. Wish me luck...

Well, the first thing you need to have is a strong mindset if you're serious about quitting.

You're going to notice pretty quickly that nicotine delivered by an e-cigarette does not satisfy cigarette cravings in the way a cigarette would. Cigarettes are horrible things that contain over a thousand chemicals, many of which are combined in a way to amplify the reinforcing effect; you'll figure out pretty quickly that you're not just addicted to nicotine, and the craving will linger.

Make a plan - only you know yourself well enough to know whether you'd honestly make it if you tried to drop cigarettes cold turkey and use these devices full time knowing what I told you above. You might need to make a longer-term plan where you cut down your cigarette use each day or week while using the e-cig to replace times where you'd normally have a smoke.

Give yourself every chance to succeed. If that means you only cut down on one cigarette a week then it means there's a point where you will be cigarette-free somewhere down the road. Make that your goal and even if it takes you months, that's better than making the transition too hard and giving up on it altogether.

Well, the first thing you need to have is a strong mindset if you're serious about quitting.

You're going to notice pretty quickly that nicotine delivered by an e-cigarette does not satisfy cigarette cravings in the way a cigarette would. Cigarettes are horrible things that contain over a thousand chemicals, many of which are combined in a way to amplify the reinforcing effect; you'll figure out pretty quickly that you're not just addicted to nicotine, and the craving will linger.

Make a plan - only you know yourself well enough to know whether you'd honestly make it if you tried to drop cigarettes cold turkey and use these devices full time knowing what I told you above. You might need to make a longer-term plan where you cut down your cigarette use each day or week while using the e-cig to replace times where you'd normally have a smoke.

Give yourself every chance to succeed. If that means you only cut down on one cigarette a week then it means there's a point where you will be cigarette-free somewhere down the road. Make that your goal and even if it takes you months, that's better than making the transition too hard and giving up on it altogether.
Thanks
So it seems I will get withdrawal stuff. But if I can smoke this e-cig outside my house will be SO good. I mean I hate the smell of regular cigs, and people hate it too.

Wallach

Thanks
So it seems I will get withdrawal stuff. But if I can smoke this e-cig outside my house will be SO good. I mean I hate the smell of regular cigs, and people hate it too.

For someone like yourself with a pretty serious smoking habit, you're definitely going to feel it if you cut back on your cigarette use significantly.

E-cigs are effective at this task, don't get me wrong; certainly more than any of the garbage NRT products on the market. Especially so if you hate the smell/taste of cigarettes (and who doesn't, honestly), it's crazy the first time you take a pull on something that tastes and smells like melons but still has a cigarette-like throat hit and produces a ton of vapor. It's a pretty similar experience to smoking, it just doesn't actually contain the insane cocktail of toxic chemicals to affect your body in the same way cigarettes do.

Be honest and be serious about it, and everything else will fall into place. And there's plenty of people here to help if you have any questions or want more specific advice.

daw840

Just ordered from Grimm Green's new vapor company. Got a 15 ML bottle of Glacier Banana. Also placed an order with Rawr Vapor for Hawaii Sunrise, Truth Serum, Banana Cream Pie, and Dawn of Truth. All with menthol!

Thanks

Well.. keep in mind that you can still curb your withdrawal with vaping.. but it's going to require a more consistent habit. At the very least initially. So think about it like this.. if you walk outside for a smoke every.. 3 hours... you'll probably end up vaping (and this is my own personal estimate here) a session every 30 minutes or so? That's just because the Nic doesn't absorb quite as well with Vapor as it does with Smoke.. though it's way healthier with Vapor than with Smoke.

caramac

Thanks for the links, I'm not to fussed on how much I spend (within reason). I would like to get something that's going to give me an experience as close as possible to an analog.

Chopper

Thanks for the links, I'm not to fussed on how much I spend (within reason). I would like to get something that's going to give me an experience as close as possible to an analog.
Ah. I can't say the Twist will provide that. But I can say that it will provide an awesome vaping experience.

Sure, and thanks for that. Don't get me wrong here, I am open to suggestions.

As with most things I suppose its trial and error.

Are you looking for something that looks and feels like a cigarette, or something that performs like one? Unfortunate the two are hard to get together -- the smaller cig-sized batteries don't produce strong flavour/vapour, and the big batteries produce great flavour/vapour but they don't feel like a cigarette in the hand; you can't just casually grip it between two fingers.

caramac

Are you looking for something that looks and feels like a cigarette, or something that performs like one? Unfortunate the two are hard to get together -- the smaller cig-sized batteries don't produce strong flavour/vapour, and the big batteries produce great flavour/vapour but they don't feel like a cigarette in the hand; you can't just casually grip it between two fingers.

I'd have to go with something that performs like one here.

I'd have to go with something that performs like one here.

Option 1 in the op is your best bet then. Ego Twist. Charger. Clearomizers I'd recommend either (or both) CE3 or Kanger MT3. Then all you'll need is some juice.
Some popular UK juice sites: Waves of Vapour, Rawr, Grizwalds, Pink Spot, Enjuice, T-Juice, Ace Vapers, Grant's Vanilla Custard, The Alchemists Cupboard,House of Liquid (natural tobacco juice if you want it to taste like a cigarette), Switch-2-ecigs, Alba Vapers

The Vea was my first manual device actually. I still use both the batteries actually since they're passthrough ego clones. The only downside is that they used this rubber material for their cone (where the threads usually are) which makes certain types of Clearo's not compatible. They work great with my Pheonix though.

Awesome, thanks. So everything listed above is what I'll need for a complete set up, excluding juice?

*edit, and are there any parts that need regular replacement?

Yes, that's everything you'll need. The clearomizers will need replaced as the wicks wear down eventually and the juice won't taste as good. The CE3 comes in a pack of 5 so they should last you a good while. The Kanger MT3 lets you replace the wicks on the bottom, keeping the tank for as long as you need it so that too is cheap to upgrade (the heads are about £2.50 each and will last for 1-3 weeks).

caramac

One more question, hope you don't mind ...

Regarding the CE3, available in 4 different resistance levels. Can you explain briefly?

Not a problem. Different batteries offer different voltages, and low voltage devices require lower resistance cartomizers to get good flavour. You'll have an Ego Twist which can go from 3.2-4.8 volts, so get the highest resistance you can and it'll perform better at a higher voltage. Too high and you'll get a burnt taste though. The sweet spot for CE3's on the twist is usually 3.8 volts.

caramac

Not a problem. Different batteries offer different voltages, and low voltage devices require lower resistance cartomizers to get good flavour. You'll have an Ego Twist which can go from 3.2-4.8 volts, so get the highest resistance you can and it'll perform better at a higher voltage. Too high and you'll get a burnt taste though. The sweet spot for CE3's on the twist is usually 3.8 volts.

Thanks for taking time out, appreciated.

Top Bottom