• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

ReaperXL7

Well I ordered BanderSnatch(bannana and caramel), Zombie Apocolypse(Strawberry cupcake) and Sweet tease (Sweet Tea) Bandersnatch is not bad but its probably my least favorite of the three, its just not something that I can vape all day, and my wife hates the smell. When i first got it it was just a straight banana flavor, but steeping it will bring out the butter scotch after about 5 days or so.

Zombie Apocolypse tastes like a strawberry cupcake, personally did not need any steeping, though it does get better by doing so. Out of the three it gives me the least vapor, and has the most pronounced flavor of the three.

Sweet tease is my favorite of the three i have ordered so far, its a very subtle flavor especially when you first get it, but im going through it the fastest. Its a great flavor(though again subtle) the most vapor of the three, and great throat hit.

They also sent me small samples of crunkberry(captian crunch berries), twas brilling, frost blossom( which im not a menthol person), and one other that I forget.

Sweet tease is an easy all day for me, but i love tea, i also want to try white rabbit, cherry blosom, and they had a Rayven tobacco i wanted to try but it was limited.

For Kanger M-T3s, do you usually buy multiple to try out different juices or do you just clean it and replace the atomizer, or is that even necessary?

I plan on trying out my eGo tomorrow, but I have only one M-T3 and I picked up 3 juices to try out. I do have some replacement coils though. Hoping to post impressions tomorrow, but am trying to decide on whether to order a couple of more Kangers this weekend.

For Kanger M-T3s, do you usually buy multiple to try out different juices or do you just clean it and replace the atomizer, or is that even necessary?

I plan on trying out my eGo tomorrow, but I have only one M-T3 and I picked up 3 juices to try out. I do have some replacement coils though. Hoping to post impressions tomorrow, but am trying to decide on whether to order a couple of more Kangers this weekend.

I have 3, it's necessary if you want to quickly change flavours. You can change the flavour of one quite easily, especially if you have a new fresh head, but I find it easier and better to have several tanks to switch between so that you're not locked to one flavour until it's gone and you have to fill with new juice.

daw840

I have 2 kanger MT3s...one for menthol flavors and one for non menthol flavors. I find that when I change flavors, they mix for the first few vapes then the new flavor comes out strong.

ShinNL

Upgrade that battery to an Ego Twist and you'll have an even better vape. The Kanger MT3's sweet spot is 4.2 volts in my experience. I can even crank it up to 4.8 without getting burnt taste.
Ego Twist is Ego-C, right? Because to this day I still don't quite understand the difference between my Ego-T and Ego-C.

What am I looking at here? Looks like a 510 with mega battery on the left and is that an ego battery with Kanger on the right?
Correct, though the 510 battery isn't really that special... when I order the 510 battery separately, I get this length, which is much bigger than the one I originally got when I bought a set.

Ego Twist is Ego-C, right? Because to this day I still don't quite understand the difference between my Ego-T and Ego-C.

The Ego Twist is an ego battery with a variable voltage knob at the bottom. Ego batteries are typically 3.7 volts, the Ego Twist lets you switch between 3.2 and 4.8 volts in increments of .2 volts. This lets you use low resistance atomizers at lower voltages, and high resistance cartomizers at higher voltages without having to worry about it tasting burnt or too weak. Kanger MT3's, for example, are best at 4.2 volts in my experience. 3.7 is still good, but that extra bit of power adds a nice kick to the flavour and makes it shine.

I have 3, it's necessary if you want to quickly change flavours. You can change the flavour of one quite easily, especially if you have a new fresh head, but I find it easier and better to have several tanks to switch between so that you're not locked to one flavour until it's gone and you have to fill with new juice.

I have 2 kanger MT3s...one for menthol flavors and one for non menthol flavors. I find that when I change flavors, they mix for the first few vapes then the new flavor comes out strong.

Thank you both. I'll probably pick up a couple of others - 2 dedicated to main flavors I like and then a third to test out new juices.

ShinNL

The Ego Twist is an ego battery with a variable voltage knob at the bottom. Ego batteries are typically 3.7 volts, the Ego Twist lets you switch between 3.2 and 4.8 volts in increments of .2 volts. This lets you use low resistance atomizers at lower voltages, and high resistance cartomizers at higher voltages without having to worry about it tasting burnt or too weak. Kanger MT3's, for example, are best at 4.2 volts in my experience. 3.7 is still good, but that extra bit of power adds a nice kick to the flavour and makes it shine.
Wow thanks. Definitely something to consider when I've out used my current Ego then.

Broseybrose

My buddy has a couple of these. They are fucking awesome. I want one of the 650 mAh versions and one of the 1200 mAh versions.

Yeah, i think the eGo-V makes the Twist kinda obsolete. Only $5 more for one of these?

slbegov.png

Husker86

Yeah, i think the eGo-V makes the Twist kinda obsolete. Only $5 more for one of these?

http://www.gotvapes.com/images/slbegov.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I have an Ego-V and am thinking about getting a Twist as a second. It's nice, but you get less battery capacity and it costs more. The battery gauge is nice for piece of mind though.

jdl

Banned
looking at this stuff. do you guys spend much time cleaning out your stuff? does it tend to gunk up like a pipe would?

Currently Rawr, AIV, and Heathers Heavenly Vapes are my favorite juice vendors. Next on my list toto try are Vapalicious, and maybe Halo.

I enjoyed the 3 juices I tried from Vapalicious.

D's All Day - a berry medley with menthol

Golden Gate Punch - most say it tastes like berry sangria, but I get a....bubble gum, maybe taste? My favorite of the three.

Peach Bellini Tea - tastes like peach tea, with something cool added.

Good flavor and vapor from all three; throat hit wasn't strong to me, but it could be because I got them all in 12mg.

daw840

looking at this stuff. do you guys spend much time cleaning out your stuff? does it tend to gunk up like a pipe would?
Nope. Just water vapor. Got to run a QTip around the battery connector every once in a while to account for leakage.

Questions about Ego-C Twist

It says it has a 510 thread. I have 510 CE3 Clearomizer, so it will fit? Then what is an Ego to 510 adapter for, why do they sell it if Ego batteries have 510 connections?

Also, what is the "Cone" that they sell with the Ego battery for? Is it just cosmetic since the the 510 Clearos are thinner than the Ego battery?

Broseybrose

I just bought one from MyVaporStore.com. Cheaper than one in OP and I had already ordered from them before. I hate signing up for new sites.

I also get my eGo Twist batteries from MVS. Great vendor.

Questions about Ego-C Twist

It says it has a 510 thread. I have 510 CE3 Clearomizer, so it will fit? Then what is an Ego to 510 adapter for, why do they sell it if Ego batteries have 510 connections?

Also, what is the "Cone" that they sell with the Ego battery for? Is it just cosmetic since the the 510 Clearos are thinner than the Ego battery?

Yes the eGo has 510 threading. However, it also has another set of threads where the cone screws on, and 'eGo-threaded' devices screw on to those threads.

The eGo to 510 adapter allows an eGo threaded device to screw on to a regular 510 battery, which does not have the cone threads.

The cone is cosmetic.

caramac

Ok, firstly a word of thanks to the OP for this thread.
Secondly l have ordered all my stuff today from various places so I'm looking forward to several packages hopefully arriving over the next few days.

*edit, here's what I went for...

1 x Joyetech eGo-C Twist VV + charger
3 x Kanger MT3

Juices ...

1 x EL Toro Virginia Prime - 18MG
1 x Cinnamon Strapple - 18MG (I wanted the Hawaii Sunrise but they were out of stock)
1 x Truth Serum - 18MG
1 x Thug Juice - 18MG
1 x Blackberry & Apple pie with Custard - 18MG

I also get my eGo Twist batteries from MVS. Great vendor.

Yes the eGo has 510 threading. However, it also has another set of threads where the cone screws on, and 'eGo-threaded' devices screw on to those threads.

The eGo to 510 adapter allows an eGo threaded device to screw on to a regular 510 battery, which does not have the cone threads.

The cone is cosmetic.

Thank You!

Ugh, this tinkering is killing me. At least its relatively cheap. I'm staying away from Provari.

So how am I supposed to know if one of these cones will fit on my Twist with a phoenix clearomizer?

All the Ego and Ego clone devices have the same threading (IF they have threading), so that cone should fit as they're advertising it as an Ego cone. I also know from experience that a Phoenix Clearo fits inside a typical Ego cone.

When using a Kanger or CE4/CE5 Clearo, is it possible to not have that long black mouthpiece?

My CE3 came with the black one or just a little plug (which I prefer.) I don't want that long black mouthpiece.

Unfortunately not. There are clearo's that let you use your own drip tip, but the Kangers are fixed on. Fortunately for me I quite like them. I prefer the harder drip tips to the rubbery ones, I like to grip my teeth on them. I use a steel one on my CE3's, which is incredibly unsightly but I like it :p

jdl

Banned
Nope. Just water vapor. Got to run a QTip around the battery connector every once in a while to account for leakage.

that ego stuff looks like a huge hassle. one of the dudes i work with uses a piece he got from volcano. all he does is eyedrop the juice into the mouthpiece. no syringing or cleaning out. makes me wonder.

daw840

that ego stuff looks like a huge hassle. one of the dudes i work with uses a piece he got from volcano. all he does is eyedrop the juice into the mouthpiece. no syringing or cleaning out. makes me wonder.

Eh....that's a drip tip. I would never take that out and about. That stays home. That has nothing to do with "that ego stuff."

My ego has a tank system that lasts for a full day at the very least. Sometimes 2 days. All I carry is an extra battery just in case when I go out.

Chopper

"Ego stuff" just means it has an ego thread at the top, which will only provide you with more options. The majority of ego devices I've seen also support 510 connections, so as a beginner it is definitely your best option.

Drip tip atomizers are what I'm looking into now, about a month into vaping. It requires knowledge on building coils at specific resistances, so you're probably better off getting to grips with the basics first. If you do want to know where to begin with drip tips, Google IGO-L and watch some reviews on YouTube. If you don't know what anyone's talking about, watch PBusardo's ecig primer (worth putting in the OP imo).

Wallach

"Ego stuff" just means it has an ego thread at the top, which will only provide you with more options. The majority of ego devices I've seen also support 510 connections, so as a beginner it is definitely your best option.

Drip tip atomizers are what I'm looking into now, about a month into vaping. It requires knowledge on building coils at specific resistances, so you're probably better off getting to grips with the basics first. If you do want to know where to begin with drip tips, Google IGO-L and watch some reviews on YouTube. If you don't know what anyone's talking about, watch PBusardo's ecig primer (worth putting in the OP imo).

I think you're mixing up rebuildable atomizers with your standard atomizers. Regular atomizers are pretty much just cartomizers that have no filler, and are otherwise just as disposable. Drip tips are the things you stick on the end of either a cartomizer or an atomizer (though dripping into a cartomizer is not particularly useful because you're more likely to drip directly into the center) that just works like a mouthpiece. I definitely think even a new vaper should consider buying a few atomizers to try dripping; it's less convenient than a cartomizer but offers the best flavor since there's no elements between the liquid and your coil to interfere. The only real concern with an atomizer is that it's easier to ruin one by accidentally burning it while dry, and even if you don't hurt the atomizer taking a relatively dry hit is not a pleasant experience.

Rebuildable atomizers are the ones where you need to actually wind the coil onto the device by hand and are generally paired with tanks that the coil wicks from so that you aren't required to drip manually. These are the kinds of devices I don't think a newcomer should worry about until they're more comfortable with their setup and even then probably aren't right for the majority of vapers.

Chopper

Yeah, I totally skipped regular atomisers. I never heard anything good about them so just moved straight onto the pretty stuff. :)

A regular dripping atomizer can be great. I have a rebuildable (not a ridiculous priced one mind) and it offers no better flavor than my Bauway 306 LR dripping atomizer that was £5. Naturally its advantage is that when it dies, I can rebuild it. But you don't necessarily have to skip to a rebuildable to get great results. Cisco is another good brand for dripping atomizers.

kafiend

A regular dripping atomizer can be great. I have a rebuildable (not a ridiculous priced one mind) and it offers no better flavor than my Bauway 306 LR dripping atomizer that was £5. Naturally its advantage is that when it dies, I can rebuild it. But you don't necessarily have to skip to a rebuildable to get great results. Cisco is another good brand for dripping atomizers.

Vision Eternity is by far my favorite rebuildable. It has a spike design so you can also use an eGo Tank with it although I have not used it that way. Its also by far the easiest to rebuild, takes me all of 2 minutes.
I love the way its designed so that when you drip the juice drops down the side through holes into the well and not into the center overfill. I have a few other rebuilables where it sometimes goes right in the overfill if I don't drip in at an angle.

Nothing worse than taking a vape and it sounding like a drain :)

daw840

I think I may be the only one who likes those commercials. The more people who know about this alternative. The healthier society will be.

daw840

What the heck are Blu's though? Are they those shitty expensive disposable PVs?

Those look like the ones I tried with 2 years ago that sucked so I failed at quitting smoking.
No. They're rechargeable. They are better than the disposables you get at a gas station but not as good as the ones we have.

blu come in a decent amount of flavors. But again, they suck in comparison.

I've went through different "Game Changers" on my eCig journey.

- I started with disposables.
- Next was Blu. Definitely better smoke and taste
- Next was Joye eRoll. Okay, this is getting better and something I enjoy.
- Next was Joye 510 starter kit. Holy moly, I can definitely use this everyday and enjoy it.
- Next was Joye 510 battery with Boge cartos. GAME CHANGED. This setup is small and good.
- Next was Joye 510 battery with Phoenix CE3 Clearos. A little better than Boge, holds more. Looks cool.
- Next was eGo battery with Phoenix CE3 Clearos. THE GAME DUN CHANGED AGAIN.

Whats next...

Chopper

A Vamo and a rebuildable dripping atomizer! That's what's next for me.

Got a couple of Kangers on their way to me now for the meantime though. I'm over these CE3s.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
A Vamo and a rebuildable dripping atomizer! That's what's next for me.

Got a couple of Kangers on their way to me now for the meantime though. I'm over these CE3s.

I got an AGA-T rebuildable tank. Haven't really had the time to play with it, plus I want to get my hands on some of those new ceramic wicks.

Man, I hope I'm not the sole fan of Thug Juice haha. You can't go wrong with Rawr though, though I haven't tried that Cinnamon one yet so let me know how it is. Their Hawaii Sunrise is currently my joint top juice (with Grants Vanilla Custard).

Chopper

Man, I hope I'm not the sole fan of Thug Juice haha. You can't go wrong with Rawr though, though I haven't tried that Cinnamon one yet so let me know how it is. Their Hawaii Sunrise is currently my joint top juice (with Grants Vanilla Custard).
Did you ever let your Thug Juice steep? I'm wondering if I should give it another go. Grant sent me through a "sample" (10ml!) of GVC whilst machine was out of action. That stuff is rch!

Are you a member of UKVapers Whispa?

Two days with my 650mah eGo and loving it.

Today I'm getting some juices from VapeDudes (Strawberry Fields, Ice, Classic Tobacco)
and also getting CE4 and cone (in case I decide to stickw ith CE3.)

Top Bottom