• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

No problem. It can all seem a little overwhelming and confusing at first with talk of cartomizers and atomizers and voltages and resistances but you'll soon get the hang of it, we've all been there.

str8-h4x

My KGO kit from hoosier is coming in today and I'm very excited to dump my analogs. I've watched a bit from tasteyourjuice.com and I've already learned a decent bit.

I'm getting ready for a trip this weekend, 8 hours in a car with some straight age people. Is the flavorless e-liquid also odorless? I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to vape in the car with them or not.

Any ideas on what to expect or suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

Zeth

Question: I haven't had an analog cigarette in four days. I am doing really awesome considering, haven't gotten weepy or anything, but I am completely exhausted all the time, I just want to sleep constantly. Is this something that you guys have dealt with? Something like detoxing from analogs, or have I picked up a bug an it's a coincidence?

Have you considered you might be taking in more nicotine with ecigs than you did with cigs? Overdoing the nicotine can make you feel buzzed or even nauseous, often followed by a feeling of sluggishness/drowsiness, for me at least.

Broseybrose

My KGO kit from hoosier is coming in today and I'm very excited to dump my analogs. I've watched a bit from tasteyourjuice.com and I've already learned a decent bit.

I'm getting ready for a trip this weekend, 8 hours in a car with some straight age people. Is the flavorless e-liquid also odorless? I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to vape in the car with them or not.

Many thanks in advance!

Well im not even sure theres a thing as flavorless liquid, but even so, i think vaping in such close quarters with non smokers isnt a great idea; not because youll stink up the car (you wont), but just because it LOOKS like SMOKE and you dont want to be offensive.

So if you really wanna vape in this situation, make sure they know what it is and are cool with you using it, promise them they wont smell a thing, and crack a window!

If you dont crack a window your companions will probably smell it. That is, unless you find some flavorless vape juice. That stuff has got to be fairly odorless.

Question: I haven't had an analog cigarette in four days. I am doing really awesome considering, haven't gotten weepy or anything, but I am completely exhausted all the time, I just want to sleep constantly. Is this something that you guys have dealt with? Something like detoxing from analogs, or have I picked up a bug an it's a coincidence?

What mg juice are you using? Using an e-cig is not as an effective delivery device for nicotine in comparison to a cigarette.

I have been off of analogs for 3 weeks from being a 1-1.5 ppd smoker for 25 yrs.

If anything you should be more "amped" due to only getting nicotine and not the other chemicals which have a calming effect in cigs.

Many thanks in advance!

Many flavours are odorless. Many smell really good and I've have had the smell complimented from non-smokers (mostly fruity/vanilla flavours). A small few smell bad (in my experience maple syrup and tea flavours don't smell good). You should be fine on the smell front though. Be ready to explain that what you're exhaling is just water vapor and it is proven to contain no trace of nicotine; it's perfectly safe but it's still worth asking first if people are OK with it since, as Brosey said, some people just don't like the idea of it since it looks like smoke.

str8-h4x

Yeah absolutely - I've kind of already given them the heads up on it - so as to hopefully make it a less akward situation. I'm planning to ghost hit it anyways during the trip if it's ok to fly - plan to pack in some flavorless 26mg (I think that's about the strongest they sell locally) - and just hold it in.

I thought maybe getting some of the bakery flavors because his wife loves baking and the smell in the house - I plan to get 100% PG for these "car kits" because I want to eliminate as much of the sensory alerts that may cause concerns even though it's completely safe. The LAST thing I want to do is be offensive to them on this trip.

They are pretty straight edge though, my buddy is legit - but his wife asked me once "What do they cut the marijuana with....isn't it like battery acid and paint thinner?!?!?"....lol yeah, it's like that.

Thanks guys, I'll post some pics tonight. Been a smoker for 12-13 years *28 now* and a pack a day smoker the last 7 years.

Plan to get a smaller kit asap (it's amazing what you can learn in a few days) for stealthing at work.

Looking to try this out soon. Been a pack a day smoker for about 8 years now, and am hoping this will help with quitting.

Thanks in advance to everyone who's been fielding questions in the thread and daw840 for creating the OP. There's a lot of info out there and it's great to have a resource here on GAF.

I had a question about storing the e-cigs: should I avoid storing it in my car through the workday? It doesn't look very pocket friendly and I would prefer not to leave it at my work desk since I'm up and down all day, but am worried that if I leave it in the car, it might have ill effects on the juice contained within. I'm in New England, so I'd be dealing with cold winters and some hot weeks throughout the summer. Thanks in advance for anyone with experiences storing it or precautions.

I can't speculate as to what would happen.. but pretty much every Juice vendor has instructions to store in a cool, dry place. While I don't think a single day in the car for say.. while in your Carto/Clearo/Tank would be bad.. I definitely think storing an entire bottle of Juice in your car for weeks at a time would probably have some kind of effect. Whether that would be explicitly bad, I have no idea.

Broseybrose

Looking to try this out soon. Been a pack a day smoker for about 8 years now, and am hoping this will help with quitting.

Thanks in advance to everyone who's been fielding questions in the thread and daw840 for creating the OP. There's a lot of info out there and it's great to have a resource here on GAF.

I had a question about storing the e-cigs: should I avoid storing it in my car through the workday? It doesn't look very pocket friendly and I would prefer not to leave it at my work desk since I'm up and down all day, but am worried that if I leave it in the car, it might have ill effects on the juice contained within. I'm in New England, so I'd be dealing with cold winters and some hot weeks throughout the summer. Thanks in advance for anyone with experiences storing it or precautions.

I dont think leaving your PV in your car is a good idea.

They sell a Pen-Top style clearo for all eGo style batteries that might be perfect for you. This is what it looks like with the top screwed on. Its called an EGO F1 Pen Top. EliteVapors has them in stock.

ego_w_clear_atomizer_with_cap.jpg

Ive used one before and they vape very nicely, as they are bottom coil and must be filled with a syringe; the same concept that makes the CE3/Phoenix work so well.

I was never a heavy smoker so I only went with 8mg juice and got a nice throat feeling with it.

I got some new juice last night and it was 6mg and I'm getting NOTHING on the throat, can't even feel it. Pop my 8mg back in and wamm.

Could it all be that 2mg difference or possibly the new type of juice that I got?

I dont think leaving your PV in your car is a good idea.

They sell a Pen-Top style clearo for all eGo style batteries that might be perfect for you. This is what it looks like with the top screwed on. Its called an EGO F1 Pen Top. EliteVapors has them in stock.

Ive used one before and they vape very nicely, as they are bottom coil and must be filled with a syringe; the same concept that makes the CE3/Phoenix work so well.

I can't speculate as to what would happen.. but pretty much every Juice vendor has instructions to store in a cool, dry place. While I don't think a single day in the car for say.. while in your Carto/Clearo/Tank would be bad.. I definitely think storing an entire bottle of Juice in your car for weeks at a time would probably have some kind of effect. Whether that would be explicitly bad, I have no idea.

Thank you both very much. Yeah, will definitely avoid leaving the actual bottles in the car and may give the pen top style a go. Right now I ordered an M-T3 since the Phoenix's are out of stock and a couple of small juice bottles to sample, but when the Phoenix comes back in stock, I want to try those based on the reception here and I'll probably also test out the pen-top style to get a better idea of what's available.

As if all this stuff wasn't overwhelming enough, I was just reading about PG vs VG Juices.

The new juice I got had very little vapor, then I go to the website and see that its "PG-based"

What kind of ratio am I looking at for something that says its "PG Based?" 90/10 ?

The other juice I have is 75/25 and produces a nice vapor.

Wallach

As if all this stuff wasn't overwhelming enough, I was just reading about PG vs VG Juices.

The new juice I got had very little vapor, then I go to the website and see that its "PG-based"

What kind of ratio am I looking at for something that says its "PG Based?" 90/10 ?

It could be 100% PG, which would probably lend it to having less vapor and a stronger/harsher throat hit. PG is also more effective at retaining flavor than VG when vaporized, and is generally wicks better since it is less viscous than VG.

Update:

My e-cig arrived (Ego-T). The taste kinda sucks, I'm ordering this: "E-Liquid 50ml, PG400 Base, High 18mg, E-Tobacco Camel + 50%" from e-cig.com (will take 30 days to arrive) to get better flavor.

But yeah I think I will keep my analog cigs at home and use the e-cig outside.

str8-h4x

So far I'm not impressed with the clearomizer that came with my hoosier KGO. There is a B&M place here that has a vivinova in stock but I'm assuming they want like $30 for it, so I might just wait and order online.

Vaping is definitely different than smoking marlboro menthols. It doesn't "Feel" the same - I've got to develop skills I'm thinking. I might add some menthol in the 50/50 "blue raspberry" juice I'm using.

highrider

Banned

I use johnson creek red oak vg juice. The vg has better vapor production, but pg tends to have the better throat hit. I cant do pg at all. Makes my throat irritated.

daw840

So I got the Banana Glacier from Namber Juice (which is Grimm Green's new Juice Company) and filled a fresh Phoenix with it. It's good, but I wish it was more mentholly (is that a word?).

Still waiting on my bigger RawrVapor shipment.

Is it a Stadust (does it look like this)? If so, I consider them to be bad. First clearo I got too, and the worst I've ever used. Get a pack of Phoenix's or a Kanger MT3.

Yeah, the hoosier KGO kit comes with stardust clones by SLB. They're annoying, which led to my CE3 questions a couple pages back. I've been happy with the CE3 -- two have worked flawlessly, though a third got choked by a coffee juice. Hopefully, a cleaning will bring it back to life. Can't blame the CE3 as it also choked the Stardust clone. I'll try it in a carto at some point.

Only minor issues with the CE3: could do without the syringe fill and capacity is a bit low. So, I'm looking into the Kanger EVOD. Good price for it and a 5-pack of replacement heads at Elite Vaporworks, with free shipping. Anyone have any experience -- good or bad -- with this vendor?

antitrop

I began smoking in high school when I was 15. At my peak (while deployed in the military) was 2 packs a day, for a short while.

Last summer was my first attempt to quit in 11 years (I am currently 27) and I purchased a ProSmoke e-cig and a few bottles of 32mg e-liquid.

Worked for about a month before I was back to smoking about a pack a day. But now in 2013 I've tried to quit again, it's been about three weeks and I'm pretty sure it will stick this time. I've got a better mindset about it.

daw840

I began smoking in high school when I was 15. At my peak (while deployed in the military) was 2 packs a day, for a short while.

Last summer was my first attempt to quit in 11 years (I am currently 27) and I purchased a ProSmoke e-cig and a few bottles of 32mg e-liquid.

Worked for about a month before I was back to smoking about a pack a day. But now in 2013 I've tried to quit again, it's been about three weeks and I'm pretty sure it will stick this time. I've got a better mindset about it.

Hell yeah man. Keep the ecig around for those occasional cravings when you might fold back into a regular cig. Keep up the good work!

highrider

Banned

Nice man. I'm just a little further along than you and it is an exceptionally good feeling.

paully

Banned
Very, very, casual smoker here. I usually smoke a pack a month, but I'm hooked on the Starbuzz disposable e-cigs. I know you folks stick with the premium e-cigs, but for a disposable e-cig these have amazing flavors. Starbuzz is known for their hookah tobacco, btw. I've tried Pirate's Cove and Peach. Both are pretty awesome. The only problem with these devices is that they don't have auto-shutoff.

I hope e-cigs never get regulated by the federal govt, because these things are super convenient and they taste a million times better than a normal cigarette.

Broseybrose

For me, the trick to quitting cigs for good was the fact that i came to prefer vaping delicious juices. Experiment with different attys/clearos/tanks and especially juices. Once you find a juice that you love to vape, IME, its very hard to go back to a nasty ass cig.

I officially haven't had a real cigarette in seven days.

This is pretty huge since I've been smoking since I was 10 (heavily since 13ish). With only brief breaks for pregnancies.

I even went to the store today and wasn't tempted at all to buy a pack.

Congrats! Keep it up!

daw840

This is pretty huge since I've been smoking since I was 10 (heavily since 13ish). With only brief breaks for pregnancies.

That's fucking awesome. Keep it up!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Congrats. For me after about a week I was able to smell things better, taste things better and was done hacking up lung junk.

Keep it up!!

I received my order from ECblend yesterday and I'm pretty satisfied. The flavors I got weren't the greatest, but they were my own experimental mixes so that's on me. Prices were great though and they sent me a free 0mg sample of one of their most popular flavors as well as a free disposable "safety tip" (which is used to cover the tip if a friend wants to tryout your device).

The only downside was I put the order in on the 19th and they didn't ship it out until the 22nd. However being that they do offer completely custom mixes I imagine they're probably pretty popular. I've had much longer delays in the past from other vendors so it's not a huge deal to me.

daw840

I received my order from ECblend yesterday and I'm pretty satisfied. The flavors I got weren't the greatest, but they were my own experimental mixes so that's on me. Prices were great though and they sent me a free 0mg sample of one of their most popular flavors as well as a free disposable "safety tip" (which is used to cover the tip if a friend wants to tryout your device).

The only downside was I put the order in on the 19th and they didn't ship it out until the 22nd. However being that they do offer completely custom mixes I imagine they're probably pretty popular. I've had much longer delays in the past from other vendors so it's not a huge deal to me.
My only problem with ECBlends is they seem to use a shitty cheap base for their juices. It will turn dark and start kinda tasting like shit and you'll have to clean your attys frequently.

Wallach

For me, the trick to quitting cigs for good was the fact that i came to prefer vaping delicious juices. Experiment with different attys/clearos/tanks and especially juices. Once you find a juice that you love to vape, IME, its very hard to go back to a nasty ass cig.

Yeah, when I found a juice that had a nice cigarette-like throat hit that tasted good, there was no going back.

Think I'm going to put in an order over at Halo this week, what I've heard about their flavors makes me think they're right up my alley (strong flavors with wicked throat hit).

I think my Ego-CTwist is dead. I press the button and it blinks five times, nothing else. Try it with a different carto and nothing. It's only been a month since ordering it. Hopefully, it is warranted.

Yes. Whenever I press the button, it will only flash red five times. Today, I was vaping and the top of the battery became very hot and smelt burnt. It had been working great till now.

Broseybrose

Yup. Email customer support at the site you bought it from and tell them exactly that. Theyll send you a new one, usually. If not, tell them that most businesses would replace a defective product just to keep good faith with a new customer blah blah blah... You can just throw the old one away later.

First off congratulations to those longterm smokers that have been able to kick the habit! Positive vibes are being sent to those who are still trying to quit as well.

I smoked from the age of 16 to 26. At my worst I was smoking a pack a day. My husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) said that he would refuse to get engaged with and marry a smoker. His coworker gave him her E-cig for me to use as a tool for quiting.

After I smoked my last cigarette I used the E-cig for a little over a week, avoided driving as much as possible, and completely avoided alcohol for about 2 months. It wasn't easy, but I feel like the E-cig really helped.

Yup. Sorry we didn't give you a heads up on that Fiction. Juices that are acidic will destroy plastic/acrylic tanks and clearos. Cartos too. That includes most juices that are Spicy, Sour, and generally any soda flavored Juices.

I had my first cracked tank last week too using Rawr's Hawaii Sunrise. I should have searched around really because people usually mention it in reviews, so if you're concerned about a juice you can probably find out if it cracks with a bit of Googling. I have it in a Kanger MT3 now which was risky since it has a window, but so far so good (had it in for about a week).

ShinNL

For all the Dutchies out there, I finally got my hands on a Kanger MT3! Oh my gawd, what a difference to the regular old 510 cartomizers and clearomizers I've been using! Sorry, I couldn't wait to share it so here's an uncompressed oversized photo, but whatever :p

I feel like I have a monster in my hands nowadays compared to what I used before (the smaller thinner one is my 3rd set, I had even smaller ones before that). But wow, is it worth it. Such a great vape :O. The amount of smoke, the taste, the capacity... perfect!

Oh yeah, the Dutch part: I managed to get this Kanger MT3 from e-cig4.nl. I just filled it with my regular ol' chocolate flavor liquid that I got from somewhere else. In my old clearomizers the thick liquid didn't go through well and in cartomizers it clogs up too fast. The few vapes I got from this Kanger MT3 is like nothing I had before (even on fresh fills on my older combos). Amazing!

I'm now part of one of the big shots, right? :D

Mmm, chocolate...

Not sure how well the Phoenix will work with thick liquids.....maybe try a Kanger MT3 instead.
Big thanks to daw840!

Upgrade that battery to an Ego Twist and you'll have an even better vape. The Kanger MT3's sweet spot is 4.2 volts in my experience. I can even crank it up to 4.8 without getting burnt taste.

ReaperXL7

Figured I would update a few things and add a few recommendations for vendors.

A quick pic:
482187_592476407446372_1036351534_n.jpg

There is already a link in the OP-but vaporkings is pretty fantastic, I have placed about 3 orders from them so far and everything was correct, packaged nicely, and nice fast delivery only takes about two days to get my stuff from them even with standard shipping.

Second recommendation is for Rawr vapor : www.rawrvapor.com , very well priced and great tasting juices Rawr has quickly become one of my favorite juice vendors out of a bunch i have tried. Also quick shipping, maybe one of the fastest for juice orders I have experienced.

Third is Alice in Vapeland: https://aliceinvapeland.com/ , I was not sure what to expect with AIV but I was really blown away by their quality, the juices I that I have tried all have great VTF, and the presentation is the best I have seen from a juice vendor, the only issue I could see for some is that due to their growing popularity lately orders can take alittle time to ship, but they are currently hiring some help so hopefully that wont last to much longer. If you dont mind a bit of a wait i highly reccomend them.

Currently Rawr, AIV, and Heathers Heavenly Vapes are my favorite juice vendors. Next on my list toto try are Vapalicious, and maybe Halo.

My most recent mod is my evic and im actually pretty impressed with it, on the first firmware 1.0 it left alot to be desired, but now on 1.2 its a pretty fantastic device, I'm really impressed with the features, and fixes they have been able to improve on through firmware upgrades.

I also just picked up a Bam, and an Ikarus Hybrid but have not had a chance to dig into them yet.

Currently using my new fluid flask, but i also recently have been giving the Vapeonly BCC a shot and im pretty impressed I like the bottom coil design because I hate tilting, I just hope they keep up with consistancy with this first experience.

I have a glass kanger pro tank pre_ordered from kanger directly, so im looking forward to trying that out aswell

DaFish

What juice from AIV you got there?

I'v tried The Orange Cream sickle (its okay) and A Quite Morning (which is a bit better).

Wanting to try White Rabbit.

Top Bottom