• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

ShinNL

So, the last couple of packages arrived this morning.
Time to put this stuff together.

ibaYUZmme8V8N.jpg
Kanger is soooo good :D

This is by far the most hassle free clearomizer (or anything) I've ever used :D

Did you ever let your Thug Juice steep? I'm wondering if I should give it another go. Grant sent me through a "sample" (10ml!) of GVC whilst machine was out of action. That stuff is rch!

Are you a member of UKVapers Whispa?

No, I didn't let it steep. I haven't ordered it in a while though perhaps they've changed something? GVC is rich and delicious and it's a prime example of what steeping can do to a juice. It started as a special treat rather than an all day vape, but now I can't stop myself.

I am a member but I rarely post, I mostly just browse.

Broseybrose

Im so happy with the Phoenix/CE3s but I think Im going to give the Kanger T3 a shot. I like the idea of it; bottom coil, easy fill, built-in mouthpiece. Im just wondering if it can really out-perform Phoenix/CE3s? Im only going to order one to start and if its actually better ill buy 3 more.

Im so happy with the Phoenix/CE3s but I think Im going to give the Kanger T3 a shot. I like the idea of it; bottom coil, easy fill, built-in mouthpiece. Im just wondering if it can really out-perform Phoenix/CE3s? Im only going to order one to start and if its actually better ill buy 3 more.

The size doesn't bother you?

Thats the only thing keeping me from the T3s

*Edit. And I hate the black mouthpiece. The CE3 has a little plug that you can use instead of the black mouthpiece.

Broseybrose

*Edit. And I hate the black mouthpiece. The CE3 has a little plug that you can use instead of the black mouthpiece.

Nah im all about what gives me the best vape. For 2 years I had to drip exclusively, until I finally found a clearomizer that provided an equivalent vape to a nice dripping atty in the Phoenix/CE3.

And i hate that little plug (weak ass fake drip tip lol). I use real drip tips on my Phoenix/CE3. And the Kanger T3 mouthpiece is modeled just like the drip tips i use, Delrin Black.

I think flavour is comparable to the CE3's, and vapour even better. They can withstand higher voltages too.

I think they're a perfect fit on an Ego battery. They're about the same width, so it all looks like one piece especially if it's a matching colour. Here's my MT3 on an Ego Twist:

JGvwvzF.jpg

I think flavour is comparable to the CE3's, and vapour even better. They can withstand higher voltages too.

I think they're a perfect fit on an Ego battery. They're about the same width, so it all looks like one piece especially if it's a matching colour. Here's my MT3 on an Ego Twist:

JGvwvzF.jpg

Yeah that size kills me. My 650mah with CE3 and no mouthpiece is significantly smaller than that and barely fits in my front jacket breast pocket.

I am going to try mini-T3.

Well here's a direct comparison if that helps. I guess if you're talking pocketability/portability then yeah, every little bit matters. I mostly vape at home so it doesn't bother me.

TxyL5r6.jpg

Chopper

I just received some juices from Alchemist's Cupboard. I picked up their Parma Sweeties (for the girlfriend), Raspberry Chocolate Truffle and Coconut Caramel Hazlenut Honey. After watching a rave review of the CCHH, I couldn't resist trying it before steeping. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty gooooooood. The guy has an awesome selection of flavours, and they're getting a real reputation. The next week is gonna be painful while I wait for that truffle number to steep...

Nice, keep us up to date on how they are. There are a couple of Alchemist's Cupboard flavours I have my eye on, CCHH being one of them. What would you say the prevailing taste is? The coconut puts me off a bit if it's too overpowering but the caramel, hazelnut and honey combo sounds lovely.

Chopper

Nice, keep us up to date on how they are. There are a couple of Alchemist's Cupboard flavours I have my eye on, CCHH being one of them. What would you say the prevailing taste is? The coconut puts me off a bit if it's too overpowering but the caramel, hazelnut and honey combo sounds lovely.
Well right now coconut is definitely the most prominent flavour. Unfortunately I haven't tried any other coconut juices, so I can't compare, but it is nutty, sweet and delicious. I look forward to trying it again properly.

Well right now coconut is definitely the most prominent flavour. Unfortunately I haven't tried any other coconut juices, so I can't compare, but it is nutty, sweet and delicious. I look forward to trying it again properly.

Hmm. It might surprise me. I avoided banana flavours for months, and Hawaii Sunrise which I'd say is predominantly banana is now one of my all day vapes. I have a sweet tooth though, so I'll give it a go I think.

Chopper

Hmm. It might surprise me. I avoided banana flavours for months, and Hawaii Sunrise which I'd say is predominantly banana is now one of my all day vapes. I have a sweet tooth though, so I'll give it a go I think.
I have a sweet tooth too, so I'd love some recommendations. I'm yet to try anything chocolatey, but I've heard AC's Work Rest and Play Bar juice is amazing. I love bananas, but haven't tried a banana juice. I'm determined to get impressions before committing to the buy. I fear that horrible synthetic, chemically taste that I experienced with the first custard juice I tried, the Thug (sorry) and the Swedish Fish, which I've seen people absolutely rave about, but I could take or leave.

Edit: Rawr's Hawaii Sunrise?

I have a sweet tooth too, so I'd love some recommendations. I'm yet to try anything chocolatey, but I've heard AC's Work Rest and Play Bar juice is amazing. I love bananas, but haven't tried a banana juice. I'm determined to get impressions before committing to the buy. I fear that horrible synthetic, chemically taste that I experienced with the first custard juice I tried, the Thug (sorry) and the Swedish Fish, which I've seen people absolutely rave about, but I could take or leave.

Edit: Rawr's Hawaii Sunrise?

Yes, Rawr's Hawaii sunrise. I couldn't imagine getting a chemically taste from that, in my mind that would come from either perfumey fruit or bad menthol. You can order it in the UK from Liberty Flights. It reminds me more of banana milkshake than fresh bananas, I find it very creamy and moreish. I'm not a big fan of chocolate juices, the only one I've loved is Pixie Juice's Mint Choc Chip which you can't get now unfortunately. In fact that was my go to site for sweet juices so I'm on the hunt as much as you, aside from the two I've settled on (HS and GVC). I think I'm going to try the Blue Mist flavour you liked from UKEcigStore, but I'm waiting til the end of the month when their Virgin Vapour range is back in stock as I've had good experience with those and I want to try some new ones out.

Chopper

Yes, Rawr's Hawaii sunrise. I couldn't imagine getting a chemically taste from that, in my mind that would come from either perfumey fruit or bad menthol. You can order it in the UK from Liberty Flights. It reminds me more of banana milkshake than fresh bananas, I find it very creamy and moreish. I'm not a big fan of chocolate juices, the only one I've loved is Pixie Juice's Mint Choc Chip which you can't get now unfortunately. In fact that was my go to site for sweet juices so I'm on the hunt as much as you, aside from the two I've settled on (HS and GVC). I think I'm going to try the Blue Mist flavour you liked from UKEcigStore, but I'm waiting til the end of the month when their Virgin Vapour range is back in stock as I've had good experience with those and I want to try some new ones out.
Having gone back to Blue Mist a couple of times between juices, as I test them out, I've realised that there is very little throat hit from it. As my first ever juice, this didn't strike me initially, but is certainly something to be aware of going in. Won't stop me ordering 30ml of it soon, but maybe I'll up the nicotine content.

I've heard good things about AC's Mint Choc flavour, which is certainly on my to-try list.

Liberty Flights out of stock. :(

They have stock of 6 and 12MG of Hawaii Sunrise. Did you want 18? Also if you buy something there, enter 'neil' for 10% discount and get the 99p shipping as even that has always been next day for me. Great service.

Chopper

They have stock of 6 and 12MG of Hawaii Sunrise. Did you want 18? Also if you buy something there, enter 'neil' for 10% discount and get the 99p shipping as even that has always been next day for me. Great service.
Ideally 18, yeah. But I'll try the 12. Every single juice on that page sounds delicious...

They really do. I've only tried Green peach tea which is great and truth serum which isn't bad, but is the worst of the three for me (overpowering coconut rears its head). Hawaii Sunrise is my favourite.

highrider

Banned
I'm kind of a noob but I use this. Johnson
creek vea. Ego clone battery with refillable carts. For me it's a big step up from blu. I get all my juice from them because I have a problem with the pg stuff. Almost 4 months of the cigs now. Feels so good.

IMG_20130309_110047_zps86bf5832.jpg

It's nice for a mid range unit. I like the ranier cherry juice. They have a really good clove knock off as well. I appreciate the info in this thread. Helps me a lot.

Broseybrose

Amazing! :D

That is all ......for now.
I'm kind of a noob but I use this. Johnson
creek vea. Ego clone battery with refillable carts. For me it's a big step up from blu. I get all my juice from them because I have a problem with the pg stuff. Almost 4 months of the cigs now. Feels so good.

It's nice for a mid range unit. I like the ranier cherry juice. They have a really good clove knock off as well. I appreciate the info in this thread. Helps me a lot.
Man I love it when we get more converts. Have you checked out ECF? There are forums there for... EVERYTHING PV-related. I always check a new site out on ECF before I order from them. Because many people have already gone before and posted about it.

highrider

Banned
Man I love it when we get more converts. Have you checked out ECF? There are forums there for... EVERYTHING PV-related. I always check a new site out on ECF before I order from them. Because many people have already gone before and posted about it.
Yeah, I mean it's a lot of information but I'm doing my best. Perhaps in a year I'll be joe provari but I'm pretty happy with what I have. I do want to try more vg juices though. Love the delicious tastes in vaping.

caramac

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at those forums.

Chopper

Check out UKVapers too. Great forum, lots of knowledge, and we're having a meet at my pub next month!

My Kangers arrived this morning. Filled one up with some Cherry Cola Bottles form ENJuice (which tastes completely different in this thing) and away we go for a night on the town. Looks nice in blue...

kjia34A.jpg

Yeah, I mean it's a lot of information but I'm doing my best. Perhaps in a year I'll be joe provari but I'm pretty happy with what I have. I do want to try more vg juices though. Love the delicious tastes in vaping.

Yup. Take your time. I went from Blu to Vea to Ego Twist. I still use my Vea batteries but they'll likely get retired soon since they're only 2.8v and clearos and tanks I'm looking at purchasing will require at least 3.2v. They're great batteries though if you use their proprietary carts or any attys that are in the lower ohm ranges. Passthroughs too which has been super helpful during some of my longer gaming sessions.

Keep in mind that you don't need to go into the Provari or Box Mod with Variable Wattage and Variable Volts to enjoy vaping. You've found a device that works and juice you enjoy and it's keeping you of cigs, so mission accomplished. Moving to the more complicated stuff really is more of a hobbyist move. I don't think I'll ever seriously go down that path despite the urge to simply because it's pretty pricey and I already have too many hobbies that are costly.

Chopper

I agree with you, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to stop myself picking up a Vamo and IGO. Too shiny to resist at those prices...

highrider

Banned
Yup. Take your time. I went from Blu to Vea to Ego Twist. I still use my Vea batteries but they'll likely get retired soon since they're only 2.8v and clearos and tanks I'm looking at purchasing will require at least 3.2v. They're great batteries though if you use their proprietary carts or any attys that are in the lower ohm ranges. Passthroughs too which has been super helpful during some of my longer gaming sessions.

Keep in mind that you don't need to go into the Provari or Box Mod with Variable Wattage and Variable Volts to enjoy vaping. You've found a device that works and juice you enjoy and it's keeping you of cigs, so mission accomplished. Moving to the more complicated stuff really is more of a hobbyist move. I don't think I'll ever seriously go down that path despite the urge to simply because it's pretty pricey and I already have too many hobbies that are costly.

Yeah I equate it to pc vs console/plug and play gaming in some ways. I love the blu form factor. A simple cig size two piece design. But the batteries are too weak and carts are overpriced. The only thing I don't like about the vea or bigger stuff is the size. If they could put that performance in a cig sized unit that was reasonably priced.. that would be sweet. I feel a little silly vaping at times lol.

Yeah I equate it to pc vs console/plug and play gaming in some ways. I love the blu form factor. A simple cig size two piece design. But the batteries are too weak and carts are overpriced. The only thing I don't like about the vea or bigger stuff is the size. If they could put that performance in a cig sized unit that was reasonably priced.. that would be sweet. I feel a little silly vaping at times lol.

Having started with Blu I completely understand that feeling of "I must look stupid with this big ass piece" as I vape in public. But I figure, fuck it. If I have the urge to vape then I'll vape. I respect places like Movie Theaters, Grocery Stores, and places of business just because I don't think it's worth having to explain it to everyone who might complain (and in the case of Movie Theaters the mist can be distracting to people) but other than that.. I just do it. If people DO say something or ask.. then I'll explain but honestly no one has. People tend to mind their business and that's pretty sweet tbh lol.

highrider

Banned
Having started with Blu I completely understand that feeling of "I must look stupid with this big ass piece" as I vape in public. But I figure, fuck it. If I have the urge to vape then I'll vape. I respect places like Movie Theaters, Grocery Stores, and places of business just because I don't think it's worth having to explain it to everyone who might complain (and in the case of Movie Theaters the mist can be distracting to people) but other than that.. I just do it. If people DO say something or ask.. then I'll explain but honestly no one has. People tend to mind their business and that's pretty sweet tbh lol.
Yeah, I think it's because I'm a big weed guy and I feel like I'm hot boxing. But I vape enough to where I don't let it bother me. I like your take on it.

Okay I need some help here.

Juice 1: 80/20 (PG/VG) - 8mg = PERFECT Throat hit and nice smoke cloud.

Juice 2/3 Mixture: Each is: 50/50 - 6mg = NO throat hit, good smoke cloud.

My understanding is that thoat hit depends on mg and PG value. So just going down that little bit can affect the throat hit that much?

Okay I need some help here.

Juice 1: 80/20 (PG/VG) - 8mg = PERFECT Throat hit and nice smoke cloud.

Juice 2/3 Mixture: Each is: 50/50 - 6mg = NO throat hit, good smoke cloud.

My understanding is that thoat hit depends on mg and PG value. So just going down that little bit can affect the throat hit that much?

I'm not sure about PG affecting throat hit. From all that I've seen and experienced it's mostly on the amount of Nic. PG typically affects taste and VG "smoke" cloud but I haven't experimented with enough mixes to say for certain.

Aw if only i found this thread before (and done a bit more googling)!

I got me an ego-w a couple of days ago (from http://www.evape.co.uk who delivered very quickly) with some Black label American Red-USA Tobacco Flavour E-Liquid as I thought it would help the transition from cigarette tobacco to e-cigarette taste easier, but im finding it tastes (nice but...) not tobbaco-ey enough. It gives a nice cloud off, though im finding.

Um...Anyway it would seem the clearomiser things are not as freely available as the ego-c ones, and im unsure as whats compatible or not with the ego-w, I have found out there's a shop in the town so im going to pop in and see if they can get me some clearomisers rather than me having to order from the net all the time.

Well anyway, I am finding that at the moment my ego-w is supplementing rather than replacing my nicotine habit. Partly for the fact the clearomiser is recommended for 2 refills (although some people seem to have got up to 8) so im too aware its going to give up onme eventually and partly because of the liquid is not having the desired effect/taste (although i do like the taste (liquroricey i found) and it has good reviews.

I am aware i rambled there a bit sorry, but can any (UK-ers preferably) know of a good tabbacoo-ey liquid taste, although id really like to move away from that taste eventually. I just think it would help the transition over if i went that route first? Maybe it wont...... i dunno its all new and pretty confusing.

highrider

Banned
Aw if only i found this thread before (and done a bit more googling)!

I got me an ego-w a couple of days ago (from http://www.evape.co.uk who delivered very quickly) with some Black label American Red-USA Tobacco Flavour E-Liquid as I thought it would help the transition from cigarette tobacco to e-cigarette taste easier, but im finding it tastes (nice but...) not tobbaco-ey enough. It gives a nice cloud off, though im finding.

Um...Anyway it would seem the clearomiser things are not as freely available as the ego-c ones, and im unsure as whats compatible or not with the ego-w, I have found out there's a shop in the town so im going to pop in and see if they can get me some clearomisers rather than me having to order from the net all the time.

Well anyway, I am finding that at the moment my ego-w is supplementing rather than replacing my nicotine habit. Partly for the fact the clearomiser is recommended for 2 refills (although some people seem to have got up to 8) so im too aware its going to give up onme eventually and partly because of the liquid is not having the desired effect/taste (although i do like the taste (liquroricey i found) and it has good reviews.

I am aware i rambled there a bit sorry, but can any (UK-ers preferably) know of a good tabbacoo-ey liquid taste, although id really like to move away from that taste eventually. I just think it would help the transition over if i went that route first? Maybe it wont...... i dunno its all new and pretty confusing.
Johnson creek juices are awesome. I recommend the Tennessee cured. My favorite all day vape and imo they have the best tobacco flavors. They are in Wisconsin but ship overseas. I'm sure some guys here can also steer you towards something in the uk.

I bought a blu starter kit at Walgreens last Sunday. Goddamn if it isn't the coolest gadget I've bought in a long time. I heard so many complaints about it, but for $59.99, I said I'll rent Tomb Raider from Redbox instead of buying it and justify it that way. Well no justification needed I have to say. Damn thing rocks. I'm excited to try different flavors, but I'm still on my FIRST cartridge, after a whole fucking week... swapped batteries on it 4 times now, and it's still producing vape goodness. When I opened it, it was like I was opening an iPod, so well packaged with a magnet inside the outer box flap... this is starting to sound like an advertisement, but I almost feel dismayed by all the negative press blu gets. Ordering 4 or more boxes online means you get the 5 packs of cartridges for under $10 a piece (they are $15 at Walgreens), which I did, and apparently this will last me a long time, being on my first cartridge and all. I have gone through many NJoy King disposables, Square disposables, and blu disposables, and I am soooo so impressed with how long this is lasting. Really, hearing all the butthurt Negative Nancys kept me from enjoying this when I really wanted to buy one in the first place. I have to admit though, the NJoy King still gives a huge throat hit, like whoooooooa. I'll still keep one of those around for when I go out.

I bought a blu starter kit at Walgreens last Sunday. Goddamn if it isn't the coolest gadget I've bought in a long time. I heard so many complaints about it, but for $59.99, I said I'll rent Tomb Raider from Redbox instead of buying it and justify it that way. Well no justification needed I have to say. Damn thing rocks. I'm excited to try different flavors, but I'm still on my FIRST cartridge, after a whole fucking week... swapped batteries on it 4 times now, and it's still producing vape goodness. When I opened it, it was like I was opening an iPod, so well packaged with a magnet inside the outer box flap... this is starting to sound like an advertisement, but I almost feel dismayed by all the negative press blu gets. Ordering 4 or more boxes online means you get the 5 packs of cartridges for under $10 a piece (they are $15 at Walgreens), which I did, and apparently this will last me a long time, being on my first cartridge and all. I have gone through many NJoy King disposables, Square disposables, and blu disposables, and I am soooo so impressed with how long this is lasting. Really, hearing all the butthurt Negative Nancys kept me from enjoying this when I really wanted to buy one in the first place. I have to admit though, the NJoy King still gives a huge throat hit, like whoooooooa. I'll still keep one of those around for when I go out.

First.. Congrats!

Well I can't speak for the Negative Nancy's .. but the reason why more experienced vapers tend to down-talk Blu (to an extent) is because other more... personalized vaping experiences blow it away in terms of enjoyment and monetary value.

However all of that takes a backseat in this thread to the success of being off analog smokes! As long as you're not lighting up, everyone here is stoked. As long as you're enjoying your experience and you're not smoking tar and crap then booyah! :D Keep it up!

Yeah man, Blu didn't tickle my fancy but thats awesome that you like it. I have a sickness that makes me tinker and buy a million different batteries and cartomizers. I wish I could just grab the blus and be content.

But thats awesome you found a vape you love. I have a setup that I'm loving right now and its a great feeling.

border

Is there a good FAQ for people looking to get started with e-cigarettes? The OP is mostly just a list of links, and whenever I pop into this thread it's usually people just talking a bunch of indecipherable jargon.

Can anyone recommend a decent menthol juice? I currently smoke Marlboro Menthol Lights, so anything close to that would be awesome.

Thanks you guys.

I almost feel like there is a larger message that I want to spew forth, and that is one of negativity on the Internet. I cherish every moment I spend on NeoGAF, but here's the thing. I think that negative comments tend to appear more frequently, or are more news-worthy than positive comments. I went months without buying a blu, even though I wanted one. Ad i bought one and I am happy. I did not go see Wreck it Ralph in theaters because I heard so many bad things about it. But it is awesome... just finished my first viewing, rented from RedBox to minimize my "risk", but now I am going to buy it tomorrow. I knew I would like it, the trailers were awesome, but I let negativity get the best of me. Shit people. I don't know what to think anymore.

border

What's a good nictotine dosage to start out with? What's a good juice that is like smoking a menthol cigarette (and not just a pure mint flavor, but with tobacco hints as well)?

How much hassle and maintenance is all this stuff? When I pop into this thread and I see everyone going on about milligrams and amps and batteries it all sounds very detailed -- like people that are into car tuning or PC gaming.

What is a good package to start with? There are several local manufacturers and vendors in town -- would it be smarter to go there or to buy from a trusted online retailer?

The two local places I have been considering are Kingpin and Vapor Nine. I'm not sure if they'd have any reputation with the folks here, but where can I go to find some unbiased, jargon-free reviews?

What are the perks and advantages of buying more expensive gear? Why do so many people seem intent on "tuning" their cigarettes with swappable parts? What do you get out of spending more or customizing your cigarette?

What's a good nictotine dosage to start out with? What's a good juice that is like smoking a menthol cigarette (and not just a pure mint flavor, but with tobacco hints as well)?

How much hassle and maintenance is all this stuff? When I pop into this thread and I see everyone going on about milligrams and amps and batteries it all sounds very detailed -- like people that are into car tuning or PC gaming.

What is a good package to start with? There are several local manufacturers and vendors in town -- would it be smarter to go there or to buy from a trusted online retailer?

The two local places I have been considering are Kingpin and Vapor Nine. I'm not sure if they'd have any reputation with the folks here, but where can I go to find some unbiased, jargon-free reviews?

What are the perks and advantages of buying more expensive gear? Why do so many people seem intent on "tuning" their cigarettes with swappable parts? What do you get out of spending more or customizing your cigarette?

Me: I was never a big smoker. Smoked on average 4-5 Marlboro Menthol Light cigarettes a day for the past 10 years. During stressful times I'd max out at a half a pack a day. But for the past 5 or so years about 4-5 cigarettes a day average.

Nicotine: I started eCigs with 8mg nicotine level. Gives me a nice throat hit/coolness of menthol for my liking. I've tried 6mg and does nothing for me. 16mg is very harsh for me.

Maintenance: At my casual level, a standard size carto lasts me 2 or 3 days. Refilling is pretty easy. Battery lasts me 4-5 days. Charging simple obviously. As far as ohms and resistance, you are just starting out so you won't be running a heavy duty battery or anything over 4.8volts so just stick with standard or low resistance cartomizers.

Package: I recommend not getting a "starter kit" because you may find yourself tinkering and wasting the extra battery and atomizers that come with.

I would recommend buying: Joye 510 Battery. A 510 battery Charger. Pack of Boge Cartomizers. Juice of your choice. Done.

Tinkering: Some people dive really deep into getting a good pairing of the ohms on their cartomizers vs the volts on their battery to find the sweet spots. I don't think you should worry about that right now. Some people are in search of the PERFECT vape for them. As a beginner your standards will be low so it'll be fine.

Here's a staple of knowledge:

The eCig has a battery, atomizer (heating element), and cartridge (where juice goes.)

Your first step into a better vape is getting a "Cartomizer" or "Clearomizer"

They combine the cartridge and the atomizer into one unit.

Top Bottom