• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I tried just about every possible combination and just about every one of them has a catch. eventually I just resorted to dripping.

I use the 901 atomizer. Drip a few drops and it's like a half cig worth of vaping.

The good news is I haven't really had a cigarette since I started vaping about a year ago.
Anyone have any other better solutions?

Get a nice bottom feeder, and then it's like you're constantly dripping. I don't know if they make a good, mass produced one, though, so you might have to spend a few bucks.

So I did an experiment tonight. And took the last few drops of like.. 4-5 bottles of various Fruit flavored juices and combined them. Ended up with like .6ml of juice. It's an interesting taste. No one fruit discernible but overall a pleasant flavor.

Husker86

So I did an experiment tonight. And took the last few drops of like.. 4-5 bottles of various Fruit flavored juices and combined them. Ended up with like .6ml of juice. It's an interesting taste. No one fruit discernible but overall a pleasant flavor.
The liquid I make myself is basically mixing a bunch of fruits together. It's pretty awesome.

The liquid I make myself is basically mixing a bunch of fruits together. It's pretty awesome.

yeah I really liked the way this turned out, though I think a part of that is because I only have "meh" flavors left in a decent amount. I have some StRAWRberry left from Rawr but something's off about it. Makes my head hurt a bit and is very harsh. I ordered it in .6mg Nic but it must be a mix up and be more because this feels off when I vape it. Other than that I still have a lot of my ECBlends order left but I just don't like the stuff.

Wallach

Where do you guys get the Kanger (M)T3s?

I bought mine from a site called vapingme.com. I bought them when I bought my Twists and stuff from them since they had decent prices and were selling genuine Joyetech stuff; I actually had tough time finding places that weren't selling knock-off charger parts.

speedline

Banned
http://www.economist.com/news/business/21573985-challenge-big-tobacco-vape-em-if-you-got-em

each day that passes, tobacco makers will get more serious about e-cigs :(
My dad recently switched to it 2 months ago and hes been alot more positive and loves these

Interesting, didn't know Blu and possibly njoy were now owned by Big Tobacco companies. Those brands can be marketed to the masses while we enjoy our premium set ups.

I just recently got back into vaping and am liking my Ego-T much better than my old Bloog Maxx Fusion. I'm using a Stardust clearo and really like it, but they are $5 a pop so I ordered some Kanger T4 to try out.

Chopper

What do you guys think about this as a starter way to get into vaping at a very cheap cost?

http://www.roarvapor.com/index.php/hardware/mods/ego-basics-kit.html
Spot on. It's what I recommend to anyone who's getting started, although with the Vision clearos from Liberty Flights.

Speaking of Rawr (roar), they've stopped shipping to the UK just in time for me to become extremely interested in their juices. Their only UK vendor, Liberty Flights, has a pretty meagre selection. I'm super keen to get my hands on their Strapple flavour. Or rather, their "Best Sellers" sample pack specifically, as they come with that sweet 2% menthol option. How viable is it that someone in the US could pick that up for me and send it over?

Can't find anything for my eGo C Twist that hits better than my CE3's so I'm going to just stick with them. I was willing to get used to the bigger Kanger T3 Mini and CE4 but I could not get used to the way they "pulled." The CE3 has an "air-ey" feel to them wher I can hear/feel while I'm inhaling. The CE4 and Kanger T3 mini gave me no feedback as I was inhaling.

If I were to try one more carto that wasn't too much bigger than a mini kanger t3, what would it be?

And how many refills of the same flavor would I get out of it before I had to rebuild it?

Also, I'm done with juice hunting. I've spent way too much money on it just to find that some flavors taste like absolute asshole. I'll stick with Vapor Kings Menthol and I'll sprinkle in some flavors of various other juices that I got and don't like enough to fill up half a tank with.

The CE3 has an "air-ey" feel to them wher I can hear/feel while I'm inhaling. The CE4 and Kanger T3 mini gave me no feedback as I was inhaling.

I find this happens with thicker juices (50/50+). One thing I've discovered recently when one of my Kangers seemed to have a much tighter draw than the rest is that you shouldn't screw them on tight. Stop screwing it as soon as you feel a bit of tension. Still not as "airy" as a CE3 but much better for my liking.

I find this happens with thicker juices (50/50+). One thing I've discovered recently when one of my Kangers seemed to have a much tighter draw than the rest is that you shouldn't screw them on tight. Stop screwing it as soon as you feel a bit of tension. Still not as "airy" as a CE3 but much better for my liking.

I'll try that. How many refills do you get out of your Kangers before you rebuild?

Hmm... quite a few. I haven't been keeping count, but a head I keep exclusively for my primary flavour has been going for a couple of weeks with a refill at least every 48 hours. I don't really rebuild them. I tried it and it worked, but I just ended up buying a few heads in bulk. I have a couple of rebuildables now that are easy to do, so I want the Kangers to be as hassle free as possible. I've only had one head just completely die on me. Others I switch as I feel the flavour is tainted, but I'll go back to them if I have to.

aFIGurANT

So my new ecig was just delivered today but of course the one thing that could go wrong with the order did go wrong as it turns out. Here's a quick question: If the cartomizer I bought (the recommended Phoenix one from the OP) are too small to fit on, do I just need to go to a smoke shop and buy the 2.6-2.8 version? I have 2.4-2.6 right now and they don't fit my ego joy w/e flagship 1000MaH model at all.

t0va

I'm posting to rave about the iClear30 which was recently released by Innokin. I've had a lot of issues with Kanger/Vivi products and was ready to accept that the technology hadn't been perfected yet. I received my iTaste SVD a few weeks ago and it came with two iClear30's, the best performing clearomizers I've tried thus far. The flavor, vapor production, and form factor are on another level. I believe we've reached the next stage of clearomizer. Check out these reviews and get em while they're hot.

Pbusardo (32:50)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7DnXw0MqTs

Grimmgreen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REpZh1T8k3k

Broseybrose

So my new ecig was just delivered today but of course the one thing that could go wrong with the order did go wrong as it turns out. Here's a quick question: If the cartomizer I bought (the recommended Phoenix one from the OP) are too small to fit on, do I just need to go to a smoke shop and buy the 2.6-2.8 version? I have 2.4-2.6 right now and they don't fit my ego joy w/e flagship 1000MaH model at all.

You probably ordered the 808 connection version of the phoenix. You need the 510 connection version. Ohms have nothing to do with threading.

If you explain your mistake in an email and say youre willing to ship back the 808s they may swap you 510s for free.

t0va

May I have a link to your hardware?

Edit: Agree with the above poster.

aFIGurANT

I didn't know what the hell to do once the recommended cartomizer was sold out. Someone might want to get the op links updated when they can. So return the 808 carto and get the same brand but the 505 version and all is good?

My battery is the one thousand mah(or w/e) ego-c twist variable 3.2-4.8v

Broseybrose

Yeah ALL eGos and eGo knockoffs have 510 threading. We in the vape scene kinda take it for granted that everyone already knows that.

surrogate

I didn't know what the hell to do once the recommended cartomizer was sold out. Someone might want to get the op links updated when they can. So return the 808 carto and get the same brand but the 505 version and all is good?

My battery is the one thousand mah(or w/e) ego-c twist variable 3.2-4.8v

Another option is just to buy an 510-808 thread adapter instead of paying to ship it back.

Speaking of Rawr (roar), they've stopped shipping to the UK just in time for me to become extremely interested in their juices. Their only UK vendor, Liberty Flights, has a pretty meagre selection. I'm super keen to get my hands on their Strapple flavour. Or rather, their "Best Sellers" sample pack specifically, as they come with that sweet 2% menthol option. How viable is it that someone in the US could pick that up for me and send it over?

Just to let you know, Liberty Flights have just got more stock in of their Rawr flavours. I know you were looking for a good vanilla, and their description certainly sounds good (their 1 review is good too). I'm going to give it a try myself. Enter 'neil' for 10% discount!

Chopper

Just to let you know, Liberty Flights have just got more stock in of their Rawr flavours. I know you were looking for a good vanilla, and their description certainly sounds good (their 1 review is good too). I'm going to give it a try myself. Enter 'neil' for 10% discount!
Thanks man. I've been in contact with the guy who runs the site via UKVapers, and he's gonna look into expanding the range now that they won't ship internationally. As soon as they've got a bunch of (non cinnamon) Strapple, I'm in.

I've just purchased my first proper mechanical mod. Got myself a Chameleon. Can't wait for it to arrive. I want a Clockworks RDA to go with it. This is a slippery slope...

Chopper

Got myself a Chameleon. Oooooh yeah....

OEWkK3w.jpg

I've been trying out some of the disposable e-cigs while I write my papers and study this week (helps me cut down on other things), and so far I'm liking the NJoy Kings and Blu Disposables. I know there's something better out there, but are there any stores that carry any sort of real vapes besides the disposables? Ordering online is a little bit tricky for me over here.

daw840

I've been trying out some of the disposable e-cigs while I write my papers and study this week (helps me cut down on other things), and so far I'm liking the NJoy Kings and Blu Disposables. I know there's something better out there, but are there any stores that carry any sort of real vapes besides the disposables? Ordering online is a little bit tricky for me over here.
Well. It kinda depends where you are located. I know that their are some brick and mortar stores but they are scarce.

I've been loving my eGo but i like new shiny things so I ordered a Vamo. It will be my last expedition on this vape journey.

Just gotta find a tank that looks good with it buts not that big ( <= 3ml.) Apparently my Kanger Mini T3 won't fit on it. I have a CE4 Stardust I can throw on when I get it.

Anyone have any feedback on iClear30 vs Vivi Nova vs IGO-L ??

I like the way those look best on the Vamo

Anyone have any feedback on iClear30 vs Vivi Nova vs IGO-L ??

I like the way those look best on the Vamo

I have all 3 of those. Viva Nova is easily the worst. iClear30 gives as good a flavour and vapour as any clearo I've tried (probably slightly ahead of the T3/CE3's since it can handle higher voltages). IGO-L isn't a tank, it's a rebuildable dripping atomizer. Taste and flavour are on par with the other cheap rebuildable dripper I have (Phoenix). They're both incredible, and a step up from clearo's. But they're very different to a VN/iClear in that you have to build the head and drip a lot more often since they don't really hold juice, you're just wetting the wick. It's well worth owning both a rebuildable dripper and a tank for the best of convenience and flavour.

I have all 3 of those. Viva Nova is easily the worst. iClear30 gives as good a flavour and vapour as any clearo I've tried (probably slightly ahead of the T3/CE3's since it can handle higher voltages). IGO-L isn't a tank, it's a rebuildable dripping atomizer. Taste and flavour are on par with the other cheap rebuildable dripper I have (Phoenix). They're both incredible, and a step up from clearo's. But they're very different to a VN/iClear in that you have to build the head and drip a lot more often since they don't really hold juice, you're just wetting the wick. It's well worth owning both a rebuildable dripper and a tank for the best of convenience and flavour.

Awesome thanks. Can you recommend any other Clears/Carts on par with the iClear30 that may look nice on a Vamo?

Chopper

Awesome thanks. Can you recommend any other Clears/Carts on par with the iClear30 that may look nice on a Vamo?
I've found that the majority of clearos on the market look a bit....skinny on the Vamo. I bought an IGO-L to go on it right away, as I was never really gonna take the Vamo out amd about. It's for reclining on my sofa, and the taste and vapour you get from an RBA is second to none. I've just put my name down for a brushed, black Clockworks RBA to go on my Chameleon.

Kangers will work on a Vamo with a (very cheap) ego/510 adaptor, so you could try that if you particularly like them. The tank above looks nice on my Vamo too, and was super cheap. It's a U-DCT, and will suit me until I get my hands on a Kir Fanis or similar.

That iClear looks smart though. Let me know how you guys get on with them.

I was just saying earlier in the thread that I was done with cheap top feeding devices, so the iClear30 has been a nice surprise so far. The sheer amount of wicks (16 in total) and the dual coil really seem to sidestep some of the issues I've had with similar tanks. So far, anyway. It's early days.

Chopper

I was just saying earlier in the thread that I was done with cheap top feeding devices, so the iClear30 has been a nice surprise so far. The sheer amount of wicks (16 in total) and the dual coil really seem to sidestep some of the issues I've had with similar tanks. So far, anyway. It's early days.
How fat is it? Compared to, say, a T3? Are you using it on a Vamo?

Hello

So Ive been seriously considering buying a e-cigarette recently since it seems like a healthy investment and Im looking to change my life style. Ive tried a dozen of times to go cold turkey with no succes. They seem cheaper than I expected, but I have some concerns, to which I cant find any information:

• How long does an e-cigaret last?
  • How often will I have to change the liquid?

Hello

So Ive been seriously considering buying a e-cigarette recently since it seems like a healthy investment and Im looking to change my life style. Ive tried a dozen of times to go cold turkey with no succes. They seem cheaper than I expected, but I have some concerns, to which I cant find any information:

• How long does an e-cigaret last?
  • How often will I have to change the liquid?

Both depend on how often you are going to Vape and which methods you choose.

If you go with an eGo battery and standard cartomizer on the 1.6ml - 2ml range: I was a 4-5 cigarette a day smoker and that tank will last me almost a week. The battery for months and months.

Juice generally comes in 3ml amounts.

Both depend on how often you are going to Vape and which methods you choose.

If you go with an eGo battery and standard cartomizer on the 1.6ml - 2ml range: I was a 4-5 cigarette a day smoker and that tank will last me almost a week. The battery for months and months.

Juice generally comes in 3ml amounts.

Alright, thanks for the information. I can manage to smoke to a whole pack a day if Im drunk (even though Im axing alcohol too, to fix my life style), but I normally range between 5~8 a day, so its a relief to know a tank can last so long.

sephi22

Guys I've start vaping recreationally and till now I've tried V2 Cigs and their liquids.
The 0 nicotine and 6 mg (light) liquids are okay, but the 12(medium) and 18(heavy) ones give me a really sour aftertaste.

What are the best websites for liquids? The thread is too big for me to follow. I like fruity, sweet, candy flavors (because I used to love shisha back in Dubai.)

Wallach

Guys I've start vaping recreationally and till now I've tried V2 Cigs and their liquids.
The 0 nicotine and 6 mg (light) liquids are okay, but the 12(medium) and 18(heavy) ones give me a really sour aftertaste.

What are the best websites for liquids? The thread is too big for me to follow. I like fruity, sweet, candy flavors (because I used to love shisha back in Dubai.)

I highly recommend Good Life Vapor, the guy is a really good mixer. Try the Melon Boba, still the best juice I've tried.

daw840

I fucking love roarvapor.com

Top Bottom