• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Hey guys just another update. I ended up going with the Vision Spinner VV 1300 Mah, a vision ego clearomizer, a charger, and a nice bottle of VG juice from myvaporstore. Thanks for all the help you guys, appreciate it!

Hey guys just another update. I ended up going with the Vision Spinner VV 1300 Mah, a vision ego clearomizer, a charger, and a nice bottle of VG juice from myvaporstore. Thanks for all the help you guys, appreciate it!

You did very well. And I've been using MyVaporStore and they ship very very quickly.

Post pics of your setup when you get it.

I just ordered a black vision spinner from another site cause MVS didn't have it in Black

You did very well. And I've been using MyVaporStore and they ship very very quickly.

I just ordered a black vision spinner from another site cause MVS didn't have it in Black

I didn't even see your post! This is my first e cig so I wanted to go as good as possible, decided to step up from the 650 mah ego twist. I got the one in White because I'd feel weird with a giant thing of metal dangling from my mouth :p

I didn't even see your post! This is my first e cig so I wanted to go as good as possible, decided to step up from the 650 mah ego twist. I got the one in White because I'd feel weird with a giant thing of metal dangling from my mouth :p

Yea my first was an ego twist in white. So now my stealth setup will be the white 650 mah twist with CE3 Clearomizer and the Spinner 1300 with iclear30 my bigger setup

Yea my first was an ego twist in white. So now my stealth setup will be the white 650 mah twist with CE3 Clearomizer and the Spinner 1300 with iclear30 my bigger setup

How big is the Spinner compared to say... a Blu disposable or even analog cigarette?

Battrey0923.jpg

The spinner is a little thicker than the 650mah.

Blu is about the size of the 280mah. Which is about the size of a Marlboro 100

Edit

Double D

So after about a year of vaping and trying all kinds of various cartos and clearos, I just discovered that some darker juices clog things up faster than others. I think specifically it's the sweeteners used, but whatever.

I got a pack of CE3s along with a couple of those Splitfire clearos. I typically switch between a Mountain Dew type flavor and a Coffee flavor.

Well I just assumed I had gotten a couple of bad CE3's in my pack because they would be fine for the first 10 hits or so, then get burnt and funky tasting. This wasn't happening with the ones filled with MtDew. Then the same thing happens with the Splitfire. Only with that, I could see the crazy gunk built up on the coils.

Then I poked around on the internet just moments ago and realized that this is a common thing. Anyone else experience this? I'm assuming yes, and I'm just now having this revelation. If so, have you found 'darker' liquid that doesn't gunk things up so quickly?

What's the VG/PG consistency of the liquids? I haven't noticed much of a correlation between the darkness of liquids and burnt hits, but the more VG in a liquid the thicker it is and the more problematic it might be in certain cartos.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If you want to buy atomizers in bulk I highly recommend Vapor Kings.

I placed an order for 10 Joye 510 LR 1.5 ohm atomizers total cost $46.95 on Monday they arrived yesterday. Great deals for people that drip exclusively.

daw840

What's the VG/PG consistency of the liquids? I haven't noticed much of a correlation between the darkness of liquids and burnt hits, but the more VG in a liquid the thicker it is and the more problematic it might be in certain cartos.

Seems as though the really heavy VG liquids are best used in a dripping atty. Though I will say that the 100% VG liquids worked fucking great in the stock tank system that came with my Ego-T

What I find interesting is that while most VG liquids are very thick.. Johnson Creeks VG only line is not thick at all. I haven't ordered any in a long time but I remember when I switched from their juices to vapedudes 50/50 juices I was surprised at how thick the 50/50 was.

Also.. my last order from Rawr came with a free sample and I was so stoked... then I gave it a cursory smell and super strong black liquorice. :/ I don't hate black liquorice per say.. even really like Jager... but I don't feel like it'll be a great vape flavor at all.

Double D

Both liquids I mentioned in my 'test' were 70/30 pg/vg. Dark gets gunky, light doesn't. I use to use 100 pg with a different combo of dark and light juices from a completely different vendor and noticed the same thing.

I just got my VV spinner, now how do I add the juice into my clearomizer? do I need a syringe of any sort? I'm using the EGO Clearomizers.

I filled up the clearomizer with some blue raspberry juice that I ordered and set it to 3.3 Volts. The taste I get from the pull is absolutely horrendous. It tastes burnt and is VERY harsh. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Actually I just figured out it had to get absorbed by the wick in the first place. Duh. It's all fine now and doesn't taste horrifying. I do need to get new juice as well, so what are some really good VG providers? And do I have to buy new clearomizers for every flavor or do I just have to replace the wick?

Day 2 with the Vision Spinner. Damn this thing feels NICE in my hands. That little added thicknes (from the eGo C Twist) really is a welcomed changed. It's well worth the extra .5" in length. And the voltage is very easy to see while adjusting.

With a Kanger Mini-T3 on top.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I just got my VV spinner, now how do I add the juice into my clearomizer? do I need a syringe of any sort? I'm using the EGO Clearomizers.

I filled up the clearomizer with some blue raspberry juice that I ordered and set it to 3.3 Volts. The taste I get from the pull is absolutely horrendous. It tastes burnt and is VERY harsh. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Actually I just figured out it had to get absorbed by the wick in the first place. Duh. It's all fine now and doesn't taste horrifying. I do need to get new juice as well, so what are some really good VG providers? And do I have to buy new clearomizers for every flavor or do I just have to replace the wick?

avejuice.com is the best all VG provider hands down. 100% VG in all of their juices unless you specify otherwise.

So it seams two of the most important ecig reviewers are Grimm Green and PBusardo.

Grimm is always pushing Namber liquids but thats his girlfriends company so you can't trust that.

Does anyone know what liquid PBusardo uses or speaks highly of?

I'm getting absolutely HORRID tasting hits again from my Spinner and Ego v2 clearo. It'll be completely fine for a while but the taste it give out sometimes is just horrendous. What's going on with it? Why is it so nasty?

antitrop

I've been trying to quit with an e-cig for about 2 months now, doing well.

But damn, this thread is making me jealous as fuck of all the nice pieces! Mine is fairly non-extravagant.

I bought it last summer and one of the two batteries that came with it is dead and the second is waning, it might be time to invest in something luxurious.
I'm okay with this investment.

Can anyone recommend me the higher-end stuff? I went for about 2 months last year without smoking before picking it back up, but I would prefer for it to stick this time. Getting a new vape will help the temptation to "just stop at the gas station and pick up a pack".

I'm also sort of a noob, I'm not really into the culture and I don't know all the fancy terminology and what the in components and VGs are these days. I just bought the first e-cig/juice I found on Google and it was decent enough.

But now I want something a bit better. A bit more prestige.

Whatever Victory Red has up there, I'm going to have to look into. Thing looks fuckin' dope as shit.

I'm getting absolutely HORRID tasting hits again from my Spinner and Ego v2 clearo. It'll be completely fine for a while but the taste it give out sometimes is just horrendous. What's going on with it? Why is it so nasty?

If you know the juice can taste good, so that isn't at fault, and you're trying it on low voltages so misusing the battery isn't the cause then I guess it would have to be a garbage clearo. I recommend getting a pack of CE3's.

I've been trying to quit with an e-cig for about 2 months now, doing well.

But damn, this thread is making me jealous as fuck of all the nice pieces! Mine is fairly non-extravagant.

I bought it last summer and one of the two batteries that came with it is dead and the second is waning, it might be time to invest in something luxurious.
I'm okay with this investment.

Can anyone recommend me the higher-end stuff? I went for about 2 months last year without smoking before picking it back up, but I would prefer for it to stick this time. Getting a new vape will help the temptation to "just stop at the gas station and pick up a pack".

I'm also sort of a noob, I'm not really into the culture and I don't know all the fancy terminology and what the in components and VGs are these days. I just bought the first e-cig/juice I found on Google and it was decent enough.

But now I want something a bit better. A bit more prestige.

Option 1 in the op is still the best bang for your buck. You can't go wrong with an Ego Twist and a decent clearomizer.

lachesis

Gosh.. how I miss vapin'.

I've been off ecig for about an year and half now - and before then, I was heavy vaper for a couple of years.

Started off with earlier chinese e-cigs, then moved to trog's screwdriver.... my final piece was Pure Smoker's Prodigy v3.

But I quit vaping all together because the tooth stains. Never in my life I had any stain issues, even though I was moderate analog smoker & drank a lot of coffee/espresso - but every single year I had heavy nicotine stains behind my teeth since I took up the e-cigs. My dentist couldn't even clean that sh*t up completely during 1 session... so that was it. I quit vaping. (and no, I'm not smoking either. ;0)

I still have the Prodigy v3 and Screwdriver somewhere in my closet - but no carto/atomizer & juice to keep me away from the temptation... but I still do miss vaping off and on.

Funny that how the e-cig scene now has so much different variations. Back then, Joye510 was new up and coming standard - now it's all variable voltages and whatnot! LOL...

Anyhow, once I was on 6V, it totally took over my smoking desire. It was vastly superior experience compared to smoking. Much more satisfying vapor & great throat hit without stinking myself... I'm a firm believer that e-cig is a great replacement for analogs, and always tell others to at least try e-cigs.

kafiend

I'm also sort of a noob, I'm not really into the culture and I don't know all the fancy terminology and what the in components and VGs are these days.

When I started looking into this ecig business nothing put me off (and rapidly pissed me off) more than reading a sentance that seemed to only feature RBA PG VG NIC OHM VV VAMO 80/20 8mg = ZOMG! DRY HIT COIL THROAT BLAH BLAH.

This might help a little - http://www.stevevape.com/e-cigarette-jargon-and-how-to-decipher-ecig-101/

antitrop

I greatly appreciate any help you guys are offering, putting these things together is definitely more complicated than it really should be, but such is life with the early days of exciting, new technology.

I followed InaudibleWhispa's advice and went with Option 1 in the OP and this is what I came up with. Before I submit the order, is there anything out of the ordinary, here? Any incompatible parts? Anything I'm missing? Better component recommendations? Signficantly better prices elsewhere (I'm perfectly fine with ~$90, that's what I was expecting to spend)?

Oa4tlxl.jpg

I already have Juice.

Wallach

I greatly appreciate any help you guys are offering, putting these things together is definitely more complicated than it really should be, but such is life with the early days of exciting, new technology.

I followed InaudibleWhispa's advice and went with Option 1 in the OP and this is what I came up with. Before I submit the order, is there anything out of the ordinary, here? Any incompatible parts? Anything I'm missing? Better component recommendations? Signficantly better prices elsewhere (I'm perfectly fine with ~$90, that's what I was expecting to spend)?

Oa4tlxl.jpg

I already have Juice.

You'd be better off getting that stuff from Vapingme, their default prices are better for the same stuff. It's where I wound up getting mine after looking around and I bought the exact same setup except with Kanger T3s instead. You can use the code REDDIT on that site for another 12-17% off on top of that.

My experience with the T3s didn't leave me with a great impression of clearos in the end; I'd definitely consider ordering a 5-pack of cartomizers from somewhere (I get mine from IkenVape but a lot of places sell Boge cartos which are okay too) to try those out.

Edit - Yeah the cart at vapingme is only like $72 before the REDDIT code with the same setup.

Uhyve

Just wondering, what are peoples processes for letting eliquid steep? Out of the four I've bought so far (still trying to find my go-to liquid) two have tasted really weird, I've got this "Chocolate Cherry Love" stuff, and I swear it tastes like some sort of flowery soap. I don't really want to leave the bottles with the lids off, so is it cool to just leave them in a dark place and hope for the best? Or is that just a waste of time?

Also, thinking I might order a few flavours from RAWR, what do you guys recommend? I notice an Antidote mention above, so I'll probably try that, but anything else? Preferably something that won't need to steep, since I'm running a little low at the moment, but other than that, I'm fairly willing to try anything.

Oh and thanks to InaudibleWhispa for the advice on what equipment to buy (ended up with an eGo-C Twist and Mini Vivi Nova), the choice is seriously daunting, don't know if I'd have bothered with these things if I hadn't gotten some advice. Not had a cig in over two weeks now.

Edit: Every now and then I'll have a small amount amount of eliquid leak into the tip (no idea what I'm meant to call that part, drip tip?), is there a likely part that's causing it which I can tighten or replace? It's not a huge deal, since it only happens every now and then, but it does feel alittle... burny.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So it seams two of the most important ecig reviewers are Grimm Green and PBusardo.

Grimm is always pushing Namber liquids but thats his girlfriends company so you can't trust that.

Does anyone know what liquid PBusardo uses or speaks highly of?

When I first started watching his reviews, he would always tout Boba's Bounty. Now, he seems to vape something different all of the time. He has a bunch of liquid reviews, too.

Wallach

When I first started watching his reviews, he would always tout Boba's Bounty. Now, he seems to vape something different all of the time. He has a bunch of liquid reviews, too.

Busardo has his own website called tasteyourjuice.com, there's a section on it that lists his favorite juices. I heard about Melon Boba through that guy.

Oa4tlxl.jpg

I already have Juice.

If you haven't already ordered. I get most of my stuff from MyVaporStore.com. Shipping is sick fast.

Your battery is good but I've never used those clearos. You can't go wrong with a Kanger T3. Or Kanger Mini T3. All on that site.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If you haven't already ordered. I get most of my stuff from MyVaporStore.com. Shipping is sick fast.

Your battery is good but I've never used those clearos. You can't go wrong with a Kanger T3. Or Kanger Mini T3. All on that site.

About a year ago, the 'Stardust' was all the rage. Pretty much all the clearos now, owe that one a debt. The Kanger T2 is pretty much a straight copy of that clearo, in fact.

That said, I believe the T3 to be the superior clearomizer at this time.

Allforce

What's your recommendation with this package?

I figured I'd get one of those eGo Twist batteries and one of those Vision Spinners that you posted a picture of above. Now what cartomizers are best from that selection? Should I just get 2 of the same or mix it up? I'm all about variety.

Also can you explain what atomizers are and why/how they are replaced? It says on that that site that "Atomizers need replaced every 2-3 weeks" but that's one aspect I've never looked into in my research so far.

What's your recommendation with this package?

I figured I'd get one of those eGo Twist batteries and one of those Vision Spinners that you posted a picture of above. Now what cartomizers are best from that selection? Should I just get 2 of the same or mix it up? I'm all about variety.

Also can you explain what atomizers are and why/how they are replaced? It says on that that site that "Atomizers need replaced every 2-3 weeks" but that's one aspect I've never looked into in my research so far.

I don't know how much you plan on vaping but a 1300mah spinner will last mad long. I don't think you need two batteries.

Get two Kanger T3s.

The atomizer is the heating element. The cartridge holds the juice. "Cartomizer" combines the two in one unit. Clearomizer and Cartomizer terms are used interchangeably.

Allforce

So do you need to replace atomizers that often like that site suggests?

Also with two "tanks" are they easy to clean out and put way different juices in periodically?

antitrop

About a year ago, the 'Stardust' was all the rage. Pretty much all the clearos now, owe that one a debt. The Kanger T2 is pretty much a straight copy of that clearo, in fact.

That said, I believe the T3 to be the superior clearomizer at this time.

Wallach, chuckddd, and Victory Red, thanks very much for your advice. I have not placed the order yet and was holding off expressly for these suggestions.

I will be buying the shit tomorrow, using all of your advice.

Allforce

Yeah props to you guys, I had a few hits off a friend's Blu the other night and thought "I know those cats at GAF are doing it better than this..." and started doing more research. I like when you post pics of your devices and then just list the parts involved, makes it way easier to know what you're getting.

Uhyve

So do you need to replace atomizers that often like that site suggests?

Also with two "tanks" are they easy to clean out and put way different juices in periodically?
Apprently, the best way to think of atomizers is like lighters for cigarettes, so yeah, you'll have to replace it now and then, but it's hard to put a lifespan on them. It all kind of works out though, since you get through a comparatively small amount of eliquid (I've been saving at least £20 a week in total).

I've only just started with ecigs but I'm currently into my second week with just the one coil (I'm using a cartomizer with replaceable coils, so the lighter part). The tank is quite easy to clean, I've seen a few people suggesting that you should get a squirt bottle in order to clean the tank without compromising the... sucking tube (sorry still new, don't know what it's called), though with the Vivi Nova I was able to disassemble it and wash it very easily. However, with alot of these cartomizers it seems like it's a good idea to wash the entire thing and just leave it overnight. Similarly, I've been getting by with a single 1000mAh battery (I couldn't afford to buy two) charging it overnight, though funnily enough, I can now quite easily afford to buy a second battery.

Seriously though, I've been saving a silly amount of money. You don't realize how much you spend on cigarettes until you stop. I'm currently considering buying an nVidia Titan or an Oculus Rift.

Allforce

Oh I know the money saved, I haven't smoked cigs in 3+ years.

I just sort of want one of these for the simple fact that I LIKED smoking before and I feel like we as a species have come up with a infinitely safer alternative and it should be supported and explained to people.

Also the devices remind me of something out of Blade Runner.

Wallach

Oh I know the money saved, I haven't smoked cigs in 3+ years.

I just sort of want one of these for the simple fact that I LIKED smoking before and I feel like we as a species have come up with a infinitely safer alternative and it should be supported and explained to people.

Also the devices remind me of something out of Blade Runner.

That's pretty much what I did. Quit cold turkey and had been smoke free for I think a year or so, but I'm the kind of guy that really loved smoking. I like these better than smoking once you get the good shit together.

I'm loving MyVaporStore. I ordered VG juice earlier today, along with some new clearo's and they already shipped, and are coming tomorrow. Through USPS Priority. I think that's just dandy.

Really impressed with Mountain Oak Vapors (available in the UK here). I've tried Nirvana, Red Drop and Happy Farmer all of which have been lovely. Also just tried a new UK juice vendor Chefs Vapour which I'm enjoying a lot.

Anyone try one of those Kanger pro tanks? I like the idea of using glass.

Nope, but I'm thinking about it since I have a couple of juices that are prone to cracking plastic tanks that I can only currently drip.

lachesis

Another nod for MVS - especially if you are in eastcoast - NY/NJ/CT area.
Their ship quite fast - usually gets within a couple of days.

Thing about being addicted, one your stock runs low - and sometimes if all the cartos go out - there's nothing worse than waiting for several days for your juice/carto to arrive. Happened to me a couple of times when my spare attys blew out at the same time.

Also their price wasn't too shabby either. Sure you could get cheaper by ordering direct from China, (did that too) but takes forever to get here...

If I wasn't getting tooth nicotine stains from the juice, I would have still vaped. :( I haven't vaped/smoked for an year and half now - but after reading this thread, I am thinking of doing zero nic once in a while...

I went golfing yesterday so I needed something stealth-ier.

eGo C Twist 650mah. Boge cartomizer. Black drip tip. Adapter cone to hide eGo threads.

Flavor is mix of Fruit Punch/Strawberry/Menthol. All from VaporAlley.com

My "bigger" setup

eGo Vision Spinner 1300mah. Innokin iClear30 Clearomizer. Adapter cone to hide eGo threads

Flavor is mix of Raspberry Limeade from VaporBeast.com. and Menthold from VaporAlley.com

speedline

Banned
Heads up guys! I read here somewhere that Alien Visions had been hacked and CC info was compromised about a month or so ago. I ordered from them right before finding out about that and now my CC has fraudulent charges on it. Luckily only about $30 in transactions went through before they put a block on my account. LOOK OUT if you ordered from Alien Visions. I can't 100% verify that AV was the place my info was taken from, but they were compromised and I do have fraudulent charges so be careful.

DaFish

Heads up guys! I read here somewhere that Alien Visions had been hacked and CC info was compromised about a month or so ago. I ordered from them right before finding out about that and now my CC has fraudulent charges on it. Luckily only about $30 in transactions went through before they put a block on my account. LOOK OUT if you ordered from Alien Visions. I can't 100% verify that AV was the place my info was taken from, but they were compromised and I do have fraudulent charges so be careful.

I have not purchased from them but thanks for heads up.

caramac

I went golfing yesterday so I needed something stealth-ier.

eGo C Twist 650mah. Boge cartomizer. Black drip tip. Adapter cone to hide eGo threads.

Flavor is mix of Fruit Punch/Strawberry/Menthol. All from VaporAlley.com

My "bigger" setup

eGo Vision Spinner 1300mah. Innokin iClear30 Clearomizer. Adapter cone to hide eGo threads

Flavor is mix of Raspberry Limeade from VaporBeast.com. and Menthold from VaporAlley.com

How are you finding the iClear30?
I'm thinking of giving these a go.

Okay, so now I've tried two different juices from VaporBeast.com and they are both ridiculous. Tons of vapor and tons of flavor. They have tester size bottles to give a few a try.

I highly recommend them. I've tried Razmatazz and Melon Head.

mokeyjoe

That's pretty much what I did. Quit cold turkey and had been smoke free for I think a year or so, but I'm the kind of guy that really loved smoking. I like these better than smoking once you get the good shit together.

I agree. They actually work better the more you enjoy smoking I think. I still have the odd cigarette from time to time and I'm always pretty disappointed with it. They taste bad and the hit's not as good. Finding the right gear/juice is the key.

speedline

Banned
Okay, so now I've tried two different juices from VaporBeast.com and they are both ridiculous. Tons of vapor and tons of flavor. They have tester size bottles to give a few a try.

I highly recommend them. I've tried Razmatazz and Melon Head.

How is the throat hit, I have to have TH to enjoy a good vape.

Top Bottom