• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Just bought my first set yesterday, with 2 clearomizers 16 ml, 2 batteries and cherry flavour liquid w/ 9mg nicotine. I can get used to this.

Used it all day, but I tried to smoke a cigarette late in the afternoon. The taste was so foul, it almost made me feel sick.

I woke up today feeling even more fresh than usuall. My sense of smell is returning too, I could smell my breakfeast cooking all the way from the balcony which kind of surprised me.

My father who is a heavy smoker, is considering buying one now.

In conclusion I must admit I feel converted.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Grape BubbleGum (VapeDudes) - Tastes as close to grape bubblegum as I can imagine any juice can. I'm really enjoying this one.

Orange Cream (VapeDudes) - This is supposed to taste like the dreamcicle from the ice cream cart we all ran to as kids. Swing and a miss. Out of all the 'orange' flavored juices I've tried from different vendors I've come to the opinion that orange is a difficult flavor to replicate in a ecig juice.

Wallach

I thought Five Pawns had a really good orange creamsickle-esque flavor called Queenside, but it had seemingly no throat hit. Great flavor though.

Just got my Vamo in. I thought it would be bigger. Gonna keep it in Stealth mode, can't ever see me needing two batteries in it.

Def. a finger print magnet and very very heavy. Batteries charging, manual printing. I'll post impressions a little later

92MEnp9.jpg

Bought Vanilla liquid today (SMOKE-IT) w/ 0mg. It tastes better than the cherry variant I bought a couple of days ago. I dont get that scratchy sensation in my throat like I did with cherry (9mg). Overall I think Im gonna with this and smoke it like a hookah. And it tastes great too!

Raptor

Still using my Ego, with some Fruit Flavor Liquid.

Im at about the 7 or 8 month, I cant remember without the real ones, feels good man.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bought Vanilla liquid today (SMOKE-IT) w/ 0mg. It tastes better than the cherry variant I bought a couple of days ago. I dont get that scratchy sensation in my throat like I did with cherry (9mg). Overall I think Im gonna with this and smoke it like a hookah. And it tastes great too!

The scratchy sensation is the nicotine.

The scratchy sensation is the nicotine.

Which is why I think I will start smoking non-nicotine liquids from now on. I'll have the cherry flavour as a back up, even though I plan to quit smoking completely by the end of the month.

I was briefly at a bar today to pass a message to a friend, and the stench of cigarettes really hit me. Digusting. I can only imagine what it must've smelled like to passive bystanders when I used to "smoke".

Which is why I think I will start smoking non-nicotine liquids from now on. I'll have the cherry flavour as a back up, even though I plan to quit smoking completely by the end of the month.

I was briefly at a bar today to pass a message to a friend, and the stench of cigarettes really hit me. Digusting. I can only imagine what it must've smelled like to passive bystanders when I used to "smoke".

Ohh not me. I haven't had a stinky in over 3 months but when my friends or strangers are next to me smoking it.... mmmmm it smells glorious. But i've been strong. Not a drag.

Anyways, I got my Vamo and I think I'm going to be selling it. Its really just too heavy for me. I don't mind the size, its the weight and the fact that I really can't justify the quality of the vape as significantly better than my eGo C Twist. I have an Innokin iClear 30 coming today that may be the units last saving grace, but at this point I'm convinced it will taste just as good on my eGoCTwist.

If anyone's interested in buying it from me (From America unless you want to spend the shipping amount.) I'm probably looking to sell it close to getting my money back, I literally used it for a few hours. Went golfing today and no way I can take that out with me on the course.

That's been my concern with going down the Vamo/expensive mods route. If a perfect vape is a 10 and an Ego Twist can take you to a 7 or 8, then is it worth the added cost which can quickly spiral? I don't need to be the E-Cig equivalent of an audiophile. I'm still probably going to put an order in for a Vamo on Friday since it's cheap enough to get a feel for that next step and if I'll find it worth pursuing.

I'm still enjoying the iClear 30. For me with flavour and vapour it performs as well as a Kanger T3 when they're at their absolute best, if not a bit better, but it never leaks, gurgles or produces a burnt hit. Ever. The only negative I've had is that it seems to eat up juice quicker than anything else I've tried, but I guess that's to be expected with 16 wicks and a dual coil.

It really is nice to set the Vamo at 7.5w and swap things in and out to maintain the feel I like, but I can't say that Its significantly better than the eGoCT

Phreaker

Just vaping my ProVari with a Boge 2.0ohm Carto with my favorite Tennessee Cured (Red Oak line) from Johnson's Creek. I've lost count of how many 30ml bottles I've gotten from them in the last few years.

speedline

Banned
Just got some juice called Poison from Roar vapor after reading some rave reviews on it. Shit is nasty as hell, bitter and makes my stomach turn. I guess I will stick with fruit flavors and the occasional Boba's Bounty here and there.

So I still can't wrap my head around all of this for some reason. I can get essentially any e-cig and just swap juices when necessary? I really want to get something decent, yet cheap, and I don't want to have to order online all the time to get juices.

It seems like the Blue rechargeable seems like the way to go for my needs, but I would also like to get something that is a little nicer. My limit for pricing is around 50-60 USD.

Chopper

So I still can't wrap my head around all of this for some reason. I can get essentially any e-cig and just swap juices when necessary? I really want to get something decent, yet cheap, and I don't want to have to order online all the time to get juices.

It seems like the Blue rechargeable seems like the way to go for my needs, but I would also like to get something that is a little nicer. My limit for pricing is around 50-60 USD.
Ooooooor, get an ego battery, some clearomisers, pick a flavour you want and have a far better experience. In my humble opinion.

For me the Vamo was a "luxury" item for use at home on the sofa. I find the ability to alter the power refreshing all the time I'm building my own coils. An RBA on a Vamo is a fantastic thing indeed. Although it is sat on my shelf at the moment whilst I get to know my Chameleon.

TheExodu5

Banned

If you can see if you can special order something around 2-4mg. The sensation is much closer to hookah at that point.

50-60 is plenty of money to get you into something MUCH MUCH nicer than a Blu.

- Get an eGo C-Twist battery ($20-$25)
- Charger for said battery ($11)
- Pack of 5 "CE3 Clearomizers" ($5)
- 3ml of a juice of your choosing ($5-$7)

Ooooooor, get an ego battery, some clearomisers, pick a flavour you want and have a far better experience. In my humble opinion.

For me the Vamo was a "luxury" item for use at home on the sofa. I find the ability to alter the power refreshing all the time I'm building my own coils. An RBA on a Vamo is a fantastic thing indeed. Although it is sat on my shelf at the moment whilst I get to know my Chameleon.

I want something smaller to drag around with me when I go out, I'm not looking for anything really top of the line unless I really get into them. There are way too many options and so many differences that it just becomes a giant amalgamation of information.

50-60 is plenty of money to get you into something MUCH MUCH nicer than a Blu.

- Get an eGo C-Twist battery ($20-$25)
- Charger for said battery ($11)
- Pack of 5 "CE3 Clearomizers" ($5)
- 3ml of a juice of your choosing ($5-$7)

Now this looks pretty interesting. Can I really just switch everything around at whim? I'm also looking for a battery that produces a decent amount of vapor.

TheExodu5

Banned
I wish there were decent tutorial videos for the CE3 out there. It took me a while to figure out how to do well with mine. Often times, the juice doesn't feed very well, at least until they're broken in properly. You need to squeeze the tube a bit to allow the juice to feed. If it gets flooded, you need to blow into it to flush out any excess juice.

Still, once you figure out their quirks, they're great. I don't vape all that often, but a single CE3 has lasted me through roughly 150ml of juice so far, and it's still going.

I want something smaller to drag around with me when I go out, I'm not looking for anything really top of the line unless I really get into them. There are way too many options and so many differences that it just becomes a giant amalgamation of information.

Now this looks pretty interesting. Can I really just switch everything around at whim? I'm also looking for a battery that produces a decent amount of vapor.

Then you must get at least an eGo battery, but for the extra couple of bucks just get an eGo C Twist so you can adjust the voltage it puts out to your liking. More or less volts will effect the amount of vapor and taste.

Yes, you can unscrew and rescrew as many different cartridges as you want.

TheExodu5 said:
I wish there were decent tutorial videos for the CE3 out there. It took me a while to figure out how to do well with mine. Often times, the juice doesn't feed very well, at least until they're broken in properly. You need to squeeze the tube a bit to allow the juice to feed. If it gets flooded, you need to blow into it to flush out any excess juice.

Still, once you figure out their quirks, they're great. I don't vape all that often, but a single CE3 has lasted me through roughly 150ml of juice so far, and it's still going.

Yup, You have to push in with your nail sometimes to get it to flow into the wick channel.

Chopper

Oh yeah man. My comments on the Vamo were in response to the conversation above. Don't get a Vamo.

But do get an ego and some clearos. If you want a smaller form, you'll want the 650mAh model, but you might want two depending on how heavy a smoker/vaper you are,

Then you must get at least an eGo battery, but for the extra couple of bucks just get an eGo C Twist so you can adjust the voltage it puts out to your liking. More or less volts will effect the amount of vapor and taste.

Yes, you can unscrew and rescrew as many different cartridges as you want.

Thanks! I think I might purchase the eGo tonight then since it's all cleared up. Does anyone have a recommendation on what type of juice I should get? I like the blu juice just because of the minimum amount of ingredients in it.

Thanks! I think I might purchase the eGo tonight then since it's all cleared up. Does anyone have a recommendation on what type of juice I should get? I like the blu juice just because of the minimum amount of ingredients in it.

I've tried at least 5 different companies and their juices and the only ones I like are the juices from VaporAlley.com.

A lot of people here recommend RoarVapor.com and RawrVapor.com. I haven't tried them.

Phreaker

Check out Johnson's Creek? They list all their ingredients. I like the Red Oak line as PG made me VERY dry. Their non-PG line (Red Oak) is VG based and does not give me the dryness issues. Some people really don't like JC, but it's my all-day. I have tried so many vendors.... I like rawr, alien visions, and vaperite too.

Anyone know of any eCig places in Manhattan?

I live in NJ and was there over the weekend and did a quick search and the only place that came up was in Brooklyn.

I find it hard to believe that there is not one place in Manhattan.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Anyone know of any eCig places in Manhattan?

I live in NJ and was there over the weekend and did a quick search and the only place that came up was in Brooklyn.

I find it hard to believe that there is not one place in Manhattan.

They're springing up like weeds in Albuquerque. Also, every head shop seems to sell e-cigs to varying degrees.

Johnson's Creek is the company that actually makes Blu's juices, so that would be the closest approximation to what you're used to and what you like. Their flavors are slightly different than what they give Blu though. You'd proabably want the VG line which is the Red Oak line if I'm not mistaken.

As a matter of fact, Johnson's Creek has their own Ego-clone device and their own carto's as well. I'd still suggest the Phoenix Clearo's over their carto's but to each their own.

Here for the Johnson's Creek juices.

Here for the Clearo's though they're currently sold out.

Broseybrose

Yeah ive tried all sorts of different equipment in the three years ive been vaping, and my current setup is EGO Twists with CE3s on them.

Got a couple driptips/mouthpieces leftover from my dripping days that i use on the CE3s. And Ive finally found 4 flavors (all from different vendors) that i consider all-day-vapes.

Point is, the Ego Twist/CE3 combo is a great place to start, AND a great place to end up after years of searching.

Zeth

When you guys say CE3, are you mostly using the Phoenix bottom-coils? I find they work pretty well. And they seem to last much longer than regular cartos before tasting weird/burning, even with my occasional chaining.

As of right now I'm just looking for a vendor who accepts paypal. I would rather not have to pay with a credit card at all, and it seems like every vendor is only taking CC. Those Johnson Creek juices look amazing too, I saw them the other day and was going to buy them regardless. VG all the way!

Well the bad news is that I sold my Vamo :(. I really wanted to love it but couldn't justify keeping it, especially when I'm about to drop a bomb on the Galaxy S4 next week.

The good news is that I got my Innokin iClear 30 and this thing is the tits. Great flavor and plenty of smoke. The only thing I don't like is how it looks on my eGo but I can get over it.

Can anyone recommend a mod that is about the same thickness of the Vamo but not anywheres near as heavy?

I also tried a new juice vendor at the site I ordered the iClear 30 from, VaporBeast.com, and I really like it. I got Rasberry Limeade, cut it with my favorite Menthol and it tastes great.

kafiend

When I fit a tank or something similar to an Ego I use a collar like picture B here - http://www.shake-n-vape.co.uk/Ego_plinthcollar/p1827538_8404861.aspx

Can't be certain if its the exact same one as my brother gave me one that looks like it and also a couple of other similar ones. That aside, they make anything larger sit better and feel a lot more solid on an Ego.
When using a RBA its also useful to screw the collar up onto the RBA when the air hole is aligned in a place where your finger will not accidentally cover it. All in all, cheap but useful.

As of right now I'm just looking for a vendor who accepts paypal. I would rather not have to pay with a credit card at all, and it seems like every vendor is only taking CC. Those Johnson Creek juices look amazing too, I saw them the other day and was going to buy them regardless. VG all the way!

It's going to be damn near impossible to find one (in the U.S. at least) that accepts PP because they prohibit ANY e-juice or e-cig sales. The only one I know that does payment through them is Liberty Flights and frankly, I'm not sure how they are getting away with it. I know I've purchased items online from people on the forums and they do accept PP, but you are forbidden from using ANY terms that are e-cig related.

It's going to be damn near impossible to find one (in the U.S. at least) that accepts PP because they prohibit ANY e-juice or e-cig sales. The only one I know that does payment through them is Liberty Flights and frankly, I'm not sure how they are getting away with it. I know I've purchased items online from people on the forums and they do accept PP, but you are forbidden from using ANY terms that are e-cig related.

Must be a US thing. I've only ever used Paypal in the UK, and I've used about 10 different sites. It's pretty much the standard, default form of payment and they don't hide what they're selling.

I ordered an eGo Vision Spinner 1300 mah and some cone adapter rings for a smoother look. The vision Spinner is thicker than a standard eGo and only about a half inch longer.

Top Bottom