• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Chopper

Oh my God. So much juice. This little package from Alice in Vapeland is impressive for all sorts of reasons, but I mean... Just look at all these awesome flavours I get to try!

eAmxFLl.jpg

Only tried "Twas Brillig" so far. Allegedly a blackcurrant crumble sort of flavour (though they don't really specify on any of them), it tastes to me like Drumstick lollies. I don't know if you guys get them in the US, but the UK guys will appreciate that verily...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
To those of you that have spinners what voltage do you usually use? I've been doing the ecig thing for over a year now but never with variable voltage. I bought one the other day because the juice site I use had a good deal on them that day.

What are the benefits of having this thing?

I tried an Alice In Vapeland juice once that I really enjoyed. Cupcake heaven maybe? Something like that. To me it tasted like cake batter. It was subtle, but very enjoyable.

I might have found my favourite flavour today; Virgin Vapors Organic Butter Cream Mint. To me it tastes exactly like Murray Mints, a really creamy mint chew available in the UK.

To those of you that have spinners what voltage do you usually use?

It really depends on what you're using. On my Twist for example, my CE3's are always at 3.8v and my Kanger T3's are at 4.2. My iClear 30 works best between 4.2 and 4.6. Generally the higher the voltage the better the flavour and vapour, but the atomizers resistance will dictate how high you can take it before it tastes burnt.

DietRob

It really depends on what you're using. On my Twist for example, my CE3's are always at 3.8v and my Kanger T3's are at 4.2. My iClear 30 works best between 4.2 and 4.6. Generally the higher the voltage the better the flavour and vapour, but the atomizers resistance will dictate how high you can take it before it tastes burnt.

Only thing I ever use is Joye 510 1.5ohm LR atomizers. I'm a dripper for life.

I get them 10 for 46.99 at Vapor Kings.

Only thing I ever use is Joye 510 1.5ohm LR atomizers. I'm a dripper for life.

I get them 10 for 46.99 at Vapor Kings.

I wouldn't put an LR dripper above 3.7-8v. Which kinda defeats the point of having VV. But at least the battery should last a while before needing a recharge. You should consider buying a rebuildable dripper. They taste as good if not better than a disposable one, hold more liquid and are much more cost effective. They'll handle higher voltages too.

Cupcake City. All over it mate.

Nice. Let me know which flavour is your favourite. Did you import them or use Switch2-ecigs.com?

DietRob

I wouldn't put an LR dripper above 3.7-8v. Which kinda defeats the point of having VV. But at least the battery should last a while before needing a recharge. You should consider buying a rebuildable dripper. They taste as good as a disposable one, hold more liquid and are much more cost effective.

Hmm I'll have to research this a bit. Though I've been exclusive to ecigs for over a year now I am not very adventurous in my equipment. Mind starting me off with a link, youtube vid, or something?

Chopper

Nice. Let me know which flavour is your favourite. Did you import them or use Switch2-ecigs.com?
Imported. I wanted to try all of their flavours, and the US site is the only that offers such an option. Reasonably priced too.

Hmm I'll have to research this a bit. Though I've been exclusive to ecigs for over a year now I am not very adventurous in my equipment. Mind starting me off with a link, youtube vid, or something?
Google "IGO-L". Then buy one. I'm exclusively dripping at the moment too, and the thing is just amazing.

Very simple to rebuild. Don't worry about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM2tSa7zjeE

Inaudible, did you ever order your Vamo?

I'm having seller's regret :-( I'm an idiot.

I'm looking at getting a Provari Mini now. Just need to find a good price. Used or New.

Well I have a Phoenix and an IGO-L, two popular entry level rebuildable atomizers. Here's a PBusardo review of the IGO-L. You only need to buy one and then you need a wick and some wire, both very cheap and they last a while. Like ecigs themselves, it sounds more complicated than it is; building your own wick is quick and easy. Edit: Beaten :p

Inaudible, did you ever order your Vamo?

I'm having seller's regret :-( I'm an idiot.

I'm looking at getting a Provari Mini now. Just need to find a good price. Used or New.

I'm holding off until I get bored with the iClear 30 since it's ticking a lot of boxes for me right now.

Chopper

I just got an iClear30 especially to sit on my Vamo for a trip to London on Tuesday. Not gonna be dripping on the Tube.

I'm done with egos. Feels good.

goober

There's a local shop near my house that sells e-cigs.

For $40 (or $50, can't remember) I can get this e-cig in blister packaging made by bluevaper with a CE4 and a 10ml bottle. This type you push the button and inhale through the mouthpiece.

For $60 (or $70, can't remember, I just remember there was a 20 dollar difference between the two) I can get this other type that looks like an actual cigarette by 'Empire.' It comes with like a charger and a carrying package thing and 5 flavors (which are disposable?).

Any info on this? Is it legit or am I better off buying online?
I'm not a frequent smoker, I just like playing with the vapor, so 0mg of nicotine would be the choice for me.

edit: also, has anyone heard of the Ovale brand? they opened up shop too

There's a local shop near my house that sells e-cigs.

For $40 (or $50, can't remember) I can get this e-cig in blister packaging made by bluevaper with a CE4 and a 10ml bottle. This type you push the button and inhale through the mouthpiece.

For $60 (or $70, can't remember, I just remember there was a 20 dollar difference between the two) I can get this other type that looks like an actual cigarette by 'Empire.' It comes with like a charger and a carrying package thing and 5 flavors (which are disposable?).

Any info on this? Is it legit or am I better off buying online?
I'm not a frequent smoker, I just like playing with the vapor, so 0mg of nicotine would be the choice for me.

edit: also, has anyone heard of the Ovale brand? they opened up shop too

I've never heard of the things you've mentioned, except for the CE4 - thats a solid cartomizer.

But for $40-$50 you can get an "Optimal" setup like one listed in the OP.

Just me $.02

Zeth

Imported. I wanted to try all of their flavours, and the US site is the only that offers such an option. Reasonably priced too.

Google "IGO-L". Then buy one. I'm exclusively dripping at the moment too, and the thing is just amazing.

Very simple to rebuild. Don't worry about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM2tSa7zjeE

Heh, came to the thread to ask about the IGO-L. Seems like a good choice. I'll have to check it out. Do I definitely need a multimeter for safety purposes or what?

I used to buy tons of 306/510 atty's for dripping VG juices and I loved it, but for the past few months I've been settling with crappy PG juices just for convenience's sake with Vivi Novas. Now to acquire some Boba's and Malty Toffee for the first time in a long while :)

Also, this pre-wound coil + wick, too good to be true?

goober

How long will 650mAh last compared to let's say 900 or 1000.

I don't smoke often, but I enjoy playing with the vapor rather than experiencing the effects of nicotine.

I went golfing yesterday so I needed something stealth-ier.

eGo C Twist 650mah. Boge cartomizer. Black drip tip. Adapter cone to hide eGo threads.

Flavor is mix of Fruit Punch/Strawberry/Menthol. All from VaporAlley.com
I would like to go for something discrete like this. I just looked up the Boge cartomizer and they're disposable. Are there any others that small that are more permanent?

Sorry for all these questions. I just want to be informed before I make a purchase.

I don't smoke often, but I enjoy playing with the vapor rather than experiencing the effects of nicotine.

I would like to go for something discrete like this. I just looked up the Boge cartomizer and they're disposable. Are there any others that small that are more permanent?

Sorry for all these questions. I just want to be informed before I make a purchase.

They are not one and done disposable. You can refill them plenty of times.

As far as battery. 650 mah lasts me 4-5 days vaping about 1ml a day.

Broseybrose

You can always pick up some original Joye 510 batteries and throw some CE3/Phoenix clearos on them. Theyre cig sized, last 2-4 hours depending.

abstemious

Neo Member

I wouldn't bother with cartomisers at all and would stick with a clearomiser. A cartomisers like that boge you mentioned is a little tube stuffed with wadding and I think you can get an acrid burnt taste off them. A clearomiser on the other hand is a tank with wick in it that sucks the juice up to the coil and in my opinion gives you a much better taste. Most of the popular ones are quite easy to rebuild with some silica wick and kanthal, too. They are a bit bigger than cartos though.

My recommended kit for a beginner would be a Kanger clearomiser with an ego battery of some sort. As you don't sound like an all day smoker you can get away with a smaller battery like the 650mAh. The newest kanger clearomiser is the evod but the MT3/T3 is basically the same deal. You can see it on top of an ego battery on this page:

http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/evod.html

I've used the CE4 too and I found it was more prone to leaking, it gurgled more and it was harder to rebuild. To be honest though the prices of these things are so low compared to smoking that it is more than feasible to try out the various options yourself to see what works for you.

Wallach

They are not one and done disposable. You can refill them plenty of times.

As far as battery. 650 mah lasts me 4-5 days vaping about 1ml a day.

I have no idea how you're accomplishing 4-5 days on one charge. I vape around 1-1.5ml a day on 650 Twists and they last around 24 hours. In fact I've never heard of anybody getting 4-5 days of charge out of any vaporizer battery at all, much less a tiny 650 mAh battery.

abstemious

Neo Member
Another newbie question from me!

I got some Kanger bottom coil atomizers, just to see if I liked them better, since I keep burning the shit out of my wicks on the regular ones. I like them, good flavor, but I've noticed that sometimes when I vape I can get actual fluid come up as well. Is this a normal thing or I am doing it wrong? And if so, how can I fix it? I dislike it :(

Sounds like over wicking so too much juice is getting into the atomiser and it can't all vapourise. Take the bottom coil off and disassemble it. When you get to the wick there will be one piece of silica that the coil is wrapped round but there will probably be a loose piece of wick that sits on top of the coil too. Remove that and less juice will be wicked.

I have no idea how you're accomplishing 4-5 days on one charge. I vape around 1-1.5ml a day on 650 Twists and they last around 24 hours. In fact I've never heard of anybody getting 4-5 days of charge out of any vaporizer battery at all, much less a tiny 650 mAh battery.

Maybe the voltage I'm putting out? 4-4.4? The fact that the battery is brand new?

I dunno.

I Use low resistance cartos. When I put the iClear30 on my 650 it was done in a day. But when I'm using a CE3 or Boge I def get 4-5 days.

abstemious

Neo Member
Do I want Kanthal or Nichrome wire for my IGO-L? Are the pre-wound packages any good?

It doesn't really matter with silica wicks. Kanthal is better on a genesis type (ie stainless steel wick) set up as it deals with shorts better. Nichrome heats up quicker as as far as I am aware it is what they use on commercial cartos/clearos.

Pete Rock

Just vaping my ProVari with a Boge 2.0ohm Carto with my favorite Tennessee Cured (Red Oak line) from Johnson's Creek. I've lost count of how many 30ml bottles I've gotten from them in the last few years.
I've officially been off a pack a day analog habit for a full six months now, and am just coming around to the JC Red Oak lineup. I've always sourced VG based juices but goddamn, there is just nothing to compare in my opinion. I really enjoy their creamy vanilla Vanda flavor, I drip back and forth between that and Tennessee Cured all day. Was about to stock up on a few 30mls after finding my favorites and am not surprised to find this comment, happy vaping!

Got my Cartomator Delrin tank in. Build quality is great. I wanted to use it with 801 Fusion cartos but between the adapter and the shelf on the bottom of the Fusions it creates too much seperation between the battery and the tank.

But so far so good this thing looks and hits great.

Phreaker

I've officially been off a pack a day analog habit for a full six months now, and am just coming around to the JC Red Oak lineup. I've always sourced VG based juices but goddamn, there is just nothing to compare in my opinion. I really enjoy their creamy vanilla Vanda flavor, I drip back and forth between that and Tennessee Cured all day. Was about to stock up on a few 30mls after finding my favorites and am not surprised to find this comment, happy vaping!

Congratulations on making the swtich!!

I re-ordered and saw the new strawberry flavor. (Got the Trio, 2 TCs and 1 of the new one). I did the same with Vanda last time. Vanda is a little thick and hard to get into my cartomizers, but the flavor is nice. The strawberry is nice too for a change, but I'm always back to TC at some point.

highrider

Banned

Jc is by far the best of all that i tried, but it doesn't get much love here. I go with tc and vanda all day and then some solstice for a change. I've had exemplary customer service from jc. Congrats man.

antitrop

Yeah props to you guys, I had a few hits off a friend's Blu the other night and thought "I know those cats at GAF are doing it better than this..." and started doing more research. I like when you post pics of your devices and then just list the parts involved, makes it way easier to know what you're getting.
My father has a Blu. The one I've been using for almost a year is a ProSmoke. Nice tiny convenient little piece, but not what a "hardcore smoker" like me should really be using. It's had a nice little convenient home above my numpad, though. :)

eQwTGuc.jpg

As I said last week, I went ahead and purchased this configuration on the advice of mostly Victory Red and a few others.

rueWYjE.jpg

Once I get it and put it together I will post some pics. :) I'M SO EXCITED!

The 1300 may have been a bit much, but they didn't have 1000 in the colors I wanted.

abstemious

Neo Member
My father has a Blu. The one I've been using for almost a year is a ProSmoke. Nice tiny convenient little piece, but not what a "hardcore smoker" like me should really be using. It's had a nice little convenient home above my numpad, though. :)

eQwTGuc.jpg

As I said last week, I went ahead and purchased this configuration on the advice of mostly Victory Red and a few others.

rueWYjE.jpg

Once I get it and put it together I will post some pics. :) I'M SO EXCITED!

The 1300 may have been a bit much, but they didn't have 1000 in the colors I wanted.

Good first proper set up. It would be worth you looking round for some cheap silica and kanthal/nichrome if you are interested in rebuilding the Kangers yourself, which is easy to do. Hope you ordered some juice too.

Chopper

Got my Cartomator Delrin tank in. Build quality is great. I wanted to use it with 801 Fusion cartos but between the adapter and the shelf on the bottom of the Fusions it creates too much seperation between the battery and the tank.

But so far so good this thing looks and hits great.
Looks mad on an ego.

This bad boy came in today. Very surprised how small it is. Feels 1000x better in the hand than the Vamo.

I ordered the batteries and charger separately. They didn't come yet :-(

I ordered from ProVape Sunday. Got it today.

Tank on top is Cartomator. Sitting over a Boge carto. Ninja style.

Zeth

Got my IGO-L and rebuildable supplies today. Need to look into some YouTube videos before I start with this thing. I got separate wire/wick and pre-wound so I'll give both a try. Any tips welcome. Ah PBusardo video looks helpful. Doesn't seem like rocket science.

commedieu

Banned
UCLA banned e-cigs along with other tabacco products. An E-Cig isn't a tabacco product, and neither are nicotine patches.

Isn't there room for Ecigs to be removed from that list?

UCLA banned e-cigs along with other tabacco products. An E-Cig isn't a tabacco product, and neither are nicotine patches.

Isn't there room for Ecigs to be removed from that list?

Depends on the logic behind the ban. If it's just a health concern connected to 'tobacco' products then there could be some wiggle room if someone were to champion the issue.. but if it were rooted more in the use of such products in a communal environment (libraries, classes, etc..) then I don't see a way to change it.

antitrop

Finally got the order that I placed a few days ago (above on this page).

Beyond happy right now, works perfectly. They gave me a green battery instead of the black that I ordered, but I'm not even mad.

The first drag I took was at 4.8V by accident and I inhaled for ~5 seconds, it almost killed me. I'm finding right at about 3.5 to be the sweet spot.

gzuwuTM.jpg

Green looks dope.

Whats the resistance on those Kangers ?

My sweet spot with a 2.2ohm carto is around 4.2-4.4 volts.

Cartomator sent me a free Boge carto with my order and its resistance is 3.0ohms!!

I'm up at like 5.5volts with that thing.

commedieu

Banned
Depends on the logic behind the ban. If it's just a health concern connected to 'tobacco' products then there could be some wiggle room if someone were to champion the issue.. but if it were rooted more in the use of such products in a communal environment (libraries, classes, etc..) then I don't see a way to change it.

You can't use an ecig outside anywhere on UCLA's property. Such an annoyance. I know its just because people hate smokers, period. Theres nothing harmful about Ecigs to people, and considering that Los Angeles just won the nations most polluted city, it pisses me off even more.

ugh...

Top Bottom