• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Well I went ahead and placed a new order with Good Life Vapor and he's going to make me 8mg juice.

So now I have 40ml of 6mg juice that I don't want.

If anyone is interested, PM me. I only paid $25 for everything (including shipping) so I'm not looking to go that much lower than that to sell it. Two juices are untouched, two are missing less than a ML.

Flavors are

Melon Boba
Frozen Ape
Beach Bonfire
Zombie Brains

Well I went ahead and placed a new order with Good Life Vapor and he's going to make me 8mg juice.

So now I have 40ml of 6mg juice that I don't want.

If anyone is interested, PM me. I only paid $25 for everything (including shipping) so I'm not looking to go that much lower than that to sell it. Two juices are untouched, two are missing less than a ML.

Flavors are

Melon Boba
Frozen Ape
Beach Bonfire
Zombie Brains

What's the PG/VG ratio?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
This has been probably asked a hundred times, but anyone have any experience with those blu e-cigs? I'm really trying to save some money and want to stop smoking as much as I do now. Are these any good or is the slick advertising all snake oil. I haven't done any research, but are the blu e-cigs actually any good? Also, do you actually end up saving money if you switch to e-cigs? Like, how long does a typical cartridge or whatever last? Thanks. I've read the OP, but any advice would be appreciated. I don't really care about ordering anything super fancy, but I don't want to drop a lot of money on a blu e-cig if the product is shoddy.

ive heard good things about V2 disposables and njoy . Theres also greensmoke and a few others. Blu seems to be middle of the pack.

What are some good cones to get to cover up ego threads when using cartomizers?

I've been looking at the shorty

I have the standard eGo cone and it restricts all the air so I don't like it. I tried drilling a little hole in it and scraped a bunch of black of so its screwed.

Wallach

Put in an order for one of these EVOD tanks. Figure I'd give the Kanger another shot since these look so nice on Twists. Do you guys just pull the top wick on the heads before you use them or did they start using less wicks in newer clearos?

Wallach

Hey guys, has any one else had any trouble with Vaping Me customer service?

My brother ordered a Pro tank with a big order, and never got it. After multiple contacting attempts through phone messages and email, he has been completely ignored for over two weeks now. I guess I will not be recommending them anymore, and call them a 'use at your own risk' site :/

Both times I've had to contact them directly (via e-mail) they responded the same day.

Okay, I'm looking to get my first dripping atomizer. I want to see what the fuss is all about and how practical it will be in my life and how much I'll do it.

So I don't want to spend a ton of money.

I'm looking at the IGO-L. Seams pretty straight forward, I like the look, and price is good. But it loses points for loose top cap.

Are there any other suggestions on something thats good quality and around the same price (less than $30?)

Also, what kind of supplies should I get?

The IGO-L review I watched, he used: 2mm wick and 32gauge A1 Kanthau wire. Am I good with getting those two?

Chopper

Okay, I'm looking to get my first dripping atomizer. I want to see what the fuss is all about and how practical it will be in my life and how much I'll do it.

So I don't want to spend a ton of money.

I'm looking at the IGO-L. Seams pretty straight forward, I like the look, and price is good. But it loses points for loose top cap.

Are there any other suggestions on something thats good quality and around the same price (less than $30?)

Also, what kind of supplies should I get?

The IGO-L review I watched, he used: 2mm wick and 32gauge A1 Kanthau wire. Am I good with getting those two?
First of all, I wouldn't worry about the "loose" cap too much. Mine doesn't appear to be nearly as loose as some of those I've seen in reviews, and has never ever been an issue, and I use mine a lot. For the record, I use .2 kanthal and 2.5mm silica wick and it's perfect. I seem to average about 1.4-1.8 Ohms with 4 wraps.

Funny you bring up RDAs today, as I just got my Clockworks through the post this morning. Looking forward to building it and seeing how it compares to my trusty Igo. Will report back...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm so sad that avejuice.com has seemingly disappeared. I need my Boba's and Gorilla juice fix..

It's been way too long.

Chopper

Okay, I just built my Clockworks and gave it a test-run.

I got it in anodised black aluminium, so whilst it looks fine on my Vamo:

ipPxvvQ.jpg

It looks better on my Chameleon:

It was an absolute piece of cake to build. It has holes in the connecting pillars that you feed the wire through, which makes it so much easier than the IGO, I laughed out loud. It's noticeably lighter than the IGO too and the draw is much less airy and more smooth. There is also less chance of spilling juice out of the airhole, as it sits much higher than the IGO, yet still has stupid capacity for lots of juice. The only slight drawback is that the base doesn't have a "well" that you can tuck your wick into. A small price to pay. Double thumbs up from me. Recommended.

Edit: Sorry about my massive images. My S4's camera is a beast, apparently.

Chopper

That looks dope

I like the idea of a skinny tank so I bought this plastic one to check it out. I'm using it with my Boge XL cartos. I like the look so I went and ordered a Skinny Pyrex tank from Phiniac.
The U-DCT I bought a while ago put me off carto tanks completely, at least until I can get myhands on a Kir Fanis number. For the time being I'm gonna try a Kanger Protank, after being unhappy with the iClear 30's action. I've heard good things.

The U-DCT I bought a while ago put me off carto tanks completely, at least until I can get myhands on a Kir Fanis number. For the time being I'm gonna try a Kanger Protank, after being unhappy with the iClear 30's action. I've heard good things.

Whaaaa??

I love the iClear 30. I just dont love the stupid ass mouthpiece. But it performs great

The only problem I've had with the iClear 30 is that the taste gets progressively worse as the juice level drops, a problem I've had with every top coil clearo. That aside, it's probably the best cheap clearo tank I've had on my twist for flavour and vapour. It hasn't leaked or gurgled once.

I'm interested in trying out a Kanger Protank though. A couple of my juices are prone to cracking plastic tanks.

Chopper

Whaaaa??

I love the iClear 30. I just dont love the stupid ass mouthpiece. But it performs great
I hate the mouthpiece, I hate the tight draw, I hate that it goes through stupid amounts of juice, but most of all I hate that it makes juice taste fucking weird.

Also, it's ugly as fuck.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm so sad that avejuice.com has seemingly disappeared. I need my Boba's and Gorilla juice fix..

It's been way too long.

I haven't a clue what's going on over there, but porphy should seriously consider just selling the recipes to someone who likes making money.

Yo, anyone looking to try out a new juice vendor needs to check out Good Life Vapor. Great prices and ridiculous taste and vapor. I been sucking on Zombie Brains all day. Soo good.

Wallach

Yo, anyone looking to try out a new juice vendor needs to check out Good Life Vapor. Great prices and ridiculous taste and vapor. I been sucking on Zombie Brains all day. Soo good.

Yeah, I've basically had to force myself to order from other places just to try new stuff or I'd do nothing but vape Melon Boba. Waiting on some stuff from Halo right now (which I think gets in Monday) but I'll probably go back for a 60ml of the stuff by the end of the week.

I'm not keen on his tobacco-esque flavors like Hooligan or English Bulldog, though. They're not bad but they really don't taste anything like tobacco to me. His brighter/sweeter flavors are much more interesting.

Cinnamon, aniseed and some citrus flavours are ones to be wary of. But generally a decent vendor will warn you, and if you're unsure looks it up on Google, chances are someone will have brought it up on a forum.

Wallach

Got this set up as a gift today. Liking it so far. Question: I have a bit of a metal allergy, is there a plasticy tip I can swap for the metal one?

Unfortunately on the Protank the mouthpiece is part of the whole unit. Maybe you could wrap it somehow?

Wallach

Hmm, maybe. Is there another tank that works well with that battery and doesn't crack?

Since that's a Vamo you can stick pretty much anything on top of there. What you want to look for is anything that isn't using polycarbonate plastic for their tank material; Pyrex, glass (fused quartz) or any other kind of plastic should be fine. You might have to look into carto tanks instead of a clearomizer-style tank to get something with a swappable drip tip.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
You all and your fancy smanchy battery mods. Quit making me want to spend more money plz. ;)

I didn't think I'd love the Provari this much. I had the Vamo, it felt so heavy and big to me and I could never see myself using it so I sold it. Two weeks later I got itchy and sprung for the Provari Mini. This thing is so sexy and so SMALL. The picture doesn't do it justice, this mod is tiny. Not as big or heavy as the Vamo in 18350 mode. And holding this thing in your hands compared to the Vamo is night and day. One looks like it was made by a high school kid in metal shop and one made by Gods.

Yes, the menu sucks and there's no variable wattage or eGo cone threading. And its definitely not worth $200.

But I love this thing, I use it every day and take it everywhere, except if I'm going golfing or out for a banger at a club.

Oh, and I wish I would have gotten the Metallic Bronze one :/

ProVariMiniMBronze-2.jpg

I really find myself jonesing for a mod but I'm hesitant due to the battery situation. Protected vs. Unprotected, chemical differences that could possibly render protected/unprotected as negligible, charging safety bags... there's just a lot going on with that whole situation and it's hard to tell what's necessary, what's optional for safety, and what's snake oil.

What I find myself drawn to specifically are VV/VW Mods (Provar, Zmax, Vamo, etc..). I'm really only looking into buying one, specifically for home use. The issue is I occasionally drop/knock over my pieces and the Twist has not proven to hold up. The top section has come apart multiple times an the button has mis-aligned way too often for my tastes. So I want one solid VV/VW mod for home use so I dont' have to worry about that crap but like I said.. the battery situation concerns me. I especially have concerns about the risk of over-charges since I have two young kids who can easily take my focus from something so mundane for hours at a time.

Can anyone give me some advice on this?

I really find myself jonesing for a mod but I'm hesitant due to the battery situation. Protected vs. Unprotected, chemical differences that could possibly render protected/unprotected as negligible, charging safety bags... there's just a lot going on with that whole situation and it's hard to tell what's necessary, what's optional for safety, and what's snake oil.

What I find myself drawn to specifically are VV/VW Mods (Provar, Zmax, Vamo, etc..). I'm really only looking into buying one, specifically for home use. The issue is I occasionally drop/knock over my pieces and the Twist has not proven to hold up. The top section has come apart multiple times an the button has mis-aligned way too often for my tastes. So I want one solid VV/VW mod for home use so I dont' have to worry about that crap but like I said.. the battery situation concerns me. I especially have concerns about the risk of over-charges since I have two young kids who can easily take my focus from something so mundane for hours at a time.

Can anyone give me some advice on this?

I find the VAMO to be a very good mod to start with. I only use that at home and now it's a backup even there -- it's bulky for my small hands. I've not had any issues with it, though. I use it as a multimeter of sorts to check my rebuildable coils' ohms. Or you could try something like the Smoktek VV Gripper.

I wouldn't worry about the battery issue much; basically find a "good" brand battery (AW, Panasonic, heck I use a Efest in two of my mods). There are even chargers that cut off once the battery reaches its charging capacity.

Another option is to buy a mechanical mod, but add a "evolv kick" to it. That gives you the durability of a mechanical as there are no electrical components and the kick added gives you the ability to change voltage/wattage. The kick also keeps your voltage the same throughout the battery's charge. The kick alone is 45 dollars I think, but a clone is coming soon that will be 15 dollars.

If you just get a mechanical due to the durability, but are ok with no variable voltage, just get a low res atomizer (1.5 ohms - 2.0 ohms) and you'll still get a strong vape. You'll know when the battery is losing charge, the vape will not be strong.

Jack_AG

Banned
Been a while since I posted here but wanted to give an update. I quit vaping not too long ago. After I quit cigs I slowly dropped my nic level down to an eventual 0 while vaping and voila. I found myself reaching for it less and less and eventually just stopped reaching for it.

I just don't feel the urge to vale or smoke. Here's hoping I can stay off manuals - at least I have a kit if I feel the occasional urge.

Thanks to everyone here for helping get started in November last year!

caramac

Been a while since I posted here but wanted to give an update. I quit vaping not too long ago. After I quit cigs I slowly dropped my nic level down to an eventual 0 while vaping and voila. I found myself reaching for it less and less and eventually just stopped reaching for it.

I just don't feel the urge to vale or smoke. Here's hoping I can stay off manuals - at least I have a kit if I feel the occasional urge.

Thanks to everyone here for helping get started in November last year!

Congrats and well done .....

I only quit analogs ten weeks ago and I'm enjoying vaping. I do intend to lower the nicotine content at some point and hopefully quit vaping altogether at some point.

I find the VAMO to be a very good mod to start with. I only use that at home and now it's a backup even there -- it's bulky for my small hands. I've not had any issues with it, though. I use it as a multimeter of sorts to check my rebuildable coils' ohms. Or you could try something like the Smoktek VV Gripper.

I wouldn't worry about the battery issue much; basically find a "good" brand battery (AW, Panasonic, heck I use a Efest in two of my mods). There are even chargers that cut off once the battery reaches its charging capacity.

Another option is to buy a mechanical mod, but add a "evolv kick" to it. That gives you the durability of a mechanical as there are no electrical components and the kick added gives you the ability to change voltage/wattage. The kick also keeps your voltage the same throughout the battery's charge. The kick alone is 45 dollars I think, but a clone is coming soon that will be 15 dollars.

If you just get a mechanical due to the durability, but are ok with no variable voltage, just get a low res atomizer (1.5 ohms - 2.0 ohms) and you'll still get a strong vape. You'll know when the battery is losing charge, the vape will not be strong.

Thanks for this info. It's shed a lot of light on the subject for me. My only concern with a mechanical mod is that they all seem to put out a steady 3.7 and from my experience with my Twist, I don't seem to get a good vape at that setting. 3.2 to 3.4 seems to be the sweet spot for my clearo's and juice. Anything higher generates a lot of heat (I have a tendency to chain vape) and burns out the attys pretty quickly. I'm also not really sure I want to bother with a kick. The convenience of a VV/VW Mod just seems more appealing to me but I'll do some more research. Thanks again.

Wallach

Thanks for this info. It's shed a lot of light on the subject for me. My only concern with a mechanical mod is that they all seem to put out a steady 3.7 and from my experience with my Twist, I don't seem to get a good vape at that setting. 3.2 to 3.4 seems to be the sweet spot for my clearo's and juice. Anything higher generates a lot of heat (I have a tendency to chain vape) and burns out the attys pretty quickly. I'm also not really sure I want to bother with a kick. The convenience of a VV/VW Mod just seems more appealing to me but I'll do some more research. Thanks again.

Personally I don't think the Kick is nearly as appealing in this era of VV/VW mods that have more features than an unregulated mechanical device. Unless you already have a mechanical mod that you favor and want a Kick to try and improve its vape experience, I don't think the Kick is worth looking into anymore.

I've been considering buying a larger battery mod lately but it seems hard to justify when my Twists generally last me a day per charge. Were I to pick up one of the larger rebuildables though I'd probably buy either a VAMO or a ProVari (maybe a Mini); the 18650 size mods seem annoyingly large.

Personally I don't think the Kick is nearly as appealing in this era of VV/VW mods that have more features than an unregulated mechanical device. Unless you already have a mechanical mod that you favor and want a Kick to try and improve its vape experience, I don't think the Kick is worth looking into anymore.

I've been considering buying a larger battery mod lately but it seems hard to justify when my Twists generally last me a day per charge. Were I to pick up one of the larger rebuildables though I'd probably buy either a VAMO or a ProVari (maybe a Mini); the 18650 size mods seem annoyingly large.

Both the Vamo and the ProVari seem to be popular and I like the look of them but they're also pretty expensive. I did find a Zmax Mini that takes 18350's that's not too expensive so I'm wrestling with that. It also has the "ego style" connector so it gives options for tanks and clearos that are designed to use those outer threads as well.

Wallach

Both the Vamo and the ProVari seem to be popular and I like the look of them but they're also pretty expensive. I did find a Zmax Mini that takes 18350's that's not too expensive so I'm wrestling with that. It also has the "ego style" connector so it gives options for tanks and clearos that are designed to use those outer threads as well.

The Provari is expensive, but the VAMO is one of the cheapest VV/VW mods out there. Seen lots of sales where they are just over $40 including shipping. I do think the telescoping Sigelei V3 looks like a really neat mod too and one I'd probably add to the budget-hands when looking to buy.

Top Bottom