• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Norml

saw this on reddit.

JxL7P8U.jpg

Wallach

Fuck, I think my eVod is cracked. It's not leaking but I can see a couple hairline cracks near the base, just noticed when I went to fill it again. I don't know which juice did the damage (I suspect the orange cream) but now I don't know if it's really safe to use.

Kanger have redesigned the Kanger T3 for better performance and no leaking/gurgling. Fortunately they have only redesigned the head, so you can still use any T3 tanks you have. It's called the T3S and it should be available in a week or two.

Wallach

So after reading the Reddit post made by some random chemist, I decided to try and heat steep my Moo Juice to see if this process works like he claims. Used this one first because fresh from the mailbox this stuff was straight up foul.

I found a "Little Dipper" mini crock pot at my local Goodwill for the tidy sum of three bucks and filled it up with water. Conveniently, the temperature seems to top out at just over 160 F, which is what he used in his own experiment. I tossed my bottle in there so that the water came up to near the bottle threading, and let it rock for about 7 hours; his findings were that 8 hours at this temperature produced results essentially identical to 2 weeks of room temperature steeping, and the bottle's been sitting for 3 days or so already so I figured 7 would be fine.

Right now I have my eVod (which still seems to be working fine at the moment luckily) loaded up with a tank of the stuff and it's a completely new juice. What tasted like a buttery fart with a dose of alcohol yesterday now tastes like a pleasant, mellowed strawberry Quik from when I was a kid. The old tins that had pink powder you mixed with milk, y'know? Totally impressed with the result. The vapor still has a bit of an odd scent to it, as if it were strawberry scented cardboard or something.

I'll be steeping everything I get out of MBV - or anything I get that has a very recent mix date by the time it gets here - this way from now on.

Got the Kanger Pro Tank this morning. Looks smart on an Ego I think.

O23pwK7.jpg

Feels good to not have to worry about cracks, dripping aside. I finally got to try Mido's Scorpion Blood in it, a juice that's getting popular in the UK and is apparently similar to Pluid in the US. I love it; first juice I've had in a while that just smacks you in the face with flavour. Sweet, fruity aniseed isn't a flavour I thought I'd love but apparently I do.

caramac

Got the Kanger Pro Tank this morning. Looks smart on an Ego I think.

http://i.imgur.com/O23pwK7.jpg[IMG]

Feels good to not have to worry about cracks, dripping aside. I finally got to try Mido's Scorpion Blood in it, a juice that's getting popular in the UK and is apparently similar to Pluid in the US. I love it; first juice I've had in a while that just smacks you in the face with flavour. Sweet, fruity aniseed isn't a flavour I thought I'd love but apparently I do.[/QUOTE]

I'm liking my Kanger Pro, something just feels good about the glass as opposed to plastic.

I was cleaning my pyrex Phiniac tank the other day and I was shaking it dry and it flew out of my hand and bounced all over the kitchen and the floor. Not a scratch on it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, my grandmother has lung cancer. :(

She's going to get patches and I was wondering if you could and if it would be a good idea to only put water in an e-cig for 0 additives and carcinogens give her the same therapeutic feeling of inhaling while getting nicotine for a different source?

So, my grandmother has lung cancer. :(

She's going to get patches and I was wondering if you could and if it would be a good idea to only put water in an e-cig for 0 additives and carcinogens give her the same therapeutic feeling of inhaling while getting nicotine for a different source?

They make 0 nicotine juice.

Sorry to hear about your grams

TheExodu5

Banned
I just tried a friend's vape today...one of the best vapes I've ever had. Stinky Canuck's Iceberry Tots. Wow. Fruity, nice candied sweetness to it, but not overpowered or floral at all. Just put down an order for this stuff.

He was using some form of mini eGo...looks it up and was very surprised:
http://www.stinkycanuck.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=224

1100mah in such a small battery? Seems like a mistake...unless they mean 1100mah for both combined. In any case, his setup worked great.

I just tried a friend's vape today...one of the best vapes I've ever had. Stinky Canuck's Iceberry Tots. Wow. Fruity, nice candied sweetness to it, but not overpowered or floral at all. Just put down an order for this stuff.

He was using some form of mini eGo...looks it up and was very surprised:
http://www.stinkycanuck.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=224

1100mah in such a small battery? Seems like a mistake...unless they mean 1100mah for both combined. In any case, his setup worked great.

Small compared to what?

1100mah eGo is pretty big.

Wallach

Its the angle that its taken at. Its definitely longer than the cartomizer

He held it in his hand, he is showing you a picture for your benefit. Those are one of the most common eGo size batteries and I've never seen one claim 1,100 mAh, it's too small for that.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah common sense is telling me it must be 1100mAh for both batteries, so 550mAh a piece. I wouldn't mind getting one for a portable setup...it was pretty discreet and sleek looking with a nice flush carto.

Anyways, I just tossed my last Phoenix clearo...I think I'm done with them. Far too inconsistent. Some of them don't saturate properly, so you need to constant press near the wicks to load the wick with juice. Others flood way too easily, and the only way to unflood it is to blow into it and have the extra juice leak out...I've wasted tons of juice doing it.

I went back to my Nova and the burnt/bad taste it used to have is gone now. It's been sitting with liquid in it for a while...maybe it needs to steep or just needs to be used a bit for the taste to be normal. It's also the first time I use it with my twist battery...4.0V seems to work great. Vapor production is out of this world...leagues better than the Phoenix even. The only downside with the Nova is needing to tip it every now and then to make sure the wick stays saturated, but it's not a big deal. Next time I get a new one I'll figure out what the deal is with the burnt taste...as it stands my current Nova is completely fine, but I did experience a burnt taste that wouldn't go away in the past so I'm not exactly sure what the deal is.

Just picked up an Innokin MVP box mod via a sick deal on the ecig forum classifieds.

I'm pumped to check it out. Sucks no VW or ohm reader but for $40 I'll check it out and if I love it i'll get the next version they come out with that has those features.

Nice! tasteyourjuice.com just updated their Brick & Mortar page and theres a place here in New Jersey. Vapors in Brick, NJ.

Definitely going there. Its about 40 minutes from me.

Just picked up an Innokin MVP box mod via a sick deal on the ecig forum classifieds.

I'm pumped to check it out. Sucks no VW or ohm reader but for $40 I'll check it out and if I love it i'll get the next version they come out with that has those features.

You've got mod fever, ha ... I'm just coming down from mine, but with that $99 Ihybrid Pure on the market ....*coughs* I feel it coming back.

Anyways, love the box mods and the MVP is a great device for the $40 you got it for.

TheExodu5

Banned
Got my juice from StinkyCanuck. Holy mother of god. If you're a fan of non-tobacco vapes, you need to try these. By far the best e-liquids I've tried (3 so far: Iceberry Tots, Crantastic, and VewDew). Definitely try em out.

Crantastic is my favorite so far, I think.

Mango Tango is my least favorite thus far. The flavor is pretty good but a tad too floral for my taste. It has a heavier throat hit than the rest, and as I like a very mild throat hit it's a lot less suitable for an all day vape for me. The smell is pretty great though.

edit: mango tango is growing on me...hmmmm. Maybe my atty wasn't quite clean from the previous flavor. It's really nice now.

VewDew is really interesting, and very unique as far as juices go. It tastes like pink graprefruit to me, but with a definite soda flavor as well. It feels like I'm vaping a carbonated beverage, which is awesome. Very interesting.

TheExodu5

Banned
Juggling a few clearos/tanks at the moment. I've got the Phoenix, Vivi Nova, CE4 Tank, and Vision Nano. I like them all except for the Phoenix.

Both the Phoenix and Vision Nano provide a warm, flavorful vape, but the Phoenix has some major wicking issues (some saturate too easily and flood, while others fail to wick). The Vision Nano works pretty much the same, though as it has a screw on tip it has the advantage of being able to be filled without a needle, but with the disadvantage of not being able to swap tips. Another disadvantage is that since the carto holes are a bit off the bottom, you can't completely exhaust the juice before putting in another. The great thing about it is that it doesn't leak whatsoever. Great little device.

The CE4 works surprisingly well considering it's a pretty basic tank. It has long wicks like the Nova, but the design makes it run flush to a regular eGo battery, which is nice. I haven't experienced any real downsides to it yet...flavor and vapor production are great, and the vapor is slightly warm. No leaking or wicking issues yet, but I have my doubts, so we'll see how it holds up in the long run. For some reason, the stainless tip I use with my Nova doesn't seem to fit it though, so I've only tried using the tip that comes with it. I have a feeling it might leak with certain tips, as the center post doesn't seem to be very well centered in the device. The vape does tend to get a bit bubbly at times...I guess maybe it's actually overwicking a tad.

The Nova is great as well. Coolest vapor of the bunch, and very easy to load. Vapor production isn't quite as good as the Vision Nano and CE4. I have experienced a burnt taste with it in the past but I am unable to replicate it anymore...it just works really well. The only downside with it is that I know it stops wicking well once you get below about 1/3 of the tank, and you need to regularly swirl the juices around to saturate the head. It does feel like the best built of the bunch, and I really like how it vapes. It's quiet, and feels like a very high quality vape.

Got my order from RoarVapor yesterday. All 5 flavors taste the same to me. I got Blizzard level menthol on all of them so I guess its the mentol I'm tasting.

Strapple, Hawaii Sunrise, and Green Peach Tea all have a hint of their respective flavors but mostly stale menthol.

Antidote has no taste whatsoever. I may have gotten a bad bottle.

Truth Serum is pretty good. Best of the bunch.

I guess I'll let them sit for a week. But so far I'm very very disappointed.

Vapor output is great. Throat hit is meh at 6mg. In the order notes I asked for 8mg but I guess that didn't happen.

Oh well. I won't be trying more from them.

daw840

Wow. I'm almost exclusive to roar vapor and j love them. I will say I like cool better than blizzard. The flavor of the juice is stronger that way.

Not sure what the point of lol way too much menthol is.

Wow. I'm almost exclusive to roar vapor and j love them. I will say I like cool better than blizzard. The flavor of the juice is stronger that way.

Not sure what the point of lol way too much menthol is.

Yeah I'm regretting the blizzard menthol at this point.

Kintaco

I've been wanting to get my mom to start using an e-cigarettes, but the fancy one you guys are posting would probably intimidate the hell out of her. Are there any good ones that resemble regular cigarettes? I've seen some, but I don't know if they are any good. Any recommendations would be awesome!

I've been wanting to get my mom to start using an e-cigarettes, but the fancy one you guys are posting would probably intimidate the hell out of her. Are there any good ones that resemble regular cigarettes? I've seen some, but I don't know if they are any good. Any recommendations would be awesome!

A "510" battery and a pack of "Boge Cartomizers" will replicate the size of a cigarette and put out a pretty good vape.

This is a 510 battery with a CE3 clearomizer (the clear part.)

Boge cartos are significantly shorter. Same thickness.

Broseybrose

I know your instinct is to go with a cig sized battery but they just dont last long enough between recharges - for a real smoker trying to make the switch - to the point where it becomes annoying.

Your mom doesnt need anything more than a standard ego starter kit; its up to you if you want to spring extra for variable voltage ego batteries. Starter kits should come with 2 batteries, 2 clearomizers, and charging equipment. Here's a great deal on a KGO kit. (I actually like the KGO buttons better than the EGO, but theyre basically the same).

Whatever starter kit you get, i suggest you also get a 5 pack of phoenix/ce3 clearomizers. These IMO are the best clearos on the market when it comes to convenience/performance (filling is a pain though). Make sure you heed the filling instructions. Whatever battery you use with these little guys, they hit like a cigarette.

And dont forget to buy her some juice. Start at 24mg or 18mg depending on her smoking habits.

HOWEVER - If she is a truly light smoker and you think she can get away with a cig sized battery, the joye 510 is the best on the market IMO. Phoenix/ce3 clearos hit like cigs on even these batteries, so your call. But be warned - they run out fast and i do recommend starting with an EGO/KGO.

Edit - the above pic is exactly what i was talking about at the end. A ce3 on a 510 battery. It will work well, but the battery dies annoyingly fast with regular use.

Got my MVP mod today.

This thing is cool. Again, it was definitely not the size that I was expecting it to be. You really can't tell anything when looking at pictures and watching reviews of products. I thought it would be shorter and fatter, but instead its a little taller and skinnier.

The draw on it is different. I have to crank the voltage up .2 more than I do on my Provari but the draw feels smoother. Is that even possible?

The Kanger T3 sits down too snug on it and I'm not getting any air into it. I have to loosen it a hair.

And the CE4 doesn't even catch when I screw it all the way down. I have to use an ego to 510 adapter then screw it on just using the 510.

But it looks and feels so dope.

So the two Ikenvape 510 Mega Punch Cartomizers that I have in tanks right now will not fire on my MVP. But fresh ones from the box will fire.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like that?

nickcv

hi guys,

just yesterday i bought an e-cigarette and I've got to say that i'm having some troubles enjoying it: pretty much every single time I inhale the vapor i start coughing a lot.

While probably I do not understand yet how to properly smoke the electronic cigarette I tried the one my friend has and with that one I have no problems.

The vapor coming from her e-cigarette is cold while the one coming from mine is hot and she told me that's because her cigarette uses a different method to vaporize the liquid.

I thought about buying one like the one she has but the problem is that her e-cig is an italian brand and I'm moving to the UK and they do not sell that specific brand over there and I don't know what should I look for online.

nickcv

It's possible the one you are smoking has too much nicotine. That's what irritates the throat.

no the amount of nicotine is the same. The store that sold me mine also asked me if i wanted a "cold" or an "hot" e-cigarette, and i could find some reference to this terms on some italian forum it seems like they are some kind of buzz words they use here in Italy instead of whatever is the real technical terms.

edit:

just to be clear i own a ego-w and she has an "ovale"
grNFNC3.jpg

looking around other italian forums it seems like the ego-c is also a "cold" e-cigarette

just to be clear i own a ego-w and she has an "ovale"

An Ego is just a battery What you screw on the end will dictate how the juice is burnt and how cool it is. If, like most Ego's, the Ego-W has a 510 connection which is pretty much the standard connection of e-cigs then most atomizers/cartomizers will connect to it and different ones will produce a cooler vape. I'm assuming it comes with some kind of Ego cartridge which drips juice directly onto the atomizer head (rather than wicking it from a tank or cotton) which is why it's producing hot vapour.

nickcv

An Ego is just a battery What you screw on the end will dictate how the juice is burnt and how cool it is. If, like most Ego's, the Ego-W has a 510 connection which is pretty much the standard connection of e-cigs then most atomizers/cartomizers will connect to it and different ones will produce a cooler vape. I'm assuming it comes with some kind of Ego cartridge which drips juice directly onto the atomizer head (rather than wicking it from a tank or cotton) which is why it's producing hot vapour.

actually the ego-w is an actual e-sigarette:
http://ecigone.com/featured/the-types-of-ego-e-cigarettes/

and you were right about the hot vape:
The eGo-W isn’t a Joyetech design. Rather, it is a third-party attempt to take the eGo e-cigarette form factor and expand its capabilities. Instead of the tank system currently used in most eGo models, the eGo-W uses small CE2-style cartomizers with top-mounted heating coils.

also i found out that "ovale" is actually joyetech.
In italy ovale got the exclusivity of joyetech products which are rebranded as "ovale" (which are of course sold with a 40€ mark up)

Broseybrose

So I'm looking for 2 new batteries for my EGO set up and I want to go VV obviously. Are these two the same thing just with a different name? They look the same to me......

http://www.hoosierecig.com/KGO-VV-batteries-30--60-volts_p_250.html

or

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1232

Also, any other suggestions for VV ego stuff is always appreciated. :)

Yeah they look the same to me as well. Im about to try a 1200mah from Hoosier myself.

Right, but an e-cig is made up of several parts. The lower half, which is essentially the Ego unit (you can buy them separately) is just a battery. The thing you screw on the end uses the power of the battery to vaporize juice. Combined, you have an e-cig comprised of at least two components. The battery part doesn't effect the temperature of the vape (well, the voltage does to some degree but the atomizer/clearomizer is more of a factor), so you can get a cooler vape using the battery you own by buying a cooler clearomizer to screw onto the battery. Assuming it has a 510 connection on the end, you can connect any of the highly recommended clearomizers that people use in this thread, some of which will provide a cooler vape and most of which will provide a better vape than the one that came with your kit.

Joe

do you guys mind if i be that guy?

i only smoke when im out at the bar, socially. i smoke about 3 packs a month. its not a lot but i want to get off of combustion smoking all together.

i'm looking for something small to fit in a pocket, and sleek. i essentially want to seamlessly replace an analog cigarette with an electronic one while out drinking.

all the starter kits i see are really not sleek or pocket friendly really.

should i just go with the disposable $10 e-cigs at gas stations? im not looking to use it to smoke leisurely around the house, it's really just so i dont smell like smoke when i go out while continuing the act of smoking.

daw840

Check out the 510s. Just make sure to take an extra battery with you. A 510 battery and a Phoenix clearomizer would be the best setup for you I think

do you guys mind if i be that guy?

i only smoke when im out at the bar, socially. i smoke about 3 packs a month. its not a lot but i want to get off of combustion smoking all together.

i'm looking for something small to fit in a pocket, and sleek. i essentially want to seamlessly replace an analog cigarette with an electronic one while out drinking.

all the starter kits i see are really not sleek or pocket friendly really.

should i just go with the disposable $10 e-cigs at gas stations? im not looking to use it to smoke leisurely around the house, it's really just so i dont smell like smoke when i go out while continuing the act of smoking.

If you absolutely must have something small and sleek, then honestly I'd suggest the Blu Non-disposable. The batteries don't last that long but if you get the regular starter pack, it's the same form factor as a hard pack of cigs and the pack itself can serve as a portable charger for the batteries.

It's more expensive than the larger, more custom battery + carto/clearo combinations and the flavors aren't as good but it fits what you're asking for.

Ohwiseone

I hope me bumping this won't cause too much of an issue.

I have been heavily thinking about buying a starter kid and using a non-tabacco flavor.

However, I have never smoked before, mainly because I never wanted to smell to follow me, however people I know have started using these, and they seem to be tons better than regular cigarettes

I understand that I will probably cough the frist few times I use them, but is there a type I should buy or flavor you guys recommended for a first timer. I have done research, but from the experience with you guys in the thread, this seemed like the better idea.

(OKCvapes is actually in my city, so I was planning on going there to just buy what I need)

I appreciate any help you guys can give.

Broseybrose

Just read through this page alone and youll get an idea of what we'd tell you to buy. However there is no universally recommended juice. Everyone would suggest a different juice.

So I got a couple orders in today.

Tried out Mt. Baker Vapor. Put in the order on Friday and it got here today. Got the Kiwi Strawberry at 6mg with 1 extra flavor shot. It's good. It's a little on the sweet side, which I don't mind but for others they may want to forgo the extra shot as it's really potent flavor. Even for being 6mg it seems a bit stronger than that so for those who roll with a higher nic you may want to try a shade lower than normal your first time and see if that hits the spot. Vapor production is great at 50/50. Just an all around great juice. I'll be ordering from them again and trying a few more varied flavors since I went with a safe bet this time.

I also got the Pheonix Raven 3.5ml tank from Got Vapes today. Quality of construction is pretty good but not great. It's all plastic except for the carto inner. Even the drip tip is plastic (annoying) but it can take any 510 drip tip. Filling is a little easier than some basic tanks but still more annoying than a Kanger or BCC Vapeonly. Still requires a needletip since it's form fit for the carto. It's actually a little more time consuming than the regular Pheonix clearos just because with experience filling upside down becomes quick and easy witht he clearos while pulling the carto down and inserting the needle into the space in the top takes more time to do correctly without flooding the carto on accident. Also, do to the nature of filling the tank by pulling the carto down, you can't really fill to capacity so you're not going to get all 3.5ml used. Vapor and flavor are great. About on par with the Pheonix Clearos. Takes a bit of priming to get rolling but once it's going it's great. Only gone through one tank full so far but haven't had a single dry hit.

Overall I'd say it's a good little tank. If you like the Pheonix Clearos but want something that will hold a little more juice then a Pheonix Raven is a great choice. But it's not the best quality tank nor is it the easiest to fill.

Top Bottom