• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Awesome, thanks! I bought their sampler pack which comes with 5 of their best selling flavors and I'll see how that turns out. Do you know how they are with shipping times?

He takes about a week to process the order, then you'll have it in 3-5 days.

daw840

Recently?

I've placed two orders in the past 2 months and both took at least a week to process.

Yeah. I ordered a big batch (90 Mils) on Sunday, June 30, and received the order on Friday, July 5.

I feel like it would have come on Thursday if it weren't a holiday!

Joe

so my setup is a basic ego twist 650mah, and kanger t3 tanks and i like it a lot although i get occasional leaks.

what kind of setup would be considered a step or two up? and what benefits does one get from a nicer setup?

daw840

so my setup is a basic ego twist 650mah, and kanger t3 tanks and i like it a lot although i get occasional leaks.

what kind of setup would be considered a step or two up? and what benefits does one get from a nicer setup?

I just got a Kanger Pro Tank, I'm liking it a lot!

You could step up to a mod, though I don't really know what you're looking for. They're definitely not portable.

Joe

i would definitely be interested in a nice home vape, i could use my twist for the road.

rebuildable tanks are intimidating to me, is it all that hard? im not even sure what rebuildable entirely means lol

Wallach

So my NLV Gold came in today. This is the one I got at 24mg because I'm not getting good throat hit at 18mg and I think it's causing me to vape more to try and chase it.

I've literally taken two pulls of this stuff and I'm blown away. The throat hit is nuts; this is the kind of throat hit I've been looking for, reminiscent of a Marlboro red. But more than that the flavor of this stuff is just what I've been itching for lately, very rich and dark. It's almost like... waffles with butter and syrup. If you looked at the bottle and smelled it, if not for the label you might mistake it for maple syrup.

Never had a juice since Melon Boba taste so clean right out of the mailbox. I think this might actually top that one. Highly recommended.

TheExodu5

Banned
For some reason my Vivi Novas refuse to work with my iTaste SVD...just won't fire at all. I can sometimes get them to fire if I unscrew them a bit, but it's pretty unreliable. Not a huge deal since I'm exclusively moved to the iClear 30...but still a bit worrying.

i would definitely be interested in a nice home vape, i could use my twist for the road.

rebuildable tanks are intimidating to me, is it all that hard? im not even sure what rebuildable entirely means lol

A step up from a 650mah ego would be a mod. Benefits will be longer battery life, featurs like Variable Wattage, where you can just set the wattage and let the computer on board do the rest as you switch whatever you want to plug into it. They also have battery gauges, and most importantly ohm readers if you get into Rebuildables.

Rebuildables are not that hard, but when you consider the alternative is just filling up something with a ton of juice and screwing it on, then you can see where the hassle comes into play.

In the bottom of your Kanger T3 there is a little wick and wire wrapped around it to burn it. With rebuildables, you are taking your own wick, wrapping your own wire around it, and dripping your juice right on top of the coil setup. So you are getting a direct, fresh, hit every time.

But with that, it turns down portability all the way, the RBAs don't hold much juice at all, and you will get inconsistant hits as you build different setups. Its a pain in the ass and I don't think its worth it.

But if you do decide, start with the IGO-L. Its very cheap and one of the top performers, regardless of price. Get some A1 Kanthol wire around 30gauge, and some 2mm or 3mm Silica wick.

TheExodu5

Banned
I personally don't care for genesis atties at all...so much hassle and getting them to wick properly is a pain. You need the right mesh and right juice consistency. I tried it but I feel it totally wasn't worth the hassle. edit: oh, you're not talking about a genesis...never really seen the setup you're talking about. It certainly looks like a genesis.

In any case, I'd totally recommend a mod with some iClear 30 clearomizers. Hassle free, and great vape/flavor.

And as far as rebuilding goes...do your coils get really dirty/gunky over time? I've filled my tanks many times and my coils still look clean. I vape some really big drags at 10 watts as well. I'm puzzled at a lot of the recommendations to clean every few refills.

I personally don't care for genesis atties at all...so much hassle and getting them to wick properly is a pain. You need the right mesh and right juice consistency. I tried it but I feel it totally wasn't worth the hassle. edit: oh, you're not talking about a genesis...never really seen the setup you're talking about. It certainly looks like a genesis.

In any case, I'd totally recommend a mod with some iClear 30 clearomizers. Hassle free, and great vape/flavor.

And as far as rebuilding goes...do your coils get really dirty/gunky over time? I've filled my tanks many times and my coils still look clean. I vape some really big drags at 10 watts as well. I'm puzzled at a lot of the recommendations to clean every few refills.

I've never kept a build long enough to have to clean it out or anything. I always change them pretty often because I feel like they don't hit consistantly for a long period.

abstemious

Neo Member
But with that, it turns down portability all the way, the RBAs don't hold much juice at all, and you will get inconsistant hits as you build different setups. Its a pain in the ass and I don't think its worth it.

But if you do decide, start with the IGO-L. Its very cheap and one of the top performers, regardless of price. Get some A1 Kanthol wire around 30gauge, and some 2mm or 3mm Silica wick.

It depends on what style of rebuildable you go for though. A Kayfun 3.1 will hold up to 15ml of juice with its extension chimney on, which is ludicrous. Most of mine hold between 2 and 4.5ml depending on the style of them.

I think your post is more about drippers. I actually find them to be quite a portable setup as long as you don't mind carrying around a juice bottle or if you get an Innokin Ucan. When you want a vape you can just drop on a few drops, vape it dry and put it back in your pocket without the risk of it leaking. I agree though that an Igo L is a good way to try out rebuildables to see how you get on with them.

It depends on the juice really. A tobacco steep will junk up your coil in a matter of hours. I get a lot of my juice from a UK based firm that steeps tobacco leaves in oak barrels and that really makes a mess but its worth it for the flavour. Chinese stuff like Hangsen or Liqua leaves no trace on your coil though.

I use rebuildables now because I love the different flavor profiles of different wicks and the ease of changing only the wick when needed. Mesh wicking gives me one type (basic) and lasts super long. Cotton is my favorite right now because the complex juices' taste comes through real good.

I use carto tanks for juices that I feel I would like to vape a lot of. But I vape only like 2ml a day, so those tanks have juice in them for a long time.

I would also like to add, that a hit from a RBA/Dripper is unlike anything you will try. The flavor is ridiculous and the quality of the vape is great.

And for the price of an IGO-L and some wick/wire you can get into it for around $20 to see how you like it.

But in the end, I just dont' think its something thats worth the hassle to do ALL THE TIME. Maybe just at home or back and forth to work.

So I've had my eye on the Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescope for a while now. My Provari with the 18350 does not last me long enough at all. And to buy a battery and extension cap for it will be like $30. Thats half the Zmax, and the Zmax has tons more features.

Just got a good deal on one one the ECF BST. Zmax V3, (2) kanger MT3s, and (2) 18650 batteries for $50. Pretty pumped.

daw840

Just found a new brick and mortar store right down the street from me! They are getting the Smoktech SID mods in stock sometime this week. I think I may have to finally jump into the mod world.....

Just found a new brick and mortar store right down the street from me! They are getting the Smoktech SID mods in stock sometime this week. I think I may have to finally jump into the mod world.....

Do it! I'm in the Washington DC area and really there are no convenient B&Ms. I would love to go just to check out some things in person.

My father is, and has been, a fairly heavy smoker all of his life and I would like to set him up with e-cigs. After some research into the subject, my plan is to order this (based off of antitrop's order a couple pages back):

2x Vision Spinner VV eGo 1300mAh
2x Kanger T3 eGo Clearomizer
Joye eGo Rapid USB Charger
Wall to USB converter

A few questions for all you knowledgeable folks:

How easy is it to use a setup like this?

Since I want him to be good to go for awhile before he needs to purchase more atomizer heads, I'm considering grabbing a couple of those as well, but should I be purchasing the 1.8 or 2.4 ohm atomizer heads?

Recommendations for juice flavors, or any really good sampler packs? Not sure how my father would react to the sweeter flavors, since he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth.

My father is, and has been, a fairly heavy smoker all of his life and I would like to set him up with e-cigs. After some research into the subject, my plan is to order this (based off of antitrop's order a couple pages back):

2x Vision Spinner VV eGo 1300mAh
2x Kanger T3 eGo Clearomizer
Joye eGo Rapid USB Charger
Wall to USB converter

A few questions for all you knowledgeable folks:

How easy is it to use a setup like this?

Since I want him to be good to go for awhile before he needs to purchase more atomizer heads, I'm considering grabbing a couple of those as well, but should I be purchasing the 1.8 or 2.4 ohm atomizer heads?

Recommendations for juice flavors, or any really good sampler packs? Not sure how my father would react to the sweeter flavors, since he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth.

Maybe only go with one battery and see how long it lasts him? I don't see a need to get two off the bat.

That setup is very easy. Again, I don't see a need to buy replacement heads just now. Those two Kangers will last him a while. Months. Get them in 1.8ohms.

Allforce

I go through those atomizer heads on my Kanger T2 tanks like every 5 days! I don't know how you guys are lasting months and months with yours. I've had these eGo and T2 setup for about 6 weeks and have already changed the atomizer head in my one tank about 5 times.

I notice that it starts gurgling and then liquid starts getting into the center coil, I blow it out a few times and it works for a few more vapes. Then I remove the atomizer head and the wick is always charred to hell inside so I just pitch it and put a new one in.

I feel like I'm doing it wrong with what I'm reading, the guys at the store said they last "about 2 weeks" but maybe I'm just vaping way too much? I keep that shit at 3.8 and below always so it's not like I'm torching these things.

I go through those atomizer heads on my Kanger T2 tanks like every 5 days! I don't know how you guys are lasting months and months with yours. I've had these eGo and T2 setup for about 6 weeks and have already changed the atomizer head in my one tank about 5 times.

I notice that it starts gurgling and then liquid starts getting into the center coil, I blow it out a few times and it works for a few more vapes. Then I remove the atomizer head and the wick is always charred to hell inside so I just pitch it and put a new one in.

I feel like I'm doing it wrong with what I'm reading, the guys at the store said they last "about 2 weeks" but maybe I'm just vaping way too much? I keep that shit at 3.8 and below always so it's not like I'm torching these things.

You likely vape more than they do. I know I definitely vape more than most people in the thread. I go through 30ml of juice in about a week to a week and a half. Run my 1300 battery from full to done in under a day. But I also use 6mg Nic while a lot of others use 18-24mg, so it's not as harsh and I'm able to vape all day without my throat feeling jacked up.

Allforce

I do use it pretty much constantly throughout the day. Making up for years of non-smoking I guess.

Doesn't help that I work from home AND you can use these indoors, when I used to smoke at least I had to make an effort to go out to the back patio and smoke one, this eGo just sits on my desk all night at work and I just puff it every few minutes.

e-cigarette-info.jpg

From ecig forum

Joe

I've been using the Kanger T3 and MT3 tanks lately and I also have been running through atomizers really fast (1.8ohm). I keep it between 3.2 and 3.8 volts.

I think it might be because I really cook my pulls. I'll pull, let some out, pull, let some out, pull and then inhale.

I've been using the Kanger T3 and MT3 tanks lately and I also have been running through atomizers really fast (1.8ohm). I keep it between 3.2 and 3.8 volts.

I think it might be because I really cook my pulls. I'll pull, let some out, pull, let some out, pull and then inhale.

Sheesh. Is it cause you're not getting the throat hit you desire?

Try a stronger juice or higher voltage?

Yeah, those things don't like prolonged pulls.

Chopper

I just received a dispatch notice for the £200+ I spent on a Provari and some accessories that I apparently ordered whilst hammered last night. Awesome, I guess. :/

Pete Rock

For what it's worth I ran my first basic mech mod with a direct drip low res atomizer that would dry out after 5 solid hits, then need another drop. Two drops was too much and would flood out the air holes and onto the contact plate.

It was great to quit smoking, but I only keep it around for frisbee golf and other active situations. Having moved on to the genesis style RBAs I will never go back to dripping on the regular, although I could see how the early versions that were prone to leaking or were harder to re-coil would put people off. As far as I know RBA doesn't denote drip vs tank, it's just the fact that it's designed to have user "rebuildable" coils & wicks.

The latest ZAP revision has ceramic wicks that are just really nice assuming you don't bang the thing around, and I simply inject 2.5ml of fluid every three days and never have to worry about it unless I want to change flavors.

I just received a dispatch notice for the £200+ I spent on a Provari and some accessories that I apparently ordered whilst hammered last night. Awesome, I guess. :/
I think you'll love it, was my first VV mod so I had no experience with all the electronic functions but I have grown to enjoy them. The only other high end alternative are small run mech mods & rbas, most with waiting lists and similar price tags.

Although I will say not only the price tag has shifted when I consider my first large mod purchase, but my habits as well. I think vaping needs to be more of a hobby and thing to toy around with in your mind at that point, separately enjoyable from the functionality of not killing yourself all the time.

Can I use Genesis style atomizers with Silica wick instead of mesh?

Is it even worth it?

I'm not fond of the idea of having to blowtorch the mesh before I can use it.

Pete Rock

Can I use Genesis style atomizers with Silica wick instead of mesh?

Is it even worth it?

I'm not fond of the idea of having to blowtorch the mesh before I can use it.
Yep but check around, it depends on the design. Another user here already referenced you a Kayfun, they are hot right now and should be right up your alley.

Joe

My friend just texted me to tell me that NBC Nightly News is doing a segment on electronic cigarettes. I won't be around to watch it but maybe some of you will.

6:30pm est

There are TONS of Kayfuns on sale on the ECF Classifieds. Literally every few posts is one for sale. Not a good sign.

I'm sure they perform well, but for that price..... I dunno. Looks like a lot of buyer's remorse.

abstemious

Neo Member
From what I've seen the kayfun lite has killed the market for the 3.1. It's the same atomiser without the temperamental fill valve and adjustable air control so the market is getting a bit clogged with people unloading their 3.1s. The lite isn't too much more than an aga t and it is worlds apart in quality.

From what I've seen the kayfun lite has killed the market for the 3.1. It's the same atomiser without the temperamental fill valve and adjustable air control so the market is getting a bit clogged with people unloading their 3.1s. The lite isn't too much more than an aga t and it is worlds apart in quality.

Its still $100.

AGA-T is $40

Chopper

Got a Kir Fanis Varadero on its way to me too!

Picked some Grizwalds juices too. Just tried their Raspberry dream. Very nice and authentic.

abstemious

Neo Member
Its still $100.

AGA-T is $40

True. Although I used to spend more than $100 a week on cigarettes which I then proceeded to set on fire, so I still think the kayfun lite is a bargain given its quality. It's every bit as good as a 3.1 for nearly half the cost.

To me I have no problem spending money on quality vaping gear as it holds its value so well. I'm on course to spend about $700 dollars on vaping this month. Anything I don't care for will almost certainly be sold for RRP or pretty close to it so its definitely worth the investment for me.

True. Although I used to spend more than $100 a week on cigarettes which I then proceeded to set on fire, so I still think the kayfun lite is a bargain given its quality. It's every bit as good as a 3.1 for nearly half the cost.

To me I have no problem spending money on quality vaping gear as it holds its value so well. I'm on course to spend about $700 dollars on vaping this month. Anything I don't care for will almost certainly be sold for RRP or pretty close to it so its definitely worth the investment for me.

Gotcha. The next time I have $100 burning a hole in my pocket i'll check it out.

DaFish

Nice, what you picking up?

DaFish

Doodlebug Le, an axiom, a nemesis, kayfun lite, a ba gua, an arrow and some other bits.

My smoking addiction has well and truly transferred into an addiction to buying vaping gear.

holy hell.

I still don't understand how the arrow is leak proof but looks cool and I want a kayfun lite my self.

Top Bottom