• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

abstemious

Neo Member
holy hell.

I still don't understand how the arrow is leak proof but looks cool and I want a kayfun lite my self.

The arrow is quite innovative really. It doesn't have a normal drip tip with a hole down the middle. The tip actually has two channels cut on opposite sides for vapor to get through. If you rotate the tip 90° these channels get blocked off so nothing leaks out. You can still flood the top chamber of the atty but the juice just drains back down if you stand it up for a few minutes.

The kayfun lite really is a winner for me. It's the best value vaping kit I've bought as it is excellent quality for a really reasonable price. If you get one you won't be disappointed.

DaFish

The arrow is quite innovative really. It doesn't have a normal drip tip with a hole down the middle. The tip actually has two channels cut on opposite sides for vapor to get through. If you rotate the tip 90° these channels get blocked off so nothing leaks out. You can still flood the top chamber of the atty but the juice just drains back down if you stand it up for a few minutes.

The kayfun lite really is a winner for me. It's the best value vaping kit I've bought as it is excellent quality for a really reasonable price. If you get one you won't be disappointed.

Cloud 9's online store has been closed for a while, you just grabbed a Kayfun off the classifieds or what?

abstemious

Neo Member
Cloud 9's online store has been closed for a while, you just grabbed a Kayfun off the classifieds or what?

Got mine from intaste.de. By FedEx it arrived in four days I think and it worked out cheaper than paying for special delivery from c9v.

I'm not really understanding...what am I getting by spending $100 on a Kaifun vs. just my standard iClear 30?

Better flavour, better vapour, better throat hit, better quality parts. I guess you noticed better performance from your iclear than you got from a $2 carto. You'll notice an improvement again from a kayfun. Whether that is worth $100 to you is another question.

Just got my Sigelei Telescope in the mail. How snug should I tighten this thing down with the 18650 battery in it?

I feel like I could keep tightening it but don't wanna compress the spring too much.

Also, I have an 18350 and an 18650 battery (both sides of the size spectrum.)

Whats a good battery size right inbetween the two, 18490?

9wAELHs.jpg

Sigelei Zmax v3 with an Igo-l.

My new combo is an iTaste SVD with a Kanger ProTank. IMO it's very low-hassle, low-maintenance, vapes great, and doesn't cost a fortune (got the SVD from FastTech for $38 shipped).

The next juice vendor I want to try out is Mount Baker Vapor.

Can you guys recommend me 3 or 4 flavors from them that you really like that I should try out. Thanks.

Wallach

Can you guys recommend me 3 or 4 flavors from them that you really like that I should try out. Thanks.

My order from them was Hawk Sauce, Moo Juice and Orange Dreamsicle. It came with a sample of Lemon Goddess that I haven't tried; after steeping for about two months it still smells like nail polish to me. Not happening.

Of the three I actually vape, Hawk Sauce is my favorite. It's kinda light on throat hit, but the flavor just works for me. It's like sweet tarts with very subtle hints of something else... I think it might be a combination of marshmallow and lavender. Most of what you taste is sweet tarts, though, and those flavors just serve to take a bit of the "bite" off. Really like it.

Moo Juice is one that I imagine is a love or hate it kind of juice. It basically tastes like powdered strawberry Quik, eventually. If you try to vape this stuff before steeping it tastes like papery strawberry ass. I don't think I would re-order this one, but I did actually wind up vaping 30ml after about a month and a half. Just don't vape it without some form of steeping.

Orange Dreamsicle is really nice and my second favorite after the Hawk Sauce. The cream flavor is pretty subtle and for the most part probably doesn't taste much different from the plain "Orange" flavor. Clean flavor though, plenty sweet but an overly "candied" type orange. More throat hit than the Hawk Sauce.

A lot of people recommended their banana nut bread and Thug Juice over on ECF, but I haven't tried those yet. Hawk Sauce was the only really stand-out juice of what I got but I'll probably order from them again because their prices and shipping are the best I've experienced to date. Definitely let their stuff steep though, all three of the ones I got improved more than any of my other juices with steeping; I use heat steeping since I'm impatient but regular shelf steeping I'd recommend 2 weeks.

Broseybrose

Im a huge fan of their Coumarin Pipe. Might be the sweetest tobacco ive ever tried, but with plenty of throat hit too.

guldakot

Last friday, i took the plunge and bought one of the Tsunami double starter kits, along with their 24mg menthol juice. I was a 3 pack a day smoker, and so far I haven't even thought about a real cig, its been that damned good.

What is the difference between a Tsunami setup vs these customs setups? I'm loving this thing so far, so I'm just curious how much better these custom setups are in terms of throat hit, vapor production and all that jazz.

I was trolling Vap dudes and some of the flavors look really tasty. Anyone had any experience with their Ice line? The Ice apple one is calling to me, but looking for an outside opinion before trying em out.

I still can't believe that I haven't even missed a real cigarette, this is the longest I've gone without lighting up since I started smoking in 97.

Last friday, i took the plunge and bought one of the Tsunami double starter kits, along with their 24mg menthol juice. I was a 3 pack a day smoker, and so far I haven't even thought about a real cig, its been that damned good.

What is the difference between a Tsunami setup vs these customs setups? I'm loving this thing so far, so I'm just curious how much better these custom setups are in terms of throat hit, vapor production and all that jazz.

I was trolling Vap dudes and some of the flavors look really tasty. Anyone had any experience with their Ice line? The Ice apple one is calling to me, but looking for an outside opinion before trying em out.

I still can't believe that I haven't even missed a real cigarette, this is the longest I've gone without lighting up since I started smoking in 97.

Those kits are what we would call a standard eGo Setup. You are starting off on a good level, that battery can deliver a good punch and last a while.

- Your battery puts out a set voltage. The next step of battery, at that size, is something like an eGo C Twist where you can adjust the voltage output of the battery, delivery different flavor profiles and throat hits. After that, your next step will be something with a computer chip in it, most times called a "mod", and that can adjust voltage, check battery, check resistance of cartridge (if you don't know it already or if you get into rebuildables), can set wattage, maintain puff counter, and last way longer since they are bigger.

- The cartridge you are given with that kit is sort of bottom of the barrel, and one step above a disposable. The Tsunami site doesn't have much info but it looks like, based on reviews, that the battery has a standard 510 connection (maybe even an eGo connection.) If thats the case, your first step is to get into a better cartridge (called Clearomizers or Cartomizers.)

- To keep the same size, look into the Innokin iClear30 or Kanger EVOD or Kanger MT3.
- To go a little bigger on cartridge size, look into the home run that is the Innokin iClear30.

But make sure you have an eGo and/or 510 connection on your battery.

- Throat hit. Strength of battery output and nicotine level will dictate throat hit. You may need more battery power if you desire more throat. 24mg sounds like plenty of nicotine.

- Vapor output can be attributed to battery output and type of juice. Juice that has more "VG" will produce more vapor.

- VAPE DUDES. Meh. They were one of the first juices I've tried. I've tried their Ice Ice and their Apple Ice. Thought they were good when I got them, now having tried other vendors, they make those flavors taste like ass. Look into RoarVapor or GoodLifeVapor. Those are two of the best I've tried.

Congrats on your success so far.

guldakot

Those kits are what we would call a standard eGo Setup. You are starting off on a good level, that battery can deliver a good punch and last a while.

- Your battery puts out a set voltage. The next step of battery, at that size, is something like an eGo C Twist where you can adjust the voltage output of the battery, delivery different flavor profiles and throat hits. After that, your next step will be something with a computer chip in it, most times called a "mod", and that can adjust voltage, check battery, check resistance of cartridge (if you don't know it already or if you get into rebuildables), can set wattage, maintain puff counter, and last way longer since they are bigger.

- The cartridge you are given with that kit is sort of bottom of the barrel, and one step above a disposable. The Tsunami site doesn't have much info but it looks like, based on reviews, that the battery has a standard 510 connection (maybe even an eGo connection.) If thats the case, your first step is to get into a better cartridge (called Clearomizers or Cartomizers.)

- To keep the same size, look into the Innokin iClear30 or Kanger EVOD or Kanger MT3.
- To go a little bigger on cartridge size, look into the home run that is the Innokin iClear30.

But make sure you have an eGo and/or 510 connection on your battery.

- Throat hit. Strength of battery output and nicotine level will dictate throat hit. You may need more battery power if you desire more throat. 24mg sounds like plenty of nicotine.

- Vapor output can be attributed to battery output and type of juice. Juice that has more "VG" will produce more vapor.

- VAPE DUDES. Meh. They were one of the first juices I've tried. I've tried their Ice Ice and their Apple Ice. Thought they were good when I got them, now having tried other vendors, they make those flavors taste like ass. Look into RoarVapor or GoodLifeVapor. Those are two of the best I've tried.

Congrats on your success so far.

Thanks for the info! Will definately check out RV and GLV, why the hell did I take so long to try vaping! /slapforehead

Wallach

18-24mg is a good place for a regular smoker to start. I second the GLV recommendation, the guy makes some amazing juice. Get the Melon Boba. I will literally buy it from you if you don't like it. :p

I pretty much felt the same way when I picked up vaping. But then, vaping hasn't always been as good as it is now, so it's not like you could have necessarily had this much success even a few years back.

guldakot

18-24mg is a good place for a regular smoker to start. I second the GLV recommendation, the guy makes some amazing juice. Get the Melon Boba. I will literally buy it from you if you don't like it. :p

I pretty much felt the same way when I picked up vaping. But then, vaping hasn't always been as good as it is now, so it's not like you could have necessarily had this much success even a few years back.

Ill definately give the melon a try :)

I did try it once before, was about 3 years ago with the N-joy sticks and cartridges, and those were straight up nasty. This is a completely different experience.

Got my AGA-T2 in yesterday. First build went great. Had a little hot spot on the top that I worked out pretty quickly.

This thing is huge. I don't like the way it looks on any of my mods. And it holds too much juice for my liking. I switch juices too often to be sucking on this thing for a few days straight.

Having said that, it hits like a beast and vapor comes flying out in loads. Just awesome.

I'll be sticking with silica. No mesh for me.

Broseybrose

What rebuildable tank would y'all recommend me for my Vamo V3? Are the Kanger Pro Tank and Innokin iClear30s rebuildable? Those are the two Ive heard the best about so far, without really understanding what they are or how they work...

I dont plan venturing into sub-ohm, I like 2.5ohms and will probably aim for 2ohms on my first build.

What rebuildable tank would y'all recommend me for my Vamo V3? Are the Kanger Pro Tank and Innokin iClear30s rebuildable? Those are the two Ive heard the best about so far, without really understanding what they are or how they work...

I dont plan venturing into sub-ohm, I like 2.5ohms and will probably aim for 2ohms on my first build.

I would say go with the IGO-L. Its very cheap and performs very well.

abstemious

Neo Member

Whatever you decide, steer well clear of the Protank for the time being. The current model is held together with glue that makes contact with your juice. There will apparently be a v2 coming that will be glue free but I wouldn't risk buying one right now.

daw840

Whatever you decide, steer well clear of the Protank for the time being. The current model is held together with glue that makes contact with your juice. There will apparently be a v2 coming that will be glue free but I wouldn't risk buying one right now.
Really? That's what I'm vaping right now. Works pretty well if not for a bit of leakage into your mouth.

Got my order in from Mount Baker Vapor yesterday. Holy hell does everything taste like chalk. The only one that was stomach-able out of the box was Thug Juice. I'm gonna have to look into some methods of quick steeping.

My order from AVE Juice comes in today. Hopefully I can use at least one of those out of the box. This steeping stuff sucks.

Wallach

Got my order in from Mount Baker Vapor yesterday. Holy hell does everything taste like chalk. The only one that was stomach-able out of the box was Thug Juice. I'm gonna have to look into some methods of quick steeping.

My order from AVE Juice comes in today. Hopefully I can use at least one of those out of the box. This steeping stuff sucks.

Use a coffee cup warmer or a mini crock pot (look up Little Dipper). Water at 170-ish for 8 hours will steep equivalent to 2 weeks of them sitting somewhere on a shelf. Really handy thing to own for a vaper, in my opinion.

Use a coffee cup warmer or a mini crock pot (look up Little Dipper). Water at 170-ish for 8 hours will steep equivalent to 2 weeks of them sitting somewhere on a shelf. Really handy thing to own for a vaper, in my opinion.

I have neither of those.

I will try to warm up some water in microwave and let them sit in it for a few hours, re-heating the water every half hour or so.

Broseybrose

Cap on or off the juice bottle for this?

So over the weekend I put my new Mt Baker Vapor juices in some warmed liquid (that was around 100F) for a few hours, reheated it and left in for another few hours.

After doing this the juices started to get some color, when I first received them they were all clear. Some are nice and dark nice. So I gave them a try last night and they still aren't ready. Gonna let them sit all this week.

Ugh. So frustrating.

Double D

Hey folks, I haven't crept up in this thread in quite a while, nor have I paid attention to any new e-cig developments. Just been going strong with my KGO + Phoenix CE3's. I'd like to level up, so to speak. Any suggestions? Ideally I'd like to have better storage than what I've been getting out of my standard CE3's, and also get a stronger, longer lasting battery that looks nice and just straight up performs better.

Hey folks, I haven't crept up in this thread in quite a while, nor have I paid attention to any new e-cig developments. Just been going strong with my KGO + Phoenix CE3's. I'd like to level up, so to speak. Any suggestions? Ideally I'd like to have better storage than what I've been getting out of my standard CE3's, and also get a stronger, longer lasting battery that looks nice and just straight up performs better.

eGo C Twist battery, something like 900mah or more will be plenty.

I like the Kanger EVOD clearomizer. Holds more than CE3 and performs even better.

Broseybrose

Grab a Vamo V3 (plus Nitecore charger and 2 Panasonic 18650 batteries) from Fasttech for $50 shipped.

Also, the Kanger EVOD clearos are a step up from CE3s, but theyre $5-6 apiece, as opposed to $10-12 for a 5pc CE3.

This is what i did to upgrade from eGos and CE3s earlier this month, and I really couldnt be a happier vaper. All i want now is a rebuildable dripping atty to take advantage of the POWER of the VAMO.

So over the weekend I put my new Mt Baker Vapor juices in some warmed liquid (that was around 100F) for a few hours, reheated it and left in for another few hours.

After doing this the juices started to get some color, when I first received them they were all clear. Some are nice and dark nice. So I gave them a try last night and they still aren't ready. Gonna let them sit all this week.

Ugh. So frustrating.

To be honest, I've never saved a garbage juice via steeping. It's made a good juice even better, or a weak flavoured juice stronger, but any juice that I've had an instant distaste too hasn't done a complete 180 for me no matter how long I leave it. But that might just be me and the juices I've tried.

To be honest, I've never saved a garbage juice via steeping. It's made a good juice even better, or a weak flavoured juice stronger, but any juice that I've had an instant distaste too hasn't done a complete 180 for me no matter how long I leave it. But that might just be me and the juices I've tried.

Well, the thing is that I'm getting that "powder" flavor, its not the flavor of the juice, its the powder thats throwing me off. I am going to let them sit to get the rest of the powder out.

Now in their Banana Cream Pie flavor I'm getting tons of pie crust and not enough banana. I hope that the banana will come out with some steeping.

On another note, my order from Alien Vision came in today. The good news is that all three flavors were usable right out of the package, no long steeping required.

Boba's Bounty is interesting, and I can see the mystery behind it. A good poster on ECF described it well. Its mainly a honey and graham vape with a hint of cinnamon and tobacco. Its smell is most reminiscent of a fresh pack of cigarettes, but it doesn't taste tobacco-ey. I'm really really enjoying it in the few hours I've been vaping it since I got it.

So I'm coming from my thread about smoking and I've realized it might be a better alternative for me to get en ecig for those occasions when I want to be able to smoke.

So what's the de-facto brand to use if you want a discreet cig with perhaps a good starter kit that could also be bought in Stockholm?

Thanks!

So I'm coming from my thread about smoking and I've realized it might be a better alternative for me to get en ecig for those occasions when I want to be able to smoke.

So what's the de-facto brand to use if you want a discreet cig with perhaps a good starter kit that could also be bought in Stockholm?

Thanks!

Discreet setups won't produce a good enough vapor to keep your interest. Look into getting an eGo C Twist battery and CE3 Clearomizer. That's your best discreet bang for your buck.

Discreet setups won't produce a good enough vapor to keep your interest. Look into getting an eGo C Twist battery and CE3 Clearomizer. That's your best discreet bang for your buck.

So if you're skipping being discreet and just going for best starterkit, which would that be?

Wallach

So if you're skipping being discreet and just going for best starterkit, which would that be?

Stuff's changing very fast as of late so I don't know if this is the best advice, but I still recommend a pair of eGo C-Twist batteries (make sure to get the wall plug and cable for charging) and a handful of EVOD clearomizer attachments and replacement heads or a few packs of Boge/IkenVape 510 cartomizers. Then wade neck deep into the sea of juice vendors to find something you really like.

If a little more size doesn't bother you, I'd go with a bigger eGo C Twist, like 900 or 1100 mah, and then grab an EVOD Clearomizer (as mentioned above me.)

The Phoenix CE3 Clearomizer is a little smaller and more discrete than the EVOD, but the EVOD will hold more and perform better more consistantly.

My Kir Fanis Nancy drip tip arrived. So much nicer than the big steel Kong number I was using before. Just slips nicely between the lips. Recommended.

That setup looks sick dude.

I'm not digging metal drip tips. Something about then, even though they look awesome, doesn't feel right to me. Sometimes they hit my teeth also and that sucks.

Chopper

That setup looks sick dude.

I'm not digging metal drip tips. Something about then, even though they look awesome, doesn't feel right to me. Sometimes they hit my teeth also and that sucks.
It did take me a while to adjust. Maybe you have to find the right one! When I first started using the tank, I found myself taking longer draws, and the kong started to feel uncomfortable on the side of my mouth that I use to vape. This is a serious improvement. So comfortable. I can see myself sticking with it forever. The end is only about 6mm wide.

I've never seen a drip tip that I've liked the look of that isn't metal.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Cap on or off the juice bottle for this?

Keeping the cap off of your juices for too long will degrade the nicotine base (as it interacts with oxygen): http://www.surechem.org/index.php?A...b=desc&lang=&db_query=0::0::0:&markupType=all

Heating your juices with the cap off will make the nicotine oxidize even faster: http://www.legacy.library.ucsf.edu/documentStore/n/n/a/nna14d00/Snna14d00.pdf

Sunlight will degrade your nicotine levels too. Make sure that if you're steeping your juices for extended periods of time, do so in a place that's dark, cool, and dry.

This isn't to say that you should NEVER take the cap off when you're steeping. I would actually recommend it in cases where one of the flavour concentrates is overly perfumey. However, if you wish to preserve the nicotine content, don't keep the cap off for too long (one night is fine).

Schrade

Some of those things look like fucking lightsabers... rofl.

I have a co-worker here who is vaping. I'm glad for him (and for me now..) I hated walking out to go to my car when he was out there smoking.

Top Bottom