• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Pimpwerx

I use a 650 mAh Twist and it gets me through an entire day typically. You'd probably be fine just ordering one battery, and if you find it not doing enough for you, ordering a second is pretty trivial.

So I ordered the kit Broseybrose linked to, along with a 10mL bottle of the Hangsen mint juice. I just wanted to have some juice to go with the kit when it arrived. I'm interested in the Baja Burst and Melon Boba flavors, just based on this thread, but figure I'll probably want to take time and read more reviews.

No more tobacco for me. I just have to figure out what flavors I like, as well as the best, portable package. I'm gonna try to read more of the thread. Thanks again, guys. PEACE.

Wallach

So I ordered the kit Broseybrose linked to, along with a 10mL bottle of the Hangsen mint juice. I just wanted to have some juice to go with the kit when it arrived. I'm interested in the Baja Burst and Melon Boba flavors, just based on this thread, but figure I'll probably want to take time and read more reviews.

No more tobacco for me. I just have to figure out what flavors I like, as well as the best, portable package. I'm gonna try to read more of the thread. Thanks again, guys. PEACE.

Good choices. ;P

I just ordered more of the Baja Burst today, I should have done so before I actually ran out of the 10ml...

Pete Rock

I know you said you didn't want to rebuild but once you get the hang of doing it setting up a genesis atomiser doesn't take long at all. The stainless steel wick can be used for months if you just burn off the juice left on the wick when you give it a quick clean and refill. Rewrap the kanthal and you're ready to go again. The aga-t is a cheap device to try out to see if you like genesis style attys.
At first I was hesitant, going from a sort of hybrid dripper with a small ceramic reservoir to a full fledged RBA. Initially it is a little daunting and seemingly complex, there are a few tips and tricks to wrapping that make your coil "good" or "bad" that don't really make immediate sense without seeing them demonstrated.

Now that I am comfortable with an RBA I will never go back! In fact I gifted my old vape to a friend to get him off analogs and onto the right path.

I might pick up an AGA-T and a second VV mod so I can have a "cheap" device I don't mind taking disc golfing or out to the bar, ProVari & ZAP is expensive and fragile but produces tasty vapor all day.

An interesting side effect and one I heard mentioned in the setup and tips video is that the vapor production is so high, most people tend to cut their nicotine rates in half on their juice. I found this to be kind of ridiculous as I was vaping 24mg or 2.4% in short hard puffs off my old high resistance dripper (3.8o @ 6.0V), now I much prefer 12mg or 1.1-2% pumping off this RBA (1.8o @ 4.4V) through big deep draws. So I suppose you end up dosing the same, but you get to enjoy twice as much tasty vapor in the process. Yum!

1-130R11P416447.jpg

iTaste MVP V2 is out now.

VV, VW, ohm reader.

I need this.

Wallach

iTaste MVP V2 is out now.

VV, VW, ohm reader.

I need this.

This will probably be my first "big" device, I think. How much are they being sold for atm?

Edit - I wonder why they don't put the connection in the center.

Edit 2 - Fuck it, I just ordered one. Was only $50 from C2C shipped with that Vapor Joes coupon, and today was the last day for their orders so why not.

I do not understand the appeal of box mods. At all.

I mainly thought it was going to serve my "something different" and awesome battery life desires. But its been so much more. They look and feel great in your hand.

As far as the MVP is concerned, its very very sleek. Nowhere near as big as you would imagine it to be. Its the thickness of an iClear 30 or any carto/tank setup, and its only about as wide as two iClear30s or carto/tanks.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I do not understand the appeal of box mods. At all.

When you get one, you know for sure that you're done with cigarettes. Pretty much a completely different addiction at this point. 6000 mAh of power in my box mod, change batteries once or twice a week.

Pimpwerx

A bit of an update. I ordered that starter kit from FastTech on the 27th. I got my tracking number on the 28th. It got to the Hong Kong post office on the 29th and apparently is in Miami as of a few hours ago (10pm on the 1st). I won't have it until Tue thanks to the holiday, but that's damn fast for an international package with free delivery. I'll let you guys know if anything shows up messed up. If everything is intact, I'm gonna have to buy the rest of my vape hardware from there. PEACE.

Wallach

A bit of an update. I ordered that starter kit from FastTech on the 27th. I got my tracking number on the 28th. It got to the Hong Kong post office on the 29th and apparently is in Miami as of a few hours ago (10pm on the 1st). I won't have it until Tue thanks to the holiday, but that's damn fast for an international package with free delivery. I'll let you guys know if anything shows up messed up. If everything is intact, I'm gonna have to buy the rest of my vape hardware from there. PEACE.

Overseas shipping can definitely be rough, but typically sites like Fasttech and such that ship out of China use a good bit of bubble wrap to compensate.

My tracking on my Apollo re-order of more Baja Burst showed it wasn't going to come in until Tuesday, but it showed up yesterday. Score. Also ordered some of their blank cartomizers to try them out (since it would be convenient to get cartos and liquid in the same order) but frankly they're not very good.

J. Bravo

My friend and I smoke his e cig all day pretty much every day. I will figure out what it is so I can ask for improvements, because it doesn't hit hard enough anymore. All I know is it isn't blu and he gets it from the gas station lol.

So it's been a little over two weeks, not an analog since, but I'm a little disappointed in the recent flavors I got. I decided to try Cheesecake and Caramel...no idea what I was thinking buying these at the same time. Not only do they not sit well with me, but they also taste extremely similar, even if I liked them, there wouldn't be a point in having both. Last time I'll buy sweets/pastry/candy. You live and you learn I guess.

So it's been a little over two weeks, not an analog since, but I'm a little disappointed in the recent flavors I got. I decided to try Cheesecake and Caramel...no idea what I was thinking buying these at the same time. Not only do they not sit well with me, but they also taste extremely similar, even if I liked them, there wouldn't be a point in having both. Last time I'll buy sweets/pastry/candy. You live and you learn I guess.

Let them sit for a couple weeks and try again. Their flavor will change.

After delaying for a while, I recently spent so much money on new juice, I went and ordered my first mechanical, Empire K100 from FastTech. I also ordered an IGO-W from MVS. I really love my IGO-L, but the W has holes in the posts to make it easier to hook up, and supports 3 posts for dual coils.

I have this 28gauge kanthal sitting here that is useless to me cause I can't get a build with it up to over 1.3ohs to use on any of my devices, so I'm really looking forward to this mechanical.

TheExodu5

Banned
Finally got around to cleaning my iClear 30 tank by rinsing and dry burning. That was easy! I don't know what I was afraid of.

I don't think I ever see myself moving away from the iClear 30. It just works perfectly. I've tried a genesis atty, and I've tried a protank, and I far prefer the performance and ease of use of the iClear 30. And I've really started to get used to the rotatable drip head.

There are some good sweet flavors out there, but they can be very hit or miss. Pina Colada is usually a safe bet from the ones I've tried.

daw840

So I got a tracking number from FastTech and it's like no other tracking number I've ever seen.

LK035443450HK

The link goes to USPS.COM and tells me nothing, won't track. Anyone else have this issue?

As a noob I started out with a Halo G6 starter kit a couple of weeks ago. So far so good, but when I ordered a couple of of their mini-tanks I was even more satisfied. Works great, get some good clean hits, and the thing is still discreet. I think this is finally going to be the answer for me to quit smoking for good, yesterday I had only one cigarette which is a big deal for me.

Recently I was about to pull the trigger on a Kanger Mini Protank II. I want something with a glass tank so I don't have to worry about plastic breaking from certain juices. But then there was some confusion about whether the drip tip was removable on this new one, turns out it isn't. For whatever reason I wanted the removable drip tip one, looks better. Supposedly that version will be coming out in 2/3 months or something. I'm going to wait until things get ironed out.

Until then I got Coconut from Backwoods Brew on order, I need something new after puffing on Halo's Tribeca and Southern Classic for awhile now. Great juices but I think I'm finally tired of tobacco anything.

so i just got an e-cig delivered. it's an ego twist 900 maH, with a ce4 atomiser or something? i bought 30ml of cherry 16 mg nicotine liquid to go with it as well.

erm i can taste the cherry, but there's this burnt after taste and i cant pull back as i get a bad throat. i've literally just filled it up, charged the battery for like 30 mins, then had a go.

is this normal for brand new kits? like is there a breaking in period?

so i just got an e-cig delivered. it's an ego twist 900 maH, with a ce4 atomiser or something? i bought 30ml of cherry 16 mg nicotine liquid to go with it as well.

erm i can taste the cherry, but there's this burnt after taste and i cant pull back as i get a bad throat. i've literally just filled it up, charged the battery for like 30 mins, then had a go.

is this normal for brand new kits? like is there a breaking in period?

Sounds like a dry hit.

Try turning down the power output, start low. What resistance are the CE4's that you bought? The lower resistance = the lower the volts you need.

The wicks inside the CE4 have to be saturated with juice, turn the unit upside down so you can get the wicks nice and wet before you take a pull.

Sounds like a dry hit.

Try turning down the power output, start low. What resistance are the CE4's that you bought? The lower resistance = the lower the volts you need.

The wicks inside the CE4 have to be saturated with juice, turn the unit upside down so you can get the wicks nice and wet before you take a pull.

erm sorry just had a look, not ce4, they're "Vision Ego V3 Rebuildable Clearomizers"

are they any good? i'll try consult the manual to see what resistance they are.

Pimpwerx

Hopefully it shows, but that's the kit. I'm charging the battery on my laptop right now. There are zero instructions in the package, so I assumed that was the smart thing to do first. How do I know when it's done charging? Does the light on the charger or the one on the battery give me and indication? Also, how long should it take?

I think for sure I'll go with a smaller battery, because this one if longer than I'd prefer. It's not very pocketable the way it is right now. It looks slightly larger than the disposable Blus, and definitely heavier. I think the 650mAh battery might be more of what I want. It's ok though. I can buy a variable voltage unit and start thinking about special needs then. PEACE.

Hopefully it shows, but that's the kit. I'm charging the battery on my laptop right now. There are zero instructions in the package, so I assumed that was the smart thing to do first. How do I know when it's done charging? Does the light on the charger or the one on the battery give me and indication? Also, how long should it take?

I think for sure I'll go with a smaller battery, because this one if longer than I'd prefer. It's not very pocketable the way it is right now. It looks slightly larger than the disposable Blus, and definitely heavier. I think the 650mAh battery might be more of what I want. It's ok though. I can buy a variable voltage unit and start thinking about special needs then. PEACE.

Charger should show solid green when done. Could take a while through a laptop, mine 650mah takes like 3 hours with the wall charger.

If the Twist is still charging, the light on the charger itself will be red. It will turn green when the battery is charged. I forget exactly how long it takes for a 900mAh battery.

Pimpwerx

Cool. I think this is a 1100mAh Twist. I put it on a wall charger now. I guess I'll wait for it to finish charging completely before first use, but I was hoping it would've come already charged, like a phone. I'll post again after I've given it a try. PEACE.

UPDATE: So it charged in a couple hours. It must have had a charge on it already. I put in the Hangsen mint juice and took a few puffs. Wow! This shits all over the Blu and Njoy e-cigs, that's for sure. Better hit and better flavor. I opted for the 12mg nicotine content, since I only smoke like 5 menthol lights a day. I could probably have gone for the 10mg option, but I didn't think too much about it. I'm more into this to get away from the smoke and tar, not for the nicotine fix, but for my first bottle of juice, I didn't want to take a chance on getting something too "weak".

How do I store the battery and clearo in between vape sessions? Can I leave them connected, and does it matter if it's laying flat on my sofa or in my work bag? I don't want stuff leaking or anything.

I'm only about 15 minutes into vaping, and I know I'm not going back to cigs. This thing hits better than the disposables I've used, and the price is insanely cheap. I assume a 10mL bottle should easily last a month. I'm gonna probably order some Baja Burst in a week or so, since that seems to be very popular.

Allforce

I just wanted to post and say how encouraging it was to be at PAX Prime this past weekend and see SO MANY fucking ecigs in use. Like anytime I'd head out to the courtyard "smoking" area there were always at least a half dozen or more people puffing away on a legit battery + cartomizer setup and not some dinky NJoy or Blu. I had multiple people chat me up about what I was puffing on and nearly every person who I explained it to (and was smoking analogs) was impressed and said it was something they wanted to look more into.

I really hope in the next 10 years we'll see only a half dozen "analog" smokers in those areas and everyone just enjoying their ecigs.

Cool. I think this is a 1100mAh Twist. I put it on a wall charger now. I guess I'll wait for it to finish charging completely before first use, but I was hoping it would've come already charged, like a phone. I'll post again after I've given it a try. PEACE.

UPDATE: So it charged in a couple hours. It must have had a charge on it already. I put in the Hangsen mint juice and took a few puffs. Wow! This shits all over the Blu and Njoy e-cigs, that's for sure. Better hit and better flavor. I opted for the 12mg nicotine content, since I only smoke like 5 menthol lights a day. I could probably have gone for the 10mg option, but I didn't think too much about it. I'm more into this to get away from the smoke and tar, not for the nicotine fix, but for my first bottle of juice, I didn't want to take a chance on getting something too "weak".

How do I store the battery and clearo in between vape sessions? Can I leave them connected, and does it matter if it's laying flat on my sofa or in my work bag? I don't want stuff leaking or anything.

I'm only about 15 minutes into vaping, and I know I'm not going back to cigs. This thing hits better than the disposables I've used, and the price is insanely cheap. I assume a 10mL bottle should easily last a month. I'm gonna probably order some Baja Burst in a week or so, since that seems to be very popular.

Storage really depends on the clearo/carto/tank. Really cheap ones can leak or flood if kept horizontally but even with the good ones I tend to do my very best to always keep it standing. You don't have to take clearo off of the battery. Since it's a manual device (push button) it won't drain the battery or anything and it shouldn't leak at all if kept upright. If it does leak while upright, then the clearo is flawed/busted and you'll need a new one.

Pimpwerx

Thanks Jest Chillin. I'll keep it standing next to my seat then.

So I'm definitely going to get a 650 next, or maybe even smaller, to carry around. Anyone with experience taking these things to sports arenas? I've got Dolphins season tix and want to carry my vape there (to use in the smoking areas, not the stands). Do stadiums and arenas have policies against these devices? Unlike cigs, the wand is gonna beep from all the metal and I don't want them taking it because they think it's used for smoking weed or anything. I'll probably call the ticket office to be sure, but anyone with experience taking this to sporting events? PEACE.

Broseybrose

So I'm definitely going to get a 650 next, or maybe even smaller, to carry around. Anyone with experience taking these things to sports arenas? I've got Dolphins season tix and want to carry my vape there (to use in the smoking areas, not the stands). Do stadiums and arenas have policies against these devices? Unlike cigs, the wand is gonna beep from all the metal and I don't want them taking it because they think it's used for smoking weed or anything. I'll probably call the ticket office to be sure, but anyone with experience taking this to sporting events? PEACE.

Yeah the 650 is as small an ego you want to go. And you can take these things anywhere, airport security, courthouses, they rarely bother to even ask. Im the kind of vaper vapers hate, in the sense that ill vape in a hospital or ANYWHERE else (movie theatres). I try to be low profile in those situations, but I wont not do it... unless someone says something, which no one ever has.

Wallach

erm sorry just had a look, not ce4, they're "Vision Ego V3 Rebuildable Clearomizers"

are they any good? i'll try consult the manual to see what resistance they are.

Are they like the ones in Pimpwerx's image there, with the wicks that dangle down from near the mouthpiece? It's a pretty standard clearomizer design.

Burnt taste means not enough juice is getting fed to the coil. If you just filled it, it could have just been that the wicks had not saturated enough up to the coil, which is near the top of the device. It could also be that the voltage was set too high for the resistance of the item; if it still tastes burnt after the wicks have been in the juice for 15+ minutes, try turning the dial down bit by bit until you find a sweet spot. I think these V3s (probably CE4 or CE5 type) are around 2-2.5 Ohms you might not be able to run at max Twist voltage (4.8v).

daw840

Yeah the 650 is as small an ego you want to go. And you can take these things anywhere, airport security, courthouses, they rarely bother to even ask. Im the kind of vaper vapers hate, in the sense that ill vape in a hospital or ANYWHERE else (movie theatres). I try to be low profile in those situations, but I wont not do it... unless someone says something, which no one ever has.
Lol. I do the same. Just blow down or hold it in for a bit. No one notices. A buddy of mine however will blow clouds in the air everywhere. Funny thing. Buffalo Wild Wings has banned them. He got a talkin to there. Lol

Those cartridges you got will be fine laying on their side, just don't lay them upside down.

I've taken my vape to sporting events, smaller setups like eGo C Twist and an EVOD, and I always put it in the basket with "all my metal objects" and no one asks what it is.

People at work think its a marker or something.

Broseybrose

Finally picked up an RDA to go with the KTS+ mech mod I ordered from Fasttech. The IGO-L. Built my first coil using 30ga Kanthal A1, TWIK Ekowool, and I also bored the airhole to 1/16".

Since I am using it on the Vamo until my KTS+ arrives (this week!) I was aiming for 2 ohms, and it came out 2ohms on the button. I don't know how I did that, no measuring or math was involved. 6/7 wraps of 30ga will give you 2ohms i guess. Im really glad the Vamo V3 has an ohm meter because I do not.

Anyway, pics

The flavor and vapor are both fairly outrageous. These rebuildables stomp all over the old joye 510 attys. I highly recommend an IGO if youre looking for a rebuildable dripper.

Are they like the ones in Pimpwerx's image there, with the wicks that dangle down from near the mouthpiece? It's a pretty standard clearomizer design.

Burnt taste means not enough juice is getting fed to the coil. If you just filled it, it could have just been that the wicks had not saturated enough up to the coil, which is near the top of the device. It could also be that the voltage was set too high for the resistance of the item; if it still tastes burnt after the wicks have been in the juice for 15+ minutes, try turning the dial down bit by bit until you find a sweet spot. I think these V3s (probably CE4 or CE5 type) are around 2-2.5 Ohms you might not be able to run at max Twist voltage (4.8v).

Oh ffs its an ego-t battery, not a twist. It doesn't have a dial, does that mean it cant change voltage, and that im basically screwed with this burnt taste?

Broseybrose

Oh ffs its an ego-t battery, not a twist. It doesn't have a dial, does that mean it cant change voltage, and that im basically screwed with this burnt taste?

No youre not screwed yet. If youre getting burnt taste the problem is not enough juice, meaning your atty/carto/clearo is not working properly. Your eGo battery is running at a standard 3.7V and is not the problem.

Try a (or several) 2.5ohm EVOD clearo. That's what's on the stainless steel eGo in my pic above. These are bottom coil clearomizers, so thanks to gravity you'll never have a wicking issue.

Whatever you get for your battery; the lower the ohms, the hotter the coil, the more chance of burnt taste. 2.5 ohms is considered Standard Resistance.

TheExodu5

Banned
Either you don't have enough liquid or it's not wicking properly. So far, the only thing I've gotten that has consistent wicking is the iClear 30. 3.7V isn't going to drive it very much, but you could pick one up from fasttech for about $10 if you want to try it out. It is big though. Maybe give the iClear 16 a shot:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004594/1384000-innokin-iclear-16-dual-coil-electronic-cigarette

Try a (or several) 2.5ohm EVOD clearo. That's what's on the stainless steel eGo in my pic above. These are bottom coil clearomizers, so thanks to gravity you'll never have a wicking issue.

What's the one in your pic? I wouldn't mind trying it out.

I wouldn't say you'll never get a wicking issue with a bottom coil though. I had some major wicking issues with my Phoenix clearo.

Either you don't have enough liquid or it's not wicking properly. So far, the only thing I've gotten that has consistent wicking is the iClear 30. 3.7V isn't going to drive it very much, but you could pick one up from fasttech for about $10 if you want to try it out. It is big though. Maybe give the iClear 16 a shot:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004594/1384000-innokin-iclear-16-dual-coil-electronic-cigarette

I wouldn't say you'll never get a wicking issue with a bottom coil though. I had some major wicking issues with my Phoenix clearo.

Well after my liquid has gone from this clearo, i'll try the spare clearo that came with the kit, and if not i'll try this or the guy aboves option, however im from the uk so need a uk site.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well after my liquid has gone from this clearo, i'll try the spare clearo that came with the kit, and if not i'll try this or the guy aboves option, however im from the uk so need a uk site.

fasttech does worldwide free shipping

They take forever to ship though...orders take about 2-3 weeks.

Broseybrose

How do you mean? The pic i posted above shows a Vamo V3 with an IGO-L, and an 1100mah eGo Twist with an EVOD.

daw840

Just put an order in on GotVapes for a Kanger Protank version 2. Looks pretty sweet, and seeing as I just shattered my version 1....I need one. Hopefully it'll be here around the same time as my Vamo, if not I'll just run up to the B&M and get a cheap clearo.

Just put an order in on GotVapes for a Kanger Protank version 2. Looks pretty sweet, and seeing as I just shattered my version 1....I need one. Hopefully it'll be here around the same time as my Vamo, if not I'll just run up to the B&M and get a cheap clearo.

I'm heavily considering the Protank. I'm sure you've said it before, but how's the performance on that? For comparisons sake, how does it rank up against the Phoenix Clearos?

daw840

I'm heavily considering the Protank. I'm sure you've said it before, but how's the performance on that? For comparisons sake, how does it rank up against the Phoenix Clearos?

I loved my V1, and I've heard nothing but improvements on the V2. Also, if you're an idiot like me and shatter it, every piece is replaceable. Big plumes of vapor. My only complaint is that the atty's don't seem to last very long. Like 1-2 weeks, but they are only like 1.67 a piece so it's not so bad. Just sucks when you run out of new ones.

I loved my V1, and I've heard nothing but improvements on the V2. Also, if you're an idiot like me and shatter it, every piece is replaceable. Big plumes of vapor. My only complaint is that the atty's don't seem to last very long. Like 1-2 weeks, but they are only like 1.67 a piece so it's not so bad. Just sucks when you run out of new ones.

Good stuff. I think I'll take the plunge next time I need to re-up on juice.

Top Bottom