• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Pimpwerx

Apollo e-cigs has their 5 juice sample pack for $9.95 with promo code TRYME. If you're like me and missed the $2 sample deal, then this is probably just as good. I believe each sample bottle is 5mL, so essentially 25mL for $12 shipped. I'm ordering pretty much all their sweetest flavors available. This will give me a total of 8 different juices in all, when this arrives. I ordered Baja Burst, Berry Blend, Mango Peach, Watermelon and Razzle.

I feel this is definitely my last e-cig related purchase until I figure out which 510 setup I want to get for going out. I'm open to suggestions on batts, clearos and cartos. PEACE.

I haven't smoked a cigarette in 6 days now. That's the longest I've gone without a cigarette in six years, when I quit for 5 months using the nicorette gum. This vaping thing is amazing. Finally, FINALLY, I might be free from smoking cigarettes. Whenever I get the urge for a cig I vape and it completely satisfies, and it's actually better!

I started with Halo G6 which has been very good, but then I got the cheap blister pack ego kit from MyFreedomSmokes. Only $15 bucks (plus $5 shipping) for a CE4 clearomizer, the 650 mAh v.v. battery, and a USB charger. I know there are better clearos than the CE4 but for me as a noob it's pretty nice. Great vapes from the thing. Manual batteries are so much better too.

I ordered one for my mom now, she's going to try it.

I got my eye on a Vision Spinner and a Smoktech Pyrex Aro and eventually a Kanger Mini Protank V2 when that becomes readily available. After that I want to settle in and stop buying stuff for awhile, besides liquid.

Got Boba's Bounty on the way.

TheExodu5

Banned
I definitely recommend the iClear 16 for a good alternative to a CE4. Trying it out now and it works great. No hassle, and it wicks really well. A bit pricier, though.

I still have yet to try an EVOD though.

Got my Empire K100 in from FastTech. This thing is really cool. Tiny. Feels well build. And I like the trigger on the bottom.

Here it is in 18490 mode next to a Provari Mini. IGO-W on top at 1.2ohms.

sK63gjJ.jpg

Allforce

Well my first battery bit the dust today, my 2 year old grabbed it off the table and my wife tried to grab it back and the whole thing split in two. Circuit boards and battery and wires everywhere. I didn't deem it worth salvaging so I just trashed it.

Thank goodness for FastTech! Might be time to experiment with something new...

Joe

If MVS is out of stuff I will use VaporBeast.com.

They ship fast and will have by Friday if ordered today.

Also, GotVapes is pretty quick and reliable.

thanks dudes! by the time you replied though i had already placed my order with sweet-vapes though. happy to say that i received it today. i ordered 6 different flavors but havent tried any yet although they smell amazing.

a couple weeks ago i ordered a mini vivi nova....well myvaporstore sent me the regular vivi nova by accident. i didnt return it because i needed SOMETHING but it looked completely crazy without the the threading adapter. i ordered one and received it today, put it on, and damn i like the look a lot

i might have to get change the plastic tube to the smoked black color to complete the look.

Pete Rock

I haven't smoked a cigarette in 6 days now. That's the longest I've gone without a cigarette in six years, when I quit for 5 months using the nicorette gum. This vaping thing is amazing. Finally, FINALLY, I might be free from smoking cigarettes. Whenever I get the urge for a cig I vape and it completely satisfies, and it's actually better!

I ordered one for my mom now, she's going to try it.
Congratulations, keep a good thing going!

Got my Empire K100 in from FastTech. This thing is really cool. Tiny. Feels well build. And I like the trigger on the bottom.

Looks great, I love that combination!

abstemious

Neo Member
Is there any tank setup that can come close to that, though? My iClear 30 is nowhere near that. That vide on the other hand is actually is pretty similar to a hookah output.

If you really want to do that you'll need a rebuildable and a drill. He's turned a 1.5mm hole into two 5mm holes by the look of it and built a dual coil inside. You wouldn't have the space for the coils or enough room for the air holes in something like the iClear 30.

If you try that be warned your juice will lose almost all it's flavour.

abstemious

Neo Member

To be honest I don't think it's that good an idea to recommend a k100 here. It's a cheap clone of the Empire mod. Piracy is rightly frowned upon on the gaming side of the forums and a Chinese company making cheap copies of another company's design is the same thing.

Pimpwerx

To be honest I don't think it's that good an idea to recommend a k100 here. It's a cheap clone of the Empire mod. Piracy is rightly frowned upon on the gaming side of the forums and a Chinese company making cheap copies of another company's design is the same thing.

Not the same thing at all. Chinese knockoffs are great for saving money. Why pay full price when a knockoff will do all the same things for a fraction of the cost? PEACE.

abstemious

Neo Member
Not the same thing at all. Chinese knockoffs are great for saving money. Why pay full price when a knockoff will do all the same things for a fraction of the cost? PEACE.

Why buy a computer game when I can torrent it for free? It's exactly the same in my book and not something that should be encouraged. There is plenty of Chinese gear that isn't a cloned copy of someone else's product that is readily available and works just as well.

People will buy what they will buy and often times sites have their own version of what is claimed to be someone elses product or things will be mislabeled. Most of the hardware whether it be attys, mods, vv/vws, what have you... are all actually built in China. Whether or not they're original designs that one particular business pioneered or was involved closely with a design of is hard to really know for certain. These businesses don't seem to be trademarking or patenting their designs so it's all really murky.

In any case, I think we should try to refrain from discussion of this sort simply because it's not really fitting with purpose we've been aiming for with the thread, which is helping other people get off and stay off analogs. Whether the device a person uses is a knockoff, a tiny 510 battery or a hand carved wood body vv/vw doesn't matter as long as they're off the cancer sticks imo. The other stuff takes a back seat to that in my book.

daw840

People will buy what they will buy and often times sites have their own version of what is claimed to be someone elses product or things will be mislabeled. Most of the hardware whether it be attys, mods, vv/vws, what have you... are all actually built in China. Whether or not they're original designs that one particular business pioneered or was involved closely with a design of is hard to really know for certain. These businesses don't seem to be trademarking or patenting their designs so it's all really murky.

In any case, I think we should try to refrain from discussion of this sort simply because it's not really fitting with purpose we've been aiming for with the thread, which is helping other people get off and stay off analogs. Whether the device a person uses is a knockoff, a tiny 510 battery or a hand carved wood body vv/vw doesn't matter as long as they're off the cancer sticks imo. The other stuff takes a back seat to that in my book.

Agreed

abstemious

Neo Member

I would agree that the main thing is people stay off cigarettes, but it's simply not true that the majority of designs stolen are from other Chinese companies. The innovation driving vaping forward is all coming from either sole traders or small businesses predominately in Europe and America and increasingly in other parts of Asia. These people are seeing their livelihood stolen by Chinese factories that produce low quality copies of their designs at a fraction of the cost. Indeed the specific item we are talking about here is a Chinese knock off of a mod that was designed and built in America.

People may not feel that cloning is an issue, but they should be informed consumers and make that choice for themselves. Glossing over it or not even acknowledging it is harmful to vaping as a whole. The issue isn't murky at all when it comes to things like the K100 and to be honest when there are so many original things coming out of China there is no reason to buy a cheap clone at all.

I would agree that the main thing is people stay off cigarettes, but it's simply not true that the majority of designs stolen are from other Chinese companies. The innovation driving vaping forward is all coming from either sole traders or small businesses predominately in Europe and America and increasingly in other parts of Asia. These people are seeing their livelihood stolen by Chinese factories that produce low quality copies of their designs at a fraction of the cost. Indeed the specific item we are talking about here is a Chinese knock off of a mod that was designed and built in America.

People may not feel that cloning is an issue, but they should be informed consumers and make that choice for themselves. Glossing over it or not even acknowledging it is harmful to vaping as a whole. The issue isn't murky at all when it comes to things like the K100 and to be honest when there are so many original things coming out of China there is no reason to buy a cheap clone at all.

Except for PRICE.

I'm sorry but these new guys who have designed their own stuff (Russian, Kayfun, Ithaka, etc.) are insane to charge almost $200!!!!

I understand those setups are complicated to engineer, but what about the Trident, Fatty RBA, and others that are no frills setups. Almost $100 for each of those.

Its insulting, I dont care how much "craftmanship" goes into it.

You have companies like Innokin, or the ones who make the IGO line of RDAs that are competitively priced. I'll buy the originals of those every day. But I'm not spending over $150 on an atty.

I spent $200 on my Provari Mini and i'm sorry... it was a waste for its lack of features and terrible menu system.

I didn't say that they were stolen from other Chinese companies. I said they were made there, as in manufactured in China. And what is murky is the claims of X product is an X site exclusive, X branded versions of products and things of that nature. A lot of the businesses that create these things simply don't have the ability to do in-house manufacturing so they outsource to China. The contractual obligations of such things isn't clear. Add to that, that many people simply don't know about every product. They don't know which of two similar products came first. They may not know that an "original" version even exists.

Comparing buying a mod clone to piracy is harsh considering it's very much the Wild West in terms of Mod construction. Any user can unknowingly purchase a clone simply because the "original" isn't widely known and isn't carried through a wide variety of vendors. New mods are created and constructed all the time. Calling people out is basically shaming them when there's no way to stay up to date and fully educated without devoting a massive amount of time to it. It's discouraging when the purpose of the thread is to encourage people to get away from smoking analogs.

Then there's the question of where to draw the line. Can we only post Ego products and not Ego clones? Only Twists and not Spinners? What about all the CE variations? Getting into the specifics of every single product that's out there is extremely time consuming and in many cases it's nearly impossible to tell who made what first. So while the case of the Empire mod may be clear*, it's not in many, many other cases.

*Keep in mind that I made my post stating my stance speaking in very general terms and only once the conversation started turning towards the shaming of the purchase of any cloned product.

Sidenote: I had never even heard of the Empire mod yet had heard of the clone, though I'm not what I would consider a Enthusiast level vaper. I've got 3 batteries, stick to 2-3 tanks/cartos and don't order large amounts of juice.

If you want to take the time to post information on all original versions of products and warn others about the existence of clones, that's one thing. But taking a stand on clones and saying that they can't be mentioned here when there's no reasonable way for the average Vaper to know what is or isn't a clone is a harsh stance to take especially considering that the purpose of the thread isn't necessarily to show off mods or even to suggest mods (keep in mind, the poster in question didn't recommend his device, he simply informed us of his purchase). I'm not saying the practice of cloning is ok. I'm saying it's a convoluted situation from a purchasers point of view.

TL:DR If you or anyone else wants to take the time to educate those who read the thread on what are Original devices and to take the time to warn about clones, then great! But placing a moratorium on the mention or picture posting of all cloned devices is an extreme step given the unregulated nature of the hardware side of vaping. It will cause more harm than good given the purpose of the thread.

abstemious

Neo Member
Except for PRICE.

I'm sorry but these new guys who have designed their own stuff (Russian, Kayfun, Ithaka, etc.) are insane to charge almost $200!!!!

I understand those setups are complicated to engineer, but what about the Trident, Fatty RBA, and others that are no frills setups. Almost $100 for each of those.

Its insulting, I dont care how much "craftmanship" goes into it.

You have companies like Innokin, or the ones who make the IGO line of RDAs that are competitively priced. I'll buy the originals of those every day. But I'm not spending over $150 on an atty.

I spent $200 on my Provari Mini and i'm sorry... it was a waste for its lack of features and terrible menu system.

For the record I'm not saying people have to spend large sums of money on stuff that isn't manufactured in China. There are plenty of things that are available at a low cost that are not based off of 100% stolen designs, such as Innokins and Igo products as you mention.

The question the value of vaping gear is all relative. I spent more than $100 a week on cigarettes at UK prices and pretty much just set that money on fire. An atty I bought from the guy that made it was $210. He spent over 8 hours manually making each part on a lathe. You might not think that craftsmanship counts for much but that is phenomenally good value in my book.

Higher end vaping gear holds it's value incredibly well and I can sell pretty much everything I own for either what I paid for it or up to at least 90% of the cost even after over a year or more of ownership. Also most higher end kit comes with lifetime warranties. Someone I know recently sent something back to the manufacturer after over two years of use and he fixed an issue with the atty free of charge.

By the way you mentioned the Russian. That is actually a clone of the kayfun and the RRP is less than $10 different from the price of a Kayfun Lite. Would you buy a pirated video game for $10 less than RRP? I do agree with you the Provari is overpriced for what it is though.

For the record I'm not saying people have to spend large sums of money on stuff that isn't manufactured in China. There are plenty of things that are available at a low cost that are not based off of 100% stolen designs, such as Innokins and Igo products as you mention.

The question the value of vaping gear is all relative. I spent more than $100 a week on cigarettes at UK prices and pretty much just set that money on fire. An atty I bought from the guy that made it was $210. He spent over 8 hours manually making each part on a lathe. You might not think that craftsmanship counts for much but that is phenomenally good value in my book.

Higher end vaping gear holds it's value incredibly well and I can sell pretty much everything I own for either what I paid for it or up to at least 90% of the cost even after over a year or more of ownership. Also most higher end kit comes with lifetime warranties. Someone I know recently sent something back to the manufacturer after over two years of use and he fixed an issue with the atty free of charge.

By the way you mentioned the Russian. That is actually a clone of the kayfun and the RRP is less than $10 different from the price of a Kayfun Lite. Would you buy a pirated video game for $10 less than RRP? I do agree with you the Provari is overpriced for what it is though.

No, because $10 is nothing. And I wouldn't buy a Russin either. But I would buy an Ithaca clone for $35 instead of paying $200 for it.

I'm not sure who's fault it is that the prices aren't lower, maybe its a poor business model by the maker of the Ithica. Maybe he should of gotten some loans, got a patent for his product, shopped around and found a facility to make it cheaper. Maybe then it wouldn't get knocked off so bad.

I understand some Chinese companies will knock off ANYTHING even for a $10 cheaper price tag. But when you are beating the price of the unit by $150 then we have a problem.

abstemious

Neo Member
I agree that it is impossible to get to the bottom of who made the original Ego, CE4, Stardust, Evod, Spinner or whatever else. These will all be cranked out in the same few factories in China for whoever wants them. At least one of the Chinese ecig companies issued a press release a few months ago saying fasttech supplied clones of their products but who know the truth about that.

That being said it is easy to get to the bottom of whether something specific like the K100 is a clone. All you need to do is google "K100 clone" and the first page of results will let you know one way or the other.

Again though, I must stress I have no problem with affordable kit. If I remember correctly I was the first person to link to fast tech in this thread. I just feel ripping off people's hard work is wrong.

As for why Imeo isn't cranking out $35 Ithakas, why isn't rolex making $20 watches or BMW making cheaper cars than Honda? These sole traders/small enterprises keep numbers low so they can produce much higher quality products. They don't take them off a CNC assembly line stick them in a bag and push them out the door. A lot of hand finishing and better quality materials go in to producing these things, not to mention the time spent actually inventing how they work. There are a handful of people that come up with all the big ideas that have moved vaping forward. Without them we would still be direct dripping on to primative devices. Imeo is one of these innovators and he should be rewarded for that.

Pimpwerx

Is the quality of clearos variable? By that, I mean I have 7 CE4s, but not all of them vape the same. I've had two that leak from the bottom hole. I didn't do anything wrong with them either. It's just weird that the build quality can vary so much.

I've tried two of the Apollo juices so far, Watermelon and Baja Burst. Sorry Wallach, I'm not as enamored with Baja Burst as you are. I prefer the Hangsen Mint juice I got from FastTech more than it. I will say this though, the Apollo juices produce tons of vapor. They don't give as good of a throat hit, but they vape readily. I can pull half as hard and half as long and still produce twice the vapor of the Hangsen. I like that part of it. Not sure how I feel about the throat hit though. The Hangsen gives a great throat hit, where I find I puff on it less than I do the Apollos. It feels more like smoking a cigarette.

Anyway, the EVOD hasn't come in yet, so I'll probably rotate between the Watermelon and Mint while I wait for the order to arrive. I might try the Baja Burst again to see if my opinion changes. Do any of the Apollo juices need to be steeped first? Maybe that'll get more of the flavor out of the Baja Burst. The Watermelon and Mint certainly taste stronger.

Lastly, I tried cleaning the first CE4 I used, but I destroyed the coil while dry-burning. I think I mistook the condensation in the tube as an indicator that the wicks were still wet, but they must have been quite dry already. Anyway, live and learn. I can always use the two leaking CE4s to test out different cleaning techniques next week. I used the water and dry burn method I saw on some YT videos. Any advice on the dry burning? Is there a certain amount of break time you're supposed to let it cool down between the 2-3second bursts? Am I supposed to stop dry burning once I see the coil glowing red? I think I kept dry burning a few minutes too long and that's what did it in. PEACE.

abstemious

Neo Member
Is the quality of clearos variable? By that, I mean I have 7 CE4s, but not all of them vape the same. I've had two that leak from the bottom hole. I didn't do anything wrong with them either. It's just weird that the build quality can vary so much.

I've tried two of the Apollo juices so far, Watermelon and Baja Burst. Sorry Wallach, I'm not as enamored with Baja Burst as you are. I prefer the Hangsen Mint juice I got from FastTech more than it. I will say this though, the Apollo juices produce tons of vapor. They don't give as good of a throat hit, but they vape readily. I can pull half as hard and half as long and still produce twice the vapor of the Hangsen. I like that part of it. Not sure how I feel about the throat hit though. The Hangsen gives a great throat hit, where I find I puff on it less than I do the Apollos. It feels more like smoking a cigarette.

Anyway, the EVOD hasn't come in yet, so I'll probably rotate between the Watermelon and Mint while I wait for the order to arrive. I might try the Baja Burst again to see if my opinion changes. Do any of the Apollo juices need to be steeped first? Maybe that'll get more of the flavor out of the Baja Burst. The Watermelon and Mint certainly taste stronger.

Lastly, I tried cleaning the first CE4 I used, but I destroyed the coil while dry-burning. I think I mistook the condensation in the tube as an indicator that the wicks were still wet, but they must have been quite dry already. Anyway, live and learn. I can always use the two leaking CE4s to test out different cleaning techniques next week. I used the water and dry burn method I saw on some YT videos. Any advice on the dry burning? Is there a certain amount of break time you're supposed to let it cool down between the 2-3second bursts? Am I supposed to stop dry burning once I see the coil glowing red? I think I kept dry burning a few minutes too long and that's what did it in. PEACE.

For your leaking have a look for any O-rings that have got loose around the central tube that brings air up from the bottom.

The difference you notice in the vapour production and throat hit is likely to do with the PG/VG mix. Roughly speaking VG heavy mixes give more vapour, PG heavy give more flavour and TH. I don't really have much of a preference and usually go 70/30 either way.

I always find dry burning can leave a residual burnt taste on silica. I would leave it to dry naturally over night if you have a spare. If you are dry burning, pulse little and often and leave the coil to cool a bit. You want it to go red, but you don't want it held down like that for long before cooling.

Pimpwerx

For your leaking have a look for any O-rings that have got loose around the central tube that brings air up from the bottom.

The difference you notice in the vapour production and throat hit is likely to do with the PG/VG mix. Roughly speaking VG heavy mixes give more vapour, PG heavy give more flavour and TH. I don't really have much of a preference and usually go 70/30 either way.

I always find dry burning can leave a residual burnt taste on silica. I would leave it to dry naturally over night if you have a spare. If you are dry burning, pulse little and often and leave the coil to cool a bit. You want it to go red, but you don't want it held down like that for long before cooling.

Thanks man. I find that the CE4s vape better when I remove the o-ring on the inside of the clearomizer, but leave the one on the drip tip. I only noticed this last night, but I found that when I removed that extra o-ring, they all pulled a lot better. Oddly enough, the two that leaked did so with that o-ring in there. I removed it and they're still leaking. Not sure what to make of it. It seems like the o-ring on the drip tip is the only necessary one. Am I wrong?

Also, I'll try your advice on dry-burning. I went way overboard with it. The clearo needed cleaning though, so if I didn't clean it, I was gonna throw it away anyway. So it wasn't a major loss, but I'd like to be able to clean them in the future without destroying them.

It seems Apollo juices are 60/40, while the Hangsen is 80/20. I had no idea. That explains a lot. I think I might look for some 70/30 juices for a perfect mix. Now that I look, the two juices I ordered from FastTech are 70/30, so I'll get a better idea when they arrive. PEACE.

abstemious

Neo Member
Thanks man. I find that the CE4s vape better when I remove the o-ring on the inside of the clearomizer, but leave the one on the drip tip. I only noticed this last night, but I found that when I removed that extra o-ring, they all pulled a lot better. Oddly enough, the two that leaked did so with that o-ring in there. I removed it and they're still leaking. Not sure what to make of it. It seems like the o-ring on the drip tip is the only necessary one. Am I wrong?

Also, I'll try your advice on dry-burning. I went way overboard with it. The clearo needed cleaning though, so if I didn't clean it, I was gonna throw it away anyway. So it wasn't a major loss, but I'd like to be able to clean them in the future without destroying them.

It seems Apollo juices are 60/40, while the Hangsen is 80/20. I had no idea. That explains a lot. I think I might look for some 70/30 juices for a perfect mix. Now that I look, the two juices I ordered from FastTech are 70/30, so I'll get a better idea when they arrive. PEACE.

It's been a while since I saw one but from memory there are two o-rings as you say. The one on the drip tip provides a little resistance so the tip doesn't keep falling out and it stops juice coming out the top. I thought the other one was a thin silicone one that sat around the central chimney to stop any juice going down and leaking out the air hole at the bottom. If that is gone or out of place if you tip the level of juice above where the chimney ends you'll get a little leakage. Bth are necessary for different things.

If only a little bit of liquid came out the bottom it is also possible it's condensation from the drip tip running back down. That's just a guess as I wouldn't know if that is typical with them.

I think evods really are a better deal than the CE4s as it easier to swap bits about on them. If the base or coil goes you can either repair it with some easy fiddling, replace it to even just keep hold of the tank in case a juice cracks one of your other ones in the future. From memory CE4s are much more disposable.

Help me out NeoGAF. Where can I buy a genuine, non-generic Ego C Twist and have it shipped to Canada?

Are there other models you guys recommend? I need something powerful with a very strong throat hit. I was a pack-a-day smoker two weeks ago and haven't touched an analog cigarette since getting a my crappy generic e cig, but I need something more powerful.

I built my first dual-coil setup last night. Used Ekowool and 28gauge kanthal. Came out to about 1.1 ohms.

Wow is that throat hit vicious. I can't even use my 6mg juice with it, I have to dilute it with 0mg juice.

Not sure I'll ever build another one, just too much.

Maybe I'll try building it with higher ohms? Maybe 1.3-1.5. I dunno.

Broseybrose

Im so in love with my IGO-L.

When I started vaping three years ago, dripping was the only method of vaping that satisfied. I debriged a lot of joye 510 attys over the years. Like the rest of the vapers, i moved to clearos like the EVOD.

But now I have this rebuildable atty that is just perfect. I bored my airhole to 1/16". I keep my coils between 1-2 ohms, and im just so satisfied every time i vape it!

I picked up a KTS+ mech mod for it, but I really do prefer it on my VAMO V3.

I still use EVODs on eGo Twists for on the go, but i do love my IGO-L.

daw840

Why do you guys keep the OHM levels so low on these rebuildables? I thought the whole point of a MOD was that you could run really high OHM attys at much higher voltages.

DaFish

Why do you guys keep the OHM levels so low on these rebuildables? I thought the whole point of a MOD was that you could run really high OHM attys at much higher voltages.

If you have a mech mod you will only get 4.2 volts at the most (without a kick)

Noooo. Complete opposite. Since mechs are putting out only ~3.7 volts, you have to have a low ohm coil.

And sub-ohms and micro-coils are all the rage now. Anything less than 1.0 ohms.

abstemious

Neo Member
Low ohm vaping can be pretty intense and produce massive plumes of vapour. Going below one ohm on a mechanical can easily get you above 20 watts and no regulated vaping device can match that.

abstemious

Neo Member
It's also worth noting it's not all about the ohms of the coil. The guage of wire and thus the number of coils and their spacing also factor in. There aren't hard and fast rules about what's better as so much of it is down to personal preference.

I definitely recommend the iClear 16 for a good alternative to a CE4. Trying it out now and it works great. No hassle, and it wicks really well. A bit pricier, though.

I still have yet to try an EVOD though.

I just got the iClear 16. The thing is pretty beastly I must say. I get very warm vapes which I like.

I also got the Smoktech Pyrex Aro and it's a great tank so far. Built like a tank. It is my first bottom coil and I'm finding I'm not as much of a fan of the cooler vape. It's also a bit airy which I'm not used to. But the vapor production is immense and overall I like it. It's a nice piece. Then again, I have Boba's Bounty in it which is 100% VG.

I also got a Vision Spinner 1300 battery, stainless steel. Love it. Looks cool on the red Aro. Wouldn't walk around in public with that setup though.

Got my Protank 2 in yesterday. Saving it for a batch of my favorite juice that's on the way. This sucker is definitely heaftier than anything I've used before. I'll have to find something to hold my batteries upright securely if I'm going to use this. I knock my devices over all the time but I've never had a glass tank before so I'm hoping I can prevent that from happening. Seen a couple holders but theyr'e all for standard Ego width and I have a wide Vision Spinner. ;/

Pimpwerx

Anyone here make their own juices? I was thinking about giving that a try, just for shits and giggles.

I've been vaping the Apollo watermelon every day. Rotating between that and the Hangsen mint. I really wish the watermelon was 70/30 or 80/20, because I like it. But the throat hit really isn't there at 60/40. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Heads-up to anyone ordering from FastTech. Custom is being a bitch, so there might be significant delays in shipments. I ordered mine on 9/9, and apparently on 9/10 HK shipping started scrutinizing packages, and now I'm in a holding pattern. There's a good chance it'll get returned to them, at which point they say they'll refund me. I'm a little annoyed, but this isn't the first time I've had something like this happen with a shipment from China. I've bought a few things on eBay from Chinese vendors and had long waits due to customs.

They have this info on their website, and say they've changed shipping companies to another that's supposedly not having the same issues. Supposedly new orders might not have the same problems, but I say tread lightly. This just means I'm gonna spend more time with my CE4s, but whatever. I want that EVOD already so I can see how much better bottom coils are.

Also, I'm getting serious about making my own juices. It looks incredibly easy, and there are calculators available online to assist. I probably won't do it until next month, because I have plenty of juice right now, but if I find I can make juice with the throat hit I want, that has stronger flavor than what I have now, then I might consider going into business. It's still a pretty young industry, so it could be interesting.

Lastly, I hope it's not inappropriate for this thread, but I have been vaping a lot more than before. About 0.8-1mL per day. Whereas my battery lasted 10 days the first week, the last charge only lasted 3 days. I was confused about why this was happening, and realized it's because I quit smoking weed a week ago. So my e-cig is currently keeping two different cravings at bay. I'm impressed. It's a wonderful knock-on effect for me. Just thought I'd share. This thread is literally a lifesaver. PEACE.

Pete Rock

Heads-up to anyone ordering from FastTech. Custom is being a bitch, so there might be significant delays in shipments.
Yeah, lame indeed.

Also, I'm getting serious about making my own juices. It looks incredibly easy, and there are calculators available online to assist. I probably won't do it until next month, because I have plenty of juice right now, but if I find I can make juice with the throat hit I want, that has stronger flavor than what I have now, then I might consider going into business. It's still a pretty young industry, so it could be interesting.
I don't know, I've got about $80 worth of the garbage laying around and I need to gift it to someone on ECF or something. It is just not worth screwing around with in my experience. I've got 500ml of 100mg/ml Nicotine VG, flavorings, pure VG and every time I tried to make something it tasted like shit. Three different flavors from three different companies. Blech.

I went to a local vape shop (one of two, thinking about making that number three...) and the guy was only selling regionally produced smoke juice, as in in our local metro area. JC is barely 3 hours away and makes the highest end juice and the guy had never heard of them because he's too busy trying to hawk his friends garbage. I thought it was pretty weak, particularly considering they all tasted like garbage.

If you want to quit and stay quit you need the right hardware and juice, and screwing around with DIY juicing just prolonged my agony and hesitation on locking in a better habit. YMMV, good luck.

I was confused about why this was happening, and realized it's because I quit smoking weed a week ago.
If you just want to avoid smoking look into vaporizing concentrates. I hear the 7.4V Hercules is a champ... if you needed to quit for other reasons, bummer.

Acid08

Banned
Got some juice from GotVapes, it has a plastic/rubber aftertaste, not great. I let it steep for a week too which they recommend.

Broseybrose

Yeah, lame indeed.

I don't know, I've got about $80 worth of the garbage laying around and I need to gift it to someone on ECF or something. It is just not worth screwing around with in my experience. I've got 500ml of 100mg/ml Nicotine VG, flavorings, pure VG and every time I tried to make something it tasted like shit. Three different flavors from three different companies. Blech.

I went to a local vape shop (one of two, thinking about making that number three...) and the guy was only selling regionally produced smoke juice, as in in our local metro area. JC is barely 3 hours away and makes the highest end juice and the guy had never heard of them because he's too busy trying to hawk his friends garbage. I thought it was pretty weak, particularly considering they all tasted like garbage.

If you want to quit and stay quit you need the right hardware and juice, and screwing around with DIY juicing just prolonged my agony and hesitation on locking in a better habit. YMMV, good luck.

If you just want to avoid smoking look into vaporizing concentrates. I hear the 7.4V Hercules is a champ... if you needed to quit for other reasons, bummer.

The way I figure it, is there are so many juice vendors out there that specialize in making the highest quality, best tasting nicotine juice possible, and they are doing a fantastic job at it. Its not like Im going to spend money on stuff to play around and mix with, I dont have the time or inclination. But I will build a new coil for my IGO every once in a while.

I also have 2 packages stuck in Hong Kong since Sep 6-7. I dont expect to ever get them, they both contain batteries.

Top Bottom