• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Is there a good tutorial for cleaning clearo's out there?

I tried cleaning a couple but they never really worked the same again. Got weak pulls after.

There's a few different techniques that people use. I've never really had success. Some people just rinse with water and let it dry. Some rinse with Rubbing Alcohol and then water and let it dry. Some people use either of the previous techniques and then try the "dry burn" of activating the switch with no juice to dry it faster (which can burn your attys and spoil the taste forever if done too much). I'm sure other posters in the thread can give you their techniques if they do it though.

Pimpwerx

I'd highly recommend looking into the MVP. It isn't a tube mod (it's basically the same shape as an iPhone, but slightly shorter and thicker) but it's one of the cheapest regulated mods out there with high compatibility, huge battery life and good standard features (variable voltage and wattage, resistance checker, built-in protection). Unlike most of the cheaper-end regulated devices that use really lame 33.3Hz PWM chips, the MVP outputs a flat, consistent signal (similar to devices like the Provari). To boot you don't have to buy any external batteries or charger since the battery is built into the device like a smartphone, and the battery life will stomp all over any 18650-powered device. You should be able to get one of the new v2 models - and make sure to get that one since it has the resistance checker and VW - for around $60 shipped. I'm pretty sure Mt. Baker vapor is selling them for around that price, maybe with a coupon or something.

Unless you are really turned off by the square form-factor, I don't think there is a better value out there right now in terms of stepping up from an eGo-size device.

Thanks for the reco. I'm gonna try and hit up a local vape shop to see if I can hold some of them in my hands. I've heard good things about the MVP v2, and holy hell that 2600mAh battery should definitely do the trick. The larger clearo should also hit the spot. I just want to make sure the ergonomics are right. Whichever mod I buy needs to be comfy in my hand with easy access to the button.

Not sure how I feel about the clearo being top-coil, though, even with the extra wicks. I'm convinced that I want to avoid all top coils from now on, but we'll see. I need to try the EVOD first before passing judgement.

There's a few different techniques that people use. I've never really had success. Some people just rinse with water and let it dry. Some rinse with Rubbing Alcohol and then water and let it dry. Some people use either of the previous techniques and then try the "dry burn" of activating the switch with no juice to dry it faster (which can burn your attys and spoil the taste forever if done too much). I'm sure other posters in the thread can give you their techniques if they do it though.
Yeah, I'd avoid the dry burning, as I destroyed the coil in the one clearo I tried to clean. I've started getting that burnt taste regularly with another one, though, so I'm gonna try the rubbing alcohol + water + air drying method on that one. Since the CE4s aren't rebuildable, I'll just have to cross my fingers that the pull stays the same. PEACE.

Wallach

Thanks for the reco. I'm gonna try and hit up a local vape shop to see if I can hold some of them in my hands. I've heard good things about the MVP v2, and holy hell that 2600mAh battery should definitely do the trick. The larger clearo should also hit the spot. I just want to make sure the ergonomics are right. Whichever mod I buy needs to be comfy in my hand with easy access to the button.

Not sure how I feel about the clearo being top-coil, though, even with the extra wicks. I'm convinced that I want to avoid all top coils from now on, but we'll see. I need to try the EVOD first before passing judgement.

I'm not sure either, my iClears won't arrive until the end of the week. If it doesn't work well enough though, you can still use whatever you want on there like any other mod.

I'm a little tired of my Kanger stuff due to the cool vapor and very open airflow, so I hope they're good. If the iClear isn't what I'm looking for I'll probably just pick up an IGO-L or something and go the cotton/micro-coil route.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'd highly recommend looking into the MVP. It isn't a tube mod (it's basically the same shape as an iPhone, but slightly shorter and thicker) but it's one of the cheapest regulated mods out there with high compatibility, huge battery life and good standard features (variable voltage and wattage, resistance checker, built-in protection). Unlike most of the cheaper-end regulated devices that use really lame 33.3Hz PWM chips, the MVP outputs a flat, consistent signal (similar to devices like the Provari). To boot you don't have to buy any external batteries or charger since the battery is built into the device like a smartphone, and the battery life will stomp all over any 18650-powered device. You should be able to get one of the new v2 models - and make sure to get that one since it has the resistance checker and VW - for around $60 shipped. I'm pretty sure Mt. Baker vapor is selling them for around that price, maybe with a coupon or something.

Unless you are really turned off by the square form-factor, I don't think there is a better value out there right now in terms of stepping up from an eGo-size device.

The MVP 2 is 2600mAh...not that I have any data to back up my assumptions, but how could that fare better than the 3400mAh Panasonic batteries I use in my iTaste SVD?

Wallach

The MVP 2 is 2600mAh...not that I have any data to back up my assumptions, but how could that fare better than the 3400mAh Panasonic batteries I use in my iTaste SVD?

I was actually wondering that myself; every review of the device (both the v1 and the v2) made it pretty clear that it had around 2 full days of battery life per charge, but the specs only claim 2600 mAh. I came across this old MVP review and the guy does a teardown of the guts on the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqjuXs2536g

Around 8:50 is when everything exposed. When he looks at the battery, he says it is labeled 2200 mAh, but there are two flat-stacked batteries secured together. I'm not sure how they come up with the 2600 mAh figure but there's no real way that's accurate, especially with how everyone reports the battery life. My best guess is they are running two 2200 mAh batteries in-line so they're only working half-duty.

Broseybrose

I think that anyone who's into vaping should pick up an IGO-L, some 28ga wire, and some TWIK Ekowool. Or any RDA, really, just for the experience of building your own coils and wicks. Make sure you have an ohm-meter though!

Also to those interested in vaporizing THC oil, another place to look is thermovape.com.

Edit just found this coupon at Vapor Joe's.

VaporJoe said:
BLOWOUT: Mtbakervapor $4.49 for 15ml (coupon: vaporfrombaker)
>>> http://vaporjoes.com/mails/mail.cgi/r/Vaporjoes/205048257351/

Pete Rock

Yep, rebuild or bust! Once my friends want something more than their dripping IGO-W's I am going to buy color matched i-atty clones for their K100s.

Just tried Marcado from Johnson Creek, and I must say, if you used to smoke cloves or like that flavor, this is it. Full stop. Soooooo gooood! Definitely putting it in the rotation with their Tennessee Cured & Vanda.

Dropped strength to 1.1% from 2.4% and I have to say everything tastes so much more pronounced without the extra nicotine "burn" on the tongue. Now I need to order some 0 for after dinner, so I don't keep myself up at night from dessert vaping. Planning on stepping off it eventually altogether. I enjoy not smoking way more than I ever enjoyed smoking. Vape4lyf!

TheExodu5

Banned
Really am tempted in getting the MVP. I quite like the form factor. PBusardo's complaints about the button have me worries though. It takes over 2 lbs or pressure to press the button whereas other usual devices are under 1 lbs. Seems like that might be a dealbreaker for me. I really would have to try it.

Yep, rebuild or bust! Once my friends want something more than their dripping IGO-W's I am going to buy color matched i-atty clones for their K100s.

Just tried Marcado from Johnson Creek, and I must say, if you used to smoke cloves or like that flavor, this is it. Full stop. Soooooo gooood! Definitely putting it in the rotation with their Tennessee Cured & Vanda.

Dropped strength to 1.1% from 2.4% and I have to say everything tastes so much more pronounced without the extra nicotine "burn" on the tongue. Now I need to order some 0 for after dinner, so I don't keep myself up at night from dessert vaping. Planning on stepping off it eventually altogether. I enjoy not smoking way more than I ever enjoyed smoking. Vape4lyf!

If you've never tried 0, you might find it a bit disappointing. I like 4-6mg, personally. Without any nic you can't really feel the vapor at all which kind of diminishes the satisfaction of vaping.

Wallach

Really am tempted in getting the MVP. I quite like the form factor. PBusardo's complaints about the button have me worries though. It takes over 2 lbs or pressure to press the button whereas other usual devices are under 1 lbs. Seems like that might be a dealbreaker for me. I really would have to try it.

I should have my v2 in by the end of the week so I will let you know how it is compared to a Twist. From what PBusardo said in his comments, Innokin claims only the first production batch (200-something units) had that issue with the button.

TheExodu5

Banned
I should have my v2 in by the end of the week so I will let you know how it is compared to a Twist. From what PBusardo said in his comments, Innokin claims only the first production batch (200-something units) had that issue with the button.

Great to know. Here's hoping Fasttech gets them in once they're off Holiday.

Acid08

Banned
Got my ECBlends order in. Really nicely packaged and threw in a sample of extra liquid and a 20% discount code for my next order.

1. These Smoktech Aro clearos are awesome. They're made of Pyrex so the horrible problems I had before with plastic tanks should be solved.

2. The menthol liquid I ordered has sooooo much throat hit. Can only take small puffs but it tastes good. Going to try the Manga Cola in a minute.

Pimpwerx

Got my FT order in today. Once the orders clear Hong Kong, they arrive very fast. The satin-red eGo-C and matching EVOD looks very nice together, for those into aesthetics. I have it on the charger right now. It's a 650.

The 650mAh eGo-C + EVOD together is a tiny bit shorter than the 1100mAh eGo-T + CE4 together. Not quite the size reduction I was looking for, but whatever. Unlike the 510 threading on the CE4s, the eGo threading on the EVOD makes me slightly nervous screwing it on to the battery. I can screw the CE4s on easily, with light pressure, and it stops easily, so I never overtighten. The eGo threading is a bit less exact IMO, and I'm slightly nervous about overtightening. Probably just my paranoia after seeing so many warnings on here.

I've seen some mention about removing wicks on the EVOD. Is that recommended or necessary?

Also, what voltage should I start out at with the eGo-C? It's supposed to have a 2.6ohm coil in it. Should I even worry about this right now, or just wing it? LOL!

Lastly, be wary of the replacement coils you order from FT. They're not labeled on the packets. I had to look up the SKU, which is the only thing on the packet, and compare to the order list online (the sheet in the package doesn't tell the resistance) to figure it out. I'm gonna mark them with a sharpie. I only got 1.8 and 2.2ohm coils to replace, so I can tinker and see what I prefer.

I got two juices. Mango from Hangsen, and Berry Mix from Liqua. The berry mix smells strong. I'm itching to try it first, but feel I owe it to myself to try a flavor I never had, like mango first. Decisions.... Both are 70/30. PEACE.

Got my FT order in today. Once the orders clear Hong Kong, they arrive very fast. The satin-red eGo-C and matching EVOD looks very nice together, for those into aesthetics. I have it on the charger right now. It's a 650.

The 650mAh eGo-C + EVOD together is a tiny bit shorter than the 1100mAh eGo-T + CE4 together. Not quite the size reduction I was looking for, but whatever. Unlike the 510 threading on the CE4s, the eGo threading on the EVOD makes me slightly nervous screwing it on to the battery. I can screw the CE4s on easily, with light pressure, and it stops easily, so I never overtighten. The eGo threading is a bit less exact IMO, and I'm slightly nervous about overtightening. Probably just my paranoia after seeing so many warnings on here.

I've seen some mention about removing wicks on the EVOD. Is that recommended or necessary?

Also, what voltage should I start out at with the eGo-C? It's supposed to have a 2.6ohm coil in it. Should I even worry about this right now, or just wing it? LOL!

Lastly, be wary of the replacement coils you order from FT. They're not labeled on the packets. I had to look up the SKU, which is the only thing on the packet, and compare to the order list online (the sheet in the package doesn't tell the resistance) to figure it out. I'm gonna mark them with a sharpie. I only got 1.8 and 2.2ohm coils to replace, so I can tinker and see what I prefer.

I got two juices. Mango from Hangsen, and Berry Mix from Liqua. The berry mix smells strong. I'm itching to try it first, but feel I owe it to myself to try a flavor I never had, like mango first. Decisions.... Both are 70/30. PEACE.

Yes, remove the extra wicks while the EVOD is dry, cause you will wind up doing it later anyways.
-- Unscrew the bottom cap of the EVOD
-- Hold tight and pull (wiggle) the grippy handle part and it will pop off.
-- You will see 2 or 3 wicks laying on top of the coil assembly. Remove those extra wicks so you just have the coil assembly.

If you are at 2.6ohms you will prolly want the battery cranked at the max 4.8volts. 2.6 is very high for resistance. In the future, stick with lower resistance stuff.

But its up to you, its not like your heads gonna blow off. Start it at 4 and slowly make your way up. Anything I have that is over 2.5ohms i have the battery maxed at 4.8volts.

Broseybrose

I run my 2.5ohm EVODs at 4.2V on my eGo Twists and Vamo. Its all preference. I also always remove the extra wicks for better wicking on thicker juices.

Hotter = Higher Voltage / Lower Resistance
Cooler = Lower Voltage / Higher Resistance

VictoryRed probably prefers a warmer vape than I.

I run my 2.5ohm EVODs at 4.2V on my eGo Twists and Vamo. Its all preference. I also always remove the extra wicks for better wicking on thicker juices.

Hotter = Higher Voltage / Lower Resistance
Cooler = Lower Voltage / Higher Resistance

VictoryRed probably prefers a warmer vape than I.

I've never found a difference in temperature of the vape, I've always found that I just don't get an acceptable throat hit at such low voltage.

AVE is running a sale now until October 7th. Its only 10% off but will really help if you are stocking up.

They make the world renowned Boba's Bounty.

I really want to order more Boba's, and try their Gorilla Juice but I have soooo much juice at home now that ordering any more would be a sin.

1. These Smoktech Aro clearos are awesome. They're made of Pyrex so the horrible problems I had before with plastic tanks should be solved.

The Aro Pyrex is a smooth vaping device, but I'm having issues with condensation at the base and liquid accumulating in the battery connecter. I've remedied that somewhat by inhaling left over vapor after I release the battery button. Not thrilled with it. I'm wondering if the Protank 2 Mini has the same problems because I want to get that next. I want a reliable Pyrex clearo.

The iClear 16 has been great though after two weeks. I've had NO leaking and beautiful vapes.

Pimpwerx

Questions about the EVOD. I've gone through 1mL or so of the tasty Liqua Berry Mix. The EVOD delivers nice plumes of vapor, and NO TIPPING.

1. I get a slightly burnt taste periodically. Unlike the CE4, it's not because I need to tip the clearo forward to wet the wicks. Is this a common problem? I have no idea why it happens, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I left the flavor wicks in, as I didn't feel like bothering with taking them out on the pre-installed head. I can always remove thme on one of the replacement heads I ordered with it, though. Voltage is set at 4.8V most of the time. Not sure if it's a voltage issue, so I'm trying it at a lower voltage (4V and currently 3.2V).

2. The EVOD's threading isn't as exact as the 510 threaded CE4s, so like I mentioned before, I am uncertain when to stop tightening it. I have to cinch it down really tight now for the pin to make contact with the battery. Are the EVOD pins known to get pushed back when overtightened? Do I need to use pliers to pull the pic back out on the EVOD or on my battery? Is there some rule about how far to tighten it on the battery? I want to avoid this problem in the future. PEACE.

Questions about the EVOD. I've gone through 1mL or so of the tasty Liqua Berry Mix. The EVOD delivers nice plumes of vapor, and NO TIPPING.

1. I get a slightly burnt taste periodically. Unlike the CE4, it's not because I need to tip the clearo forward to wet the wicks. Is this a common problem? I have no idea why it happens, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I left the flavor wicks in, as I didn't feel like bothering with taking them out on the pre-installed head. I can always remove thme on one of the replacement heads I ordered with it, though. Voltage is set at 4.8V most of the time. Not sure if it's a voltage issue, so I'm trying it at a lower voltage (4V and currently 3.2V).

2. The EVOD's threading isn't as exact as the 510 threaded CE4s, so like I mentioned before, I am uncertain when to stop tightening it. I have to cinch it down really tight now for the pin to make contact with the battery. Are the EVOD pins known to get pushed back when overtightened? Do I need to use pliers to pull the pic back out on the EVOD or on my battery? Is there some rule about how far to tighten it on the battery? I want to avoid this problem in the future. PEACE.

1.) Thats why you have to remove the extra wicks!!! LOL. Juice isn't getting down to the "coil assembly" as efficiently as it should. The extra wicks on top are taking away juice from the coil assembly. Not fully saturated coil assembly = dry hit.

2.) I haven't had any pin issues. The threading can be janky, sometimes I have to back it out and screw it down again to get a good contact. Don't worry about over-tightening by hand.

Pimpwerx

1.) Thats why you have to remove the extra wicks!!! LOL. Juice isn't getting down to the "coil assembly" as efficiently as it should. The extra wicks on top are taking away juice from the coil assembly. Not fully saturated coil assembly = dry hit.

2.) I haven't had any pin issues. The threading can be janky, sometimes I have to back it out and screw it down again to get a good contact. Don't worry about over-tightening by hand.

1. Dammit. That'll teach me for not taking good advice. I'm gonna do it right now.

2. Thanks. I'll just keep tightening it if it gives me problems. PEACE.

EDIT: Went to remove the wicks on the pre-installed head. First, I discovered why YOU SHOULD UNSCREW BOTTOM COIL CLEAROMIZERS FROM THE BATTERY WHILE IT'S HELD UPSIDE-DOWN. Got juice everywhere because the clearo opened, because the base didn't loosen. Lesson learned there.

I then pulled what looked like the top wicks, but ended up snatching one of the wicks that run through the coil as well. This resulted in my futzing around with the damn head, adding and removing wicks to try to stop the dry hits AND new-found leaking. In other words, I destroyed the head. So, I ended up junking it and taking my time with one of the new heads I had already ordered.

Turns out the "2.2ohm" head clearly reads 2.5ohm on the side. I don't know if this is FastTech's fault or not, but I don't care. I screwed it in and carefully removed one of the two top wicks. I read that removing one is sufficient, and didn't want another issue with leaking and mess. I put it back together and joy of joys, this baby pulls like a beaut. Delicious cloud after delicious cloud of vapor now. I'm puffing away, and no leaks and no burnt taste.

The replacement heads are better than the pre-installed ones IMO. The nozzle thing has a tighter fit, which means it needs pliers if you want to remove the wick, but I'm fine with that. The contact pin with the battery also provides more surface area for a bigger contact patch. So better contact with the battery. I'm gonna order another 4 or 5 EVODs with a matching number of replacement heads. I'm going to contact FT to make sure they're all 2.5ohm, though, because I think I like that resistance.

To conclude, I love it. Great little clearo that I think I can make a regular. I'll hold off on getting a mod for a little bit while I get more acquainted with the EVOD. Thanks for the help.

Broseybrose

Pimp, if you remove the rubber oring, and then pop the stem loose using a little force, you get a clear top-down view of the coil/wicks, and the extra wicks just fall off. Then you can put the stem and oring back on and youre good to go. Look for a vid on YT on how to remove extra wicks from EVODs if youre still not sure.

Wallach

My MVP v2 arrived today. Early delivery, which is pretty unusual in my small town so that was a nice surprise.

I got the drawbench black version, the one that isn't regular matte but has kind of a carbon fiber finish to it. I'm surprised at how well-built it feels. For the price I'm kind of shocked, it is a little brick of a device. Not as big as I thought it would be from the pictures; the front button lands under your thumb easier than it looked. The button height in the hand is almost exactly the same as my 650 mAh Twist, though the total device is slightly taller as the connection sits about a half inch higher.

As for the button - it's definitely way firmer than my Twist. The best comparison I can make is that the amount of pressure is closer to the volume/power buttons on my iPhone 4, or the buttons on my ASUS monitor. Absolutely a non-issue for me, as it has really great tactility and isn't actually hard to press. I could see it being an issue for folks that have RA or other minor hand strength issues.

I've got the iClear 30 filled up with a tank of Boba's Bounty to put it through the paces. I'm not going to pass judgement on it until I go through a few tanks of juice at least; my only initial impressions right now are that the mouthpiece is kind of large and the draw is fairly tight compared to what I'm used to. The flavor is actually pretty good even on this first tank, though I thought the vapor might be a bit warmer with the dual coils being so close to the mouthpiece. It's not that different from an EVOD to my mouth in terms of temperature.

Zeth

Any recommendations for a USB pass-through? If it doubles as a regular mod, that's a plus.

I've had several cheap ones fail on me recently, and I need a new one. Figured I should ask here before I buy another bad one.

Zeth

Thank you, but that looks like a rebrand of the same one I've been using. I've had 2 die on me after a month or two. Not many other options I can find though, might just have to give it another shot. I've ordered from Hoosier before, good stuff.

I've been vaping Backwoods Brew again. They make one of my favorite coffee flavors. And of course House Blend and Pumpkin Pie are amazing.

Also recently purchased a Kanger Pro-tank (v2 I think?) to compliment my Evods, and it's been great so far. Nice to have a larger capacity tank around.

Pimpwerx

Pimp, if you remove the rubber oring, and then pop the stem loose using a little force, you get a clear top-down view of the coil/wicks, and the extra wicks just fall off. Then you can put the stem and oring back on and youre good to go. Look for a vid on YT on how to remove extra wicks from EVODs if youre still not sure.

Thanks Brosey. I figured it out. Only ruined that one head. I think it's a pattern with me. Fuck things up the first time, study my failure carefully, then get it right afterwards. LOL! I even watched two YT vids before attempting it, but went in there totally hamfisted the first time. My engineering background doesn't prevent me from being a bonehead, I guess.

Wallach: I look forward to reading your future comments on the MVP v2. I like the feature set. Not sure how I feel about the button pressure though. PEACE.

After my Blu battery went belly up for no apparent reason, I decided to go in full force. The local flea market had a shop that carried some of the mid to top end range of clearomizers and batteries.

I wound up going with Kanger Pro Tank II and purchased one for my mom after really liking it

Can someone explain to me why you would want to use a Kick with a Mechanical mod?

I understand the features of the Kick, but isn't the point of using a mechanical to remove all circuit boards and just get straight up battery power?

If I'm going to use a mech+kick, I might as well use a mod with regulated VV/VW.

fmcato

Things are getting crazy here in Spain.

e-cig stores are popping up everywhere (4 opened in a month in my town), and newspapers are publishing lots of articles about health hazards of e-cigs. Most of them with no sources or referencing poor research (like that 2009 FDA one with unregulated Chinese imports). Some even claim they are more dangerous than regular cigarettes (seriously, WTF).

Of course, tobacco stores (obviously) and pharmacies (which sell nicotine patches) are pressing the government to tax it. Pharmacies even want exclusivity on the sales.

So it is easy to see lobbies causing taxes on e-cigs shortly.

Truly infuriating, even considering my plan was to cut nicotine progressively. That definitely seals the deal: no more regular cigarettes EVER, no matter what. Those bastards are not getting more tax money from me.

Pete Rock

Well, to go the other way with it, both the retail locations in my area are pretty bogus and super catty with each other which is amazing considering neither peddle in high end materials. They make their money off starter kits and juices, the highest caliber either offers is a fucking VAMO kit for like $180... ugh.

I would have more respect for them if they weren't hawking garbage juices, as whatever, of course you are going to order cheap shit and mark it up to cover your overhead. But the juice selection, unforgiveable garbage that hangs on your tongue all fucking day - blueberry pomegranate, ocean mist, "VodaVapor" 100%, it's all crap, all 30 flavors of it.

The sad thing is this is what they personally use, because they recently converted, so they are total noobs and know no better. They asked to see my RBA & ProVari in more detail, or ahem my "$150 clearomizer" as they called it after understanding the price... as they are slinging EVODS for $15 a pop... I think my eyes almost rolled out of my head. Forget your disposable lifestyle, shitbirds!

I ask if they ever heard of Johnson Creek, and they say yeah "we don't like it" and hand me a bottle some dude diluted with PG at home, re-bottled and re-branded and included with his own garbage kit he is trying to hawk to gas stations.

I also asked them if they ever heard of Adics Burn from the Phillipines, and immediately they get a weird look and say "well we are from Vietnam and they rip everything off and make fake Coke, fake Sprite, so it is probably fake bullshit"... which lead directly into referring to "a ton of studies" that show the "juices made in the USA" are completely safe, while claiming the juice they sell is approved and regulated, and that all the studies that say otherwise "were done in France or something where they have no quality controls". Sigh.

So there are confused people intentionally propagating misinformation for their benefit on both sides, which is unfortunate for everybody, but particularly the truly uninformed who are the most vulnerable.

Wallach

So my post about receiving my MVP was on the 4th, it's now the 7th. I have been using only my MVP since I received it, on the charge it came with, and the light is still green (3.9v).

Edit - Wanted to talk a bit more about the iTaste 30. Frankly, I think it's pretty poor overall. I've tried a couple different heads already, and been through 3 tanks now. One of Boba's Bounty, one of NLV Gold, and one of GLV Melon Boba. All three really left me unimpressed, both with the flavor and the wicking ability of the design. Particularly with Boba's, it doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the thickness; even as much as halfway through the tank it was already having problems. Comparatively the EVOD delivers much better flavor, and doesn't have any issues wicking Boba's once you pull the loose wicks. So far I can't recommend this device.

So my post about receiving my MVP was on the 4th, it's now the 7th. I have been using only my MVP since I received it, on the charge it came with, and the light is still green (3.9v).

Edit - Wanted to talk a bit more about the iTaste 30. Frankly, I think it's pretty poor overall. I've tried a couple different heads already, and been through 3 tanks now. One of Boba's Bounty, one of NLV Gold, and one of GLV Melon Boba. All three really left me unimpressed, both with the flavor and the wicking ability of the design. Particularly with Boba's, it doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the thickness; even as much as halfway through the tank it was already having problems. Comparatively the EVOD delivers much better flavor, and doesn't have any issues wicking Boba's once you pull the loose wicks. So far I can't recommend this device.

I assume you mean the iClear30 ?

Yes, you will have to "tip" the device once the liquid gets below 75% full. And when it gets lower then that most of the time I hold it up as I'm taking a pull, like a genesis atty. So yeah, that is annoying, but I get tons of great vapor from it and it holds a boat load of liquid.

I love the iClear30, I just hate the mouthpiece.

Merino

So I'm finally joining all of you here in the e-cig revolution. Time to kick the terrible analogue habit.

Ordered a Kanger evod starter kit with a sample pack of liquids. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Pimpwerx

My eGo-C battery died Sunday at the football game. WTF? I pulled the guts out, and the ground wire had popped out of the solder. SMH. I'm gonna contact FT and try to get a replacement. Yeah...good luck with that, I know. Anyway, I was wondering why the light was coming on, but no power was going to the atty. Such a pain in the ass. I'm glad I still have the eGo-T on hand, but that's a real kick in the nuts. PEACE.

Broseybrose

My eGo-C battery died Sunday at the football game. WTF? I pulled the guts out, and the ground wire had popped out of the solder. SMH. I'm gonna contact FT and try to get a replacement. Yeah...good luck with that, I know. Anyway, I was wondering why the light was coming on, but no power was going to the atty. Such a pain in the ass. I'm glad I still have the eGo-T on hand, but that's a real kick in the nuts. PEACE.

I ordered 2 EGO batteries for my dad from Fasttech, which finally arrived last week. They are terrible. Both batteries, the light stays on after letting go of the button for at least 2 seconds. Not good.

So maybe this is a lesson for us, dont buy eGo style batteries from Fasttech?

So I'm finally joining all of you here in the e-cig revolution. Time to kick the terrible analogue habit.

Ordered a Kanger evod starter kit with a sample pack of liquids. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Congrats! Youll be starting off with pro level equipment, now you just need to find a juice you really love and youll be free of analogs!

We will be here if you got questions, etc.

Anyone try out Bubba's Bounty? I've been hearing a lot of positive comments about it and I'm thinking about ordering some. Consensus seems like you to need to steep the juice for a bit to really unlock it's potential

Merino

Congrats! Youll be starting off with pro level equipment, now you just need to find a juice you really love and youll be free of analogs!

We will be here if you got questions, etc.
Yeah I noticed the community behind this is awesome en very helpfull to each other.

I mostly just can't wait to start using it. Even beyond the possible health benefits it just seems like the more ideal way to 'smoke'. I've got half a pack of cigarets lying on the table and though I feel the need to inhale something I'm just not liking the idea anymore of having to inhale the nasty smoke that comes of analoges.

The way I see it is that the most prime benefits are:
- better tasting smoke/vapor (same reason I prefer smoking weed over tabacco)
- more control over experience with various hardwares, liquid mixes, and the fact that you can 'light' it up for just a few drags
- no shitty smells, ashes, dust, stained walls
- no tar and other chemical shit that makes my throath and lungs feel like crap. Thus also be able to smoke/vapor more often than with analogues which are starting to test the limits my body can handle (only 28 years old but smoking heavy for 12 years is taking its toll).

I just switched on Saturday after buying my Kanger Protank II and my eGo twist. Have a near full pack of marlboros just getting staler by the day. i have no reason to smoke an analog anymore

Takuan

After enjoying an eGo twist battery for a bit, I ventured into "advanced" territory and ordered an iTaste SVD VW/VV mod from FastTech along with a pair of 18650 batts and a charger. It's big, looks weird, but it's a fantastic device @ $35 or so for the tube alone. I'm playing with the idea of buying a mechanical mod (probably a Chi You clone), but I'm not 100% sure I'm willing to go that route just yet.

I also ordered from Mount Baker Vapor recently and have only good things to say about them. Great prices ($5 for 15ml, spend $15+ get a free 15ml bottle), reasonable international shipping rates, and really fast turnaround time (5 business days inclusive of order date).

For the curious, I ordered Hawk Sauce, Guava, and Butter Pecan. My favorite is probably Guava, but I should warn you that it does not taste like guava; instead, it tastes exactly like muscat grapes (specifically, those Japanese gummies). Not a problem, since I love that flavor and prefer it over what I was expecting. Hawk Sauce tastes exactly like berry-flavored Nerds candy with a light hit of menthol, while Butter Pecan tastes as described.

When I started, I was told by a juice vendor that I wouldn't want to go back to cigarettes afterward. He was right. I have no desire to have a cigarette at work, since I vape at my desk. I have no desire to have one when I don't have my stuff on me, either. I've gone from 12mg nic to 6mg nic and I think I'm fine with the level of throat hit there. I don't think I'll go nic-free because I do like the nicotine hit.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Anyone here use carto tanks that can recommend one? I've been using a v4l zeus for months and love it, but the cartos are obscenely overpriced. I swore off tanks and gave away my vamo because I hate dry hits, but carto tanks seem worth a shot.

Broseybrose

Anyone try out Bubba's Bounty? I've been hearing a lot of positive comments about it and I'm thinking about ordering some. Consensus seems like you to need to steep the juice for a bit to really unlock it's potential

IMO, Boba's Bounty is just ok. Its not even the best juice Alien Visions makes, that would be Blend 4.

Broseybrose

AVE is alien visions

alien vapors is the bootleg ish

bobas and gorilla juice are worthy of the hype imo

Yeah Im talking about AVE, not the fake one. AVE makes a great juice in the sense that I enjoyed Boba's for a while and now I enjoy Blend 4. Boba's is like a tobacco with molasses flavor, Blend 4 while being a tobacco flavor is extremely fresh and unique in flavor. Its almost fresh like a menthol, even though i hate menthol and Blend 4 tastes absolutely nothing like menthol =]

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yeah Im talking about AVE, not the fake one. AVE makes a great juice in the sense that I enjoyed Boba's for a while and now I enjoy Blend 4. Boba's is like a tobacco with molasses flavor, Blend 4 while being a tobacco flavor is extremely fresh and unique in flavor. Its almost fresh like a menthol, even though i hate menthol and Blend 4 tastes absolutely nothing like menthol =]

Never heard of it, maybe I'll check it out. is it 100% VG?

AVE and good life vapor are the only vendors i use anymore

Merino

And so it arrived.

Have to admitt it's not entirely what I was expecting taste/smoke wise.
I'm struggling to get used to the taste of the e-liquid I have and the inhale/exhale is very dry/tingling on my throat.

I'm currently using Dekang Desert 12mg in 1 evod and Dekang Apple 18mg in the other.
Both have a very similar distinct taste to them (which I assume is the PG/VG I'm tasting).

I guess comming off of analogues it will take some time for adjustment and detox from all the non-nicotine additives. I also have Koko 50/50 mix to try and see if I like that better.

Best benefit I found so far though is that I'm actually enjoying drinking plain water while smoking. With analoges I always had to have some soda/juice/lemonade (bad sugars) on me due to avoid having an ashtray taste all over my mouth.

edit//
ok so yeah the Koko 50/50 6mg (Melon taste) is much much better than the Dekang stuff. Great taste, no itchy throath. Massive difference. I'm liking it ALOT.

Should I be looking for higher VG% or do I just not like the Dekang stuff?
I guess I'll order another sample pack from a different juice vendor (80/20) to see what's up.

Top Bottom